Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

One ring to rule them all... (me x MiseryChord)

Ryu_Momochi

Supernova
A soft wind blew through the forest. The sound of silence was almost defening. His soft blue eyes looked up at the afternoon sky as he walked. It had been a long trip, he was supposed to take a message to Rivendell, and the trip was taking it's toll on him. His long black hair was tied behind him as he walked beside his horse. It was slowly starting to grow dark, and he was getting ready to set up camp for the night. He still had a few days journey before he arrived on the border of the elven lands, and the message was not of any particular urgence. So he could take his time. He tied his horse to a nearby tree as he moved, setting up his camp as the sky slowly began to grow dimmer. He started a fire and moved, sitting against a nearby tree, letting the warmth of it grow over him as he looked up at the sky. It was clear and calm. He smiled, at least he was safe for the night. Bandits weren't known to frequent these woods, so at the very least, he would get a good nights rest.

((don't expect them all to be this long. x3))

She ran, bare feet scraping over the rough terrain. She looked over her shoulder, long white blonde hair whipping around her dirty and bruised face. Her lungs burned as she fled the band of Orcs that were chasing her. A branch whipped across her cheekbone, splitting the skin. Her grey eyes were wide and wild with fear. She screamed as she was nearly trampled by a horse that was tied to a tree. It reared as she came very close to slamming into it.

He moved quickly as he heard a scream, seeing his horse rear up he moved, grabbing the reigns and calming her down,"Hey... hey..." he said in a soft voice as the horse calmed. He looked to the girl, standing between her and the horse now,"Who are you?" He asked softly, seeing the cut on her cheek and her bloodied feet. He could tell she had been running for a while,"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He said softly as he held out a hand for her.

She flinched away, tripping over her feet. She looked behind her, eyes searching for her pursuers. "H..help me please!" Her heart fluttered behind her ribcage like a frightened bird. "Orcs are chasing me." She looked up at him, eyes wide with fear, tears streaking down her bloodied cheek.

He nodded a bit before he looked behind her. His ears searching for sounds of persuers as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. It took a moment or two before he could see into the darkened forest. He could hear no orcs, so he figured she had outrun them,"I think you'll be safe." He said simply to the girl,"I don't hear any orcs out there... and they would be cursing up a storm trying to get through these woods." He said with a light nod as he moved, pulling out a small rag from his bag and pouring a bit of water on it,"Here... for your cheek." he said softly.

She reached out slowly and took the rag, holding it to her cheek. She hissed as it stung slightly. As she moved, the bruises on her wrists were visible, marring her cream colored skin. Similar marks covered her slim ankles and neck.

He looked around a bit more before looking back to her,"You should be safe... we're really deep in the forest, and as you probably felt while running, the brush is thick and tangling..." He said as he moved, pulling out a few bandages for her,"Come sit down... have some food..." He said to her,"I'm sure youre almost out of energy... and you're probably going to need it to bear the cleaning of your wounds..." he said softly.

She watched him closely, warily. Slowly, she stood and edged closer to him. "Wh...what is your name?" She removed the bloody rag from her cheek once the bleeding had slowed, nearly stopping. A bird called in the distance, causing her to startle violently.

He looked at her, moving her gently near the fire,"Sion." he said softly and simply, moving a bit as he looked over her cheek,"You?" He asked, moving and pouring some water on the rag, starting to gently dab at her scrapes and cuts as he looked at her, giving a soft warm smile.

"Lilliam." She answered softly. She was growing more accustomed to him and some of the tension in her muscles had dissapated. His touch was gentle, calming even. "Thank you for helping me. I do not know how I will repay you." The Orcs had held her prisoner for quite some time. She escaped while they were otherwise engaged. She had nothing to her name save for the dirty and torn shift she wore. It exposed a good bit of her pale skin.

He nodded softly as he continued to clean at her wounds, slowly letting the water slowly drip over her wounds. He moved softly away and poured clean water onto the rag once more,"You don't need to." He said softly,"I didn't really do anything besides be here..." He said with a gentle chuckle. It was true, he had just happened to be there at the moment.

She gave him a soft smile, life returning to her light grey eyes. "Well perhaps this will be enough thanks." She leaned over and placed a soft kiss to his cheek. Her cheeks flooded with color and she let out a giggle. As she pulled away, she pushed her hair behind her ears, revealing their softly pointed tips. Adjusting the skirts of her dress, she gazed into the fire. Every so often she would wince as he pressed a little too hard or touched a more tender wound.

He nodded softly. It was at least nice to have some company, even if it was just for the night,"Very well then." he said as she gave him a soft peck on the cheek. He hadn't seen an elf for a long time, so this was a good change. He finished bandaging her as he moved, grabbing a piece of meat from the fire and moving to her,"Here you go. It's not great... but it's good." He said with a soft smile.

She gave him a warm smile and pulled off a bit of meat, chewing silently. She ate slowly, occasionally looking over to him. "Sion...where are we exactly?" She had been in capture for so long she had forgotten the area. The trees here were thick and their trunks quite large. Their roots scattered over the dark soil. She had many bruises on her feet from them. Her ear twitched as she heard a branch snap nearby. Sion was seemingly oblivious to the sound.

He looked to her with a soft smile,"We are in the heart of the forest... somewhere near Rivendell." He said with a soft nod,"Where exactly, I cannot say though..." he said with a soft breath,"I am on my way there to deliver a message. Hopefully I can reach the elves in time. This message is of some importance I've been told." He said with a light smile as he sat by the fire.

She nodded softly as he spoke. "Would you mind if I rode with you to Rivendell?" She had visited there a few times as a child. Once in Rivendell she would leave him, no longer a burden to him. She finished eating and pulled her knees up, resting her chin on them. She looked over at him, noticing how handsome he looked in the firelight.

He gave a soft nod,"I don't mind." he said simply,"It would be nice to have some company, and I've been traveling for days in silence." he said as he took a deep breath,"And if I have an elf with me, I doubt I would be killed on sight." He said as he rubbed his eye lightly, taking a bit of meat and chewing it slowly.

She laughed lightly. The night air chilled her and she rubbed her arms for warmth. A soft yawn escaped her as she stared into the fire. "So Sion...why don't you tell me a little about yourself?"

He thought for a moment or two, before he spoke. He didn't know this girl, so the chances of him telling her everything wasn't very high,"Well..." He said softly as he moved, sitting against a nearby tree,"I am a messanger. From the lands of man." He said with a soft nod,"I must say... it's a very boring job, for the most part anyways." He said with a light chuckle.

She nodded. "I'm sorry I asked. I didn't realize how nosey that sounded." She gave a soft smile as she stared into the fire. Sighing, she pulled her knees up and rested her chin on them and wrapped her arms around them.

He gave a soft smile,"Don't worry about it." He said to her as he stretched, rubbing his shoulder lightly,"But I believe we should be safe for the night. Why don't you rest, and I'll take night watch." He said as he leaned back against the tree, slowly settling in a bit as he looked to her,"And I doubt anyone will be able to sneak up on us."

She nodded and bedded down. Her pillow was one of her slender arms but she was used to sleeping on cold stone floors so this ground felt like a luxury bed for her. She moved a bit closer to the fire for warmth and moves so she could watch him without him noticing. He was quite handsome and he intrigued her. Most Men didn't show sucj kindness as he had shown her.

A soft breath escaped his lips as he watched the forest around them. He was used to being on watch. Sometimes he would sing, or play some music, but the night was so still, he disliked to disturb it. He leaned against the tree as he slowly moved, looking at the fire, giving a gentle smile as he watched it dance for him, warming them both.

She smiled softly as she watched the firelight play over his face. "Sion, do you perhaps have an extra blanket?" Even with the fire she shivered softly since her ripped dress didn't cover very much of her lithe body.

He shook his head a bit,"I don't use blankets..." he said softly,"I apologize." he said as he put a bit more wood on the fire. He didn't usually stop for the entire night, so blankets weren't really needed. He moved a bit,"Most I can do is make the fire bigger for you. If that's alright." He said as he took a bite of some meat.

Back
Top Bottom