Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fortunate Mortal (dando20 and Frogger)

"Something...isn't right here..." Sophia murmured, senses prickling with unease. "I hope Father hasn't done anything to harm..." Her eyes lit up as the possibility hit her, horror making itself known in the grey depths. "He would do something!" Quickly taking her keys, she rushed out to her car, even though she had no idea where Dane would be.

Dane was still unconscious from the crash, his head dripping small amount of blood.

Sophia closed her eyes once inside the car, thinking of the possibilities. Dane could be anywhere, because of his job, and yet...he should be on the way back...shouldn't he? With this in mind, she began searching the roads leading to the college -and his workplace.

Dane slowly woke up, and groaned from the pain. "UUgghhh..what..happened...c..crash?..Oh man..I'm going to be soo late.." Dane looked around seeing there is no way he can move now. He put the emergency blinkers on, seeing if anyone will notice him.

"Father, please... Don't do anything to him..." Sophia's words were followed by a dark, ominous rumble, though no more rain fell down from the heavens. Her grip tight on the steering wheel, she glanced left and right, only to notice a pair of blinking emergency lights. That might be him! she thought. Quickly she pulled over to see.

Dane though he heard someone but was too hurt to wonder what was going on. He drifted from consciousness to unconsciousness.

Sophia jumped out of the car, rain once again pelting down onto her while she ran towards the blinking emergency lights. Hands cupped on either side of her eyes, she peeked inside, only to find Dane inside. "Oh no..." She moaned. "Father..." Quickly she opened the door, trying to see if he was conscious or not.

Dane slowly opened his eyes, seeing someone coming to get him. A beautiful godly face that he feared he would never see again. "S..Sophia...You're...here..." Dane managed to say, trying to keep himself awake.

"I am. How badly are you hurt?" Sophia asked him in a gentle voice, fingertips checking the wound in his forehead. Blood painted the ends. Her hair was plastered to her cheeks and neck, clothes the same way to her body.

"Ughhh..Major headache..and...My back hurts...other than that I'm..Ugghh..sorta fine" Dane said, feeling the blood drip from his head.

Sophia bit her lip, not sure what to do. Father was obviously not pleased...but would he really kill this man? Over her identity? Her fingers caressed his cheeks, if only to offer comfort. "Should I call the hospital?"

Dane waited, and felt the pain in his head grow even bigger. He couldn't take it anymore and fainted from the amount of pain.
The next time he would wake up, he heard some beeping. He looked around, seeing that he was on a hospital bed now.

"Wha...Sophia?" Dane mumbled, wondering if she was here.

Sophia was asleep in the chair next to the bed, head resting on top of her shoulder. It was obvious that she hasn't gone home since the incident, for her clothes were wrinkled, her hair a slight mess. Deep breathing could be heard coming from the young woman.

Dane was shocked to see Sophia sleeping, waiting for him. He was surprised she would go so far..for him. He smiled and rested calmer now, knowing the goddess was keeping an eye on him.

The next day, Dane woke up and saw Sophia was still there. "Hey..Sophia..I'm awake" Dane said, feeling a bit stronger now.

"I can see that." Sophia offered him a faint smile, weariness evident in her features and eyes, sure as if someone drew it in. "You look much better than you did yesterday... I'm glad."
Her hand reached down, bringing up the small bag she had. "I brought a few things for you...from your apartment. Food, clothes, and the like... I hope you like them."

"Wow..thank you so much..Oh no..my job..I need to call them to know what happened" Dane said worryingly.

Sophia scooted her chair forward, her arms now able to rest on the bed. "Do not fret. I already called your job, and said that you will be out for a week. If you need another week, you can call yourself..."

"Oh..Thanks so much..You really looked out for me. I don't know how I can thank you." Dane said, blushing that she was so close to him now.

Dane reached out for Sophia's head and petted her hair as she rested. He didn't think a goddess would get this tired out. Though Dane couldn't help but notice Sophia acted more of a friend to him, which gave him a bit of hope. He relaxed while petting her hair.

Sophia let out a soft, content sigh, her head moving until his hand came to rest on her cheek. "I'm glad...you're alright..." she breathed, body relaxing further.

"Yeah..I'm glad you are alright..Sophia.." Dane closed his eyes to rest, letting his hand lay on the goddess' cheek. He dreamt that he and Sophia was together, kissing one another..as a true couple.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Sophia asked in a soft whisper, one eye opening to gaze up at him. However, when she noticed that he wasn't even looking at her, she closed it back. "You're the one who was in the accident...not I."

Back
Top Bottom