Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Breakout!

KarenNelson

Super-Earth
This is for recruitment for an RP called Breakout.

The premise is that your characters are prisoners being transported from jail to the state pen. You're each looking at hard time, and this is your last ride outside the gray walls of correctional facilities. Once you arrive, you're essentially going to be removed from the planet for anywhere from 10 years to possibly the rest of your life.

You're making the trip in a specially equipped van. There are two guards. One (male, balding, in his 40s) is driving. The second (female, 30-something, not bad looking) is standing watch as the van winds its way into the foothills of a mountain range. It's a routine trip, and just so there's no funny business, each of you is locked to a bar running along the bottom of the van with an 18" long chain and ankle bracelet. You can move at most a couple feet from your seat. The windows are bulletproof safety glass. The male guard is utterly humorless, devoid of personality. The female guard is named Erica, and has chatted with you some. She has a daughter in high school, and another in college, and is looking forward to going on a cruise next month.

Then the best-laid plans of mice and the State Board of Corrections went to shit.

As the van came around a corner, a rockslide came into view about fifty feet ahead. The driver cursed, slamming on the brakes, but the van was traveling too fast. It struck a few boulders ranging in size from softballs to beach balls, and two wheels lost traction. The van fishtailed, ending up ass-first, going off the road, onto a downwards slope, falling into its side and sliding before thunking into a tree.

And that is the point where the story begins...and your characters will have a chance at freedom on the lam.

A few things about this story:

* This is a GM-led story. Certainly I'll try and work in scenes and situations you would like to encounter, but this isn't an every-person-for-himself adventure. I control the world your characters adventure in.
* This will be a hardcore, gritty story. Each of your characters are a hardened criminal. Not nice people. The degree of evil will vary from person to person, but y'all didn't get where you are today helping old ladies carry their groceries or volunteering in homeless shelters. (N.B.: It's fine for your characters to have redeeming qualities and soft spots; when I say they're evil I don't mean cardboard, black-hat one-dimensional evil.)
* There will be all kinds of sexual situations. Any character of mine you encounter is ripe for the taking (though some can bite back; read more for that). Non-con sex scenes are expected. Violence is expected. That being said...
* Your characters are mortal. Moreover, they are engaged in the dangerous business of trying to stay on the run. I'll grant that they have anywhere from a couple to six or seven ranks in Badass, but they're not invulnerable comic-book villains. Do something stupid, and realistic consequences will follow. Even if you're not stupid, you could get unlucky. This isn't GTA.
* Your characters can make friends as well as enemies on the outside. And you'll need allies (willing or coerced). Shoot at everything that moves, and the story will be over quickly.
* Your immediate objective is survival. Of course, you want pleasure too. And other objectives will appear, as in any other adventure.
* I'm looking for at least mostly male characters as PCs. My characters will be a mix (as in the real world).

I am interested. I will call playing a serial killer, much like the one in no country for old men. A man who doesn't like killing, knows what he does is wrong. Yet, tragically just continues to do it, out of some sens that if he doesn't. He will mess with the karmic balance or something. It is never pointed out why he is that way in the movie. I just felt that, he had no pleasure in doing it, and felt he needed to kill people. And do horrible things. My character, much like the guy in the movie is chaotic, smart, and decisive. But no, does not do random spouts of violence. His violence is chosen in perfect key moments.

When captured, he was not discovered for who he truly was. He killed a robber, stealing from a gas station. So in fact he seems more good then bad, and easily can fool people, including that female guard, into thinking he is trust worthy.

Prosak said:
I am interested. I will call playing a serial killer, much like the one in no country for old men. A man who doesn't like killing, knows what he does is wrong. Yet, tragically just continues to do it, out of some sens that if he doesn't. He will mess with the karmic balance or something. It is never pointed out why he is that way in the movie. I just felt that, he had no pleasure in doing it, and felt he needed to kill people. And do horrible things. My character, much like the guy in the movie is chaotic, smart, and decisive. But no, does not do random spouts of violence. His violence is chosen in perfect key moments.

When captured, he was not discovered for who he truly was. He killed a robber, stealing from a gas station. So in fact he seems more good then bad, and easily can fool people, including that female guard, into thinking he is trust worthy.

Sounds like a great concept...just the type who would be going up for a long bid in the pen.

Anyone else interested?

Alex Von
26 years old
6 foot 3
208 pounds
Alex family came to the United States from Lancashire, England but he was born in the South Bronx of New York. With him being mix he grew up on both sides not liking him. His family was poor but works hard while he was quickly wrapped up in gangs and got into drug (selling) quickly. As he got older and move around he realized that he isn’t a fighter but a talker. He isn’t confrontational in fact he has never try to kill anyone more into to family and loyalty that gangs brings; with that he has a lot of connections. When it comes down to it he is a logical bookmaker that is all about making money and a profit seeing as he knows that if you have enough money any problem will just go away. He is a smooth slick talker but he is also a clever liar. He could tell you 5 different stories about his childhood and no one will know which one is the truth if any of it is. He is keen on planning out situation, taking the wrap for his leader in the gang for extortion and negligent homicide he is facing 20+ years behind bars but the court system is hoping to get him to crack in prison and have him go for a plea deal. He was fine spending some time in jail because he know the boss will mostly bust him by any means, it pays to be the right hand man, but now that he was in the car crash he will be looking to get back to his crew, if they haven’t replaced him.

Freestylechamp said:
Alex Von
26 years old
6 foot 3
208 pounds
Alex family came to the United States from Lancashire, England but he was born in the South Bronx of New York. With him being mix he grew up on both sides not liking him. His family was poor but works hard while he was quickly wrapped up in gangs and got into drug (selling) quickly. As he got older and move around he realized that he isn’t a fighter but a talker. He isn’t confrontational in fact he has never try to kill anyone more into to family and loyalty that gangs brings; with that he has a lot of connections. When it comes down to it he is a logical bookmaker that is all about making money and a profit seeing as he knows that if you have enough money any problem will just go away. He is a smooth slick talker but he is also a clever liar. He could tell you 5 different stories about his childhood and no one will know which one is the truth if any of it is. He is keen on planning out situation, taking the wrap for his leader in the gang for extortion and negligent homicide he is facing 20+ years behind bars but the court system is hoping to get him to crack in prison and have him go for a plea deal. He was fine spending some time in jail because he know the boss will mostly bust him by any means, it pays to be the right hand man, but now that he was in the car crash he will be looking to get back to his crew, if they haven’t replaced him.

Great background. Physical description?

I'm intrigued.

David "Maze" King
22 years old
5'11"
176 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Naturally dark brown, dyed purple (medium length)
Noticeable features: "The Truth" tattooed above groin (I named my dick The Truth because bitches can't handle it), labyrinthine style tattoos over arms/chest/neck, multiple facial piercings
Known affiliates: none
Medical history: suffers from extreme paranoia, antisocial personality disorder, possibly at risk for lung cancer (awaiting test results)

Born to an abusive lout of a father and a drunken whore in the seedier parts of Chicago, David was destined to be in and out of correctional institutions his entire life. His teachers all agreed that, if ever this prime example of slum life had to offer ever came into power, it was assured there would be rioting and mass suicides within a weeks.

David spent most of his teenage years with a group he called the 'Mystics'- a group of teenagers like him who thought it was more fun to try to conquer the cesspool than to try rising above it. They would do everything together, from theft, robbery, and arson, to assault, illegal drug and weapons possession, battery, rape, public drunkenness. If you can name it, at least one of the Mystics had his hands in it.

When he bothered to show up to class (which was not often) David was as he always was- loud, rude, obnoxious, and really easy to enrage. Though he was what some would consider 'scrawny', one thing assured that David had never lost one if the many fights he had found himself in his insistence on taking whatever pain his opponent dealt and giving back tenfold. He often fought dirty, and more than once innocent bystanders were not above getting hurt just to probe a point. A lot of this he attributed to the fact that he idolized antiheroes like Manchester Black from the Superman comics, and Alex from A Clockwork Orange. Finally, when he was 21, he was brought in on several charges, the least of which being multiple murders that he had been linked to- apparently, some of the people he had decided deserved a good shit stomping hadn't made it into the ER. Within an hour, David was found guilty of several counts of aggravated assault, multiple first and second degree murders, and of resisting arrest- not so much because he resisted, so much as the fact that he tried to assault the judge presiding over his hearing. As they hauled him out of the courtroom, all that could be heard coming from the beaten and tazed David was "You think you heard the last of me!?"

I know it needs a lot of work, but I'm pretty tired right now (on a strict sleep schedule that doesn't allow for a lot of REM sleep), so please don't hesitate to tell me what I choukd change or remove, or even add.

KarenNelson said:
Freestylechamp said:
Alex Von
26 years old
6 foot 3
208 pounds

Great background. Physical description?

He mix with italian and german short dirty blonde hair dark blue eyes doesn't like like a muscluar person but is pretty lean.

The concepts look good so far. I'm going to accept new entries for another couple days, and then we'll start.

For added drama and plot, I'm also throwing in a "global event" that will be taking place shortly after the beginning of the story. I'm not going to spoil it; you'll get clues along the way.

Millenium Joker said:
Just direct me to where I have to go. I assume we're adhering to the standard rules of RPing turns, yes?

Yes. I'm not going to be a stickler about it, but generally the action will proceed in turns. I'll be posting a bit of backstory from before the accident, but the story will pick up after the wreck.

I haven't done a group rp in a while I will be up for it can put together a character tomorrow when I have time

Prosak said:

Did you want to add to the description here?

Yajirobe said:
I haven't done a group rp in a while I will be up for it can put together a character tomorrow when I have time

Looking forward to it.

Everyone, please go ahead and post your characters here:
http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=41087

I've included a character sheet/template.

Please do not use this thread as a dump for your characters. There is a whole section devoted to that called **Character Profiles**. That is where they go. If you want to approve of them first either post and then edit or do so via pm's please.

EDIT: Please disregard the earlier comment about Systems--I'm a sleepy one.

The story is now underway here:

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=41177

I decided to start at the beginning of the journey, to give characters a chance to interact with each other and the guards.

Back
Top Bottom