Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Teacher X student (malmshodes and shadow wolf)

malmshodes

Star
A young man hurried down the halls of his college. It was the first day of class, and he hated more than anything to start the year, no his college life off late, but that did little to change the fact he was going to be late. His pale eyes searched around the halls as he moved up and down, hoping to spot the room number for his first class. It was a history class. He couldn't remember the name of the teacher, but that wasn't a primary concern for the moment. He checked his watch. "Only fifteen minutes. I just need to hurry up and find it, and It'll be fifteen minutes I miss."

"That's it?" Jimmy slid to a stop in front of a door. "Wait." He checked his schedule and nodded. "Yep, that's it." He took a deep breath, and took the knob in hand. He tried to turn it slowly, but that didn't do anything thanks to the loud squeak of rusty hinges. "Ah. Sorry." He looked down as he stepped inside, and quickly dropped into the nearest seat.

Professor Tabitha Blackwell had just started writing on the board when he arrived, she turned around with a smile on her face. She didn't dress like normal collage professors, she looked straight at him. '' Since you're only fifteen minutes late I'll let it slide this time but don't let it happen again.'' Miss. Blackwell said as she turned back to the board, wrote down the assignment. She walked back to the podium, opened her teacher's guide. '' Now if you'll please turn to page seventeen in your text books we'll get started.'' She said still smiling at him, she knew most professors were meant to be serious but she wasn't most professors she was very bubbly even friendly. She was the kind of professor that wanted to welcome her students not scare them off especially on the 1st day of classes, she would keep her optimistic attitude through out the year.

"Yes ma'am. I'm, uh. Sorry. I won't let it happen again." Jimmy said, a slight red appeared on his face. He nodded, and dropped his eyes to get his book, and find the page. When he had it, he looked up and noticed that the woman was smiling at him. He tried to look straight at her, but he couldn't but let his eyes drift a little lower, only for a second. His blush increased. He shook his head, and looked at the book. He was a little bit ashamed of himself. There was a time and place to notice a woman's beauty, and when you were late to her class, scrambling to get things in order was not one of them. He grabbes his pen, and started taking down notice, sneaking little peaks her and there at the woman.

Miss. Blackwell noticed his attention aiming toward her, she just continued to smile. She started to read the 1st paragraph on the page she had told them to turn to, wrote a few more things down on the board. There was something about him that only made her want to be more inviting to her students especially him, she noticed he was the only one not focused on his work. Stepping away from the podium she walked toward his seat, looked over his shoulder slightly. Showing him where they were she gave him a piece of paper telling him to see her after class so she could fill him in on what he missed. The blond walked back to her desk, took a seat as she watched her students do their work, the class was pretty long but she was sure they would take their time so they didn't flunk least she hoped they would anyways.

Jimmy looked up at the woman as she handed him the card. He tried to look confident in his smile, but feared the red on his cheeks gave it away. He looked down at the paper, and the blood rushed from his face like a bunch of mice upon their realizing the ship was about to go down. He swallowed hard, and turned his attention to his work. There was not a lot that could've made the class go slower. Jimmy wasn't surprise. Between coming in late, for his first day, and then being told to stay after class so he could catch up, it wasn't a surprise the clock seemed to tick slower and slower. Watching it was the worst thing he could do, and he knew it, but he couldn't stop because if he did, his eyes would flutter over to the woman at the front, and he wouldn't be able to take his eyes off her.

Eventually, the bell rang. Jimmy didn't get up right away. He waited till everyone was done before slowly pushing himself off his chair. "Uh. Miss Blackwell?" He walked up to her. "You wanted to speak with me after class?"

'' Yes Jimmy. I wanted to catch you up on what you missed due to being late so have a seat.'' Miss. Blackwell said as she turned on the over head projector, turned off the lights. The 1st five minutes of class she'd shown a slide show of various historic figures, then wanted her class to match them up with what they were famous from. She handed him a sheet of paper with 25 historic figures on it, next to each one was something that had made them famous. '' You have fifteen minutes, I'll write you a late slip.'' She said as she stepped over to the side, held the remote in her hand letting him do his work. '' Got the 1st one figured out? '' Miss. Blackwell said as she got ready to move on to the next historic figure, there were twenty five of them just like on the sheet she'd given him it was more of a basic knowledge thing she expected most of her students to remember from high school history. She was surprised at the amount of students that had in fact gotten 1-10 of the questions wrong especially when it gave a story for each one.

((Sorry it's kind of crappy.))

"Alright." Jimmy said as he took the sheet of paper. "I can do this." He wasn't a master of history, but he was no slouch, at least that was what he hoped to be the case. It would be a real shame if all that time watching the History channel added up to nothing more than time killed. "I think I've got it. So go ahead, move on to the next slide." He crossed his fingers, and forced his eyes to keep from clenching nervously.

(lol yeah, but only because I wasn't sure what to reply to it.)

Miss. Blackwell smiled, moved onto the second slide as she smiled at him she twirled a strand of her long blond hair between her fingers. The room was fairly cool, she actually felt a little cold so she set the remote down on the podium reaching for her jacket she put it on then buttoned it up. She picked up the remote, waited for him to say he was ready for the next slide she knew he could do it she believed in him. She believed in all her students but for some reason Jimmy seemed special, she was already very intrigued by how focused he seemed which was an improvement from some of his class mates who seemed a little distracted.

Back
Top Bottom