Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fortunate Mortal (dando20 and Frogger)

As Dane was driving on to home, he saw Sophia standing in a bus stop. He quickly stops and opens the window. "Hey Sophia..umm..you missed the bus?" Dane asked. He smiled on the inside, hoping that he would be the one to drop her home.

"I think I have... I'm not quite sure, but I have been waiting for twenty minutes now..." Sophia gave him a sheepish smile, damp curls sticking to her cheeks. "Do you think you can drop me off at home? My car is still in the shop, and I'd prefer to get a head start on the papers I have to grade..."

"Of course, sure thing" Dane said, hiding his glee. He opened the door for her, despite the rain, letting her in. "After you" Dane politely offered.

Sophia flashed him a smile, her long leg exposing itself whenever she stepped inside. "Thank you so much... I really appreciate it. I hate being out in the rain..."

"Yeah...a goddess like you shouldn't get yourself wet like that....so..how was your day?" Dane said blushing..

"It was...very good." Sophia felt a blush rise to her cheeks at his casual comment, though she didn't say anything about it. "I accomplished quite a bit in class today...but I'm very much looking forward to drying off inside my apartment... I also want to take a long shower... Um, I hope I'm not keeping you from your job..."

"Oh no..not at all. I'm just going to get home and get ready for work...so..I guess nothing has happened to you...yet.." Dane said in a bit of fear.

Sophia grew silent, fingers playing with the edge of her skirt. "Nothing yet...but I fear that Father will soon come forth to talk. He will not be pleased..." She bit her lip.

"Oh...Umm..do u think..I..I might talk to him somehow?..I mean..It's partially...well...all my fault that you revealed to me who u are.." Dane said frowning. "I don't want you to bear all the punishment"

"I...I don't know... If Father does reveal himself to me, and expresses his anger, I will certainly bring up the idea... Alright?" Sophia half-turned to him, giving a soft smile.

"A..Alright" Though he didn't like the idea of being punished, he didn't want Sophia to suffer because of his over curiosity. He soon finally reached home and opened the car door for Sophia.

Sophia rose out of the car, rain pelting down onto her head and body. "Thank you for the ride..." She told him, her white blouse slowly revealing the bra she wore underneath, due to the moisture. "Hopefully my car will be fixed soon..."

"OK..Umm...well..Hope to see you later" Dane said as he was about to head inside his home.

"Oh..s..sure..We can hang out at my house and watch some old movies" Dane suggested.

"I like the sound of that." Sophia tucked a damp curl behind her ear, and began going into her apartment. "How about I come over around... eight?"

Dane smiled and closed his door too, quickly getting ready for work. He couldn't help but be excited for having more time later with Sophia.

A few hours passed, rain still coming down in heavy gusts. Sophia didn't mind the rain, yet she did have to wonder...was her father really that displeased? If so, why hasn't he come forward, and say anything? Her pen tapping against the top of the paper she was grading, her grey eyes once again glanced outside. There was a worried frown on her lips.

Due to the heavy rain and winds, Dane was let out of work early. He hoped he could make it out of the storm safely, not wanting to forget his plans with Sophia. He drove off, barely able to see the road.

Sophia decided to go out for a breath of fresh air...despite the rain. Her keys in hand, she went outside, the rain kept back because of the building wall she was next to. "I wonder where Dane is..." she murmured, getting a strange feeling in her chest.

The rain got even worse, now blinding Dane's visibility. He suddenly lost the traction of the road and was swerving all over the place. "Whoa...can't...control" was all Dane said before crashing to a tree off the road. He wore a seat-belt but hit his head hard on the steering wheel, knocking him out.

Back
Top Bottom