Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

One ring to rule them all... (me x MiseryChord)

He gave a light sigh as he heard her,"I wouldn't know..." he said gently before continuing to walk with the horse,"She... passed away..." He said as he looked down at the ground,"Not too long ago... illness." He said as he moved next to a river, looking at the water,"It's been... a few years..." He said as he moved the horse over to the water,"If you'd like to drink again, I'll help you down."

She frowned softly and placed her hand on his. "I am so sorry Sion. I shouldn't have asked." She shook her head at his offer and leaned up so she wasn't touching him as much. She could tell he still wasn't over the woman and she pushed her wants and wishes to the back of her mind. The sooner they reached Rivendell the sooner he would walk out of her life.

He helped her down slowly, giving a soft smile,"Don't be." he said as he held her hand,"She gave me a lot of great memories. But... she also gave me the ability to remember her." He said as he moved to the water, sipping some of it,"In the end... she wanted me to be happy, and not mourn her. She wanted me to be able to love again if I so wished..." He said as he splashed a bit of water onto his face before turning to her,"Your dress should be dry by now. If you'd like to change back." He suggested, seeing that she was a bit hesitant.

She nodded and pulled the shirt over her head, too lost in her own thoughts. She pulled the old one back on and braided her hair up off of her neck. "I'm ready whenever you are." Her voice had deadened and lost all traces of her normal bubbly self. She felt horrible for bringing something like that up and for causing him pain. She sighed softly and remounted, sitting sidesaddle again.

He turned a bit from her as she slipped the shirt off, he waited for her to speak before he turned again,"Are you alright?" He asked as he helped her up on the horse,"You sound... down." He said as he waited a few moments to start off again,"Did I say something that bothered you? If so, I didn't mean to... and I apologize." he said with a light smile.

She shook her head. "I'm fine and it's nothing you did." She stayed silent for the rest of the trip, only speaking when he asked a question. She looked about them as they entered the woods of Rivendell.

He walked silently, and could tell that something was up, but she didn't speak so he didn't either. When get got to the woods of Rivendell he slowed them to a stop, looking to her,"Well... we're about there." He said with a gentle smile,"But... I was thinking, maybe we should rest for a bit. I'm sure the horse would like to rest... and I need to relax my legs for a while." He said as he moved, offering his hand to her to help her down.

She nodded softly and took his hand, sliding off the horses back. "You could have rode and I could have walked." She sat down on a nearby boulder and pulled her knees up, resting her chin on them. "Need any help making camp?"

He shook his head,"What kind of man would I be if I had done that?" He asked as he moved, starting a small fire,"A gentleman always gives the lady his horse." He said with a soft light chuckle,"And yes... would you mind gathering some firewood?" He asked,"I'm sure the undergrowth here will be clear enough for a normal sized fire... we won't have to worry about orcs." He said with a smile.

She nodded and stood. Shebwalked a ways off into the woods and began gathering good sized pieces of firewood. Soon she had a big stack.in her arms and cariied it back. "Is this enough?" She lay it beside the firepit and dusted herself off.

He chuckled a bit as he looked to her, seeing the size of the stack,"That should be more then enough." He said to her as he moved, patting the ground next to him,"Would you like some meat, this is a specialty of mine... won't find better in all of middle earth." He said, offering her some on a stick.

She smiled softly and took a small chunk. She peeled off a sliver and popped in her mouth. "Oh my goodness! That is good!" She licked the grease from her fingers before taking another bite.

He chuckled,"Thank you. I made this the day after my wife passed away." He said as he took a bite,"If... not for her urgings, I probably never would have been able to make this, or go on such a journey... or meet someone so lovely." He said, giving her a playful nudge as he ae, taking a sip from his canteen.

She gave him a small smile before her gaze turned serious again. She stared into the fire, occasionally taking bites of the meat. "So...what happened? If youbdon't mind me asking." She turned her head to him slightly.

He gave her a light smile,"She got sick..." He said with a soft shrug,"We couldn't figure out what it was... it wasn't easy, watching her go... but... she didn't allow us to be sad, or cry. She wanted us to be happy. Because she was happy, to live her life knowing such wonderful people." He said as he ate slowly,"I was lucky to love her. And She always said, that there were others out there who would need me... and I'd know when the time came..."

Lilliam nodded softly. "I'm sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could do." She finished her piece of meat and licked the grease from her fingers and lips. It was unlady like but she no longer cared about manners. She rubbed the marks on her wrists as they burned slightly.

He shook his head,"Don't be sorry. I'm not." He said to her, moving a bit and looking into her eyes,"She gave me a lot... and in the end, gave me more then I deserved. A second chance at love." He said with a nod before looking up at the sky,"Not many people can have two loves in a lifetime... and I'm just waiting to find my second one."

She shivered under the intensity of his gave. "I gave up on love long ago." She used a stick to idly poke around the fire. "Gave up on alot of things actually." She barely had the willpower to live in the orcs cature and a scar as the base of her throat proved that

He watched her for a bit,"You should never give up." He said gently,"Sometimes... it's the best thing to keep you going." He said as he lightly moved, getting a bit more meat,"If you give up... you never know what might happen. Who ymight meet... what you might learn..." He said as he took a bite of the meat.

She looked to him. "I had nothing to live for. No family, no husband...nothing. I lost faith in everything." A single tear escaped from her pale eyes. "I was lucky to have had the chance to escape. The orc party I was with was fixing to trade me off to the Urukhai."

He nodded,"Luck... fate... whatever you call it. It brought us here." He said, looking to her and seeing the tear. He moved and wiped it gently,"Either way, you escaped... and that's the important thing." He moved and lifted her chin softly, looking into her eyes,"I mean... if you hadn't... I wouldn't have met you..."

She smiled softly and sniffed. "That is true." She leaded forward and kissed the corner of his mouth. "I probably would have died if it weren't for you."

He gave a soft smile,"You never know." He said as he lightly pushed a bit of her hair behind her ear,"Life is full of many surprises... you just have to make sure to live long enough to see them." He said as he gave her a gentle hug, holding her close to him. It'd been so long since he'd been close to someone, he felt himself warming up a bit from the contact. But he was going to be a gentleman, wasn't going to push, or force, or ask. He would just be there for her.

She snuggled into his side and looked up at him. "Sion...would you be mad if I....nevermind." She blushed and turned her gaze back to the fire.

He gave a light chuckle,"You might as well ask now..." he said as he held her softly,"You've got me curious as to what you might want." He said as he watched the fire, noting the blush only lightly as he enjoyed the warmth and enjoyed the feel of the breeze.

Back
Top Bottom