Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's all about the Blood (tag Bloodkiss)

Sinner

Star
Erosin stood on the balcony of his estate looking out over the city that was his clans territory. He had acquired the territory from his sire over three hundred years ago when he had finally beaten the old vampire in a fight and dusted him. His coven had grown over the years and their territorial hold had started to slowly expand in order to keep up with the numbers. He lived in the house alone his circle of trusted living in houses slightly lower down the hill which he lived atop. His long black hair rose and fell in the sporadic gusts of wind as his bare torso reflected the moonlight. He wore silk pants having just woken up and sighed thinking trying to decide where he would feed tonight.

He stepped up onto the balconies rail dropping down to the pathway below before walking down towards the city feeling the presence of a couple of his underlings nearby. He thought about finding one of them and asking them about the rumors he had heard of a new vampire taking control of the next coven over whose territory ran edge to edge with his own. He wanted to know if this new one would be a threat to him and his family or not. He decided that it could wait, at least until after he had a full stomach then maybe he would take the time to learn about his newest neighbor.​

Ariya yawned, sipping at her wine with a look of pure boredom on her lovely face. Thick, crimson-stained lips were pursed, and her bright silver eyes were narrowed as she stared at the dimming fire in her hearth. One of the younger vampires in her coven had mentioned that they had run into a member of the neighboring clan while out searching for a good feed. The clan leader didn't seem like much of a threat to her, but then, she hadn't met him. She'd been head of this coven for upwards of two thousand years. She was the original leader, and no one had ever challenged her rule. Her clan had grown over the years, and was rather large, but she kept it at a reasonable size. It was easier to maintain with such high standards when there were less underlings to make mischief. She stood, the fabric of her floor-length crimson gown flowing like water against her lithe form. Flicking a strand of long, wavy red-gold hair from her eyes, she strolled out into the garden, admiring the night-blooming flowers and the full moon.

Erosin licked his lips as he lifted his head from the neck of the young woman he had found at a local bar that catered to the needs of his kind. There were a few such establishments that had formed where his kind could go to find willing people from which to feed. As soon as he had become the head of the coven he had made it law that there would be no unnecessary kills as long as he was in charge. If to many people mysteriously disappeared things would be harder to keep under wraps then if they fed from willing victims. It was so much easier to handle and there were so many who enjoyed giving vampires a meal whenever they needed it.

He looked at the young women he had fed from she had a look on her face of pure joy and he could tell she was one of the ones who got off on the feedings. He stood and turned away hearing her plead for him to take more he smirked down at her laying his hand on her forehead willing her to sleep and watched as she slowly closed her eyes and sank into a light slumber. She would awake soon after he was gone feeling rested but forgetting him as everyone else he fed from did. He didn't like being in the spot light and didn't want a following of humans coming to him asking to be turned or fed from. He stepped out of the bar into the cool night pulling a light black cloak over his shoulders as he turned his head in the direction of one of his inner circle. He found her quickly telling her that he intended to check out the neighboring coven. He had heard that night that the covens leader had actually been such for a long time but the truth of it had never reached his ears. He walked out of the city and headed into the neighboring lands expecting to quickly be greeted by one of the covens underlings. He didn't pay much attention as he entered their territory patiently waiting to be noticed so he could ask for an audience with their mistress.​

One of her scouts came bursting out of the grand ball room, hurrying over the patio and toward her in a panic. He told her in a torrent of words that the leader of the neighboring coven had come to their territory. She smirked, her fangs glistening in the dim light of the moon, and waved the boy off. She would greet their visitor herself this evening. Striding down the path toward the front courtyard, she straightened the skirt of her gown. The long dress was made of silk and lace, the top a corset-style bodice with black lace layered over crimson silk. The skirt was the same crimson silk, with black crystals sewn in a swirling pattern that flowed down her long legs. The back of the dress was laced like a corset, and her milky-pale flesh peered through the slit that trailed down to her lower back, her breasts hefted high by the tight lacing. Her red-gold hair was tied in a loose bun, held with a silver pin, and small curls framed her face and bounced at the nape of her neck.

Standing in the middle of the street Erosin watched as the few people who were up at this hour moved about him wandering to their individual goals. He sighed and noticing a small cafe with seating outside he walked over and sat in one of the chairs not caring that the cafe was closed. He waited patiently watching the people pass wondering about this women who he had only recently heard anything about. He couldn't wait to meet her and see if she was like the others and afraid of him and his coven or if she would be different, no matter what though he didn't think she would be a threat to him and his own so he had come armed only with his kinds natural weapons.​

Ariya caught a new scent on the wind, and followed it, knowing that it was him. She followed the trail to a small cafe, her favorite one. Spotting him seated in plain view, she smirked and strode over. "Bonsoir. I believe you were looking for me? C'est une belle lune ce soir, n'est-ce pas?" She chuckled, her silver eyes scanning his form, sizing him up. "How rude of me. Parle-vous francais?"

Erosin caught a scent not human and searched for its source seeing a very attractive women walking up to him. When she spoke he smiled, he wasn't fluent in many languages but he knew a little bit of almost all of them. "La lune est toujours belle si l'un choisit de remarquer' he said his hair only slightly covering his face allowing his mercury eyes to be seen reflecting the moonlight' I prefer english though as my accent butchers the beauty of most other languages". He stood from his seat his well muscled torso revealed by his lack of shirt and the opening in his cloak "you must be in charge around her dressed so finely and coming straight to me with no fear" he said speaking politely and casually his voice soft.​

She chuckled. "Yes. I am in charge. Et je ne connais pas la peur." Feigning a curtsey, she extended a hand toward him in false propriety. "I am Ariya LaCroix. You are...?" Her full, sensuous lips curled upward in a smirk that spoke volumes about its wearer. She carried herself like royalty, her chin held high with pride, her beauty unblemished and her grace without flaw.

He laughed at her words watching her hand come towards him he thought about refusing the gesture but sighed figuring there was no point. He took her hand in his own shaking it lightly for a moment before bringing his back to his own side. "I am Erosin and its a pleasure to finally meet you miss LaCroix" he said watching her face noticing the way in which she held herself. He guessed that as a human she had been some sort of royalty and still felt she was the same since she was head of the coven.​

She smirked, turning back toward her large, Victorian-Gothic mansion. "Shall we talk somewhere more comfortable?" She didn't wait for an answer, her stiletto heels ticking across the cobblestones that made up the small pedestrian-road in front of the cafe. Her stride was long and confident, her hips swaying dangerously, daringly.

He stepped in line behind her walking slowly his bare feet not making a single sound as he walked. He watched her form sway in front of him admiring her, he still didn't know if she would be an enemy or an ally but he had to admire beauty wherever he found it and she was not lacking. "I'm sure that somewhere more comfortable could be nice" he said as he followed her for a moment before moving up next to her deciding not to lose the first play of mental warfare and be labeled the type to follow.​

She chuckled, leading him up the path through the courtyard to the foyer of her large coven-house. "Don't worry, I wouldn't dream of letting you become too comfortable." Her silky, frosty voice implied much with its tone. "We shall make use of the parlor. I have been waiting for some time for you to seek audience with me. I heard from one of my young underlings that you were curious about me. What is it that you would like to know?" She pushed open the doors to a large parlor, furnished with gold and cerulean tapestries, and mahogany Gothic furniture. She sat near the fireplace on a small fainting couch, motioning for him to sit across from her in an over-stuffed armchair.

"oh no too comfortable would be bad wouldn't it" he said chuckling a little bit as he looked around the house. He liked the decorations and furniture it looked similar to his room at his own home, following her he sat in the offered chair his body seeming relaxed though his muscles were coiled ready for anything. "while I apologize for not coming to see you sooner I've been rather busy within my own coven and only learned of your presence a short time ago' he said his tone polite and casual as if they were chatting about the weather' I was hoping to find out if you would be like the others and we would get along fine or if you would be someone who I would have to but heads with. So what are you my friend or my enemy?"​

She smirked, bringing her long legs up and reclining on the fainting couch. "It depends. Are you friendly?" She fiddled with the only ring she wore, a silver band with a large garnet stone set in a ring of onyx. It matched a necklace that was draped around her slender neck, the only difference being that there was a silver overlay on the amulet that resembled a wolf.

He watched her legs as they moved part of his lip lifting in a smile at her words. "I'm very friendly' he said winking at her' though my coven is slowly expanding and encompassing a larger area. Most of the other neighboring covens are fine with allowing my growing one a bit more space as it is needed". He noticed the ring his eyes then moving to the necklace admiring the craftsmanship, he had his own set of flashy baubles that he wore on occasions when he was dressing up to show his worth. "so what about you, are you planning to be friendly with my family or are we going to have problems?" he said his voice flipping from casual and polite to cold and scornful though he spoke with a smile.​

She laughed. "I shall be the shining example of friendly, as long as you don't encroach on my lands. This area has been mine since before humans lived here. And it will be mine long after they are gone." Her eyebrows were animated as she spoke, rising in a perfectly formed, thin arches. "So, was there anything else you wanted? Or did you just come to assert yourself and ensure your position?"

"well then friend we may have a problem' he said sighing lightly' I don't wish to seem like a threat but sometimes I just can't stop my people from wanting to expand a little bit". He rubbed the bridge of his nose as he had ever since he was human "I will try my best but with so many in my coven I can't control all of them all the time" he said shrugging. "perhaps we can come to a sort of agreement and you will allow a few of mine safe haven on the outer edge of your territory" he said moving his hair out of his eyes.​

She smiled, her thick crimson lips tilting upward, revealing just the tips of her fangs. "I will allow your coven safe haven on my lands, so long as you return the favor and allow me to hold them to the same standards as my own coven. If they do not follow my rules, I shall handle them as I see fit." After a moment, she shrugged. "I warn you, my standards are high."

"well then I must thank you for your kindness in this matter" he said interlacing the fingers of his hands as he looked at her. "oh really then so where do I stand with these high standards of yours?" he asked raising an eyebrow at her. He wondered how things would work out but figured that if anything came up they could handle that when the time came. He knew that some of his group were already right on the edge of the territories and would probably be sifting into hers shortly.​

Ariya's smirk turned to a smug grin, a hint of a dare laced in it. "Hmm...well, I'm not sure yet. I don't know that much about you." She pursed her lips coyly, her quicksilver gaze sizing him up.

He smiled at her "oh come now we've been alive long enough to know that everyone in the world makes a judgement about someone as soon as they lay eyes on them' he said standing and casually placing his hands in front of him one atop the other' or are you telling me that when you saw me sitting there waiting nothing popped into your mind". He waited a moment for her response before he spoke again "I am sorry we didn't have more time to size each other up but I have things to attend to before the night is over, so if you will excuse me I can show myself out' he stepped towards the door stopping just before it' maybe you can come visit me soon and we can have a drink I have so enjoyed this little chat". He gave her a nod and left the room quickly slipping out to the street and making his way slowly back to his own house sending a couple runners he came across to bring his circle to him.​

Ariya waited until after he'd left to answer his question, chuckling to herself. "I did not say I hadn't gotten an impression." She had certainly gotten an impression, and it made her laugh. He conducted himself with pride, perhaps too much of it, and was hungry to push back the neighboring covens. She knew well enough that none of them had been happy about letting him take their territory. And she would not let him touch her land. She was not daft.

Erosin sat in his large chair looking into the faces of the five vampires that made up his "circle", they had been discussing the events of his meeting with the other leader. "alright everyone I'm going to leave you with this little tidbit, I don't think she'll be as easy to pressure over as the others this one seems to have confidence in herself' he said as he stood from the chair' now if any of you hear anything please let me know". He turned and walked out of the room and walked up the stairs opening the door to his room and slipping inside.​

Ariya knew that he would be back. And she would take him up on his offer to visit tomorrow night. It would be good to observe her enemy's territory. It might give her an advantage. She went back to her room, and the book she'd been reading earlier that day.

Erosin sighed as he sat once again on the balcony looking out over the city when he noticed that the sky was slowly lightening up. He stepped back into his room shutting the door and dropping the thick dark cloth that kept the light from his room. He slipped into his bed laying in the soft silk sheets drifting off into a deep sleep no dreams bothering him through the night. He awoke early the next evening the sun still up as he opened his eyes sitting up in his bed.​

Back
Top Bottom