Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lords and Ladies (LingeringDesire & Greeneyed23)

Ne'ebo smiled. "It is nothing my Princess. i am glad you honor me with their use." and returned her kiss. Her perfect handling of the whole situation was quite impressive. He had whipped the crowd into frenzy them gave them to her and she had not only taken them smoothly but had also earned the crowded renewed respect. At her offer of a bath he had begun to object but her kiss had silenced him, and the hot water had indeed felt magnificent on his body. He lay relaxed within it, having added a number of special oils himself, making the water thickly pale and opaque. He did not allow the attendant to help him and just lay in the water soaking and happy.

When the screaming outside drew Mathilde out Ne'ebo opened his eyes listening. He rolled his eyes at Thismal's words. "Lying slattern." He smirked hearing what happened so clearly he might have well as seen it. Once Thismal was gone he called softly. 'Mathilde? Please bring our lady in with you." Mathilde gently guided Fenice into the room. Ne'ebo's body from the abs down could not be seen. he smiled as the other attendant stepped out at a gesture. Mathilde would not be allowed to leave but Ne'ebo did not care, though his eyebrows did raise at Fenice still gripping his practice sword. "My Princess you may safely release the weapon." Mathilde did not try to take it though as Ne'ebo watched the object of all his affection and love.

"i want to thank you for the bath. It's a true God send." He stretched luxuriously reminding both women very much of one of the great jungle cats they have seen in menageries of visiting nobles. "And for protecting me from that woman." Mathilde teased as it was the first time he had made any mention of Thismal's existence at all. Ne'ebo smiled more. "Many women have been assassins and as a knight I would not be allowed to kill her. So thank you My Princess. What did she want?" He did not ask innocently feigning ignorance but maintaining his lack of notice for any woman as a woman except Fenice. only she would in his sight as anything more than a person who is not male. Only Fenice will ever has his love." Mathilde smiles as he says this.

Ne'ebo moves tot he edge of the tub closest to the two women his eyes locked on Fenice's. "Please step out for a moment ladies? I'm hungry and wish to dress." Mathilde smiled and lead Fenice out . Once the door was closed Ne'ebo got out dried himself and his hair carefully then pulled on clean leggings and new robes then stepped out. "Shall we go eat My Princess?" He took her arm and allowed her to lead him to the private dining area his eyes on hers. Mathilde followed them.

Ne'ebo helped Fenice sit and then sat himself. "Are you not eating Mathilde?" At her stammer he pulled up another chair. Mathilde would not stop him from gazing on his love's face into her eyes while he ate. He did eat ravenously but rather quickly. He had settled back and simply because he knew that despite their private room they were being observed so he did not attempt anything though Mathilde genuinely wanted the couple to have time together. Ne'ebo was just opening his mouth when a servant came in. ":my Lord you have a visitor. Lord Edwin Tallow." Ne'ebo closed his eyes in annoyance but stood kissing Fenice gently but hungrily on the lips then went to see the Lord.

Tallow stood just outside the room his arms folded his weapons still in his belt, his long black cape billowing lightly down his back. He felt he cast a rather impressive figure and was beginning to smirk at the thought when Ne'ebo came out. Ne'ebo was in simply black robes nearly as dark as his skin, is long hair neatly braided and hanging down his back. he bore no weapons but everyone knew how dangerous his bare hands were. he smiled at Tallow who unconsciously stepped back licking his lips worriedly. "You called Lord Tallow?" Edwin noted the lack of respect in the words but her could not challenge them as his title had been used.

"You killed my knight. i expect repayment." Ne'ebo smiled but it was nothing like his usual smile. His eyes were completely empty of life and his smile looked more like the snarl of the great cats of is birth nation. "Your knight lost his knighthood because of his treachery. By order of the king and all his legal authority. He then attacked me. He a common abuser and murderer attacked a knight with weapons. You know I was well within my rights to defend myself as I did. You will get no repayment for me...Lord Tallow. What you will get is a warning. Im tired of your attempts on me. On Princess Fenice. On the Lord Archbishop Narmil. And on His Majesty King Elias. I am tired of you all. You have tested my patience beyond endurance. have you not learned that it is smarter to just go quietly?" He realizes then that Ne'ebo was aware of what happened after Jarn's body was thrown aside. The Cretch twins and Lord Dufrayne had been brought before the King and Archbishop, the Archbisop needed as he would decide if the debt was truly paid, and while Dufrayne took his gold and scampered off to hide, the Cretch twins took their massive payments and fled the city still rather frightened at the execution of their best like he was no more than a dog. By this man.

Edwin licked his lips again recalling for the first time that though he claimed otherwise he had never once in his life killed or raised his weapons in battle and now he was looking into the eyes of a man who had killed hundreds perhaps thousands of times never with joy but still easily as he had Jarn today. He had brought no guards and the precarious nature of his position began to scream at him. Ne'ebo studied hi coldly and Edwin began to feel more and more like a little bug. He was completely alone in every way, well aware that the King would easily have the money to pay him off tomorrow and having no recourse to do anything about it. He had been startled to learn that when Elias began removing guards and knights not solely loyal to the throne from his service that many of the lord's men chose to swear fealty solely to the king eliminating all former vows. Tallow had nearly nothing. He could no longer threaten the king or his daughter and he knew that the giant before him was to blame. He tried to think of something but Ne'ebo soft laughter startled him so much he fell silent even in his mind.

Ne'ebo's chuckles were deep rumbling but strangely ominous to the single remaining lord. "you have no idea how funny it is to see you now. My lord. When i arrived you were so sure you were in control you were attempting to dictate who would be taking Princess Fencie as bride so you could command the truly in every way. You have disrespected your nation and her people. you have no right to be a nobleman but I suspect you know that. you already have no power remaining. Personally I'd do the one honorable thing left and forgive the debt and leave.." Edwin stiffened and Ne'ebo grinned making Edwin shudder. "But you won't do that will you?"

"No..."

Ne'ebo smirked. "Well Lord Edwin Tallow i have some news for you. We actually have your payment. We made ten million ducats today." He smiles at Edwin's widened eyes. "I bet two million that Jarn and i would make it to the finals. The odds on me were rather high considering but since i also quite correctly predicted the final match-ups i also made quite a tidy sum and of course the King's wisdom also let him make quite a but as well. In fact..." Ne'ebo pointed at the King who approached followed by the Archbishop and two pages bearing a tray filled with ducats.

Tallow stared at it and sputter but Elias spoke. "We decided to wait to see how you would handle all of this. First you send your niece to attempt to seduce Ne'ebo. then she attacks my daughter. Then you come and make an illegal demand of Ne'ebo. You shall take your payment. You will gather your household and you will leave my city. And you will advise your niece to avoid contact with Ne'ebo. I suspect my daughter will kill her next time." Only Ne'ebo knew he had intentionally left the door to the room behind him open allowing Mathilde and Fencie to hear and see everything.

Edwin stared as he realized that all his planning all is plotting and mistreatment of persons about him had come to nothing. he stared at the gold then suddenly cried out reaching for his sword but Ne'ebo's hand clamped on his wrist so hard Edwin felt and heard his wrist break. "You shall not draw a blade in the presence of My King. Take your gold and go old man." Ediwin gazed into the eyes of the younger man but Ne'ebo smiled. "Im not the threat. I just saved your life." He looked over as did Edwin and there stood Elias. not Elias the helpless old man who had been forced to endure the abuse of the lords and their ilk for his entire reign. Not Elias who they had mocked when his wife died leaving him only with a daughter. not even Elias who had once rode forth under the Golden banner of Camelot. No. There stood King Elias, King of all Brittan his crown somehow looking more regal and royal than ever before. For the first time the throne was entirely his and King Elias was truly free. He peered down at Edwin who cowered before his monarch while Ne'ebo released the old man and knelt as had the pages while the Archbishop bowed his head respectfully knowing that his friend was not Elias the man but for the very first time in his life and for the first time in the line of Arthur itself since that great ancestor, the King of England was come into his own. He spoke softly but the words carried the weight of the voice of God who had chosen this family to rule Britain. "take the gold Edwin Tallow. And begone. You shall never step foot in my city again." Edwin stared in awe then blinked bowed and took the gold scurrying off in terror.

Ne'ebo remains knelt before the King his eyes studying the floor. Elias smiled but did not bid him rise yet. he touched the door opening it and took his daughter's hands. "We are free my child. You are free." he hugged her and kissed her cheek his eyes shining. The change in his was remarkable. he seemed younger than he had in years and his strength seemed to have returned. He turned to Ne'ebo and smiled again. "Sir Ne'ebo Fa Hargik. Knight of Africa Asia, and Europa. I ask you to become my Lord High general of the armies of Britain. Will you accept?" Ne'ebo nodded. "I shall My King. " Edwin drew his own sword, itself not having seen the world outside except to be oiled and polished, and tapped Ne'ebo's shoulders gently. "I hereby name you thus. may you serve well and long my friend. Rise." Ne'ebo did not immediately obey but gripped the blade and kissed it then Elias' royal ring then stood. "My King."

Elias smiled and sheathed his sword. "Very well. I cannot allow you two to be alone but...I will go blind momentarily. go to your man Fenice." Elias gently pushed Fenice into Ne'ebo's arms and a deep passionate kiss. After several moments Elias spoke up gently tugging his daughter away from her lover. "now I must send you both to your rooms. I want you two to wed but I must follow my word. Win the tournament for her hand Ne'ebo. I have no doubt you can and will. Now off to bed." he smiled as Ne'ebo gazed longingly at his daughter but then obeyed his king gathering his things from Mathilde and going off to is rooms, still changing to a different one as was usual.

Elias smiled at his daughter. "You know I had to my love. i-" An ungodly shriek broke the peace. Ne'ebo was shouting in rage and they all recognized Thismal's voice. "GUARDS!!" Ne'ebo was furious. When everyone arrived at the scene Ne'ebo was shaking in rage his real sword, sharp and deadly pointed right between Thismal's eyes. the woman was in thr room he was supposed to be sleeping in and fully nude. She has not a mark on her but Ne'ebo has a slash on his chest. Elias blinks. "Lord Ne'ebo what...?" Ne'ebo glared down his arm at Thismal. "This...thing waited until I came by the room and jumped out and clawed my chest and tried to climb on me saying something about needing me. " A guard speaks up. "The lady was trying to ..err." He glances at Fencie and Mathilde and blushes. "Go on young man." "yes Your Grace...well. she s trying to peel off his robes..Im not exactly sure what she was trying to accomplish as Lord Ne'ebo was very angry. She did not touch her but shook her off and drew his sword. She has not moved since." Elias nodded. "is this true Ne'ebo?" Ne'ebo nodded. "Thank you young man. And yes My King. this thing sought to undress me. I have not touched her but..." His eyes hold the cold killing death and for am moment none of the British understand then Mathilde spoke up. "is the wound burning?" Ne'ebo nodded. "She tried to poison me!!"

The Archbishop started to call for healers. "don't bother My Lord. She used the African night berry. Im immune to it's deadly affects." "How do you know?" Ne'ebo smirked. "My Lord I grew up eating those berries. We use them as medicine. Someone cover it up." A guard offered his cloak then put it around Thismal. Ne'ebo lowered his word then as one he, Elias, Mathilde, and the Archbishop turned to Fenice. "My Lady a woman in your castle has attacked the Lord High general. How do you wish to handle it. She has attempted murder and likely rape at the threat of death. Her fate is yours to decide." Elias waited after speaking. as the only living Royal female the ladies of the court were her responsibility and concern and it was her duty to decide the appropriate punishment and now Thismal has no more protection. Thismal glares at Fenice hating her more than ever. The guard is the only one looking at the lady his spear lowered toward her/

Still clenching the sword she was drug to the bathroom, her mind still so full of rage and triumph they fought one another for control. Fenice’s eyes went wide as tea saucers as she focused on the male in the tub. This close to his bare chest had her fingers itching to touch him. She’d have given anything to willingly allow Mathilde to step from the room and join him in the tub. Her breath caught in her throat and the look on Mathilde’s face told her she knew exactly what she was thinking. Eyes pleadingly turned Mathilde’s way when the male stretched. Fenice was slowly losing her true self to lust; it was no wonder the abominable lady wanted him.

Fenice watched him resting the point of the sword against the ground lightly, her hands clasped over the pommel. Biting the inside of her lower lip she stared at him, a moment before Mathilde nudged her into speaking. “You… all of you.” Fenice snarled the last bit, gaining her anger. She hadn’t noticed he’d moved closer until he spoke. Nodding her head absently she stared down into his green depths getting momentarily lost. She was drug from the room. “You’re welcome for the bath…”

“Honestly Fenice I’m not sure what has come over you. You have never been one to ogle and drool over a male, but that…. giving me the look. I won’t leave you in there with him no matter how bad you’d want me to. You’ll be married soon enough and then you’ll grow tired of that.” Mathilde said cleaning up the tea tray, she’d brought in earlier.

Fenice moved to place the sword back, but not before wiping it out toward the maid, “I challenge you… if I beat you, you leave me alone with him and swear to everyone you know not where we are. But if you beat me I will comply.” A small smile graced her lips as Mathilde glared at her. The princess knew she couldn’t win, but still it was rather fun. Narrowing her blue eyes she spun the other direction, pretending to topple the tray with the very tip of the sword, causing Mathilde to jump and a cup to crash upon the floor. Fenice put the sword back and helped gather the small bits.

“I prefer a lady to a knight your majesty,” Mathilde said before Ne’ebo made his appearance.

“Of course, I too am starving.” She slipped her arm through his and moved up a level and a few doors over to a small intimate room. Typically, Fenice and her father entertained privately here, with friends and guests alike. However, for the tournament they chose to eat with all. The table was not yet set though Ne’ebo and Fenice sat closest together, her on an end and he at her side. Fenice ate quietly under his watchful gaze. Mathilde sat and ate quietly beside Ne’ebo. Fenice loved this man and even just sitting in silence with him was enough to fuel her passion. The interruptions were expected by now and she sighed as his eyes closed.

When he stood, she did as well, her lips meeting his. Equally hungry, she pressed close to him, images from the tub burned on her brain. Sighing she slunk back into her chair and giving her plate a shove as she put her head in her hands. “I want him and I can’t handle all this…” She whispered to Mathilde. Shaking her head at the younger woman Mathilde began clearing the plates and serving coffee and cobbler. Fenice sat back, her hands shaking as she brought them to her lap as she listened through the open door to the confrontation in the hall.

Eyes wide she listened to her father. The words came over her, she couldn’t believe it. The man was in on it, sending the harpy after him. She rose shoving back her chair to stand in the doorway near the crack. Eyes wide she stared up at her father when he opened the door and grasped her hand. Laughing she joined him in his jubilation. Eyes sparkling she gazed upon Ne’ebo, wishing only to bring him in to their celebration. “Lord High… “ She whispered, it was a great honor and would keep him close while the tournament was still a while away. Fenice variably bounced at his side with contained excitement

At his permission she was in his arms, “Oh Ne’ebo…” she whispered. Her lips pressed to his, mouth open and body tight to his. Moaning within a moment she whimpered when her father pulled her away. Breathing heavily she stared up at the male she wanted more than the air she took into her lungs. Her eyes held his; she wished to follow to make him hers fully. She watched him walk away, her body trembling with unspent desire. Closing her eyes when her father spoke, she nodded her head. Yes, she understood but she didn’t want to.

Eyes flew open at the shout. She took off running not believing what she saw. Mathilde grips her, holding back the princess. If it weren’t for the rage building inside her, she’d have laughed at Ne’ebo’s antics and felt sorry for the woman. But the fact she glared at her with such hatred made her change her mind. “It seems we meet again, Harlot of Camelot. Your uncle has been banished from the land and was told to take the rubbish with him. It appears he forgot something.” Grasping the spear the tiny princess launched it into the wall so hard it bounced off and clattered to the floor sliding into the woman’s feet.

“I want you out of my kingdom and away from my future now. If I so much as spy you once more, I shall not be so kind. I hereby banish you from Camelot FOREVER Lady Adelaide Thismal. If you are to return it will be the punishment of death for you.” Stepping forward, eyes flashing she shoved the woman toward the guard and away from Ne’ebo. She stepped to him, “Are you alright?”

A commotion in the hall caught her attention. Grasping her father’s sword, she moved briskly from the room. The woman struggled in the arms of the guard guiding her out, “Release her now!”

The woman laughed as the guard stood back. That is until Fenice lifted the sword to her neck. She circled the woman who dropped the cloak from around her body and pressed forward. “Kill me,” She hissed.

Fenice raked the sword along her shoulder away from her neck. “You only hope I’ll kill you… filth such as you is beneath Me.” she pressed the sword against the woman’s shoulder. “OUT…. NOW!” Prodding her skin with the tip of the sword. She moved forward, the woman backed up before scurrying away. Hitting her rump with the broadside of the sword, she laughed. The guards saw her out.

Moving back into the room with Ne’ebo, she closed the door in their eager faces. Circling her arms about his neck, she pulled his face to hers. “I love you… I want you… now… please, I can’t wait any longer.” She pressed to him before stepping back, her hands moving to the bodice of her gown, seeking the ties which held it to her body. Her heart thundered in her chest and her loins ached as the dress fell to the stones, clad only in her camisole and pantalets she offered herself to him. Kissing his lips, she pressed closer, his name on her lips.

Ne'ebo watched laughing as fenice banished then chased Thismal out of the castle then gagged a bit as she tossed the sword aside and dragged him into the room. Her disrobing made him more aroused than anything else in his life but he groaned and gently cupped her cheek. "Forgive me my love but we cannot..we simply cannot.." His robes do little to hide his desire for her but slowly he masters himself. he sighs and kisses her deeply. "but we can spend a night together. Not making love but..." He guides her to the bed, the first he has laid on since arriving and lays down then pulls her onto his broad chest wrapping his arms around her covering them both with blankets.

He smiled down into her eyes his fingers stroking her cheek running through her hair and down her back. "Such beauty..and but for the rules of honor and royalty i would give you all of me but,..." he sighs as she knows even better than he the rules.

After such a long day they are both more tired than they thought and he strokes her spine soothingly and gently not taking his eyes off hers until they grew heavy and she was asleep on his chest. he yawned then and snuggled in a bit before drifting off himself.

When he woke still holding his Fenice Ne'ebo smiled and kissed her neck then saw the sunrising and sighed slipping free of her gently by laying her in the spot he had made quite warm then covered her up. He got ready for the day then found an orchid among his things and lay it under her hand after kissing her tenderly and stroking her cheek. "Fenice...my beautiful Princess..." He sighed and left to got o the final day before the joust. The free for all competition and the archery finals.

Ne'ebo went down to breakfast with is fellow knights with a spring i his step and light in his eyes. As he entered the tent though. "LORD HIGH GENERAL NE"EBO!!" rang out and he was swarmed. He was buried by sheer numbers of congratulations and back slapping everyone so thrilled to have such a man as their warleader.

Finally he managed to get them off him and found a table and ate a huge breakfast. today he was goign to show off his new weapons and the small quartestaff users group would be present. The weapon was slowly becoming more popular for knights and Ne'ebo was a fan himself though his weapon, a bo staff was longer and not as thick as most of the quarterstaffs, but would still be fun. Once done with breakfast he found a goof sturdy table and lay out is many weapons, including his bow and arrow and sat waiting his eyes on the dais for his great love.

Whimpering when he pulled back and cupped her cheek she fought the tears back. She didn’t understand. She’d felt his desire pressing into her soft skin the hardness of him exciting her more. Returning his kiss, she hopes this means he is reconsidering. “But…” She knew he would do nothing against his honor. His honor… she almost groaned as he guided her to the bed. Being pulled to his chest she settles against the warmth and surprising softness, she finds there. Sighing she smiled down at him softly, “I wish we were making love Ne’ebo… I desire you.” She sighed softly as he smiled back.

His fingers were gentle against her face, smoothing her hair and tracing along her spine. She shivered against him and sighed. She was raised upon the rules, were she to soil herself before marriage she could be disgraced, her title gone, given to the next closest to the crown. It was something she could not allow. She knew of loyalty and of honor, right now hating both.

Blinking away her tears she settles, hands splayed on the robes that keep his flesh from hers. Warmth from his body seeps in to hers and she is lulled to sleep.

She didn’t know when he slept or when he woke, only that he’d been there and now was gone. Mathilde sat in a chair at the side of the bed when she woke. Her body cold now. She’d smiled at him in her sleep when he stroked her cheek. Like always, he’d tainted her dreams. Feeling something foreign in her hand she gazed at it, eyes smiling she looked upon it before bring it to her nose to sniff and then rising to start her day.

Mathilde stripped the bed, seeing no sign of dishonor to the princess she sighed in relief. It was beneath her to ask such things but she would protect her in case of it. Watching the woman flit about and dress in one of the gowns she brought over the maid smiled at her as she tucked the flower into a plait she made of her own hair as she pinned it upon her head.

Noticing the maids eyes she smiled, “We only slept, he held me. I begged him but he would not break his code of honor. Father must be furious a my actions?” She questioned her eyes on the maid before they gathered her things and moved them back to her room. Opening the door there he was, her father, his eyes held nothing but love for her. “Good morning...”

“Yes indeed, I trust you slept well?” His eyes glanced to Mathilde and back to her.

“Of course,” She placed her arm through his after handing off her things to the maid.

“Good… good. Breakfast and we have a long day at the lists.” He said leading her to the hall.

Breakfast was a short affair, men milling about speaking of the new lord high General and praising the king for his decision. Some rehashed the day be fore’s events. They were dismissed with a smile. Fenice felt light and for once truly happy and able to show her joy. Her love of the knight was known and the lords were gone from their land. Some of Lady Thismal’s companions milled about but left their quiet conversations to themselves.

Trala and her parents met the king and daughter near the market on the way to the lists. The girls walked hand in hand while the king stepped back to watch them interact and talk quietly with his friend, the archbishop. It was common knowledge of the knight and princess being in love. But with tales running rampant about their being intimate, spread by the lords the men were on alert. It was false and a gentle exam could prove otherwise, though there was no need for that.

Fenice’s eyes lit up when she saw him across the field, watching for her. Trala waved before sitting. The stands were packed and the people were chatting softly. Elias commenced the games and the men were off, but Fenice only had eyes for one.

Surprisingly the rumors had evolved to less wicked ones. Ne'ebo's love for Fenice was well known but no one was spreading the tales of them being intimate. When Ne'ebo saw her his heart lifted and he waved backed at Trala making the girl giggle as he made silly faces at her.

First there was the round of archery. Ne'ebo, William, and Quentin all tied in this and were unable to best each other in the tiebreaker round so all three moved on. While those two rested Ne'ebo grabbed his foreign weapons and took them to the ring for the free for all. He had four matches in a row before his next archery round

The first he won by using his kamas stripping his opponent's weapon then, not using the blades, knocked his opponent senseless. Next he used his sai to trap his opponent to the ring floor and then sat on his chest and opened his visor laying a dagger tip to the man's cheek. "Do you give up?" the man had nodded and had been let up. Elias laughed as he knew Ne'ebo was just showing off because he was so excited and also showing his dominance of the other knights.

In his third match he brought out his tonfas and jumped, danced, and flipped all over the ring his twenty touches coming in seconds. The crowd was eagerly awaiting his next match in which he used a roped dart. He made it fairly sing. He seemed to dance around is opponent again as he sent it sailing into his opponent's face, body, and limbs again and again until he had nineteen touches and with a little flourish he wrapped the rope around the man's chest and dragged him to the ground. The other knights, even is opponents were laughing as he was not hurting any of them and he maintained his polite tradition of helping them up an d of course when he exited the ring all of them wanted to get weapons like his of their own. He acceded to their wishes giving the designs to the carpenters and blacksmiths getting them to work to making the weapons while he went to shoot.

It was a replica of the first round William, Quentin and Ne'ebo moving forward though this time Quentin complained, "Now i have to deal with two of you?" But he laughed and walked with the two young men to the ring for Ne'ebo's next four matches.

His fifth match he used a small dagger while his opponent used a huge broadsword. Ne'ebo ducked the sword slash held it at bay with the bale tripped his opponent catching the falling sword then placed it on one side of the man's neck as he lay the dagger on the other. "Give?" the man nodded and Ne'ebo helped him up both of them laughing as Ne'ebo explained how he had done it. the next match he used a bladed staff with what looked like a short version of his sword on the end. He made the weapon go everywhere and anywhere he wanted knocked his opponents weapon away slapped his body with the blade repeatedly until the twenty touches were complete.

In his next match he used a war blub which had a heavy head like a mace, a curved blade like a kama, and a dull point at the head. Ne'ebo just bashed his opponent's weapon and defenses aside with this pressing the point to his opponent's throat for the final touch. In his eighth match he produced his bo staff. He flourished it all over the ring kicking and dancing it along his body until his opponent fell to the ground dizzy from the speed of the weapon and the numerous strikes. He then went to shoot for the third round.

This round was yet again just a replay of the first two Quentin and William even playing about by splitting each other's arrows only for Ne'ebo to split both of those arrows making all three men laugh as the crowd cheered at the incredible marksmanship.

Ne'ebo finished the free-for-all with the bo staff tripping, sweeping and bashing his opponent's onto their backs then helping them up once he had won. Kay had been beaten by Ecton this time, Ecton using a massive staff tat had broken Kay's instantly. Ne'ebo beat Ecton yet again to get into the finals making everyone laugh as he had trapped one end of his bo under a boot, bent it hard then let it spring free smacking Ecton across the back knocking the bigger man down on his face. Once back up Ecton grunted laughing as Ne'ebo told him a joke that had the slow but happy mind of the larger man howling which bellowed out of his lungs and mouth.

The final match was actually rather anticlimactic as Ne'ebo had his twenty touches in no time though he also did pull a rather impressive move diving over his opponent, Boris, and planted his staff down the man's back effectively paralyzing him. Boris bellowed in anger but could not move until Ne'ebo pulled the staff away and then Boris began to laugh at it and the two went off tot he archery range arm in arm.

The final round was no different than the others. Ne'ebo William and Quentin were named champions of the day though William won Champion of the Bow for the week while Ne'ebo won Champion of the free fro all which he gave to Boris, and Champion of Arms for winning each event. All of them were presented to the royals. After everyone else went Ne'ebo took Fenice's hand stroking her palm with his fingers and kissed her hand tenderly his eyes glowing. The day ended a bite earlier than usual as the lists for the joust had to be prepared especially the many lances for each lanced, thousands of the things in a nearby warehouse and being prepared for the knights.

Ne'ebo is allowed to take Fenice to the castle and at this he smiles. "Did you enjoy yourself My Princess?"

Fenice smiled at the duos antics before situating herself to watch the matches. Archery was spectacular, all three men tying each round. The free-for all matches flying by, Ne’ebo toying with his opponents. The prize would be all his to do with as he wished. Today was the shortest round, it was always planned as such for a relaxing family night when everyone came together to decorate the many Christmas trees that were positioned throughout the castle, town and various houses. Most families decorated their own trees at home, while guests of the kingdom and visitors were invited to participate in the castle decorations.

Fenice and her father decorated their own in the private library and sitting room. The tree was smaller than the one that sat in the grand entrance but it was a private moment for the little royal family. Smiling at Ne’ebo, she knew that next year he’d be able to participate in their little tradition. However, this year he would not. Fenice and Elias rode about Camelot in a horse drawn carriage and placed a few ornaments on each tree, before returning and giving the festive dinner. Each serving the poor and helpless, side by side they passed out bowls of hearty stew and thick slices of bread.

A blessing was given and the court sat and ate with them. Fenice wondered if their land would have lords again. She thought of three that could step up into these positions. Sir Boris and his family would prosper in this role as well as Trala’s family. The silly girl had let it slip that she was to be a big sister, in speaking with her mother she knew they were struggling financially, lordship would bring money into their hands as well as status for Trala to be educated and receive a fine man in marriage. Thinking more she thought of Sir Kay and Sir William, they were loyal to Ne’ebo and would make good lords as well but being young, she wasn’t sure if it would be received well. Perhaps Ne’ebo or her father had other ideas.

Having been lost in her thoughts she barely realized when the match was over and she sat on her throne in a daze. Biting her lip, she smiled and stood moving toward Ne’ebo, heart light and a wide smile in place on her lips. People were leaving the lists and milling about before heading out again. Fenice smiled up at Ne’ebo, her hand tingling where her lips had been. “Yes, of course my Knight.” she whispered before smiling up at him gently. “The job of a royal is never done and today is no exception. I am thinking about new lords for the kingdom. That and I have to prepare for the evening’s festivities…” Filling him in on the details as they walked she parted ways when they arrived at the castle.

“Will the people’s knight be coming with us to the decorating and dinner; I know Mathilde and the Archbishop are…” Giving him a happy kiss, she was drug away by Mathilde waving back at him. Her hair was pulled down and she was placed under layers of fabric. Soft layers of undergarments were added under long layers of warmth. A thick green tapestry dress was placed on her frame before adding a fur cape of the softest grey and white rabbit. Thick soled leather boots were tied to her feet before her long hair was secured around a tiara of gold, befitting of her status. Curls of hair were arranged on her head and organized to hang down her back and over her shoulders.

Fenice cried when her father bestowed upon her, her mother’s necklace for the occasion. A heavy emerald gem hung from a few gold strands. The bauble had been hidden by him years ago on her passing. For fear of the lords selling it off in their greed he had given it to the archbishop, the same that wisely brought it with him this visit. Hugging her father close he whispered in her ear, “Each day you grow and learn, becoming more beautiful and lovely. I am proud to call you my daughter and SHE would be proud of you as well.”

“Thank you father.” Taking his hand she moved through the castle and out to the courtyard where the sled awaited them. Six large plow horses were tethered to the sled with a decked out driver. They had passed several rooms with servants joyfully preparing, setting out trees and boxes of ornaments for the decorating to take place later on. Crates of ornaments were strapped on the back slats of the sled, trinkets for the trees that the royal family placed on the trees, something she and her father had poured over in design, something easy to commission. This year it was whittled English roses, a delicate flower that they likened to Fenice and her mother.

Turning she smiled as Ne’ebo helped her up into the sled and took a seat next to her. Thick blankets covered their laps and warming stones kept their feet from being chilled. The archbishop helped a decked out Mathilde into the sled before hoping in as well. The group was off, snowy landscape passing them; there wasn’t much time to talk as they glided over the land to their first destination. Stepping from the sled Ne’ebo’s large hand fit perfectly about her waist, causing her to blush as he lifted her off. The crate was pried open and the roses were then hung upon the tree along with the ones the families gathered had made or bought. Strings of popcorn and delicate paper ornaments with wax stick drawings or printed names in flowy script.

The archbishop said a small prayer of blessing and the group was off again. Repeating the act, possibly with the addition of warm spiced cider or ale, sometimes even fresh bread or a pastry. Each time was the same but the act of kindness was something King Elias had instilled in his command, it wasn’t’ a chore or a duty but looked upon as something they wanted to do, something they enjoyed being a part of. The tree at the castle was the last and the easiest since so many had gathered from all over, many of the knights and their families and then some from the surrounding villages and cities. This was while the final touches were being put on the meal that the royals and any others that wished to, would serve to the people of Camelot. The entire hall would be filled to capacity. Extra tables were brought in and placed in the hallways as well. It was a splendid time that was joyful and meant to be a blessing.

Ne'ebo had watched Fenice go with something like a whimper though his little friend Trala had come to his rescue. She would be attending the royal feats with her parents so she clambered up the throne leaned up, her tiny hands resting on his chest and kissed Ne'ebo cheek saying. "You did good. Now go get ready!" Se giggled as he picked her up and tossed her, laughing, to her surprised but pleased father who caught her easily only a few feet away. Ne'ebo walked them home then went to his own preparations.

He bathed himself carefully, especially the small wound on his chest from Thismal's nails that was already healing rapidly. He put on a clean pair of white leggings and and a matching tunic, then white robes over all of all, the white pure as snow. he wore his war swords, very old and beautiful friends with decorative effects on the hilts and sheaths the blades etched with beautiful artwork. He even managed to find white leather boots and now prepared eh went to join Fenice and the others for the ride around the land.

Helping her in and out of the sled, and sitting next to her, his hand slipping into hers whenever possible, Ne'ebo was not sure how he could be happier until they were wed. He had seen many Christmas celebrations but this was the first time he truly felt part of it and when Elias had teased him, "What gift would you like Ne'ebo?" Ne'ebo had looked into Fenice's eyes. "i have been given the greatest gift I could ever receive Your Grace..." The moment did not break until they came to a stop before the castle and Elias coughed. "Alise. The tree." Ne'ebo sighed happily and helped her down to work on the big tree which would stand until the end of the year. When the decorations are done, Ne'ebo often seen holdign Trala up to hang an ornament here or there, and after Elias has carefully lay the star on the top, an ornament of the throne itself, crafted by Merlin himself they say, and the Archbishop says his final blessing the feast is prepared.

Trala, looking lovely in a dress matching the Princess' while her mother and father look resplendent, her in a gold gown that matches his ceremonial armor, walks beside Fenice with Ne'ebo behind them his hands resting on the hilts of his swords which lay on both hips. Elias surprised him with the chain and amulet, and signet ring of the Lord High general before the ride and though he seemed to think they were too much Ne'ebo was very grateful and wore them proudly but not arrogantly. he helped Fenice then Trala sit and once the King rose to make his toast Ne'ebo was the first to rise. "A Happy Christmas to you all. May the Lord bless and keep you all and may his love only grow. Welcome and enjoy yourselves my people." They all saluted him and the feast began. Ne'ebo rather liked that Elias did not make long speeches nor did he allow them to interrupt the meal and told him so. Elias laughed. "Ne'ebo my friend i must admit i do it for selfish reasons. I'm hungry!!" Those that heard laughed including Ne'ebo and Trala. The little girl kept nudging and teasing Ne'ebo whenever he would lose all track of time and the world around him his eyes locking on Fenice and his whole being seeming to pour into his gaze his eyes glowing with his love and desire for her.

He did manage to converse with his fellow knights but he refused to discuss his duties or plans as lord High general during the feast saying. "it is not the time or place for such discussions."and the knights were forced to accept though they did so willingly too happy to be with their families and friends. The group was entertained by several bards who were playing in tandem and singing the same songs and tales but softly as tonight's feast was about communion with one another . When it grew late many departed for their rooms thanking the King and Princess, including Trala's parents, the little girl already asleep in her chair. When everyone had left Elias and the others discreetly moved away as Ne'ebo took Fenice's hand and with a whispered, "Follow me My Princess." lead her into the garden where soft fat snow flakes fell into his hair a she lead her along. They were not alone but he did not care as he cupped her face said, "Bless me father for giving me such a one to love and to love me in return." and kissed her.

The kiss was deep and passionate his lips hot his body the same beneath her the steel of him seeming almost to glow as he held her close their lips growing closer and closer to the breaking point when a loud crash startled then both and unconsciously he moved his body between her and the crash. he lead her back inside and saw what had happened and sighed laughing unable to help himself.

The pages and other servers had been perfect during the feast and had not many any ruckus or issue though more by luck than skill as there had been many close calls. Now in the middle of cleaning up the tables they had been more careful as there were so many of them moving about.King Elias, in addition to being a great Knight, had a passion and skill for hunting and as such had a number of gorgeous hunting dogs of all breeds. They were kept into the castle to stay warm but they were usually caged unless one was with Elias though he had rarely done so as of late. tonight however eh had gun to see his dogs and they had been ecstatic to see their beloved master. Elias had trained them himself and knew them better than any. So he had feed them and petted them and loved them especially a Great Dane named Hax old and nearly toothless but well loved who had been a gift from his wife. Upon his leaving them they had howled then lay down to sleep.

But Tywin and Tyrion had other ideas. They snuck into the dog's chamber and opened their cages then left the door open. The dogs had resisted quite well but finally they had ventured out to see what they could find, having rarely if ever been allowed out as group like this except to hunt. O seeing the food on the tables, much of which was being given to the poor, they had rushed the tables like an invading army resulting int eh loud crash that had broken Ne'ebo and Fenice's tender embrace. Now the dogs were gorging themselves on the fine meal while the pages tried to round them up. None was so foolish as to strike or try to injure the dogs, their ownership well known but the poor lads were in a state trying to think of something. Ne'ebo was laughing so hard to see the dogs ignoring the young men pleading with them to stop, having also seen Tywin and Tyrion giggling in a doorway, that he had slid down a wall to sit on a fallen barrel his swords pressing into his sides while he roared with mirth. He laughed still harder at a pair of yelps. Not from the dogs but from Tywin and Tyrion.

Elias had come down to investigate as well but he happened to come in behind his nephews and deducing the cause of the situation and their part in it correctly he reached forward and grabbed hold of an ear on both young men twisting roughly. They howled in pain as he dragged the m out into the room. the pages and the other servants froze staring at the King bur Ne'ebo still just roared with laughter unable to stop himself while each boy clung to their uncle's hands begging for release. Elias had lost none of his mighty strength and though many did not realize it he still had one of the most powerful bodies in his kingdom, evidenced by how easily he was holding both boys up by their tender handles. "DOGS!" he boomed and the dogs all froze then lined up not even licking their chops. he glared at them for a moment. "Go to bed." The dogs flew off the sound of nails clicking the only sound until some wise servant slammed their cage doors behind them then the door to their chamber. Elias shook both boys. "Well my boys you have caused quite a mess. "but Uncle we-" "Hush. I know it was you. You will clean this mess. And you are not to eat a bite. I will watch." he released them and they got to work though they rubbed their red swollen ears painfully. Through it all Ne'ebo simply bellowed laughter tears of mirth streaming from his eyes. Even when Elias approached and looked down at him then at Fenice. "Was it really that funny?"

Finally Ne'ebo contained himself and shook his head. "Actually no your Grace but I have not truly laughed in some while and it all just..." he giggles a bit but manages to `restrain it. "It was very funny Your Grace." he smiled his eyes glowing with delight. Elias chuckle.d "i suppose it was. Though they did interrupt your walk..." Ne'ebo blinked and looked at Fenice. "i am sorry My Princess..I..." he grins sheepishly. "I regret that out walk was interrupted but.." He gestures at the mess and the poor servants and of course the grumbling twins who are cleaning up. While he speaks the bell tolls twelve and the King sighs. "Well perhaps it was all for the good. you both need to be heading to bed. The Joust begins tomorrow."

Ne'ebo nodded and bowed to the King then took Fenice's arm and lead her to her rooms. "you look so beautiful in that dress my love. If only..but we must abide by the laws of the land." he kissed her deeply and yet again it deepened until it neared the breaking point but this time Mathilde broke the spell by coughing loudly making them both jump. Ne'ebo smiled stroking Fenice's cheek and went off to his usual night's routine and less than ten minutes after leaving Fenice he was asleep and dreaming of her.

The tree was lovely, she took turns staring up at him and staring up at it. Her hand finding its way in his each time they had a chance. Her heart felt it would burst, she couldn’t wait until spring. In spring, they would be married and free to express their love. Her body yearned for his and if they were married, she imagined she’d have already drug him off several times to make love before returning to their guests. Her cheeks burned with the thought, the star on the top a rich reminder of where they had come from and where they were likely to go.

The food was delicious as always but she merely picked at the food, eyes locking on Ne’ebo’s for most of the dinner. The only reprieve was Trala, continuing to wiggle and elbow Ne’ebo. However, were it not for the child she would have drug him under the table and had her way with him. She wouldn’t have known where to begin but it would be fun to figure it out. Sipping at her goblet, she attempted to cool her thoughts and mind of the images that were burned there. The tales of the bards were blurred and she ignored them simply because she’d grown up hearing the tales repeatedly. It was part of her schooling as well as her history, so the stories were memorized, same as her children.

She was off in a daze when her hand was grasped; soft words tickled her mind and the fine hair on her neck. She waved to Trala’s parents and sighed walking into the snow with her love. Large snowflakes fell, too which Fenice stuck her tongue out and caught a few on the tip. Turning to him, she smiled and shivered as his fingers drug along her jaw. His words caused her breasts to puff out and press to him before her entire body melted to his. Knees going weak she pressed forward to him, hungrily kissing the male she loved. One step away from stripping down to bare and laying herself on display upon her fur cape. Moaning she lifted to her toes, hands wrapped to his shoulders pulling him down upon her lips.

“I need you…. pl…” She whispered against his lips before being interrupted. She jumped into him, a small shriek leaving her lips. Lifting her skirts, she moved back into the castle, the mood shattered by the foolishness of her cousins. Anger burned through her stronger than the heat that lay just beneath the surface. The laughter of his was contagious, soon tears of laughter slid down her cheeks. Her arm stayed wrapped about his as they stood along the edge of the hall and laughed.

Smiling up at her father, she nodded her head agreeing with Ne’ebo. The interruption was brought to the forefront again. It wasn’t fair. They had needs and desires. She said nothing as he guided her through the halls and back toward her room. She melted into the emotion she felt for him being poured from her lips and into his. Heart thundering behind her breast as she held to him. The cough caused her to whimper once more before gazing up into his green eyes. “You don’t have to go…” Her voice was a whisper, last night was a fluke and he couldn’t stay with her again. She knew his willpower was fading and she wasn’t strong enough to turn him away, not when she wanted him as badly as she did.

Slamming the door, she screamed in frustration as she undressed. Layer after layer falling away from her flesh before she sunk into her tub. Her screams from beneath the water caused her maid to laugh. Growling she rose to the surface to hear it, “It’s not funny Mathilde. I am a woman and I have needs and urges and… and desires.”

“It is funny, especially when her grace pouts and acts like a child though stating that she is indeed a woman.” Mathilde dumped the cold water from the wash table on her head. “You wouldn’t know what to do with that man if he offered.” She laughed again, “I bet the archbishop that you will run away on your wedding night, for sheer fright of the things he will want to do to you.”

Mouth open she stared up at her maid from her seated position, “How dare you…. I … but… no!” She stuttered and sputtered through her words. The princess dove beneath the water once more trying to avoid the cold water. Perhaps she was right. glaring at her from the far side of the tub after that she sighed and got to work washing the days grime from her skin. “If he offered I would figure it out…” She countered. Her maids laugh caused her to huff and begin scrubbing herself with the soft bar of soap.

Hours later, she lay awake listening for any sign of life, Mathilde had gone and the fire was low on the hearth. The castle was deadly silent, even her cousins had gone to bed by now. She tossed back the covers and shivered. If she hurried, she could be curled against his side and smiling up at him when he awoke. Blinking into the dark, she sighed and shoved her robe back to the chair at her bedside before slipping back into her own bed. All she could think of was Lady Thismal, bare and shivering in his presence, swords pressed to her head, she couldn’t begin to imagine herself in that same predicament.

She drifted off a while later, tossing and turning for most of the night. Fenice woke beneath the covers with her gown shoved up above her waist; the blankets were twisted around a leg and about her bare middle. Rounded derriere in the air she felt the coldness seeping in beneath her panties. Sighing she untangled herself and straightened her blankets, the sun wasn’t yet up and she easily fell back to sleep.

While Fenice and Mathilde argued and then Fenice tossed and turned Ne'ebo slept peacefully. He dreamed of Fenice and his life with her but he had learned many many years ago to sleep deep and fully no matter what was going on able to do this because he was such a light sleeper.

At dawn he awoke and dressed himself in full armor again then went down to the lists.The first five days would hold the elimination rounds with the championship rounds on the sixth and final day. With three hundred and ten knights vying for the title this would be tough but Ne'ebo was confident as were many others. He mounted his massive warhorse after checking his armor, and Fenice's favor on his helm, then nodding to the dais he gripped the lance excitedly as this would be his first time jousting.

Elias had decided to forgo the usual ceremonies and formality that came with some jousts as the tedium would have bored the crowd beyond words. He marveled when Ne'ebo simply strode up to his horse lifted a foot and swung into the saddle gripping is lance easily while his opponent needed to be raised by a pulley system and lowered into the saddle. He was concerned as Ne'ebo armor was not as padded as as rigid as English armor but Ne'ebo had assured him it would do well. Trala gripped Fenice's hand concerned then screamed as the joust began and Ne'ebo just sat his horse at the end of the list and allowed his opponent to smash him with his lance the splinters flying everywhere. Ne'ebo rocked back but waved away the attendants laughing.

The next charge Ne'ebo rode out to meet his opponent and once again he made the crowd stare in shock. He released his horse's reins slapped away his opponent's lance and drove his own lance into the man's chest so hard that he was body lifted from the saddle plummeting to the ground with a crash. The crowd cheered as Ne'ebo had won so easily many having been concerned after the first lance of the match. Ne'ebo dismounted while the splinters were removed and the next pair came up. He helped the staggered man over to the dais as Elias was motioning them over.

Elias asked the burning question. "Why did you let hims trike you if you could deflect it Ne'ebo?" Ne'ebo grinned his eyes glowing at the royals as he winked at Fenice. "Simple. i wanted to know if i could take the hit. Didn't feel a thing." His armor was completely undamaged while his opponent's was nearly destroyed. Ne'ebo looked at him and winced. "Allow me to pay for your new armor sir?" The man took off his helm. "No no..It's fine." His eyes were still a bit glazed and he looked up at the king as Ne'ebo went off to speak with William and Kay who were motioning him over.

The man, Sir Charles groaned rubbing his chest. "Your Grace I have never been hit so hard. not even by you. It's like being kicked by a horse...or perhaps an elephant." he leaned down and cough and a bit of blood come up with it. "I'm grateful he didn't hit my heat. I'd likely be dead." Elias stared at Charles. "Are you alright?" Charles nodded spitting a bit more and it came up clear. "Yes sire...I'm actually glad its over..I'd hate to face him later..and i hope no one gets him angry...." Elias nodded as Charles staggered away.

The other knights were much more of the traditionalist style charging each other breaking their lances more often than not though occasionally a lance would make contact and not snap. The splinters from head, chest, and even lance on lance strikes soon plied several feet high and though most matches went quickly there were quite a few lengthy ones, especially between Quentin and William as they kept tying until Quentin manged to unhorse William. Everyone laughed as Quentin said, "Finally I beat you at something." Kay ended up facing Craret and bested him him by only two points and the two went off arm in arm laughing.

Twyiin and Tyrion were the hit of the day though. They unhorsed each other twice so Elias had them ride one more time. This time they surprised everyone by dropping their lances and going for each other with their fists though Tyrion was just barely the quicker knocking his brother from the saddle. Everyone howled with laughter as The other knights dragged the siblings apart, Tywin having dragged his celebrating brother to the ground and proceeding to wail on him brutally.

Soon it is dark and the end of the first half of the first round and thusly once more Ne'ebo mounts the Dais to escort his lady to the castle for dinner. During dinner everyone praise shim on his performance though he is humble as ever lavishing praise on Kay and Boris, both of whom did very well much to Kay's lady Minerva's pleasure as well as Olga, Boris's wife's.

After dinner Ne'ebo starts to go speak to Fenice when a new arrival intervenes. "FENICE!!" A small young woman with thick bushy red hair and the thickest Irish accent rushes to Fenice's side and hugs her. it is Princess Ywen, the Irish king's eldest daughter and an old friend of Fenic's. She drags her off to Fenice's room to tell her everything about the time since they last saw each other when both were not even teenagers yet. Ne'ebo smiles and blows Fenice a kiss as she is dragged away and goes off to the library with Elias.

The two men play chess, chat with the Archbishop, and make plans for some hours then Ne'ebo goes off to bed taking Elias's advice. "Don't even try to interrupt Ywen. She'll curse you up one side and down the other then try to stab you." Ne'ebo sighs but smiles having slid a note to Fenice under her door as he passed to his room and soon, once again switching to another, the apartments for the Lord High general still being prepared, he is asleep and dreaming of his Princess.

Mathilde roused the sleeping princess and helped her dress. The day was slow moving and Fenice wasn’t feeling like herself. She trudged through the castle slowly, the interruption of the night before had caused her to realize she and Ne’ebo should spend less time alone as something could easily go wrong. If she lost her head and disgraced him, she’d never forgive her self. As understanding as her father was, this was something that was out of his hands and written in their laws. She suspected the lords had it put in there years ago hoping a royal would mess up and they would be able to step up and claim the throne for themselves.

Fenice would make it a point to talk to Ne’ebo about this and ease away from the alone time she wanted. Playing chess or reading together would be just as fun as kissing. She tried convincing herself of this but failed miserably. Breakfast was a quick fare and soon she and her father were moving amongst the crowds to the lists. A simple nod of his head was all it took for the games to begin. Eyes wide she watched as the lance hit his chest and shattered.

Ne’ebo simply smiled and waved off any assistance. The next go brought the opponent to the ground and Ne’ebo successful. She wasn’t sure why he’d done it either, the answer made her laugh. His wink causing her to blush. She watched him go smiling widely. The other knight’s complaint was warranted, Fenice imaged his hits could be as hard as what she imagined an elephants to be. The comparison made her laugh and agree. She too was grateful his hit didn’t strike the man’s head. She’d seen him angry, they all had and it was frightening.

The matches weren’t as interesting as the rest of the week had been so Fenice was quite bored. Coupling boredom with the lack of sleep, she’d had the night before the girl yawned and watched the matches pass before her eyes. Trala was bored as well and began chatting and talking with the princess telling her many things. The girls gathered around only paying attention when their men were up.

The fight between her cousins caused a bit of a stir and a moment of relief for the bored women. The dark is welcomed and all couples move toward the castle for dinner, Fenice is quiet waiting to speak her thoughts when they are alone. She knows bringing up the new lords would be imperative to their success as a kingdom. Giving his hand a gentle squeeze, she releases it and slips into her seat.

“Ywen!” she said jumping up to her feet and hugging back the woman. Glancing to Ne’ebo, she smiled and blew her own kiss before being drug off to her room for a chat. It had been a very long time since the duo had seen each other for more than a day or two. Fenice doesn’t notice the letter slid under her door, Mathilde having heard the news glides into the room to see to the needs of the duo. Finding the note she pockets it to keep it private for Fenice when she has a moment. The note forgotten as the duo talks long into the night. Ne’ebo is gone over briefly, no details given, as Fenice prefers to keep her emotions to herself.

Finally tired the duo drops off and Mathilde retires to her own room after settling the visiting princess into her own room for the evening. The letter is placed on her vanity stand to read in the morning. Mathilde was curious but didn’t read the letter no matter how much it ate at her.

Fenice woke up, bathed and dressed before taking breakfast in her sitting room with Ywen. She’d read her letter blushing at his beautiful words. She tucked the letter in a drawer of her desk before joining the other girl for breakfast. It was a delight but she missed Ne’ebo’s company the night before and craved a soft kiss goodnight.

They walked to the lists, stopping to gather Trala; her mother was feeling ill so they took her alone with her father to the joust. Fenice was excited to show off Ne’ebo but hoped that Ywen wouldn’t try competing for his affection. “Princess, where is Ne’ebo? Has he met your friend yet?” Trala asked her softly, hanging from the fingers of both girls.

Fenice blushed, “Well no, Ywen came in at the end of dinner and Ne’ebo was across the room with the others. He’ll be competing today and she will meet him later at dinner.”

“Why Fenice… do you fancy this Ne’ebo fellow? Look at you blushing!” The Irish lass giggled climbing to the top of the raised dais with the others.

“They are in love and are going to be married after he wins the tournament for her hand. Their babies will be lovely and strong and kind and I will be their friend.” The child stated dreamily staring out over the men gathered. Jumping excitedly, she waved at him and laughed loudly. “There he is… Ne’ebo. Isn’t he just amazing!”

While Trala loyally defended her friend and Ywen teasing her's Ne'ebo was lounging by the list. Even he was not immune to the boredom that the joust provided and today he had no match. He was not allowed on the dais though as officially he had to be ready to ride at anytime. The joust had seemed interesting but he officially was bored by it. It was only thrilling when competing. even watching it was little more than tedious.

Throughout the especially dull day in which he and his fellows had played cards and made bets on the joust doing everything they could think of to stay awake as sleeping would be a sign of disrespect. Ne'ebo, William, Quentin and Kay, as well as a number of others, had slipped off to practice with their other weapons, the three archers teaching archery and Ne'ebo demonstrating a number of his new weapons. Finally the day ended and they went in for dinner.

Ywen and Fenice were still catching up but Ne'ebo got his Princess alone and kissed her passionately and agreed with her plan wholeheartedly. Once she went off with her friend he went to play chess with Elias and a few of the knights they were sounding out for lordship.

The next three days were the same routine. inexpressible boredom during the day except a few key moments of impressive skill or just amazing occurrences all around.

On the third day of the joust Ne'ebo simply threw his lance, like a spear, at his opponent knocking both man and horse tot he ground winning his match just that easily and quickly. Kay, Tyrion, Quentin, Ecton and Uramet went on to the next day.

Again that night after dinner Ne'ebo got Fenice alone for a kiss then escorted her to the library to a game of chess while Ywen questioned him about his life. He smiled explaining the things that Fenice already knew. Ywen made him promise to tell her more the next night and though he wished some time with Fenice lone even if they were just playing chess or reading he did promise. He kissed Fenice goodnight and was off to bed.

The fourth day of the joust was another day of immense. Quentin was pushed out as was Ecton by Uramet. Ne'ebo was so bored that he let his opponent strike him and as he rocked back he swung his lance about striking the man round the had knocking him from the saddle. The man had complained but Ne'ebo had legally done nothing wrong and as he was the only one who had the strength agility and endurance to pull off the attack Elias let it go. Elias was surprised at how bored even he was but then he recalled when he still jousted. It was hours of tension a few minutes of joy then more hours of tedious tension.

That night after dinner Ywen continue to question Ne'ebo. He had three sisters he had never met. He had never been in love. He had no children. And on and on. Nothing really new. Ywen kept trying to find some deep dark secret but Ne'ebo was so open and careful that he could report his entire life honestly and did. He had nothing more to reveal to his love. Ywen grew annoyed and after Ne'ebo kissed Fenice good night she snarled. "You would pick such a boring man to fall in love with!!"

The final day before the championships was just as dull. Elias actually fell asleep until Trala nudged him. "Ne'ebo is coming up." Ne'ebo drew Uramet and today was their first meeting. Uramet was built much like Ne'ebo and many said they hit and rode similarly. This was the first match that truly got people's attention. the two great bulls charged together but Uramet learned to is cost why Ne'ebo had the great reputation he had earned. Uramet had accidentally shifted his lance at the last moment aiming it at Ne'ebo horse's face. Everyone saw him trying to prevent the fatal mistake but he was too slow. Not so Ne'ebo." Ne'ebo whipped his horse's head around and kicked the lance up making it smash full into his face knocking him nearly off his saddle. He flopped on his horse's neck for a moment while everyone watched in silent horror. Uramet was the first to reach Ne'ebo, while everyone other knight and attendant rushed him. Splinters were all over Ne'ebo's armor but before Uramet could touch him he sat up and removed the helm and the ruined mask groaning.

They all asked if he was alright and he nodded pulling splinters out of his armor and hair, wiping his broken nose and cut lips carefully the mask having crushed in on both his nose and mouth. Elias, carefully restraining Fenice, called out. "Lord Ne'ebo are you able to continue?"

Ne'ebo nodded and took his place after assuring all he was well demanding a good ride from Uramet. He went without his helm or mask though he tied Fenice's favor to his wrist before riding out. he ducked Uramet's lance which had been aimed at his chest and struck Uramet full in the face with his own lance as it had dragged up from his chest exploding as it contacted the helm. Uramet rolled off the back of his horse and landed with a painful whump.

After helping Uramet up Ne'bo went to the dais kissed Fenice's hand and sighed i relief as he and the other seven in the championship round were announced. Kay and Boris had made it but everyone else were older champions or rookies. Dinner was a much more pelasant affair as everyone was excited for the final day of the event and in two days it would be Christmas.

After dinner Ne'ebo took Fenice to the library for their chess game and teased her. "Well my love what would you like for Christmas?" Ywn had been distracted by a very handsome knight from her homeland.

Fenice smiled down at the little girl proudly defending and declaring their love for one another. Ywen didn’t doubt that her friend was in love with the male. It was clear to her from the way her gaze lingered and always seemed to find the male. It was rather endearing and the woman was glad her friend had found someone. The matches were boring; Ne’ebo didn’t have a match and snuck off for a lot of the time.

She was glad when he was able to escort her and Ywen to dinner, Trala perched upon his broad shoulders. Ywen sat at the table with the royal family, gabbing about her family back home. She found herself swept away in his arms after a few minutes in the hall; she’d sent Ywen on ahead. Before his lips met hers she pulled back and gazed into his eyes, “I don’t want to hurt your honor nor do I want to disgrace you or myself. I will try not to tempt you…” She smiled up at him when he agreed, her lips meeting with his in a sweet kiss. The passion was there but she didn’t move forward and against him. Only her hands slid along his broad shoulders before she broke away and ran after Ywen.

Each day was the same, men riding and lances splintering. It wasn’t as though she had to be there, in fact she wasn’t she and Ywen stayed up so late talking Mathilde let them sleep in and it wasn’t until close to dinner did they make an appearance. However, Ywen made a deal to get to know Ne’ebo. Fenice wasn’t sure if this was a good or bad idea.

His lips met hers sweetly in the hall on the way towards the library. She wished to press against him but fought the urge. The game of chess was quick and nothing he’d said was something she hadn’t already heard. Her eyes danced with merriment as he walked them to their rooms, as soon as the door to Ywen’s room closed they were kissing goodnight. She tried not melting or moaning but it was hard, “I love you, sleep well my knight.”

Each day was harder to pay attention; the joust held no interest and it wasn’t just for her. Even her father and the archbishop failed to be impressed. Excitement struck during Ne’ebo’s match but it was only a tease, the rest was incredibly boring and everyone was cheering when the day was over, simply because they were one day closer to the finals.

Ywen waited in her room for her, Fenice laughed hearing what the woman stated. “He is not boring Ywen, he’s amazing.” She clenched her hands to her breasts and smiled at her dreamily. “I can’t wait to marry him and bear him children.” She sighed looking off into space.

“I can see what you are thrilled about, the bedding and not a thing more. He is huge; I can’t imaging giving birth to anything as large as he is. Ouch!” Ywen said poking at her friends arm.

“Shush,” she shook her head. “That is not why and the body is made to give birth.” She swallowed hard and gave it some thought. Now she was scared, but not enough to deny him fully. He would be her husband and everything would be fine. She hoped.

Fenice came late to the dais, having rested in her bed, she wasn’t feeling well and though it was something she dealt with regularly, she hated feeling weak. Thankfully, there was not much left in her week and by the time the Christmas ball came about she’d be feeling much more herself. Weeping the night before praying she could handle giving life to his children, she sat upon her throne on the dais in a daze. She watched Ne’ebo move into position with a soft sigh.

The crowd was silent as the massive men lined up their rides and took positions. They were off, everything happened in slow motion. The silence struck again when Ne’ebo was struck. Fenice was on her feet screaming his name, “NE’EBO!” She scrambled to the edge of the dais and attempting to jump off as her father caught her dragging her to him in order to comfort his daughter. Tears streamed down her face, raw emotion coursed through her veins as she sobbed into her father’s shirt.

Trala hugged herself to Elias and Fenice as the men attended to Ne’ebo. Ywen stood back watching, worrying her lower lip. The called out question from King Elias caused Fenice to glance up from her spot of hiding, slim fingers lifting to wipe the hair from her face. Her father did not intend to let her go, though she struggled to get to her love.

She’d not heard him speak but saw the nod, still she refused to sit and stood at the edge of the dais until the match was over and he strode forward. Her hand, where he kissed had a trace amount of blood. She lifted a hand and caressed his face gently. “You worry your princess my knight… I’m not sure what I would do if something happened to you.” Her voice was quiet.

Dinner was an easy affair and Fenice was glad for the silence as Ywen had been off with a knight from her own home. Glad for getting some time alone she sat across from Ne’ebo in the library, a chess board between them, though her concentration was not on the game. Staring at him she smiled, “I have everything I need before me, my love.” It was true she had no need for anything. “I have you my love, my family is debt free and the lords are banished. Did I mention I found you, or rather you found me?”

She smiled up at him; hands reached out and touched his face tenderly. “I love you, you are all I have need for…” she swallowed hard. Fenice hadn’t meant it as she stated, well she did but didn’t. She moved from her spot and pulled him to his feet. “Come; hold me by the fire while I read.” She moved to the couch, grasped the book from the stand before sitting on one of the cushions and smiled up at him.

"Of course my love." He settled in with her by the fire and held her close his fatigue from lack of action the past several days making him rather tired and before long he was asleep wrapped around her wrapped in the thick gorgeous bear skin rug beneath them.

He stayed wrapped over her sleeping more deeply than usual the billowing flames in the fireplace doing much to keep him asleep. Mathilde peeked in on them both and smiled locking the door so none of the servants could peek in.

Ne'ebo woke the next morning and smiled seeing her atop his chest and kissed the top of her head and gently rolled her off him onto the rug which he carefully wrapped her in. He kissed her tenderly stroking her cheek then went off to the lists and his breakfast.

Mathilde came in as he was leaving and shook her Mistress. "Come on. awake my child. Your man is set to win the whole tournament today."

When everyone, Fenice and Ywen included, were present the finals of the singles portion of the tournament began.

Ne'ebo had the first match of the day against a rookie named Sir Romulus. The poor fellow was in a terror but he managed to squash his fear long enough to run into Ne'ebo unbroken lance and be thrown off his horse. The next match was between two old champions, Sir Filmon and Sir Cadogen. It was a very very close match but eventually Sir Filmon manged to somehow to not break Sir Cadogen's lance while his smashed to bits giving him the point. Sir Kay beat sir Marn by unhorsing him just as Sir Boris bested Sir Weilo.

Sir Filmon had once gone four years without a single defeat and despite Ne'ebo's display of skill and strength so far he assured everyone he could best the much younger knight. As their horses came together he went for Ne'ebo's head. Ne'ebo saw this and dodged though the tip clipped his helm, his mask replaced, while Ne'ebo punched his lance out into Filmon's chest pitching the older man out of the saddle. Kay and Boris's match was an unusual affair. Kay and Boris both rode on past the hits until simultaneously they fell out of the saddle landing at the same time. They were rehorsed and once ready they went to ride again. This time they broke their lances tip to tip twice in a row. Everyone was staring now. This rarely happened and twice in a row was entirely unheard of. They came together a fourth time and this time Boris struck first landing his blow on Kay's chest and toppling him while Kay's blow struck a glancing hit off Boris' shoulder.

Ne'ebo and Boris' match was actually rather anticlimactic. The two rode together breaking their lances on each other's chests then on the second ride they thundered at each other but while Boris aimed for Ne'ebo's face hoping to topple the giant but Ne'ebo slid his lance under Boris' and struck his face first and throwing Boris and his horse to the ground through the railing though neither was hurt. And just that quickly the tournament was over. Ne'ebo helped Boris up and the two separated going back to their places.

While the decisions were made on the tournament champions Boris and Ne'ebo took command of thirty fellows and bellowing the first of the five planned mock battles began. Ne'ebo was a demon kicking, punching, slashing and stabbing knights off their horses until his force stood victorious.

The next battle was the winning fifty versus another hundred which Ne'ebo, using a clever flanking maneuver once again won. Then Boris and Ne'ebo joined up and face the hundred that Ne'ebo had just bested along with the remaining hundred and ten. Once Again Ne'ebo was to be found in the thick of it, Kay, William, and Ecton guarding his flanks while he threw knights to the ground left and right then laughed as his core knights, a mere twenty guarded themselves well as Boris lead his force into the rear of the attackers and once they met the battle and the day was over.

The judges called several names and had them stand before the king then they called Ne'ebo. Elias stood and waving away his announcer he called out. "The Champion of the Mace Sir Kay of the Grenisward!!" Kay stepped forward and received a golden jeweled mace.

"The Champion of the Axe Sir Ecton of Scotland!!" The big man lumbered forward and accepted the pair of silver throwing axes.

"The Champion of Boxing Sir Wilmer Harnal!!" The pale masterless man was startled to receive such fierce applause, including from Ne'ebo and the other knights and when Elias lay a golden rope with a large large sapphire hanging from it around his neck and said "Well done Sir Wilmer." Wilmer blinked but bowed his head "Thank you Your Grace." and stepped back.

"The Champion of Wrestling Sir Latimer of Wales!!!" Like Wilmer Latimer was stunned to be so sincerely applauded, especially by Ne'ebo and Kay but he also stepped forward to receive a silver rope with an emerald hanging from it and a"well done" from his King. he also said "thank you your grace and stepped back.

"The Champion of the sword is Sir Uramet of Long Lake!!" Uramet blushed but strode forward taking the new sword, sheath and belt, all encrusted beautiful with jewels and precious metals and stepped back.

"The Champion of the Free-for-all Sir Boris Thyhoft of the Northlands!!" Boris stepped forward and accepted a small chest filled with the strange weapons that Ne'ebo had brought as well as quite a bit of gold.

"The Champion of the Bow Sir William Perry of Ireland!!" William blushed and stepped forward and nearly dropped his pair of arrows, one gold the other silver both with heads of diamond.

"The Champion of the Joust and our Tournament Champion... SIR NE'EBO FA HARGIK OF AFRICA, JAPAN, AND ENGLAND!!" The crowd exploded as Ne'ebo knelt to receive the silver and gold rope laid around his neck with twelve large gemstones hanging on it then as he stood Elias embraced him.

Once the crowd began to disperse after an hour of cheering their champions, Ne'ebo went to the Dais and took Fenice's hand kissing it. "I am your champion My Princess. For now and always. Shall we go my love?" And taking her hand in one and Trala's in the other followed by Ywen and Mathilde he lad them to the castle.

Fenice smiled as he pulled her from the cushion to the floor, the bearskin rug their mattress. He was as comfortable as she remembered. Pressed to his body she slept as soundlessly as he did. Groaning when he moved she whimpered and tried tightening her grip but to no avail. She responded to his kiss, moaning softly.

“No, don’t leave me…” She whimpered when Mathilde shook her, sitting up abruptly. Blue eyes wide as she stared at Mathilde, trying to figure out where Ne’ebo was or if it was all a dream.

“Come along, he’s gone to ready himself.” guiding her to her room she washed and dressed the young woman quickly. Ywen walked in trying to figure out why she was in such a daze but saying nothing. They ate in silence Fenice picking at her food. Mathilde wasn’t sure why she was acting so strangely, but she was. They all went to the lists, the crowds thick and standing room only.

Fenice’s eyes landed on Ne’ebo, she didn’t smile. She was a bit upset that he hadn’t woken her when he left. This was twice now; biting her lip, she held back the tears. The next day was Christmas and the ball; everything was being prepared for the celebration tonight for the Christmas Eve banquet. However, Fenice couldn’t seem to get into the spirit.

Watching the matches, she had no reaction. Ne’ebo won and it came as no surprise when he easily landed in the finals to the entire thing. The only match that surprised her was Kay and Boris; it caused the crowd much anxiety and tension. When Sir Boris finally won everyone seemingly sighed in relief.

The fighting that took place had Fenice off in her own again. Did he not wake her up thinking that it would cause them more trouble? Tears fell from her eyes, her emotions running a bit rampant given her state of turmoil. Ne’ebo was the winner, everything was falling into place and there was nothing worth crying over. Ywen saw her tears, as well as Elias and Trala. They took them for happy ones.

As the champions were announced Fenice arose and clapped. Her father presenting the awards to the men that Ne’ebo had selected with her father. At least this is what she assumed. When Ne’ebo’s name was finally announced she clapped harder, Trala rushed forward screaming happily. The clapping and cheering seemed to go on forever and when it finally ended, she smiled to him. His question had her nodding.

Mathilde gripped her arm and pulled her away from the knight. “The lady’s need to get ready for the celebration banquet. Go wash up!” She said dragging off Fenice while the other females followed her. Ywen shrugging but smiling.

The banquet hall was decked out with Christmas trees and the finest of things set out on the table. Servants in pressed clothing walked about offering ale and spiced cider. Delicate pastries and breads were offered as a first course while the people milled about. When the Princess made her debut in the red gown all eyes were on her.

She wore holly in her hair; the bodice of the gown was wrapped in gold lace. Not much skin was shown to make the dress of the ball that much more. Ywen wore green and Trala wore red same as the Princess. She launched herself into her father’s arms giggling before wiggling to get down. She rushed away to find Ne’ebo. Finding him, she pulled him forward to Fenice.

Ywen had stepped away with her own young man and left Fenice alone on the stairs. One hand held the edge of her gown away from her slippered feet and the other rested upon the railing. Tomorrow there would be an announcer and escorts. She knew her father had probably spoken to Ne’ebo about being hers. Probably decked out in full armor, it would make dancing less than fun with the hardness and coldness of his armor on her bare flesh.

Smiling down at him, she moved slowly down to where she could grasp his hand, “Thank you.” She wound her arm through his and walked at his side. she had left the crown off her head saving it for the gold gown of the next night, many dignitaries and visitors would be in attendance and it was only fitting to show off then, not that she enjoyed it.

Ne'ebo, having been warned by both Elias and Mathilde took his Princess' hand silently until they were out on the floor gently dancing to the music then he spoke as he gazed into her eyes. "Forgive me my love. i did not wake you this morning because Mathilde had told me you had not been sleeping and I did not wish to take away your rest. i did kiss you goodbye...."

He is wearing ceremonial robes of his homelands looking at once more regal than the other knights, but also much less forbidding. He studied her eyes wanting her to know that he had not meant to hurt her and never wished to.

He did smile as he studied her face as well. "You look amazing My princess...I have never seen anyone who compares to you."

He dances with her the rest of the night not speaking of anything except how every much he loves her. He also assures her that he will do everything in his power to ensure he wins the tournament for her hand.

While all this goes on Trala watches smiling ending up dancing at one point with King Elias and passing out on his shoulder. Ywen, Kay, William, and the other single folks amongst the dancers were all, like Fenice and Ne'ebo courting happily. When the clock chimed twelve for Christmas Day Ne'ebo leaned in and kissed her. "I have my my Christmas present. What would you like Princess Fenice Queen of my heart, mind, and soul?"

She smiled up at him as he guided her to the floor to dance, the music slow with its familiar beat. Fenice stared up at him, her gaze loving and full of adoration. He spoke; angry gaze flitted over her father and maid. They shouldn’t have said anything but he was trying to make up for it. “It doesn’t matter… I slept well in your arms Ne’ebo and I wanted YOU to wake me. Even if it was only to kiss me when I was awake. I know I wanted not to tempt you, but that doesn’t mean I wish only to never see you.”

She turned her head from his, trying not to cry or cause a scene. “It’s fine… I know you didn’t mean to hurt my feelings Ne’ebo.” Her voice is soft. She honestly knew he hadn’t meant, she was just being extra sensitive about things and she was trying not to let them bother him.

They moved about the floor. She kept her eyes on his as he seemed to be mesmerized by her. “Thank you Ne’ebo, I haven’t seen any male that compares to you either.” His confidence that he will win her hand is assuring and it causes her heart to soar. “I cannot wait until we are married Ne’ebo. I will give you many strong children.” She spun in his arms, her body moving closer but not close enough to cause them to be of concern.

The clock chiming caught her off guard and she smiled up at him. Not many were in the room when he leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. Something she gladly accepted. Pressing her lips up against his she pulled back a bit and smiled up into his eyes. “I have everything I’ve ever wanted, thanks to you.”

She pressed forward, her lips to his. It was passionate and soft and a touch hungry. Fenice stepped back and smiled up at him, her hands continued to circle him. “I love you so much.” She smiled up at him and confessed, “I can’t sleep without you holding me, well I can but it takes me forever to get there.”

Her father watched them holding the child in his arms; he wondered how long it would take them to give him some grandchildren. It had been since Fenice was a child that there had been much laughter in the large castle. He looked down at the sleeping child before handing her off to her father. It made his heart warm to think of there being children in the castle again. He glanced around for his friend the archbishop but it seemed he’d turned in a while ago. Yawning he snuck away as well, he’d let them have this night.

Ne'ebo broke their kiss as the final stroke of twelve fell. He sighed as the party was now ending. He took her to her rooms and kissed her. "Tomorrow we can spend our Christmas together. But tonight you must try to rest. I love you Fenice." He kissed her and then went to his room.

The next morning he rose up and washed then went to the now adjusted lists, which had been converted into a large arena. Every knight knelt as the Archbishop, gave his Christmas blessing then Elias said. "To finalize this tournament we shall now have the Mock Battles. there shall be only two. First we shall have the knights divide themselves equally and combat each other. Then...well that will come later." He sat taking his daughters hand as the knights were counted off the odd numbered knights going to one side the even to the other.

Ne'ebo had been the last counted and so fell on the even side despite his position and Title and was given command off his forces. The rules were only that no lethal weapons could be use. Ne'ebo gathered his forces and set them out carefully while Elias looked on smiling and leaning over to his daughter. "your man is quite the strategist." As the battle began she saw exactly what Elias meant.

The arena was just a simple open field and there was nothing with which to build but Ne'ebo had still used his forces quite well. He had had his archers, including Quentin and William, split into two groups behind several shields they had shoved into the ground to serve as cover, the shields having come from Ne'ebo's ground forces, which he was leading, while Boris, Tyrion, and Twyin rode in the cavalry.

The battle was fairly short. the other side just rode forth on cavalry shocked when the first line of them were shot from the saddle, the rest were hled back by the small ground force ad then were crushed between the three groups and the rather large mounted force. The crowd cheered excitedly as the knights battled about until Ne'ebo and his men won.

Then came the surprise. King Elias, in his goregous golden armor, rode forth onto the field for the first time in years and joined Ne'ebo though he sent half of Ne'ebo's men onto the other side. Elias and Ne'ebo fought together perfectly and battered and smashed their enemies to the ground with ease and when it was over Elias stood. "Well my people it is over. I wish you well and Happy Christmas. May you all stay and enjoy yourselves until the New year!" They cheer both me as they go off to the dais and together they escort Fenice to the castle.

Before Fenice goes to her rooms Ne'ebo stops her and hold out a small box which he opens revealing a beautiful silver necklace with thirteen gemstones hanging from it with a diamond in the center. It looks like a rainbow. "Please enjoy it my love. it was my mother's."

Sighing she hated for the night to end but knew it had to, Blue eyes travelled over the remaining guests. Sir Kay and William stood talking quietly with their women. A pang of jealousy hit her as she watched them; no one stood over them or around them or saw to it that they parted ways at the end of the night. A single tear rolled down her cheek before she could swipe it away with her hand as they walked. Were it not for the honor, he held so dear and the disgrace that would befall them both, she remained strong.

She kissed him back in the dim corridor, pale light floating out from her open door. Fenice nodded her dark head at him, “I will try and I love you too.” She kissed him softly and turned from him to head into her room, turning her head to watch him she sighed. Longing, desire, need, all of these welled up in her strongly but she fought them and closed the door against running after him and begging him to have his way with her. Scandalous and dishonorable, two things she could not put upon his name. She didn’t bother with washing up, simply undressed and slept in her under clothes curled up in a chair in front of the fire while wrapped in her blankets.

The book held her interest for a bit, and the warm tea Mathilde brought worked its magic and had her head lowered. She slept dreamlessly sideways in the chair, her head resting in the crook of the back. Her body imagined she was being held, tricking herself into sleep. When she woke hours later, she was stiff and almost screamed to move. The hot bath that Mathilde had drawn up eased the ache away and washed off the funky emotions of the prior day. She felt new and happy, a refreshing change from the day before. She rushed into dressing and skipped breakfast having a few things to check on.

The items she had prepared for Christmas were being delivered at noon today, something for Ne’ebo and her father. Mathilde and the archbishop said they wanted nothing but she had different ideas. “Merry Christmas Mathilde,” She stated pulling a package from under her bed. Inside was a simple necklace that held a heart. It was fashioned after the one Mathilde told her she’d given to her mother years ago, one that had gone missing at her death. The older woman gripped her in a tight hug before wiping her eyes and continuing in her tasks.

The new sheath and belt for her father and a special gift for Ne’ebo would need to be inspected but she was sure she’d find no fault in either. Seating herself at her father’s side a green festive dress adorning her form she smiled out at Ne’ebo. Today was a new day and she felt so much more like herself. Soft snowflakes fell gently from the sky, making the world appear as if in a snow globe. The way her father called Ne’ebo her man left her with a warm feeling in the very pit of her stomach.

The swallow and ring sword she had commissioned for him would have come in handy, they were two weapons she had not seen amongst his collection and figured they would be something he could play around with. The swallow had come from Japan and she’d only seen it once and knew because of its origin he would possibly be touched by her gesture. The ring sword was something her father suggested and wanted to see his future son-in-law do some damage with it, it was a gift from the both of them.

The way Ne’ebo led his men into battle was a good indicator of his skills, something her father had wanted in the leader of his army. Something that would garner them victorious if they were attacked, not that she feared it with him by her side. Her father left and Fenice knew he was gearing up to come out and fight as well. It had been ages and she knew he was childishly excited about this. Victory is reached and she cheers. Excitement for her father and future husband is painted on her.

She delights in taking each of their arms to be escorted to the castle. Her father leaves them to prepare for the ball and knowing the duo wishes to be alone for a few moments. When Ne’ebo stops her she isn’t expecting a gift, she wishes to exchange them later when she has his as well. Slim fingers reach out to touch the delicate strands of silver holding the gems perfectly. “Oh Ne’ebo…” she sighs gently, with tears in her eyes she gazes up at him, “It’s beautiful and I will wear it with pride.” She swallows back her emotion.

“I will have yours later today; tonight I planned on taking you aside to give you the gift… Will you meet me on the balcony before dinner is served? That would be perfect.” She tilts her head looking up at him, knowing her gift is not as good as his is but it is the thought that counts. She kisses him tenderly as Mathilde clears her throat softly, garnering their attention.

“Come along we have much work,” Mathilde motions to the dozen or so maids milling about behind her.

Fenice smiles up at him before being guided away, the box containing his mother’s necklace in her hand. The door is closed blocking her view of him and the group gets to work. Her hair is smoothed and pulled into a pile on her head, her crown surrounding the bun that is made. The curves of her neck are exposed in her low-cut, curve-hugging dress. The fabric is a soft gold which shows off her beautiful complexion. The style is something new and this would be the first seen of it.

After showing her necklace to Mathilde, the woman insisted that she wear it this very night. The length of the chain was perfect and nestled the diamond at the very swell of her breasts. Smiling at the reflection she made she hardly recognized herself. The female rose from her vanity and moved to the sitting area, the blacksmith waited for her holding a cloth bag in his lap. Carefully he showed her each item, all were approved and the man was well paid for his time and effort. Mathilde summoned a page to take the items to the family tree and place the gifts under the tree. Each had their own bags, one for her father and two for Ne’ebo.

Fenice then made her way through the castle and to the doors. The murmur of people could be heard from the great hall. Elias had been waiting on his daughter and upon seeing her, he smiled widely at her. “You look so lovely; the dress is interesting I’m certainly glad that you saw fit to wear his mother’s necklace, though I am not sure it is so wise. I am confident he will win your hand and I believe this will show our people that you believe it as well.” Taking her arm and wrapping it through hers he guided her down the stairs as the trumpet blared. Their announcement was given, introducing the father and daughter to uproarious applause.

“Merry Christmas friends, honored guests and special visitors. We are pleased that you are here to celebrate with us, please enjoy yourselves. Dance, dine and drink.” Elias guided her down the stairs and straight into Ne’ebo’s capable hands. “Take care of her now.” He winked at the male before clapping him on the shoulder. He knew that this was the safest spot for her to be, so many guests were crowded into the room there was no way to see every face.

Fenice smiled down at Ne’ebo’s waiting form as her father spoke. Her face glowed with happiness and joy. Love for the man radiating from her entire being. Sliding her arm into his she gave his hand a gentle squeeze. Her smile followed her father as he retreated into the crowd. She knew she was supposed to dance with others but at least she’d have him close by for a time.

Ne'ebo had washed and dressed in his ceremonial armor which was really just his normal armor with silver trim fastened on his ceremonial swords and as instructed the accouterments of his rank as Lord High General and went down to the ballroom complimenting the servants on the wonderful work on the castle especially the tree and waited.

When he heard the sound of her, his Princess, coming her turned and the world stood still. She had always been beautiful to him but tonight she seemed to glow. He did not hear or feel anything until she touched him and spoke. He licked his lips silently blinking for the first time since he saw her and said, "Of course My Princess. I shall await you eagerly until the end of time should you wish it. And then I shall continue to wait. Never have I seen anything or anyone more beautiful."

His love for her was written in his entire being and he all but screamed it out. He was barely blinking his eyes devouring her face unable to get enough.

He actually jumped when Elias came and took his daughter onto the floor to dance and as they stepped onto the floor both heard a strange little sound of longing come from Ne'ebo."Well my dear i believe you have just given him that moment. that same moment I had with your mother. When a man sees the woman he will do absolutely anything for. Who he will love unconditionally even beyond the grave....I am happy for you my child. You have chosen well."

Once the time was right Ne'ebo stepped out onto the floor dancing as well. with Trala. the girl looked lovely in her dress and was blushing so hard her hair was changing color but she was happy.

Finally Ne'ebo arrived close to the royal pair and the men traded partners for the next song as more and more people joined the dance. Ne'ebo still moved carefully and gracefully but smiled as he gazed into her eyes. "This is likely the only time we shall be able to dance this evening my love." He said this a bit sadly but her could not smiling as e gazed into her eyes.

The song ended some while later but far too soon for either of them and with a sigh Ne'ebo stepped aside to dance with a queen from some distant land as expected of a lord of Elias's court while her husband took Fenice through a dance.

Each King, duke, baron, lord, and knight she danced with complimented her on her dress her beauty and the decorations and the small bits of food that were being served to tide everyone over until the very late dinner tonight. And though Ne'ebo was often seen dancing with noblewomen of every sort Fenice could tell his eyes were on her nearly at all times. Little did she know that so were another pair.

Finally the musicians played the last song before dinner as they themselves were hungry as well and the bards would take over during the meal, the ball was expected to go early into the morning. Once everyone was beginning to file towards the large tables that soon would b e groaning with food Fenice saw Ne'ebo melt away towards the balcony as requested though unseen by her he was waylaid by Mathilde and the Archbishop who wished to discuss an item of some importance about their Princess.

While the man she had asked to meet her spoke with two of the people who knew and loved her best, the other watcher, the unseen watcher grinned to himself hiding amongst the curtains on the balcony his eyes searching for Fenice...he would have his revenge...and soon....

Fenice smiled at her father, proud that he approved of her choice for her husband. All that was left was the tournament for her hand and it would be true. Giggling when Trala requested to dance with the king, she obliged. Moving to Ne’ebo, she smiled. The moment in his arms dancing, felt just like that –a moment. Like a blink of her eyes, the moment was done and she was in someone else’s arms. It seemed forever even though their eyes landed on each other more often than their partners.

Her father knew of the plans to meet on the balcony and he agreed to get the weapons. Watching Ne’ebo slip away Fenice made her way to the balcony, but what waited for her was not anything she imagined. Her eyes fell on the form of Dufrayne as she turned, the sneer on his lips and the evil in his eyes made her skin crawl. “You were banished with the other Lords… why are you here?” She wasn’t worried, Ne’ebo and her father were coming and all she needed to do was stall him.

“YOU, I came for you… Your mother spent nights in my arms and my bed, I figure I would offer you the same…” He spoke through clenched teeth.

“I doubt your words Dufrayne; my mother loved my father and would never do anything to tarnish that part of her life.” Fenice said turning her head to the side, she knew the man was attempting to rile her anger and make her lash out at him. Anything so he could put his hands on her.

“That gown leaves very little to the imagination, are you sure you wish for that negro to have you?” He stepped closer pressing close and stroking her cheek, “Such a lovely creature, foolish of you to mix your bloodline…” His eyes burned with something akin to jealousy. “You carry his child within you now… I’ve seen you together… whore!”

She shoved his hand away, “You have no right to touch me!”

He laughed running the tip of his finger along the top edge of her dress, “But I do… I have every right since your darkling isn’t here and it appears you asked me here for one thing. Perhaps the one thing he can’t do… satisfy you. That’s it…” He practically growled before pressing his lips to hers.

Fenice screamed shoving the male away as best she could. Blue eyes flaming as the male continued to laugh at her.

“Half-breeds were never meant to rule, you know it and so do I… My seed is strong. My bloodline was meant to rule!” He sneered turning and pulling her to him hard. “You should be mine Fenice.”

“No… my children, OUR children will not be half-breeds.” She slapped the man hard across the face before shoving him hard. He reached out for her as he lost his balance over the railing. She stepped back and watched with anger in her eyes as he fell. The shock on his face registered as she gave him one last shove, his scream filled the air as well as hers.

Thunderous steps could be heard behind her, blue eyes wide she turned. “I-I killed him…. he… he called me a whore… called mother a whore…. called our children half-breeds… he tried to force himself upon me… I – I only wanted him off of me and away… I…” She sobbed and sank to the stone floor in a pile of gold. Mathilde was the first to react, grasping her in her arms while the men looked at one another and over the balcony edge. Ne’ebo’s steps were light, no one heard him approach.

Ne'ebo gently pushed Mathilde away and whispered into Feice's ear. "you did what was right my love. We heard what he was saying..the sound traveled better than he expected. You had every right."

She cannot see it but Ne'ebo 's eyes blaze with a murderous rage and as they flick up to the King, Elias freezes. e sees truly just how deadly this man can b as eve jarn's cheating had not drawn this cold rage from Ne'ebo. The man's eyes burn with a light of hate but not for Elias and somehow not with heat but with calculation and preparation. He thinks Dear Lord may no man ever dare seek to harm my daughter or their children...Ne'ebo is going to win her... and though he had thought it likely before now he was sure. This man would stop at nothing to wed is daughter and only fools and corpses would even dream of getting in his way.

Blinking all that away he nodded at the unspoken question and Ne'ebo nodded as well still holding Fenice gently. Elias knelt and gently touched is daughter face. "My child we did indeed hear the lies and filth that madman spoke. I am so sorry this happened..." he looked down Ne'ebo's arm around her then back at her face. "But it shall not happen again."

Mathilde had somehow gained the bag of weapons and now she clutched it to her chest. A patient woman she rarely got angry but now....the filth that monster had spouted about her lovely Queen and even worse about her darling Princess...it was well for the corpse that Mathilde could not reach him.

The Archbishop could though. in a way. He prayed. he prayed a prayer he had never thought he would pray. He prayed aloud. "Lord God. Please be merciful on we your servants. And forgive us ever our trespasses. But as for that beast below..." he snarled a bit on the "beast", "May his soul suffer ten thousand centuries of torments and may that be only the first day of his judgement."

All five of the people on the balcony are trembling. Four with rage. The fifth, likely that and perhaps shock and fear. Ne'ebo does not release her his arms tight around her his lips pressed to her temple until when the archbishop finishes his prayer Ne'ebo, Elias, and Mathilde all say. "Amen."

Fenice’s tear stained face turned in his direction, fear palpable on her every feature. Clinging to him, she sniffled and buried her head in his chest. The fact that Ne’ebo heard embarrassed her, she didn’t want him to hear what was said about their children. It was horrible. She felt the touch to her face, “It’s not true, none of it… I-I didn’t believe him.” She spoke up at her father. She knew what he was saying, realized he meant that Ne’ebo would never allow anything to happen like this again, something that brought her a bit of comfort.

The prayer of the Archbishop reached her ears but she did not react. Still clinging to Ne’ebo, she sat there still fearing. “What… what will happen?”

“Nothing my child, that filth attempted to harm you, it was his intent or so it seems. You will be fine.” He turned to Mathilde, “Please ready the sitting room, we’ll meet in there.”

Fenice curls into Ne’ebo’s embrace, feeling his arms tight about her form. She shivered against him as he lifted her gently and carried her inside. She felt him sit and place her at his side before drawing her in close. “I love you… I, I would never think of you as something as filthy as that man said and our children… I’d never consider them as half-breeds or abominations. He said his seed was worthy and yours wasn’t… I … he- he kissed me…” Tears fell harder, “I didn’t want him to…”

Mathilde had set the gifts on the low table while the Archbishop built a fire and Elias gathered the guards to cart away the body. She brought in a tray of tea for the group now before lighting several candles. She made a cup of tea and handed it to Fenice, “Milady, each of us here knows you do not or would not fancy that man. We all know whom it is that your heart belongs to, the same who’s heart you hold. The joy is written upon your faces when you see one another.”

Mathilde sat and sipped at her tea, the Archbishop sat next to her and patted her hand. Elias entered the room. Looking over each of the people in attendance, he scrubbed at his chin. “The gifts can wait... Ne’ebo, do you think that this is over with the lords or is this just the beginning?”

"I know my love. I know. Our children will be beautiful and They will rule well.Like their grandfather and their mother before them." he kissed her forehead between her eyes then her lips nor passionately but soothingly telling her everything else he needed to say. His eyes had softened as he looked into hers and as he walked with her he smiled.

Once she was safe he dropped out of the conversation though he smiled at Mathilde's words. He listened as the party below began and was beginning to relax, his chin resting lightly atop her head when Elias came in and asked his question.

The atmosphere of the room chilled as he slowly turned his head toward his king. "Elias. If one of them shows his face with a thousand yards of Fenice i will personally destroy their families, their holdings, and their names before I carve out their hearts. No one. No one will touch my Princess and live. That scum tonight got off lucky. If Fenice had not killed him." Elias, Mathilde and The archbishop all gulp at Ne'ebo cold rage. Fenice can feel how calm he is his heartbeat actually slowing down. Elias ignores the lack of respect as this was notya knight or a general or even a subject speaking to his king. This was a man speaking to his father in law about the woman they both love.

Mathilde crosses herself. "May God have mercy on their souls..." Elias and the Archbishop nod but Ne'ebo says nothing kissing Fenice's temple and laying his head on her head again. Elias calls in a servant and writes out a message ordering the former lords in question to never come with a mile of Fenice no matter what the cost on pain of death. The servant takes the message to be duplicated then sent and the room seems warm again.

The archbishop sips his tea and notices the bag Mathilde brought. "Forgive me Fenice my dear but what is in the bag?" Ne'ebo looks over noticing the bag for the first time but says nothing. Mathilde blinks. "Oh..would you like me to present the gifts Milady?" The archbishop groans. "Gifts!!" He calls for his servants who bring in several presents as does Elias and Ne'ebo and surprisingly Mathilde.

Mathilde got Elias a new chess set as the old one had begun to wear. She gave the Archbishop a lovely new set of robes that she had stitched herself. To Fenice she gave a diamond brooch that bore the family crest. To Ne'ebo she gave this. "You might just be worthy of my lady." and a pair of leather wrist bands that would help him with his weapons.

The Archbishop gave Elias a new crown and the many pieces of jewelry that either Elias had given him for safekeeping or the lords had stolen having purchased them himself to give back as he was now. To Mathilde he gave a beautiful gold crucifix. To Fenice he gave a hug, kiss, a promise to officiate her wedding to Ne'ebo, and a locket with her mother and father's faces carved within. To Ne'ebo he gave a key. "To the libraries both here in Camelot and in London. Peruse at your leisure."

Ne'ebo smiled a she presented his gifts. A jewelry set, silver and sapphire, to Mathilde including tiara, earrings, necklace, bracelets and rings. "A thank you for allowing me to love Our Lady." A new golden scepter fro the Archbishop. "For bringing me to my new home." A pair of swords just like Ne'ebo's and a number of of other weapons for Elias and"I promise to teach you to use them all My King. Thank you for accepting me." Ne'ebo turned now to Fenice and held out a diamond ring set in a metal that was not silver but she did not know what it was. "It is platinum. Last longer than silver or gold. Hold this for me until i winy our tournament then wear ti for me. Until the end of time."

Elias gave Mathilde a necklace that had belonged to his mother. "For raising my daughter into such a beautiful lady." " The Archbishop received a hug then a ring that had once belonged to Arthur himself. "For being a true and loyal friend all my life." Ne'ebo received a hug as well and another ring from the hand of Arthur. "For saving me and my kingdom and making my daughter happy." Elias then turned to his daughter. "You have your mother's beauty. Her ring i shall give you on your wedding day. You have her necklace. You have her strength, her kindness, her love, and her fire. You have her very spirit within you. But you do not have this." He opened a beautiful carved wooden box revealing her mother's crown. Elias had claimed it was lost but had merely hidden it refusing to give it up to anyone. He takes it and carefully but expertly palaces it atop her head and in her hair and eyes watering kisses and hugs her then steps back. "You shall be such a beautiful queen Fenice....Happy Christmas."

She felt safe there, his lips pressed to her head comforting her. The coldness of his rage offered her more insight than she would have thought. Her head turned up to his and she smiled. His lips were soft against her brow and she settled against him her small legs crossing over his lap as she sips at the warm tea. The letter her father fashioned quickly was straight and to the point. Not only would they have the guards, the king and the people to look out for but Ne’ebo, the scariest of all.

Fenice lifts a small brow and gazes back at the bags, “Oh... yes Mathilde. Well they were meant for only Ne’ebo as I wasn’t sure when I would be able to have a moment to supply them to him. Fenice watches with glee as the rest call their servants and retrieve their own gifts.

The broach from Mathilde brought soft tears to her eyes as she hugged the woman. “Thank you I shall wear it on my capes from now on.” She’d already given Mathilde her gift, something she proudly displayed now.

The locket and promise from the Archbishop brought a smile to her face; she gave Ne’ebo’s hand a squeeze. She gave him an intricately fashioned bookmark that doubled as a small sharp dagger. It was something he could keep in his bible, something he carried with him at all time.

As Ne’ebo gifted the items to Mathilde her mouth fell open, never before had she seen such fancy things. Mathilde had not been expecting such extravagance.

Fenice’s eyes went wide when he turned to her, the diamond ring was lovely and she was tempted to wear it now but instead just gazed upon the fine stone. “I will wear it with pride my love.” She lifted and placed a gentle kiss on his lips, not so passion-filled but full of heartfelt emotion.

Fenice turned to her father and watched him give the gifts out. The wooden box he held open before her brought tears to her blue eyes. Lifting her hands, she removed the simple tiara she wore entwined in her hair as he father lifted the crown to her head. She stood and hugged her father firmly. “Thank you father, but I do hope your rule is long and full.”

She moved to the sacks and handed first her father two. One containing the restored sheath for his sword and the other the belt that would hold the sheath in place about his waist. She smiled as he slid them on and hugged her. “They are well deserved and I am glad you like them father.”

Turning she smiled at Ne’ebo. “I wasn’t sure what to do for you my love and giving you my heart is not nearly enough for the joy have brought into my life. I spoke with the blacksmith and had some things commissioned that I noticed were missing from your collection here.” She handed him first the smaller leather sack which contained the ring blade. She smiled and took it carefully from his hand, pressing the middle of it she displayed it open for him smiling widely.

The longer cloth sack Mathilde brought over and laid across both of their laps on the couch. “A swallow,” She whispered when he revealed it to the group. She’d imagined him maneuvering around the field with both, though neither was safe for use in tournaments she could still sit on the dais and watch him practice with the duo of weapons. “Do you like them?” She asked quietly.

Fenice's gifts were just as happily accepted as the others and many hugs and kisses were given. Ne'ebo however stared at his new weapons and smiles at her question and twirls the swallow expertly then gently laid it on the side table opens and closes the ring blade just as expertly. "i did not bring them because these weapons cannot be made safe but i know these weapons well my love. But these are easily of better make than the ones i owned in japan. Thank you Fenice. They are beautiful." He leaned in and kissed her passionately but tenderly.

Elias smiled and sat down after locking the doors. "Now we must talk. We here are the ruling family of the kingdom." He smiles as Ne'ebo takes Fenice's hand. "Fenice wishes to give a position to Trala's father so the girl can grow and be educated as befits a Lord's child. Any objections?" The archbishop and Ne'ebo shake their heads. Ne'ebo looks down at her. "What position my love?"

After her answer Elias went on. "We need new lords of the Treasury, of Diplomacy, and the Land. I am thinking of Sir Quentin for the Treasury." Quentin was fabulously wealthy in his own right and was famous for is rigid money use and control. "Father Brennan Carmicheal for Diplomacy." He's one of the most well respected and loyal priests in the area and has a silver tongue for making peace. "And Baron Perth as Lord of the Land." The Lord of the land serves as the king's surveyor and keeps track of agriculture output, what mines are still running and other such things. Lord Perth basically already does the job but for his own interests, but though a bit pompous he is an excellent organizer and is intensely loyal to Elias.

"any objections?" Again Ne'ebo and the Archbishop shake their heads but then Ne'ebo raises a finger. "Your Grace i do have a suggestion." "Yes?" "A lord of Education.In Japan every child is taught to read and write they are also taught to fight. it would aid the army and it would help the people." Elias rubs his jaw. the Archbishop nods. "Would be an excellent idea." Elias looks at Fenice. "what do you think?"

Ne'ebo cocked his head at Elias after Fenice answered. "your Grace why were there seven lords if there were only four positions to fill?" Elias sighs,. "well actually you are the first Lord High General since Arthur's day.His was Lancelot... But anyway the Lords forced em to give them positions. Tallow was treasury, Winter Diplomacy, and the Crteches were lords of the land but the other three were lords of England, Ireland,and Scotland. useless titles but made them powerful.....it still stuns me how we managed to pay them off so easily after I struggled for years to."

Ne'ebo grins. "Well its simple Your Grace. We cheated as they had been you but better.. Before they would make sure that anyone you bet on lost or they would just intimidate the payers from paying you. They also were making you pay for whatever they could think of to make you fall further in debt. So as I said. We cheated. I grabbed the knights who had the best skills but got the worst odds and i lay heavy heavy bets on them from the very start and then i would double down. i also made sure to know who the lords bet on. And of course i gave you that information. But whereas you could to bet as heavily as me i could do anything i wanted with my funds as I was not limited by needing to be sure to have money for the people. So i would only bet on long shots or sure winners. So me. You know even after the swords the lowest odds on e were 3 to one? They refused to believe I could become tournament champion. their egos are what destroyed them. We just helped."

"So how much did you make Ne'ebo?" Ne'ebo blinked. "Not a shilling." "But you just said...." Ne'ebo cocked his head. "Did you not check your vault your Grace?" Elias stared at him then his eyes narrowed "how much is in there now?" "Eleven million one hundred seventy eight thousand two hundred and ninety five golden ducats. Seven million three hundred and eleven thousand six hundred and three silver ducats. And four million pounds exactly. Why?" Elias stared. this was several thousand percent more than they had had int he treasury when Ne'ebo arrived. "how..how?" Ne'ebo shrugged. "i placed massive but careful bets with the right people, and i also had the many gifts, prizes and debts people owe me here under the care of the Throne of Britain...you've only received about a fifth so far." Ne'ebo sipped his tea calmly ignoring the stunned looks the others gave him. He looked at Mathilde"Could i get some more tea please Mathilde?"

The pot was beside her and as he leaned forward to let her fill his cup Elias looked into his daughters eyes and mouthed. "What manner of man have you chosen? He gives money away like it were water."Ne'ebo sipped his tea. "Ahh thank you Mathilde." and sat back completely unaware of the effect he had had on them all his eyes falling to Fenice his lips curving into a smile.

Back
Top Bottom