Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lords and Ladies (LingeringDesire & Greeneyed23)

Her eyes took in the sight of him as he got to his feet and ambled forward. the exhaustion and true tiredness showing. She knew it was her fault, she was selfish and greedy, wanting him all to herself and only wanting him repeatedly did this to him. The tears came when his touch caressed her cheek. She nodded wordlessly.

Letting him lead her back to the bed she slid in and covered up. Pulling the tray toward her she began eating. It wasn't like him to look or act like this. Where was the strong knight that threw men across a field to get to GET her? The man that pulled another man limb from limb for spreading lies about her? Was he gone? Silently she pleaded with god that this wasn't the true Ne'ebo, that she'd not married an imposter.

She looked to him pleading and begging like a woman, it was huge turn off. With his head in her lap and her hands on his head, him holding them there she actually prayed that she wasn't carrying his child or that the actual Ne'ebo would return. This man, sniveling and pleading like a woman repulsed her. "I'll stay... just... stop." She said rubbing her fingers along his ashy skin. "Eat and drink... I will take care of you."

In her head she was planning a meal, oily fish and a rich fatty meat pie for lunch, something that would add oil to his dry skin. a long soak in the tub and maybe he'd let her rub him down with an oil before bed. Eucalyptus was good for recovering. She could only hope he'd return to her, otherwise... she'd end up killing him.

He looked up the moment she agreed and saw everything in her eyes. he snarled and grabbed her face roughly kissing her. His lips were still dry but the heat was there. His eyes blazed.

"Don't do that. Don't you pity me. And don't you dare blame yourself." he kissed her again then fell back his eyes still blazing. "I love you and I chose to give all of myself to you. Just let me recover and I will show you something more of lovemaking."

The fire seemed to make him fill back out. Snarling he sat and began to eat. This caught his attention. He had not realized it but he had also not eaten the day before and was starving in addition to being exhausted. Even as he ate his skin began to clear and his lips and eyes lost their desperate look.

Finally he finished and looked over at her his eyes searching her face for any signs of what she had been thinking. "Still disgusted by me? I know that look well Fenice do not try to lie to me."

He was actually a bit angry at her. Was this how she would react anytime he was less than perfect?

Lost in her thoughts about the ways she'd take care of him with food, oils and massages she heard the snarl. Her face was grabbed and she had no time to react before he was forcefully kissing her. Her eyes were wide as his blazed, she promptly closed them and enjoyed the heat he gave her... even if she knew it was anger.

His words hit her, like a sharp slap to the face. she almost lifted her hand to ward off the sting of them but refrained. She smiled down at him, liking the sound of his words... but she needed to clear this up before he thought something of her that wasn't true. Though she let him stew for a bit, perhaps this would bring him around, not that this was even her first thought on the matter.

"No," She answered with confidence. "You misunderstand me. I am not without power and I am not in the business of offering pity to you. I worried , for a moment, that this sniveling creature was the real you and the powerful one... a fake." She stroked his head.

"My father and I are very good at seeing through most people, at least until then. I've never once questioned you. I know now how deep your trust is in me, to let me see this vulnerable side of you. However, I didn't pity you. I was repulsed... I see now how tired you are. You have won your prize, enjoy it and relax for me..." She cradled her stomach gently and smiled at him, "For us, your family."

She smiled and kissed him tenderly, "I want you around for a long while. When I am old, gray and wrinkled I shall still take you into my bed and show you how I love you with all of me." She sighed. "Just please, no more of this womanly behavior it does NOT become you." She smiled down at him, hoping she'd made herself clear to him.

He sniffed. "you are a cruel Queen my love." He pulled her down into a kiss. "But you are right. The trouble is I have never felt so weak. it's disturbing. i feel like Samson with his hair cut. It is unseemly."

He stretched and grunted as his bones popped almost as one. "Well no wonder." he lay back watching her. "For you and our child I will rest. And I am avoiding that tea from now on. It may have been impressive but the results..." He was half joking but he began to consider.

He nodded. "yes. No more. That is the only thing I had that was new to me. Well except you but i know it was not you. " He pulled her into another kiss. "You could never harm me so." He kissed her again with a bit of that passion though his body was still unwilling.

He lay back again and sighed. 'This will be a tedious time. I shall certainly need your chess game otherwise I shall go mad." The pups peeked over the edge of the bed now that Mommy and Daddy were no longer fighting and h smiled patting his chest quickly joined by them. "That does feel much better."

"Father Mordred True King of England, son of Morgana and Arthur hear our plea. Rise up and take for yourself your proper place. Kill the false king Elias and his whore daughter Fenice. Kill the dark warrior Ne'ebo who would take the throne for himself. Only you can best these foes!!"

Around the circle of fire, deep in the castle that had indeed raised Morded himself and had once held Morgana Le Fay and all her wickedness gathered a small group. There were but seven for now but they spoke strong words of magic. Or so they thought. They had not been surprised to see the plans of their foes be torn asunder by the African monster. They would handle Ne'ebo far better. They would not fight him. They would bide their time and when it was right they would sever his legs and force him to watch England burn, his precious wife and bastard children mounted on spikes.

And now he was hidden in Camelot, deeply hidden. No one knew why but now was the time to begin the first movements. After uttering their prayers to their master and his witch mother, they left one by one. The priest. The knight. The noblewoman. The priestess. The innkeeper and his wife. The woman who had forged all of this.

Elias was directly descended from Arthur from Guinevere, through their daughter Felldewyn who, with her son Ambrost, had been spirited away from the battle of Camlann where her father died, by the same Sir Bedevere who was supposed to have thrown the great sword Excalibur into the Lake. Ambrost, his mother, and grandmother and several aunts, hid in Wales until the boy was grown and true to his heritage, fathered by a noble knight of the Round Table named Sir Peris, the boy had gathered his forces and ridden upon his slain uncle's squabbling children and slaying them retook the throne and crown for himself and his family.

And through all of this Morgana's treacherous blood ran true through her sons, her grandsons and daughters, and on until it reached her last remaining many times great grandchild, her own namesake Morgana. Morgana was the wife of a knight who had fought and lost to Ne'ebo and had seen what he could do and had watched with hate as her cousins sat upon her throne. She would have it. For herself. Then for her own sons and daughters. She patted her own very pregnant belly.

"It will be mine."

She shook her head at him, knowing she wasn't cruel. Elias had given her his insight when she was young, to be trusting but only until they showed otherwise as actions spoke louder than words in EVERY case. Sure they both had been stung a few times, but it was worth it in the long run to always be slightly wary. She kissed him, eagerly returning it. It was short lived and very soon over.

"I'm glad that tea is no longer able to help you, I feared I'd lost you when you passed out on me." She giggled and stroked his hair gently, fingers twining in the locks. "it could be me," She whispered against his lips in a teasing manner. Nipping his lip she shook her head, "I could... but we will save that for when you are feeling much more yourself." Moaning into the kiss Fenice pressed closer to him. Her hands wrapped about his neck.

The pups jumped upon him, she smiled down at him and moved to the bath tub. "I wish to bathe in soothing oils again, then I shall like to nap again and then I will call for the chessboard. I too am weary and should I be with child, I imagine it will only get worse." She smiled at him over her shoulder before pulling on the call rope. Mathilde appeared with a wide smile. "I should require a bath, with the relaxing oils in it, please." Fenice watched her nod and stroll away to gather the maids so they could take care of it in a timely manner.

"Would you like to join me?" She asked with a smile, "I will not attempt to seduce you." She smirked at him.

He smirked and waited until the maids had filled the tub then stood. Having settled down his body had lost it's adrenaline and as he stood he nearly feel just barely catching himself with the bedpost. He shook his head. "Ok I really dislike that."

He rarely cursed and he never complained the moment earlier having been the most and first she had ever heard from him. Now he slowly struggled to walk toward the tub and just let himself fall in and peeled his wet clothes off tossing them into one of the empty buckets.

"You join me....slowly. I need my Fenice..." he reached out for her. His face was growing ashy again and his pupils were blown, one so wide as to effectively vanish the green in the left, while the right was just overbig.

"Come to me my love."

She watched the maids fill the tub. One or two eyes going toward Ne'ebo. Her smiled faded and her lips stiffened. Fenice knew they would be curious, just as she was, but her interest lied in wanting him and not just seeing him completely. "Dismissed." she said gruffly, when the tub was filled enough and he stood.

Rushing to him, she shook her head at him. "Dislike that I won't seduce you? Or this stumbling and bumbling you are doing?" She asked him with a laugh. They were alone again. She cared for him, and the fact he was weak scared her inside. Walking with him, she didn't help only stood there should he need it.

Watching him fall in, the water sloshing out around him in the large stone tub dug straight into the floor of their room. She had wanted it large enough for them both, or for her to bathe the pups in. Or later when there was a multitude of children. She smiled down at him stripping off his clothing.

At his words she slowly stripped out of the nightdress she wore. Untying it and letting it fall to her feet before stepping into the warm healing waters. Her hips sway as she walked and her body was bare and in his arms in a moment. She turned her back to him and didn't see his eyes. Relaxing against him, she settled there in his arms.

He groaned wrapping around her. "I dislike the stumbling and bumbling. I dislike being weak. Feeling and acting this way irks me to no end."

He kissed her neck lightly. "Just thinking about it I can see why you said what you said my love. i must have been truly foul at that moment." His voice was full of self disgust.

He kissed her neck again beginning to gently stroke her tummy and her legs. "Still have no clue why you love me." He nibbled lightly. His cock did not stir but his heart beat did. He longed for her so as much as she did him but as he had said he couldn't rise to the occasion. The chemicals in his body were doing all sorts of rather evil things to him, not the least of which had been the sudden surge of hormones causing his outburst.

He growled into her neck squeezing her gently. "So tell me this my Queen. Am I still your knight?"

Canting her head for him she nodded slightly, understanding how he must dislike this feeling of vulnerability. "I understand my love." She whispered as his lips pressed tenderly to her neck. Her eyes closed as she enjoyed the bit of closeness. She let him talk knowing it was what he needed to do.

His hands on her flesh felt so good, she stretched languorously and trembled feeling his hands on her legs. Still she was a bit sore but would have him, if only he'd have her. His nibbled caused her to laugh in a most delicious of ways. "Me either, my silly husband..."

She was lying of course, enjoying the moment. His arms tightened as he spoke. Fenice held there a moment, pretending to ponder his words. Turning a bit in his arms she gave him a long look, her face neutral and her eyes full of mirth. "I'm not sure... mayhap's my answer shall be yes and mayhap's my answer shall be neigh."

Giving her head a shake, "How dare you ask such of me, you are no dullard Ne'ebo and you know you shall always be my one and only knight." She stroked her fingers over his forearms as they held her. "Am I still your knight... what a silly thing to ask." She commented still shaking her head at him.

He smiled and kissed her deeply. "Thank you my love. You are far too good to and for me." He kissed her again stroking her neck. "I had to be sure. i was not myself for a moment."

He kissed her once again. "I say the first child will be a girl. I think we should name her after your mother. My mother's name is unpronounceable in English." He spoke in several clicks and pops. "She was from a very restrictive tribe and refused to take another name. Father just called her wife and I called her Mom. Not quite right but... and my grandmother said I wasn't allowed to name any of my kids after her. Said the world only needed one. Much like yourself."

He kissed her again. "The one and only Fenice."

Mathilde came in suddenly. "you two are very cute and yes Ne'ebo we plan to let you sleep. Fenice your cousin Matthew is here."

Mathilde despised Matthew. The only son and only other surviving member of her mother's family, Matthew was the classic nobleman. Arrogant, loud, cruel, and incredibly dense he delighted in abuse his supposed power. Elias had always been polite while Fenice's lovely Aunt Charlotte, a genuine delight who closely resembled her elder and only sister, but now he was hard pressed to even see Matthew the boy proved so aggravating.

Matthew also delighted in tormenting his only cousin.

Ne'ebo grunted. "Let him rot."

Matthew had refused to come to the wedding and had sent a very useless and cruel gift of a dead rotted bird. As it had not been the only, nor the worst, of the many death threats and other cruel gifts it had been tossed away with the rest. Ne'ebo had handled this and though he had never met the little shit he knew who had sent the bird. That it had been an African song bird had not passed his notice.

Fenice listened to him, kissing him when appropriate and adding in sounds of agreement or not when the time came for them. When he mentioned their child she smiled kindly at him, he was so full of ideas and thoughts on the matter that she just let him run with it.

Opening her mouth to speak she was interrupted by Mathilde. Looking up at her maid she smiled, but that faded. Matthew, the sniveling brat of a cousin she was FORCED to deal with. "NO!" she said, about the same time as her husband said to let him rot.

"God I love you... " She whispered hotly into his ear before kissing him. Sure, Mathilde was just the messenger but still.

"I shan't deal with him... what about MY rest. As we all know I'm currently incapacitated by growing Ne'ebo's seed into a rather large English prince or princess." She giggled as Mathilde clamped her hands over her ears.

"He is YOUR cousin.. and stop talking about Ne'ebo's seed.. it's very unladylike Fenice..." Mathilde grabbed a towel and handed it her way.

Fenice crossed her arms over her breasts and sank into Ne'ebo further. "No.." She turned her face to Ne'ebo and pouted, "Don't make me..."

Mathilde turned her face to Ne'ebo and raised her brows, as if to say "you deal with her". Then dropped the towel and left the room.

Ne'ebo grunted. "Make you? As if i could? You dont let anyone make you do anything." He kissed her squeezing her to his chest and groaning as he hissed out his breath.

"Sore ribs...that's new. But no. My Queen shall stay here with her knight. When he gets pissy i'll send Mayonaka to eat him." He grinned at the thought and kissed his wife again.

"It'll be a princess. You'd never have a boy first."

He grinned more knowing she'd want an explanation. "Your daughters will be just as fiercely independent as their mother. You won't endure otherwise. "

"Well... you do have a power over me, my love, but my make me was simply asking for you not to insist I see him." She kissed him back, gently. Gasping, eyes wide, when he hissed out his own breath. Sincere worry filled her for her husband. It was still early in their marriage and he didn't need to be feeling so ill after a few nights away with her. Another kiss and her body had turned toward his, fingers gently stroking his cheeks and down his chest.

Her blue eyes puzzled with the unspoken questions, he seemed to know would come as she turned and settled back against him again. She lifted his arm and placed the soap in his hand, hoping he'd wash her as they sat there.

"Independent yes, but I could endure. I want many sons, to give your line a strong name through our land. So we might live on long after we are gone from this world. For what would a world be with out you, without me. Plain, empty, boring ... mayhap's, even lifeless. I want our story to live on beyond us. " she turned in his lap, eyes meeting his and tears rimming them. "I want your children so badly, that I don't even care which gender they are. I know we will love them and raise them to supercede us in life and in everything they do."

Fenice wrapped her legs about her husband and placed her head over his heart. I won't be satisfied until we have our own brood. So you should heal well, you only have nine months to recuperate fully..." She giggled, it might have seemed like a long time, but with them she knew it would be the blink of an eye.

Ne'ebo smiled kissing her back then began to gently stroke her hair, neck and back his finger lightly stroking her smooth skin his roughly calloused hands forming delightful patterns of love on her back, both in her language, his own, and in a number of symbols that she both knew well and had never even guessed out. The Japanese was the best for this as it required much more touching of her skin which was of course what he wanted the most.

"We shall soon enough. But I am still certain the first one will be a girl." He kissed the top of her head smiling.

He sighed laying back chuckling. "And don't worry. Next time will be more like our first not like after the tea. I'm going to give that to your cousin. let it kill him if it wants."

He grinned at the idea his eyes flashing playfully. As he grinned his left hand, the right was still making love patterns on his wife, came up and ran over his face. "Damn. i need to shave. And no i am not letting you do it. Your bladework is still abysmal." he grinned even more knowing that would strike a cord in her pride though it was actually true her affinity with the bow still by far her best martial skill.

Ne'ebo growled as the dogs all sat up as one and looked at them. "Don't you dare brats. you jump in here I'm having dog for dinner." They all smiled at him but still obeyed. for now. they looked at their mother for the real answer. "little brats."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morgana was back in her hall now. In bed actually, watching her husband sleeping. Her husband was Baron Lien Trell. He had not been one of the cheaters but though he was a talented fighter he did not have a true warrior's spirit and had no initiative of his own. his wife ruled him utterly. they had just finished making love a few minutes before and already he was asleep, though at her urging.

Morgana patted her belly. Her husband was strong though and far from stupid. He was simply lazy. Her child would not be. She would have to supplant Fenice first but her own child would have the throne. Elias was too strong, too loved, and far too protected now. Morgana knew what she would do. She smiled as she thought of it.

Matthew was sitting in his room, having taken over the entire building of the best tavern in town, and was rather enjoying the liquors they had, as well as the attentions of the best whores about. They were miserable as he enjoyed beating them and tended to humiliate and embarrass them both publicly and to each other but there was really nothing to be done.

Well there was one thing.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ne'ebo was beyond proud of his wife. In the seven months, two weeks, three days, and six hours she had sprouted not only a massive pregnant belly that Elias could not stop crowing about, but had also done beautifully at her training. He still bested her easily, and had actually improved beyond even his own expectations his time of weakness enraging him to surpass himself and ensure that weakness never repeat itself.

Elias and Mathilde had been busy making arrangements. Mathilde had loaded the ship to Africa with everything they would need. of course officially it was going to Rome. Elias had been carefully preparing his nation and government for his absence. Like his distant cousins in France, Germany and the other European nations, and his own ancestors including the great Arthur himself, it was not all that unusual for a king to be away from his own throne. Since his daughter's wedding the nation had had an explosion of good fortune with massive harvests, no plagues or serious illness' a steady strong peace, and the treasuries were now full to bursting. He had decided that his new Chancellor Daniel Ashby would serve his nation well.

The ceremony for their departure had already taken place and they were due to pack onto the ship in three days. Ne'ebo was so excited about seeing his homeland and his family he had surpassed the wild glee he occasionally reached and instead had gone almost entirely silent. His own lieutenants, all thoroughly trained in his image now, were working to train the new standing army of Britain and would continue to do so until his return. Only his father-in-law, Mathilde, and of course Fenice and the child heard him speak anymore and even they heard only whispers. He was often seen watching the sky to the southeast and seemed to be getting bigger and stronger every day. The call of Africa was having a number of effects on Sir Ne'ebo, but only one other person knew just what was going on.

Fenice had been wakened many times by her needs to pee, getting sick, her odd hunger cravings, and eventually by the baby's kicking and punching, and Ne'ebo had always been there close ready to help. he had taken to making her food personally finding it helpful, and trying to help her anytime she needed it, though he was careful not crowd her. He did know that she had started to pick up on more of his native tongue as he had taken to speaking it unconsciously when he was with her, and he had no doubt he was occasionally singing in his sleep as his mother used to. He had been working to teach her both Japanese and his native tongue in between his various duties and his extensive training. He did not realize that he had taken to tracing more love patterns on her at all times, that he had grown so quiet, that he had even begun to train the puppies in different languages, and that he was showing the same signs of nearing that animal side but in a much less wild manner. he had taken to hunting alone several times a day and the city was teeming with the tales of his exploits.

He had hunted down bandits, foiled robberies, broken up a spy ring, and numerous other public deeds but he always vanished before anyone could thank him. The skins of his kills could be found all over the land, including a new rug in the palace itself that was at least ten feet long and close to twelve feet across from a massive bear that had been using it's impressive size to ravage the farmers. all of this helped but while he gave no public sign, he twitched in his sleep, rarely stayed still for even ten seconds, and only Fenice was able to keep his attention.

Matthew hated Ne'ebo even more now. While still weakened Ne'ebo had heard of his cousin's actions and had carefully withdrew the man's access to the ladies of the city, and had also severed his alcohol access but had done so in a rather unique way. He had gotten the Church to label Matthew as a carrier of the Plague. No one would come near him. Everyday Matthew screamed for an audience with Elias or Fenice but Ne'ebo's trick also prevented him from entering the palace. The nobleman was furious about it but for now there was nothing he could do so he raged and plotted, and secretly met with Morgana, sure he could use her and her group, an oddly public group called Sons of Mordred, to gain the throne.

Morgana herself had presented herself and her group as public servants seeking to rid their forebear's name of his treachery by aiding the weak and poor and quickly gaining support from the more open and especially amongst the poor thought even there they were limited as Ne'ebo had helped Elias implement a new plan. In Japan even the poorest were given shelter and food provided they worked, and now Elias was doing the same. there had been complaints but they had been pleased to find that with warm beds and guaranteed meals they were far more productive and happy. Morgana was working carefully spreading her influence amongst the nobles but despite the rather beautiful sight of her son Calvin, truly one of the most lovely children anyone had ever seen, she was still having little success, but she was patient.

Now at midnight Ne'ebo stood atop the highest tower watching the full moon that seemed to hang directly over where he knew his homeland was. "Ytxi mte bu." (Soon I come.) He smiled at the thought.

Fenice laughed at him, that laugh echoing down the halls of the castle and alerting all to the happiness they shared. Various patrons of the castle rolled their eyes or groaned silently to themselves, these people were part of the movement, though there were so few and all of them far away from the lady and her husband. The tight knit circle of personal servants kept the unknowns away. These few, were scullery maids, cleaners, gardeners and one lowly stable worker. BUT they at least had their foot in the door, just the way that was needed.

--

Round belly protruded out before the slender female. From the back one could not tell but as soon as she moved to the side, it caught one off guard. Still in this state, she trained. Her small body wearing out fast but she still did it. All while growing a child and orchestrating a trip to her husbands homeland. Africa was in his blood and she couldn't wait to see it and to meet his family. The child in her womb seemed as eager to meet them as she did. Such an active child, the only time she or he settled was when Ne'ebo spoke or touched them.

Her lips parted into a smile, he was an excellent husband and would be an equally wonderful father. The way he cared for them now, even the pups were gentle with the rotund princess. Her eyes didn't find him but she felt him and knew he was close by. Her round belly prevented a lot of things and made some things easier. Their lovemaking had changed, softening and becoming more about their souls. Fenice felt his soul melting more and more with hers each time they joined. It was spiritual and emotional and even as they caressed with him just being inside and unmoving, she welled to tears as the range of tenderness swept through her like an ocean tide.

She lay in bed awake, hours left before rising and thinking of a multitude of things. Matthew had grown bothersome in his desire to make contact, but even her father wouldn't allow it. He knew more of the going on's than she, but she knew something was afoot. However, being pregnant they kept the more worrisome things away from her ears. She knew of the helpful group, the sons of Mordred but that was all it was, a name to her.

In three days time, well two by the time the castle woke they would be in his homeland surrounded by his people and his family. She knew the trip was the reason she was awake now. That and without him at her side she didn't sleep. Even if he told her to, she couldn't without him. Her stomach lurched, the child inside growing restless. Rising she went to find her husband, her thin gown fluttering behind her as she followed her senses. Arriving at the balcony she whispered up sweetly, "My love, our child grows weary of the adventures you have without her." She smiled and leaned against the archway, hand stroking the round globe protruding before her. All of this was said in his native tongue.

Ne'ebo nodded thoughtfully. He reached behind him and gently touched her belly. "I am sure she is not nearly as weary of them as her mother. Who is progressing well in her language lessons."

He had been teaching her Japanese and his native tongue for months now and he had delighted in the fact that now they could speak freely in front of anyone and only they would know what was said. He had often used this trick to flirt with and remind her how very much he loved his wife while she was at court,knowing it irritated the nobles but not truly caring as he was no so bored he had been known to fall asleep at the sessions. His lieutenants were more than capable and every day they, and even their detractors, reported that the army was quickly becoming the most terrifying group of fighting men alive much like their General.

Ne'ebo chuckled at the thought of the day when Matthew had tried to interfere with the training of his newest recruits and had been promptly run into the dirt as they had simply challenged him to join them in a run around the city, a training style seen as odd, but with incomparable results, especially in Ne'ebo. Matthew had not even made it a hundred yards before his lazy and weak body collapsed into a coughing fit.

"So tell me something my love. When our daughter is born. Will she be spoiled as rotten as her mother?"

Before she could respond he spun about and pulled her into a deep kiss. "Because you have certainly spoiled her father." His eyes flashed in delight.

-------------------------------------

Elias himself was sitting up in the library with the Archbishop having a rather poor chess game as they discussed the plans for the upcoming trip and the things that would need to be done in his absence. Elias had no doubt things would be fine, but the Archbishop seemed unable to shake this odd feeling about the Sons of Mordred and this Morgana woman. Elias trusted his friend's instincts but their was nothing that could be done until they did something illegal and as of yet they had done nothing illegal and in fact were rather popular with the public.

The child within her womb settled the instant his fingers grazed her belly, his words were true, she was lonely without him in her presence and she didn't like that the pregnancy slowed her down at all. Making it so he could get away from her more easily, though he liked to play with her and stayed just beyond her reach. Though she was not without her own tricks.

Her lips curled into a smile as she reached out to him,but before she could respond he was pulling her to him. Fenice moaned into the kiss, pressing her body into his and dragging her fingers along his jaw and the soft hair there. She smiled at him, breathless with desire, but also happy beyond any measure.

"We have spoiled each other, my world. Besides, my father and Mathilde shall take joy in spoiling her as much as you and I shall, though within reason, my love." She pushed into him, her fingers sliding over his chest and up into his thick hair. "Kiss me again like that and I won't be able to stop myself from attacking you." She giggled at him.

--

"I fear your absence in this land, my liege. I fear the Camelot we both know and love will be pulled from beneath us and then it will be too late. Any reaction or retaliation will be made to look foul on our part." The Archbishop stated, he couldn't think strategy about the chess board before him.

"I also fear for the child and Fenice. I fear that whatever this group is planning it is aimed at her and your granddaughter." It was an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach and a dread that filled him from head to toe. "Has the guard been doubled on her my king?" He inquired.

Ne'ebo grinned and indeed kissed her like that yet again. "You seem to think i would not want that?" He deepened the kiss still further, though her belly did make it more difficult. He was always so careful though, making sure not to crush his wife or daughter with his body, even when he was being passionate.

He was relieved he had made up for his failure after their wedding but it also drew his attention to the fact that he had been relying far too much on assumptions rather than surety. He would not be making that same mistake again.

He smiled at the thought. One thing he was sure of. He stroked Fenice's cheek tenderly. "I love you my heart. With all that I am."

------------

Elias exploited a weakness in the Archbishop's structure. "Check. And yes and no. No further guards have been put around them, though the Order of the Rose is to accompany us. But Ne'ebo is never more than twenty yards from her and his training regimen is truly terrifying these days. I pray for the souls of anyone foolish enough to attack her. As to her cousin...."

Elias sighed irritably. Even he was sick of Matthew. "No one can take any position in this land without your consent or that of Rome should anything befall you. But you have the loyalty of the army because they are loyal to Ne'ebo. So try to relax. They are watching the Sons of Mordred. We can do little else. But I doubt they will be a real issue. I hear they suffer from a number of internal struggles.

That these reports were false and intentionally generated for Elias' ears he would never know. Ne'ebo did though so he had given separate orders to his army. No member of the group was to ever be anywhere in the entire land without at least five watchers ad two guards, whether soldier or mercenary, and these reports were to be given to Ne'ebo and his trusted seconds. He had not wanted to burden Elias with this, and as he was doing the same to all other fringe groups in the land, and even a number of supposedly upright citizens, it was not really that hard, nor in his mind vital for him to tell his father-in-law.

The one thing that troubled him was that Elias had explicitly ordered Ne'ebo, in no uncertain terms, to tell Fenice none of these affairs and though Ne'ebo tried he could not find a loophole as Elias had demanded his word on the deal and Ne'ebo could not break that.This, and this alone, gave Elias hope. Fenice would rule someday but right now she needed to focus on her child, and eventually children. Then when they were of age, or when Elias himself passed, Fenice would become Queen.

The two chess players had discussed these plans often and at length but while Elias was confident, the Archbishop was not so sure. His spirit was troubled but he was not sure why. So he held his peace as much as possible, wanting his friends to enjoy their time abroad. Especially Ne'ebo.

Back
Top Bottom