Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampire07

Pulsar
For certain jobs go this one was the trickest for Lillain even with a partner. It felt like years ago but in reality its been a few months since they have been working together. How they got together, it falls under who saved whose ass. There seemed to be a silent agreement after a few head butting that both have weaknesses that the other's strength backed up.

The sun was slowly setting in the West as Lillian rode her dark brown steed. In her hands were aged scrolls and her horse was following her friend's path so she was confindent enough to read while letting her friend take lead. Their job was to recover a family heirloom from a temple deep in goblin territory. The white haired woman looked through the old languaged scrolls still bit annoyed that she had to drag him out of the young woman's home. To lillian it looked like her partner was drooling and the woman was welcoming the attention with giggles, smiling, and flirting. On top of that Lillian didn't appreicate being ignored and spoke as his sidekick or assistant. Her once sparkling emerald green eyes had been dark since they left the Rosila Kingdom along with not communicating effectively letting him get into the trouble and work it out. Honestly there was a part of her who enjoyed seeing him get smacked around abit.

"The map isn't complete. Basically the woman gave us nothing to work with." She said rolling the paper up and placed it into the saddle bags. Lillian was human but raised among elves so she trained under them. She was an archer, knew herbs and could fight from horse back. Her weakness was fighting up close with larger weapons. Since she went out on her own in the world she shed her elven attire and went to the leather pants and clothed tunics though on her back was her bow and quiver of arrows. In her boots were long elven daggers from her brothers, elven brothers. Her baggy tunic often hid her large orange sized breasts and her naturally tiny waist there was very few times she had to use her body to get information but it never got to far to where she lost her virginity, just alot of oral on a man.

Kaiden and Lillian had been working alongside each other for only a few months now. It had never been typical of Kaiden to work alongside another, and even when situations called for it, the partnerships never lasted much longer than a few days. However, Kaiden and Lillian were two of a kind. They both were fighters, specialized in the arts of combat, yet both took a different approach than the other. Lillian's skills as an archer complimented Kaiden's role as a tank beautifully. What had started out as a brief partnership, only meant to last a couple days quickly turned into what could be a partnership for life. Both had saved each others asses more than either of them cared to count.

Kaiden rode ahead of Lillian on his white horse. He rode hansomely atop it, and made some added effort to look as good as he could. Kaiden was a human, tall muscular, yet not overly so. He had jet black hair with hazel eyes, and he donned on beautifully crafted heavy plate. It wasn't a bad set up at all for a fighter for hire, everything being a testament to the jobs he had both completed alone and with Lillian.

Having left Rosila Kingdom, they were left with a map. Kaiden let Lillian take hold of it. He was never much good at interpreting such things, yet another example as to why the two traveled with each other.

"Nothing, huh? After all that hard work we still get the shaft."

Kaiden breathed a defeated sigh. He didn't much care for the jobs where they were walking in, literally blind. Goblins were trouble, only because they enjoyed the element of surprise and ambush.

"Keep trying, Lil. There's got to be something in there."

Sighing as she stretched her arms above her head with her long snow white hair braided from her face. "I did find something interesting in her great grandfather's journal talking about how he came across the temple deep in the mountains. That man had a partner as he managed to grab the journal but not the necklace when he abandoned his partner when the goblins came." She said as she picked up the reigns when her horse snorted then stepped out from behind Kaiden.

Lillian often kept a form fitting dress in her saddle bag as a tool to get information when Kaiden couldn't. "The old map is rough but I imagine we can look our maps when we camp for the evening." She informed him while her horse trotted up to his side with his ears rotating as if listening to their surroundings. "Why did you say we'd take this...Rather lengthy, mysterious job?" She asked as she looked up at Kaiden. While he was built like a tank and he easily towered over her short slender figure she still had to look up abit when they rode side by side.

Kaiden slowed his horse just enough for Lillian to ride right beside him. He looked down next to her as she spoke of the journal. The entry she spoke didn't seem to be all that detailed, only relating the event of the heirloom being left behind. No clues as to the location. Something didn't sit right with Kaiden as he thought it over. If the necklace was truly important like they were led to believe, then surely more information would have been given to them. A location of the temple, for example. Kaiden breathed yet another sigh of defeat.

"I decided we should take this job because I felt the coin was too good to pass up."

Kaiden paused then spoke again.

"Hopefully a closer look without all this trotting around will yield us something we may have missed."

Kaiden sighed and continued his horse forward, keeping the pace with Lillian at his side. Ever since they had started working together, he had always admired her. Her skills were impressive, both as an archer and as a secretary of sorts to their jobs. But he admired her beauty as well. He had often entertained the thought of what it would be like to be with her. They had already been through so much, that he trusted her with his life.

Laughing softly as she adjusted in her saddle rubbing the curve of her toned rump. "Yeah also being able to just relax will be a change of pace." She said with a smirk before settling back in the saddle as their visit with the client didn't sit well with her from the beginning. While she stood back letting Kaiden work his magic with the woman Lillian just surveyed the house feeling something dark was there.

"Perhaps when we get close to a town I'll send a hawk to get some extra help from a friend." She alerted him that she did need help as she felt something was missing from all of this and it didn't sit well with her. "Who knows this necklace may havebeen taken and returned to the rightful place and we're being sent in to steal it." She said with a teasing smirk to Kaiden. True she had to admit he saved her ass a few times with his strength. There was one night their horses woke them up and she wasn't quick enough to get herdaggers by Kaiden yanked her away from an axe coming down at her head. From there he just threw her up into the trees since she was useless without her weapons she just grabbed hold of the branches and waited for the fight with the bandit to end. When she climbed down she did notice his hands gliding over her hips which caused her to fall back into his shoulder as her arm slipped around his neck. She blessed the gods that it was to dark for him to see her blushing a deep red.

Kaiden chuckled at her remark about stealing the necklace.

"I suppose that could be a likely possibility. I guess we'd have to see just how valuable that little piece of jewelry actually is if we get our hands on it."

Kaiden says with a smile. In truth, it seemed like their time spent with the woman and the old man had been all for naught. He wasn't a womanizer by nature, but he would do what he had to to extract information. This mostly involved sweet talking and his charm. Very rarely did it ever get physical. But nevertheless, there would be instances where a more hands on approach was needed.

Finally, a small comfortable town could be seen in the distance.

Lillian sat up abit seeing the small town up ahead. Their supplies were low and Kaiden made sure they had their own purses so if one was stolen then they weren't broke. Lillian had hers taken a few weeks ago but as shepounced on the guy it took Kaiden to easily lift her up by the back of her trousers and a gaurd lifting the theif up. Silently Lillian laughed as a smile appeared on her lips with her emerald eyes sparkling once more.

"Come on, Kaiden. Race ya." She said as she eased the tension of the reigns and her horse took off. It was like the horse was aching for a good solid gallop but when he felt tension on the reigns he knew he wasn't in control. Though Lillian leaned forward with the sounds of the hooves slamming into the well traveled road. She already had plans forming in her head on what she was needing to do to continue on with this job they had but little did they know they were half way through it.

"Always on the move..."

Kaiden said to himself before yelling out to her.

"No fair! You got a head start!"

Kaiden immediately put his own horse into a full on gallop. The gap between him and the town very quickly being closed, while distance between him and Lillian closed much more slowly. Both of them were good on horseback. Lillian was able to use her bow and arrow atop a horse and hit most any target. Kaiden on the other hand was good at mounted combat with a sword.

Kaiden was at a slight disadvantage with the race. Because he was a bit larger than her and also wore heavy plate, his horse wouldn't be able to go nearly as fast. That didn't mean that he wouldn't make the effort to catch up and win this friendly contest.

From time to time she like to horse around to ease things up on the jobs or between them. Shortly with them racing the limits of the small town she slowed up the horse to a trot then a walk. Smiling she slipped off the saddle and looked up seeing Kaiden riding up on his horse. "Took ya long enough." She teased him but she had to admit he was a handsome man but she never thought she was jealous of him when he used his ways to get information. Though she had to stop for a moment as it lingered in her mind.

"Uh Kaiden can I ask you something?" She spoke to him as a soft blush crossed her cheeks. "Do you ever get uneasy when I have to work the information out of some men?" She asked as her voice was soft with her looking up at him as the rush of wind knocked strands of her hair loose having it conceal her face. The towns people were out continuing on to their day to day lives of selling produce, services and children were running around.

Kaiden came in not too long after Lillian had. He too slowed his horse down to a trot. He couldn't help but laugh at her comment. It was part of their dynamic. One moment Kaiden could be giving her a hard time, all in good fun of course, and the next Lillian could turn it right around on him and she'd have all the fun. Right now, it was definitely the latter.

"Ha! Only because you cheated and got a head start on me. Had it been fair, you might not have turned out to be the victor."

Kaiden says with a grin, and dismounts his horse, landing right next to her, his body and armor making a very audible thud upon impact to the ground. Suddenly however, Lillian asked a question that he wasn't quite prepared for. It seemed to come out of nowhere, but then at the same time, it too seemed to have its relevance.

"Hey now. Why ask a question like that all of a sudden? Something been on your mind, Lil?"

"Curiousity of course." She said with her pulling the reigns over the horse's head looking at him seeing he had a shocked look on his face. Smirking as she grabbed her coin bag and tied it tightly to her belt. "I can't ask questions about how you feel about my way of getting answers? I'll remember that type of knowlege is off limits." Playfully she stuck her tongue out at him with her walking ahead of him with her horse following behind her. His long black tail swatting at his hindquarters with him nuzzling her back once in awhile.

Leaving Kaiden behind as Lillian ventured through the market purchasing fruit and some parchment which she wrote a note and she purchased a falcon that was trained. Tying the note to its leg she sent it flying off to one of her friends who was also traveling. Reaching around she grabbed her saddle bags and placed her horse in a stable while she went to a tavern where she spread the maps out looking over the boarders for over the century. It was confusing as the ink was faded in areas and there was little information on the necklace since there was so many trinkets out there with ablities.

Kaiden laughed once more. For all he knew, her question was a set up so that she could pull yet another little jab at him. There would be no way to know until later, but for now, that is what he thought it was.

"Well... I never said it was off limits. I was just curious why you were curious about it."

He says with a smile, walking with her for a short while. He too put his horse in the stable, and began to part with her.

"I'll meet you at the tavern when I am through."

And with that, Kaiden took off in the other direction. Lillian was off to get some rations and whatever supplies she need to contact... whoever. To be honest, he really had no idea who she was or would be contacting in the first place. All he knew what that she certainly had her quirks and tricks.

With that, Kaiden took off towards the nearest black smith and armor smith. The jobs that Lillian and him took on together was a great source of income, however the jobs often took a toll on their equipment. Weapons, armor, shields. It all needed repairs. Kaiden himself was actually a very competent armor and weapon smith himself. All he required from the vendor were several repair kids and components in order to do the work that needed to be done. He thought about Lillian's needs as well as far as repair kits were concerned.

After making his purchases, Kaiden exited the vendor. More time had passed than he had intended to. He spent too much time there, admiring some of the other wares that the vendor had. Nothing too spectacular really, but it always entertained Kaiden to take a look all the same. He made his way now towards the nearest pub, likely the only pub within this small town. Taking a step inside, he scans the area, looking for Lillian. Spotting her, he walks towards her table. Setting his purchases down on the floor beneath the table, he takes a seat next to her. Kaiden was leaned in relatively close to her, trying to get a glimpse at what she was doing.

"So. Find out anything new? Have we got anything to go on? Don't tell me all our efforts are for naught already..."

Lillian was so deep in thought when Kaiden entered the pub. What language is this? This doesn't make sense... She thought but when she heard the heavy metal hitting the floor she jumped only to look up seeing Kaiden stting very close to her. Looking away quickly with her blushing as it felt like she could feel his body heat coming off of him. "May be not. I mean there is a passage here yet I can barely translate it. It looks elvish but its not so I don't know what it is. I sent a falcon to Donte, the black hair elven man who gave us the maps of the centuar kingdom." She said with her looking at Kaiden.

"Rumor has it he was here a few days ago so I'm grambling he's going to be returning here to help us out." She said as she knew Donte when she was a child but haven't seen him since she was eight until the job with Kaiden dealing with Orc bandits. For the first time she felt her heart pounding in her chest when Donte yanked her up openingly taunting Kaiden that he couldn't protect anyone but his own ass. At times Lillian got the feeling Kaiden didn't get along with Donte after the taunt but she could be wrong. "I asked for help since he has a more varied knowledge of these lands and its secrets."

"Ah... him..."

Kaiden remembered this elf well, and he wished that he didn't. Kaiden wasn't so stuck up, but he had apparently given Donte the wrong impression on their first meeting. How, he didn't know at all. It must be an elf thing. Only an elf would make such off the wall judgments on a person. That was at least, the judgement in Kaiden's mind. He didn't have a high opinion of elves. Many that he met seemed to be a bit too 'wise' for their own good, to the point where it just seemed to make the other races angry.

"Well, let us hope he can provide us with the information we need to complete this thing. There's a whole helluva lot of coin riding on this for you and me."

He was certainly concerned about the coin yes, but he of course included her in the concern. It wasn't because of the taunt from Donte, no hidden agenda to prove him wrong or to prove to himself that he was not just a mercenary. He did care for her as a partner, an ally, and a friend. Perhaps even a little more than that, though even he would be blissfully unaware of this. For now, all that occupied his thoughts was the job, the coin, and that both Lillian and himself would be sharing the reward later.

Kaiden looked up toward the bar area and looked back at her.

"I'll be right back..."

It didn't take long at all for Kaiden to return, returning however with two pints of ale, one for Lillian and other for himself.

"Here. Take a load off. I think this should be appropriate until we get this whole thing figured out."

Lillian noticed the slight difference in his tone when he somewhat commented about him. Swatting his armored shoulder she smirked. "He's a good guy from what I remembered when I was a little girl." she said but with her looking at the scrolls letting him be concerned there was alot of gold on the line for this job. Once he came back with two pints of ale she rolled up the scrolls and placed them aside. "You're right. I'm no good for this job if I stress over it." She commented with her taking the ale from him with her smiling at him. "Thanks." Taking a sip of the ale she coughed slightly.

"After traveling with you I still haven't gotten use to the taste of ale." She said laughing with her looking in the brown water. Though she leaned closer to him seeing the large bag. "Ok it looks like you went on a shopping spree. What did you get?" She asked as his canvas bag was out of her reach unless she had to lay across his lap to get hold of it. At this point she tried to keep sexual encounters out of this partnership. To her it muddy things up but yet she got jealous when he wooed women in front of her even if it was to get information, she still got jealous.

The crowd in the pub was thin but with it getting later it was starting to fill up with travelers and farmers wanting to unwind. Though she always looked up as if they were being watched. Odd how she could never shake that feeling off since they left the woman's house a week ago.

"Oh, yeah... I'm sure he's a nice guy. He's just not so much of a nice guy with me is all."

Kaiden chuckles and nudges her back with his arm, then taking a swig from his mug, a portion certainly greater than the one that Lillian had managed to take. He sets it down on the table and nudges her once again.

"That's because you're too used to drinking... whatever prissy drinks the elves gave you. This stuff..."

Kaiden paused, lifting up his mug momentarily to take another swig, this one a little smaller than the last.

"...This stuff is where it's at, Lil. You're not traveling with me and not drinking this stuff."

He was joking with her of course, and the fact that he was already taking huge swigs from his mug meant the jokes would become more numerous. By now, Lillian was well aware of this fact of him. Despite all the jokes, Kaiden was usually good about not overstepping his bounds. He took notice however that Lillian seemed to be a little preoccupied. Her attention seemed a little scattered.

"Hey. You ok?"

Kaiden asks her, resting his hand on her shoulder.

With him commenting about her drinking prissy drinks while she was in elven care she rolled her eyes. "Yes, I'm fine just something feels off. I don't know what it is but something's been bothering me." She said softly as she drank more of the ale but nearly choked on it when a familiar voice filled her ears.

"Careful White Lilly. If you drink to much he may take advantage of you or sell you off." Donte had walked up with his long black hair tied back from his face with his blue eyes glaring at Kaiden. "I see you're still babysitting him."

"Enough!" She snapped as she even noticed the distaste for Kaiden in his tone. "I didn't ask for your help to start a fight or to taunt him....Thats my job." She said as she stood up spreading the scrolls out before the slender elven man who was an archer like she was but a better one because of his race.

Looking it over as Donte noticed the writing in faded ink. He could read it with ease but ooked to Lillian. "How did you find out about the Necklace of Amenri?" He was bit concerned since it was suppose to be ledgend of all races but Amenri was the name in elvish for Spell Binder but in witch craft it increases a person's casting to dangerous levels. "Abandon this quest." He said as he turned to wak away but looked over his shoulder at Kaiden. "I have no problem if you go on this suicide mission but don't drag Lilly into it."

Kaiden's eyes narrowed at the elven man. He already didn't like him, but now it was even worse. To start, Kaiden wasn't at all sure what he did to provoke him, but in the end now, he didn't care much to figure it out now. It was a lucky thing too that Kaiden hadn't had too much to drink. Though he was a fighter, he wasn't violent by nature. But if he had had any more to drink, he would have likely tried to put that damn elf in his place. He didn't say a word to Donte, however, for Lillian's sake.

When Kaiden was sure Donte was gone, Kaiden took yet another swig from his ale, then put it down.

"Damn. He ruined a perfectly good ale."

At that, Kaiden stood up and walked up toward the rooms, tossing a few coins in the direction of the owner. The pub doubled as an inn which was mighty convenient.

"I'll be upstairs."

At this pooint she had enough for the two acting like children but before she could say anything to Kaiden he was already moving as some of the townspeople watching them closely. Kaiden was stronger than she was and yet he left the bag there with her though she looked to a couple of farmers. "Excuse me, could you help me? My friend left his things here and I can't lift them. I'll pay you if you can take these things to his room."

"Aye, Missy." One red haired human male walked up with his two sons. All three werre tanned and looked to have worked in the fields all their life. The oldest son lifted the heavy bag up with ease while the youngest took her saddle bags. "Ye room?"

Thats right Kaiden got two rooms and she didn't know where hers was. "I don't know." She said softly but heard the barkeep yell out her room was right across from Kaiden's. Lillian was relieved they weren't going through room by room to find a vancant one. Paying the three men to help her she watched as they quickly followed Kaiden. The father called out to Kaiden before he reached his room while the oldest son placed the bag at Kaiden's feet.

"Your lady friend said you left these with her." The father spoke as his youngest son walked into the room across Kaiden's and pplaced the saddle bags on the bed then left with his older brother.

Outside Lillian tracked down Donte quickly as he was already out of the town. "Donte! You son of a ogre!" She yelled with her horse galloping up at him. "What do you have against Kaiden?" She growled at him as he laughed at her.

"You're young, Lilly. You wouldn't get it." He said but he was shocked she grabbed his reigns forcing him to a dead stop. There was a tug a war going on between their horses but he could see her horse obeyed only her.

"Understand that elves think lowly of humans because our life span isn't as long as yours? Yet I'm differnet because I got to see how your kind lived. I've thought it over after the first time you helped us! I'm tired both of you fighting!" She glared at him but he snatched the reigns back from her and he offered her a chance she never thought would come. Though she turned riding back into town when the sun was down and the tempature was slowly dropping when she reached the crowded pub. Her horse went back to the stables as she walked to her room but she didn't knock on Kaiden's room assuming he was asleep already. Feeling exhuasted she entered her room seeing her bags were there but shutting her door she began to undress while walking to her bed. Strangely she enjoyed being naked allowing the sun to warm her skin after a long day's swim but for the few months she's been with Kaiden that tradition was gone. Reaching her saddle bags she checked the contents and everything was there but there was one addition a note. It was the clue that brought everything together and more instead of running to Kaiden's room she let her hair loose then slipped into bed under the heavy blanket. After nestling down for the night she faced the door slowly falling to sleep.

Kaiden turned around at the door of his room as the farmer's son approached him. Bending over, taking the bag in hand, he nodded to the him and replied.

"Thank you."

Now he'd done it. He had been so frustrated about Donte that he had walked off without the bag. No doubt Lillian had recruited this boy to carry it up for her. He was likely going to hear about this in the morning.

"Here's a little something for your trouble."

Kaiden tossed him a couple more coins for the deed. He may have been a fighter for hire, but that didn't mean he wasn't an honest and kind man, something he was sure that Donte didn't get, even with all his so called 'wisdom.'

Unlocking the door to his room, he sets his stuff down at the foot of the bed. Kaiden was still donning his armor. It took several minutes, but finally Kaiden managed to remove every bit of armor from his person. All that remained was the chain mail beneath and his undershirt and garments. Removing them all, he tosses them in a pile at the foot of the bed with everything else. Kaiden crawls into bed completely naked and pulls the blanket over himself. He fell asleep several hours later.

When morning came Lillian was already up and had brushed their horses and tended to their hooves. Walking back inside into the pub she sat back at a table reading the note that was left in the bag. She doubt the farmer left it in the bag but she couldn't think o fwho left it aas the paper wasn't common and the writting was light and airy. "I hope he gets up soon. I don't like waking him up." She muttered as the bar maid walked over pouring her some hot tea which Lillian thanked her with a smile and a nod.

Reading the note once more as it described the necklace was a blessing and a curse. If used it may increase the power of the spell but the cost to use its power was someone's years of life. Putting the note away Lillian sat there with her eyes drifting to the open window to her left as it was the only source of light where she was sitting. The sun was warm on her clothed form but her hair was tied back in a pony tail with her mind drifting away on her morals on continuing on this job. She enojyed the jobs as they were beyond the norm of fighting bandits; she rested her chin in the palm of her hand while her fingers lightly the rim of the clay mug of tea. "What are we going to do, Kaiden?" She asked softly as if he was already there.

Kaiden awoke finally, his inebriation having gotten the better of him the night before, having him sleep in longer than he would have liked to. His eyes wandered to the curtain-drawn window. The sun was already up, and it was past time to be up and out of town. With a heavy sigh, Kaiden gets up and gets dressed, going through the long process of putting his armor, making sure everything was secure. When he was sure that everything was set, Kaiden exits his room, key in hand and tosses it back to the owner.

As soon as he walked down from his room, he could see Lillian. With his bags of equipment in hand, he made his way towards her, waiting til he was right beside her before he let her know that he was there.

"Sleep well, Lil?"

"Actually...No." She said as she looked up at him with a weak smile but decided to forget the note. Looking him over she noticed a strap that wasn't fastened on his left side. Smirking as she got up and stepped closer to him. "You can't dress yourself without help can you?" She asked with a light laugh with her stepping so close with her fingers tightening the strap then fastened it for him. Though she tucked it inside his armor before looking up at him. She wanted to tell him why Donte favored her over Kaiden but men seemed to understand men better than women trying to figure them out.

"I was up early and took care of our horses hoping to forget the throbbing headache." She said with her patting his chest before sitting back down figuring it was best to let everything go that happened last night. "How'd did you sleep?" She asked with her looking up at him from her chair. Staying there another day was out of the question as they had to keep moving if he was wanting the coins. "You also never told me what was in that canvas bag. Hiding a dwarf in there?"

Kaiden couldn't help but laugh as well. He let her buckle the strap he missed. This happened a lot more often than he cared to admit. It became more of a routine than anything else.

"I guess that's why I have you around."

He says with a chuckle, taking a seat right next to her at the table. He rested his arm on her shoulder, using as a makeshift arm rest.

"I slept alright. And just a dwarf corpse. Shhh."

Kaiden put his index finger to his lips. He followed it up with a grin. He was joking of course, and by now Lillian was well aware of his take on humor. It came with the territory of knowing each other for several months, and pulling each others asses out of the fire.

"It's repair kits and equipment for our weapons and armor. No sense in being ill-prepared for the worst."

While he leaned on her shoulder she playfully glared at him but it seemed to be their inside joke of her being smaller than him. Smiling as she moved his arm behind her onto the chair where she leaned her back against his side with her sipping on her tea while he joked about he had a corpse in there. She knew better to know he'd be carrying a body in public well a dead one. Though she looked up at when he mentioned it was repair kits for their armor and weapons. Smiling as she nudged him. "Taking care of me? And here I thought I was the one taking care of you." She laughed softly but the barkeep looked over at them seeing the pair sitting there.

"Excuse me. This came in last night by a dark hair elven man. He said this was for the white haired woman." He said as he walked over with a small bag and when he handed it to Lillian she noticed there was some weeight.

"Great..." She didn't sound excited about the gift or the mention of Donte. Dropping the bag to the floor as she just sat up against Kaiden just wanting to relax with the man she trusted with her life. Closing her eyes as she felt warm and safe up against Kaiden the reason why she told Donte no on being his companion on his travels. She didn't know the elf very well and he didn't fit the childhood image she had of him and she didn't like what she was seeing yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom