Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Musical Love (MysticSparxman & ReaperDouble0)

MysticSparxman

Supernova
Name: Dante Alexander.
Appearance: Dante Alexander
Personality: Dante is the type of person who likes to keep to himself, especially if he doesn’t know anyone. He is a friendly person who would do anything for his friends and those closest to him. He can also be quite protective of those he is closest to. Dante has a wicked sense of humour, and he enjoys winding up anyone he isn’t too fond of. He can also be quite judgmental, and sometimes he can be a little too trusting. Dante can also be rather easy to wind up too.
Likes: His guitar, playing his guitar, animals, good weather, going for walks along the beach, spending time with friends and family.
Dislikes: Being bored, lousy weather, people with an attitude, peanuts.

Today was a day that Dante wasn’t looking forward to at all. Today was the day in which he would be starting at his new high school, Belleview High. It was a Wednesday, and the time was around 8:30am when his alarm clock finally went off. His alarm clock was going off for a few moments before Dante finally stirred in his bed. Slowly, his eyes opened and he pushed his blankets down to the bottom of his bed. As soon as he had done this, he sat up in bed, swung his legs off the side of his bed and got to his feet. Rubbing his eyes, he walked over to his closet, pulled it open and took a look inside. He looked inside his closet for a few minutes as he tried to figure out what he was going to wear. It didn’t really take him too long to figure out what he was going to wear. In the end, he pulled out his black and blue silky shirt, and he also pulled out a pair of black cargo pants. Of course, he made sure not to forget his socks and boxers, and when he had all of his clothes, he turned around, walked out of his closet and bedroom and made his way down the hall and into the bathroom.

He reached the bathroom a few moments later, and he was about to knock on the door to see if anyone was in there when he noticed that the door was slightly ajar. Stopping just in front of the door, he pushed it open slowly and took a look inside. He felt slightly relieved when he noticed that no-one was in the bathroom. It meant he would be able to shower without being disturbed, or so he hoped. Walking into the bathroom, Dante closed the door behind him, and locked it in the process. After doing so, he turned around to face the shower in the left corner of the bathroom. Walking over to it, he set his clothes down on the toilet seat, and also made sure that there were spare towels ready for him to use. When he could see that there were actually some spare towels, he turned back to the shower, opened up the shower door and reached inside. Dante then pressed the power button to turn the shower on, and then he turned the dial clockwise until the water had reached the desired temperature. He held his hand under the stream of water until he could feel that it was at the right temperature. ”Ah, that’s just about right.” He smiled a little as he pulled his hand out from underneath the stream of water. Afterwards, Dante proceeded to get out of his bed clothes, and then he climbed into the shower. He closed his eyes and tilted his head back slightly, smiling as he did so as he felt the warm stream of water hitting his head and cascading down his body. He opened his eyes a moment later, and he couldn’t help but feel much more alert now that he was in the shower. He always did whenever he had a shower. Dante reached for his favourite Lynx Africa shower gel, and washed himself with it. After rinsing off the shower gel, he proceeded to wash his hair soon afterwards, and then he remained in the shower for a further twenty minutes after he had washed both himself and his hair. Dante always liked to take his time in the shower. Always had done, and it was likely he always would too. When he felt as if he was finally done in the shower, he pressed the power button to turn off the shower, and he waited until the stream of water had stopped before he decided to climb out. After climbing out, he reached for a nearby towel that was on the towel rack, and wrapped it around his waist. With one towel wrapped around his waist, he picked up another towel, and used that one to dry his hair. Dante then walked over to the bathroom window and opened it up wide enough to let in some air into the steam filled bathroom. Turning back around, Dante dried his hair, and as soon as his hair was dry, he threw the wet towel into the laundry basket. He dried the rest of himself off soon afterwards, and after doing so, he got dressed into the clothes that he had managed to pick out for himself earlier. After throwing the second towel into the laundry basket, he turned and walked over to the mirror. He wiped off the steam that had gathered on the mirror, and then he picked up his comb and started to brush through his short wavy blue hair. After doing so, he looked at his reflection in the mirror. People often found it hard to believe that his hair was naturally blue, but it was. Dante had only recently turned nineteen, and he stood at a height of 6ft2, and his eyes matched the colour of his blue hair. His skin was slightly tanned, and because of how much he liked to keep in shape, he had a slim, yet somewhat muscular build. As soon as he had gotten dressed, and as soon as his hair was the way he wanted it, he walked out of the bathroom.

Once out of the bathroom, he headed back down the hallway and stopped off at his bedroom. Walking back inside, he walked over to his bedside table so he could pick up his phone, car keys, wallet and MP3 player. Before he walked back out of his bedroom, he slipped on his black and blue trainers, and then just as he turned to walk out of his bedroom, he picked up his backpack and his guitar case that held his blue and black electric guitar. His guitar was one of the things he loved more than anything, and because of the time he would often spend by himself, he had managed to learn to play his guitar rather well. He had been playing the electric guitar since he was a young boy, and he had gotten very good at it. Dante had to save up to buy his latest and best guitar, which was the blue and black electric guitar he currently had.

Slinging his backpack and guitar case over his shoulder, Dante turned and walked out of his bedroom. He made his way down the hallway and down the stairs. He stopped when he reached the bottom of the stairs, and he glanced down the hallway towards the kitchen. He sighed softly to himself and shook his head as he could hear his parents in the kitchen, doing what they would normally do so early in the morning. As usual, they were taking some more alcohol out of their fridge. Shaking his head once more, Dante picked up his black, blue and silver jacket and then he made his way out of the front door, closing it behind him. There was a small smile on his face as he walked over to his black and red mustang boss. Aside from his guitar, his mustang was the other thing he loved more than anything. Pulling out his keys, he unlocked the car and then he put most of his stuff in the backseat. However, he set his guitar down in the passenger seat. When he had everything in his car, he climbed in himself, closed the door and started up the engine. For a few moments, he just sat there and listened to the engine as it had started up. After a few minutes, he finally shifted the car into gear and pulled out of his driveway. Soon afterwards, he started the drive towards his new school.

The entire journey to his new school took approximately twenty-five minutes, and that was without the early morning traffic. Dante slowed his car down as he saw the school up in the distance. ”Hmm, so this is Belleview High.” He looked up to the school as he got closer to it. He slowed his car down even more as he finally reached the school, and then he pulled into the parking lot in an attempt to find himself a parking spot. This took him a few minutes, and as soon as he had managed to find himself a parking spot, he pulled into it and shut off the engine of his car. Removing the keys from the ignition, he reached for his guitar as he got out of his car. Slinging the guitar case over his shoulder, Dante got the rest of his stuff out of his car. After he had locked up his car, he took one more look back up to the school before he started to make his way from the parking lot and into the school itself. Dante paid no attention to any of the other students walking through the halls of the school. Instead, he moved through the halls in an attempt to find his locker, which he had already been assigned. It took him a few minutes, but he was eventually able to find his locker, and when he did, he input his code, unlocked his locker, and then he threw in most of the books he wasn’t going to need. After doing so, he closed up his locker and started to look around, mainly because he wasn’t too sure as to where he needed to go for his first class.

Name: Lyra Denosis
Appearence: Something like this
Personality: Lyra is the kind of person that constantly seem glad. She smiles a lot, laugh a lot and just enjoy life. If something sad happens, she keeps it in her head instead of worrying others. She usually cares more about other people's problems more than her own, usually to a level where it gets annoying.
Likes: Music and singing, being around others, talking, sometimes she drinks some coffee, although it's mostly when she's sleepy. She loves more or less anything with strawberries in it.
Dislikes: Rude and/or mean people, music-haters, tomatoes and dubstep.

((I'm sorry if I mess up 3rd person a little, I usually RP in 1st or 2nd .-. ))

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The clock was about 1AM. Lyra was in her bedroom, more specifically in front of her laptop. The icons down at the toolbar was telling that she was listening to some music on spotify, was using skype, and had a few websites open. The laptop wasn't one of the most expensive you could get, but it wasn't cheap either. It had costed her about 1 000 dollars, and she had to pay for it herself. But it was alright. The ASUS-laptop was fast-working, had few issues and it came with most of the Adobe-programs. The reson Skype was open was because she had been talking to the lead guitarist in the school-band for a while now, and it looked like the conversation would last for a while. The conversation went like this;

Lyra: Just asking, have you started talking guitar-classes again?
Felix: No, why?
Lyra: Well, I just felt that ... How should I put this ...
Felix: Just say it already -.-
Lyra: Sorry to say this, but if you don't start again, I guess we'll have to find a new person to play as lead-guitar. You're holding us back ya'know.
Felix: Is that so? As far as I can remember, you've been holding us back a bit as well.
Lyra: -Sigh- I've been sick. What do you expect me to do, come to the school, infecting everyone with my cold? I don't think so, and what I mean is that because of you, we can't continue over to more advanced songs. Tony already know about 10 of the songs I've been considering, and it's the same with Lisa.
Felix: Why do you expect so much of us? It's just a school-band lol.
Lyra: Well, if you don't care more than that, I guess I'll just find someone else to play as lead guitar then.
Felix: Fine, you know what, I don't give a single fuck about who it ends up with because I know you won't find anyone at my level.
Lyra: Pff, at your level? Even I can play better than that, and I haven't had help with it like you had. I learned what I can myself.
Felix: I'd like to see that, I bet you suck.
Lyra: If you're just going to be pissed at me, then fine, do whatever you want. You know, I'm just trying to do what's best for the band. Goodbye. I can't wait to see your face when I find someone, and he kicks your ass.
<Felix has left the conversation>
Lyra: Idiot...
<Lyra has left the conversation>

Lyra felt mean the rest of the night. It wasn't like her to be like that against others, but Felix had pissed her off. It was really not like her. Normaly, she would have sorted it out in a respectful way instead of flaming at him like she did. She looked at the clock. It was almost 2AM now. She push away from the writing-desk and starts stripping off her current clothes. The white tank-top and the shorts was folded together before she put them on the black chair she had been sitting on. Then she laid down under the sheets, hoping to get some sleep. It didn't happend before about 5AM.

The next day

The alarm-clock made it's normal sound. The squealing sound was ringing through Lyra's ears as she leant over to the watch to turn it off. She was so sleepy she was tempted to just lay down under the sheets again and get a few more hours of sleep. But she didn't. She sat up on the side of the bed, more tired than she would have been if the conversation with Felix hadn't ended so roughly. The phone was laying on the nightable. The icon that used to flash when she got a new message did it's job. She opens the message and starts reading. There wasn't much to read really, just some nonsense from Felix about her beeing a backstabber. Then she went over to her mail. Nothing interesting, only a ton of messages like "Felix Ichansar has removed you from his friend-list on facebook" and so on. Lyra close the phone and grabs the morning-coat hanging on the wall in the rather big house. She pulls it on before walking over the bathroom to take a shower. She strip off her underwear and turn on the water, hoping it would wake her up a little. When the water felt like it was hot enough, she stepped inside and started to wash her shoulder-long hair.

An hour later, she was sitting in the dinning-room, eating some yogurt. There was bread and such in the house, but it didn't feel like a bread-day. No, it was yogurt-day today. It was just a boring Vanilla-yogurt, but it still tasted good. After she was done eating, she washed out of the plastic-cup, and then threw it in the plastic-can. After she got out of the shower earlier, she put on a pair of skinny jeans and a white blouse. "Damn, I had to take the bus today..." I murmur as I pick up my backpack. My brother was currently borrowing my car because of something 'really important'. In other words, he probably tried to impress a girl, and I said yes of course, being the way to friendly little sister that actually had enough knowledge in my head to save up money before I got my license. I walk down to the bus-stop, still tired. I look down at my simple white shoes. The black jacket felt heavy on my shoulders as I waited for the bus to arrive.

35 minutes later, the bus stopped on the bus-stop before the one by Belleview. The only reason Lyra went off the bus before the school, was because the Starbucks on the way there. She was so sleepy on the bus that Yashiro, an exchange-student from Japan had to shake her shoulder several times just to keep her awake. She got off the bus and went over to the Starbucks with a sleepy expression on her face. She bought a coal-black coffee and started walking towards the school. The coffee tasted horrible, but it woke her up properly at least.

People were rushing through the hallways of the school like always. It wasn't anything new. It wasn't that big, but it still had quite a lot of students, more than it probably should. The teacher told us that there was going to be a new student in our class today. Lyra was curious to see what kind of person it would be. The school had all kinds of people. From sports-geeks to nerds, emos to lolicons and so on, so it was always interesting to see where new people fit in. But Lyra had bigger issues of course. She needed a new lead-guitar. It was too limited what you could do with one bass-guitar, a set of drums and a rhythmical guitar. But, there was nothing she could do before the break after first class. As she walks up to it, Lyra notices someone standing just by her locker. She took off her backpack as she walked up to the lockers. "Hey, you're the new boy, right?" She asked the boy as she unlocked her own locker.

As he stood by his locker, trying to figure out where he needed to go to get to his first class, Dante started to wish that he had thought to ask one of the many students for directions to his class. The only real problem he had with that was the fact that he wouldn’t often talk to many people that he didn’t really know. Sure, he may have been assigned a locker, but that didn’t mean he had been told how to get around the school. Of course, he thought it would have helped him out a great deal if that had been one of the only things he had been told. He thought so anyway as it would have prevented him from feeling as if he had managed to get himself lost. Dante did consider heading back down the hall in an attempt to find the reception area, but there was something telling him that wouldn’t be such a good idea. This was simply due to the fact he was able to imagine himself getting lost in the halls somewhere, and that was something that he would rather have avoided. It was just the way he was when it came to people he didn’t really know. Strangely enough, he was fine talking with people that he had gotten to know, but he wasn’t so good with new people. Dante figured he would have to find his new class by himself, even though he had a feeling that was going to take a while.

He was still trying to figure out which way he should be going when he heard a voice just beside him. Because he had been trying to figure out which way he should be going, he hadn’t seen the female walking up to her locker that happened to be right beside his own. As soon as he heard her voice, Dante turned to face her, and it took him a couple of moments to realise what she had just asked him. When it finally registered, he nodded his head to her question. ”Ummm….yeah, that’s me. Is it really that easy to tell?” He smiled a little bit before he adjusted the guitar case that was slung over his shoulder. ”My name is Dante….and who might you be?” He asked in a somewhat curious tone. It was at this point that he started to wonder if she was a new student too. ”Are you new here too? Or is it just me? Anyway…umm…do you know where my first class might be? Because I honestly have no idea where I’m supposed to be going.” He had a genuine look of confusion on his face as he had started to look around once again. Dante didn’t know where he was supposed to be going, and he was beginning to get the feeling that he was going to be late to his first class of the day if he couldn’t figure out where he had to go and soon.

((If you feel more comfortable writing in 1st or 2nd person, then please do go right ahead. You don't have to write in 3rd person just because I am. :) By the way, I'm sorry my post is so short))

((Your post-length is alright! And no worries, if I keep on writing in 3rd, I will master using all three points of view!))

Lyra starts opening her locker, opening the simple padlock. "Just you, I've been around here for about 6 months" She opens her locker. "But you're in my class I think" She leans over in a rather annoying way, in other words; She lent over so the back of her head was covering Dante's vision. "Yup, you're in my class!" She says enthusiastically. It was probably the coffee's fault. "We got Biology the next class, and then music." It takes a short moment before she realize that she had been blocking Dante's vision the whole time. "Oh, sorry. I didn't realize before now, I'm a little sleepy today" She leans away from his locker and back to her own. "We'd better hurry though, class is starting in... 1 minute!" Lyra quickly pull out her books, then takes Dante's. She lay them on top of her own, then lock her locker, and then slam in Dante's locker. "The teach is going to be mad if we're late!"

Lyra lay her hand around Dante's wrist and start halfway running towards the biology-room, pulling Dante with her. "My name is Lyra by the way, I'm in the same class as you, so we're probably going to have most of our classes together" She turns to the left, all though a note said that the biology-room was in the other direction. "No worries, I know what I'm doing. If we ran to the right, we would run into a bunch of sports-geeks, and that would hold us back because they are constantly more hyped up to talk with me than going to their own classes." She finish as she takes two quick right-turns. The biology-teacher was walking towards the biology-room. "We can still make it!" Lyra adds a bit of speed to the fast walking. The teacher was only a few meter away from the door now. But we made it just in time. "Phew, lucky there... Here's your books Dante. Just find an open seat." Lyra push Dante's books into his hands before she walks over to an empty chair leaning up to the left wall, 3 seats from the blackboard. The chair besides her was empty.

((My own post got short as well, I got a math-test tomorrow, so I got to go read for it.))

((Ah yes, that's definitely true. ^^))

It really came as no surprise to him when Lyra told him that he was the only new student at the school. It wasn’t very often that more than one new student would start on any one day anyway. Well, Dante certainly didn’t think so anyway. Of course, he knew there was the chance that he could be wrong. Still, even though he appeared to be the only new student who was starting today, he did feel grateful that he had managed to meet someone like Lyra already. After all, she did seem like a nice, friendly person. She seemed like just the type of person Dante had been hoping to meet. When she had told him that he was in her class, not only was he about to ask which class that was, but he was also going to ask her if she would be able to show him where that class was. He found it hard not to laugh as she blocked his vision when she had been leaning over to her locker. Dante smiled and shook his head as she apologized when she realized what she had been doing. ”Oh no, there’s no need to apologize. It’s not as if you knew your head was in my way. You were leaning across me to get to your locker after all.” He flashed her a smile before thinking some more about the classes they were going to have. He did like the idea of the class after Biology though. ”Music should be fun.” He smiled, but then his eyes widened in surprise when she told him they had to get to their class in on minute. He had no idea how they were going to manage that at all.

There was a smile plastered across his face as Lyra had wrapped her hand around his wrist and started to run with him towards their class. Of course he had no idea where the classes were going to be, so he was more than happy to let her lead the way. ”Well, it’s really nice to meet you Lyra. I’m really grateful for you helping me out like this as there’s no chance in hell that I would have managed to make it to this class without someone showing me the way. I probably still would have been looking for the class halfway into the lesson.” He laughed a little bit as they had finally managed to make it to the class after taking a left and then two right turns. Dante made sure to memorize the directions they had to take. He couldn’t help but sigh with relief when he noticed just how close they had come to being late. Stepping into the classroom, Dante watched Lyra walking over to an empty chair over by the window. A few seconds later, Dante walked over to the chair beside hers. Pulling out the chair, he set both his backpack and his guitar case down on the floor, and then he sat down in his chair. After doing so, he set his books down on his desk, and then he turned his attention back towards Lyra once more. ”Since I have absolutely no idea as to what classes I’m going to have, and since you say we are probably going to have most of our classes together, can you tell me what other classes we are going to have together? I am looking forward to music though. That’s always fun.” He said as he waited for the rest of the students to show up.

((Swapping to 1st person because I write replies faster than and I find it easier, I hope you don't mind :) ))

I smile a little as I see Dante sitting down right besides me. The teacher got into the room wearing a pair of black pants and a white shirt that was put down into his pants. His hair was white, and he was wearing glasses."Good mornin everyone" He started as he walked over to the desk in the center of the front in the room. "My name is still Michael. Please open your books at page-" He was about to open his own book to check what page-number it was. He usually had tags on the pages he was going to use for each day. But, how would he be able to continue without his precious book? he couldn't of course. "Umm... Just read till I get back, it shouldn't take long" He leaves the room, and I smile. I start to look out of the window. I wanted to check what car he was driving today. I see him walk into some veteran-car. "Aaand we got an hour off!" I yell out in the classroom. Everybody yelled out things like 'Yes!' or 'yeah!' and so on. People started to take out stuff like laptops or phones. Some had homework to do though, so they usually started with them. I had all my homework done already. I did them on Monday, and it was Thursday now. I turn over to Dante again. "His name is Michael Bronsky. He is half Russian, all though he reminds more of an american. He is 67 and he's already getting senile. On a high level as well. But don't worry about that. As long as you do all the homework he gives us, you should be fine on tests and so on. He lives quite a while away from here, so we got the class off to say it like that." I finish. "Now, what to do..."

"I know, let's go around and look at what other people do! We are probably the biggest freak-show of the school, so it got to be fun!" I say enthusiastically as I pull him up and pull him with me, but more gentle this time. I start out by going to the back of the class. I walked up to a girl sitting behind the desk with a clearly expensive headset. "Hey Anna. What are you doing?" I ask as I look at her. "I'm finishing SAO." She say to me. I just look at her. "SAO?" I ask, not understanding. "It's an anime. I was planning on watching it while it was airing, but I didn't have time" She say before she turned back to the cartoon on her phone. She didn't look exactly strange, but not normal either. She had black hair that went halfway down her back, had a pretty face, even though she didn't wear any makeup, and she was wearing a black T-shirt and a pair of slightly baggy jeans. The only strange thing about her was her height. She was only about 4'8, which made me constantly look down at her. I take a few slow steps away from her. "Have fun then..." I say to her before I turn away. "I will" I hear from behind. "As you might understood, her name is Anna. To say it like this... She's just as much of a slacker as all of us other, but she's still so smart that if you lost a discussion with her, you'd feel so verbally buttfucked you'd hide under your sheets for a couple weeks" I smile as I walk over to someone else. "But she's really good at playing drums though" I walk over to the next person on my list.

"Hey Tony, what's up?" I ask him, smiling at him. I was still holding around Dante's wrist. "New kid, huh? You'll fit straight in, no worries. I was just finishing up my new project" He laughs a little. "You bother taking out the lights for a short moment?" I nod and walk over to the switch and turn it off. People looked arround confused. Tony was wearing the mic the teacher usually used when he was teaching. "Now, I present to you... Soap" He said. The american national song started playing. And when he started singing, it was about... Something else than what the original was about. It was about... Soap of course. He nailed the song perfectly with his dubbed lyrics. I laugh my ass off through the entire play. When he finish, I put on the lights again. "That. Was. Awesome!" I say to him, still catching my breath from the laughing. I noticed that even Anna smiled a little. I sat down on one of the desks. "Now, Dante... You think you'll fit into our little freak-show?" I ask, smiling at him. The class had more or less every kind of person you could imagine. People that taught too much about how they looked, people who cared too little about how they looked, otaku's like Anna (All though they were sitting in another end of the room) video-gamers, sports-geeks, nerds and bullies, and just general clowns like Tony.

((Anna Just with the clothes I described.))
((Tony))

Dante had sat and watched as the teacher had come into the room and introduced himself. Well, he had introduced himself to Dante anyway, considering the rest of the class already knew him. Dante was about to open up his book as the teacher had instructed, but then he had stopped as the teacher hadn’t given them a page number to open their books up to. Letting his book close, he leaned back into his chair as he watched the teacher leaving the classroom. Of course, he didn’t really think the teacher was going to take too long, mainly because he had said that he wouldn’t take too long. It was why he had turned the focus of his attention back towards Lyra as she had suddenly yelled out that they had an hour off. There was something of a confused expression on Dante’s face. Well, at least there was until Lyra went on to explain how their teacher was already getting senile. This only made him laugh, but he nodded his head when she told him that he would be okay if he just did the homework that would be set for him. Dante didn’t really have too much of a problem with doing homework. He was the type of person who would normally do his homework the same night he would get it. That way, it would give him more time to do what he wanted to do as soon as it was done, and he wouldn’t have to worry about feeling rushed to do it. In his opinion, it would normally produce better work that way. Well, that was what he thought anyway. ”Oh, you won’t have to worry about me too much when it comes to homework. I normally get it done the same day I receive it. That way, it gives me more time to do what I normally like to do without the worry of rush around getting it done.” He smiled a little bit as he had said this to her.

Since he was going to be having most of his classes with her, Dante saw no problem in getting to know the people that were going to be in his class. At least he didn’t see a problem with getting to know the people that Lyra seemed to know. He had a look of intrigue on his face as she first pulled him over towards Anna’s desk. That look soon turned to confusion as she told both him and Lyra what she was doing. Of course Dante didn’t really know the anime that she was watching. Sure, he had seen a number of different animes, but he hadn’t seen the one that she had mentioned. He chuckled a little at her comment about how he would feel if he ever lost a discussion with her. ”Well that certainly is one way to put it.” He laughed some more before raising an eyebrow a second or so later at the mention of the girl being really good at playing the drums. It was shortly after this that she had led him over towards one of her other friends. From the brief conversation that followed, Dante was able to learn the name of her friend, but that really was about it before the lights in the classroom had been turned off. As Tony had stepped up to the front of the class, Dante found it hard not to laugh at the American national song that was sung with a slight twist. He hadn’t really heard anything like it before, but there was no denying that it was actually really funny. Dante was still laughing a little bit even as the song had finished, but he was finally able to stop laughing as soon as Lyra had asked him her question. Looking back to her, he smiled once again and nodded his head. ”Yeah, I think I can manage that. I don’t think fitting into this freak show as you call it should be too hard.”

As soon as he had said this, he returned to his desk where he had left his guitar case. Picking up his guitar case, Dante turned back around and walked back over towards the desk where Lyra had sat. When he got there, he sat down on the desk beside hers, and then he set his guitar case down on the desk. After doing so, he opened it up and pulled out his guitar, and also the cloth that was contained inside the guitar case. After doing so, Dante set the guitar case back down on the floor, and then he started to carefully clean his guitar. As he was doing this, he turned the focus of his attention back towards Lyra once more. ”So, is every class like this?” He asked in a curious tone. ”Does every teacher just go off like….umm…..what’s his name?” His eyes met with hers briefly before he turned his attention back to his guitar as he continued to clean it.

"Nah, mostly just him" I reply calmly. I start studying the guitar Dante pulled out from his guitar-case. It wasn't over the top expensive, considering it was an Ibanez, but it wasn't directly cheap either. It was something in between. I could see he used metal-strings as well. Nylon would just be messed up when he had a guitar of decent quality. I smile a little to myself, entirely in my own world. I was a little caught up in the idea of having him play in the band. I didn't know if Dante was good or anything, but I had a strong feeling he was. Just that he took his time cleaning his guitar told me that he cared for it. Multiple thoughts was floating through my mind. Was he good? Did he play often? Did he have any interest in joining the band? The best way was probably just to ask him straight out, but what if he said yes and then sucked... It was a hard one. I decided I'd rather wait for him to play something before I actually made a move at all when it came to the band-part.

The class passed quickly. The teacher got back about 5 minutes before the class was over, so there was no real point in him starting to talk about our current subject. As the class end, I pick up my books and get ready to leave. I decide to wait for Dante a little instead of just leaving right away. I ended up talking to Anna a little about an idea we had in our heads for a while about all four... Well, three of us now would rent a apartment so that we could easier play together. But, finding a cheap, preferably sound-isolated apartment with at least two rooms, preferably four, wasn't exactly easy when we still would have to be able to pay for it, and we would of course need a living-room, a kitchen and a bathroom as well. Anna had been looking for a while the last night without any positive results. I try to cheer her up, all though she usually outsmarted me in every single way I tried. It didn't take her more than a few words either. "I'm just trying to cheer you up..." I murmur to her. "I know" She said simply before she walked away. That girl would always freak me out. No doubt. I turn back towards Dante to see if he was going to come soon.

((Sorry for the short reply. I'm a bit distracted with my real life, and I'm tired as well.))

Of course, the only reason Dante had decided to clean his guitar was due to the fact that the class basically were left to their own devices as their teacher had gone off to figure out which page they would have needed to turn their books to. Dante couldn’t really figure out why their teacher would need to go home to do this, but at the same time, he wasn’t going to complain. Sure, he wasn’t the type who would normally skip out on a class, but he wasn’t going to complain if they were to get a free lesson, which was basically what this had become. As he had been cleaning his guitar, Dante made sure to take his time with it. There again, he normally would take his time with cleaning his guitar. It was just the way he was really. For the time being though, he just intended to clean the guitar, but later on, he intended to play it. Of course, he thought it would probably be a better idea to wait until whenever they would all get their lunch break. That way, he figured he would be able to go to the music studio or music hall, depending on what the school had. He didn’t really care either way. He was just hoping that either the music studio or hall would be free, and this was simply due to the fact that he wouldn’t normally play in front of people he didn’t know too well. Does this mean that he would have played for Lyra if she were to ask him? Dante didn’t really know, mainly because he hadn’t bothered to think about it. The chances were unlikely though, considering he didn’t know her all that well just yet.

Dante was cleaning his guitar for most of their free period. He finally finished around ten minutes before their teacher returned to their class. He managed to get his guitar back into its guitar case a few minutes before the teacher had walked back through the door. Returning to his desk, he picked up his bag and slung it over his shoulder. He also put his guitar case over his shoulder, and he was about to walk out of the class when he saw Lyra talking to her friend. Dante waited until Anna had walked off before he finally walked out of the classroom himself. He moved to Lyra’s side a second later as he really had no idea where they were going to be headed next. Dante looked up and down the halls before turning the focus of his attention back to her once more. ”So, where to next?” He asked in a curious tone. ”And wherever we are going, you may have to show me the way, because I will probably only end up getting lost if I try to get there myself.” He paused for a second soon afterwards as he seemed to be thinking something over. ”Oh, I’ve been meaning to ask if you know where the music studio or music hall is around here?” Dante was hoping that she would know where either was located, considering she had been at Belleview High a little longer than he had. He also had no idea that she may have known where the music studio or hall was because he didn’t know that she was the lead singer in the school band. It was just like he didn’t know they were looking for a lead guitarist either.

((Don't worry about it too much. Just respond with whatever you can. ^^))

I smile a bit as I see that Dante walked over. I started to like him. His personality really fitted him. At least I taught so. Not that it had much to say, considering that most people fitted their personalities. There wasn't many people I knew that I could compare him too though. I didn't know many people that didn't fit their personalities. We had the 'I'm not gay, I'm fabulous!' guy though. Well, had. He moved after being pushed around and called gay. I didn't see any problem in being gay really, but what did I know? I had read in a newspaper that girl-sex was a lot more usual than boy-sex, but where did I stand in that mess? Meh, I was fairly sure I was straight, and that was good enough for me. I was in doubt that I would find any problem in loving a girl instead of a guy, but it was probably something in my brain that decided what gender you was attracted to. But what did I know about that? I never really paid any attention in the science-classes, and I didn't want to ask Anna. I would have to purchase some painkillers before I asked her though, if I ever were to do it of course. She'd probably start all the way back to earth's creation, and I didn't want to hear about how Adam and Eva (I don't know if that's the names used in England, but meh. You get what I mean) made the first set of children and then mated with them a couple hundred times and then their children would.. Yeah... I should probably end this mental discussion there...

"As I said earlier, the next class is music. There's no rush though. the teach is friendly and all, and he's probably the most respectful of the entire teacher-stab. Most of the staff is friendly, there's nothing about that. It's just that he's the most friendly and all" I hold out my hand for Dante and take his. I walk over to the lockers and put my biology-books into the locker before I pull out my music-books and lay them in a black bag I usually kept in the locker. "Now, let's go to the music, mister guitar-boy" I smile as I start walking towards the music-class. I do a longer way this time as well. This time, it was some bullies behind me and Dante. "Just hang with me for the next few days. Then you'll learn what ways to take and what ways not to. Those guys are waiting for the math-class over there to end so that they can find a fitting target. I doubt they would dare to attack you, considering how fit you look. You might want to be a little careful though." I say. I make sure Dante is looking at me instead of the bullies as I notice one of them had a set of knucklers on his right hand. He was probably not going to do anything, but I still got chills down my spine as I saw them. I make sure to walk a tiny bit faster just to get away from them before they looked at me and Dante.

"Aaand we're here!" I say. I was standing in front of a door that had the tags "174" and then on the line under, it said "Music studio". I smile a little as I open the door and hold it for Dante. "Hey Lyra, glad you could join us. And you got the new kid as well, perfect" The man smiles. "My name is Juan, nice to meet you... Dante." The teacher looked in his book for a short moment just to make sure he got the name right. "Just have a seat somewhere" The teacher finished. Juan is a 29 year old man, native country is Spain, but he had lived his entire life in the US. He was a rather tall person that looked about 20 years old. Short black hair and blue eyes should probably also be mentioned. He was wearing a pair of casual jeans, a black Metallica T-shirt and a pair of boring black shoes, and he had a pair of glasses hanging from his T-shirt. His black jacket was hanging on his chair. "Well, now we can start!" He said enthusiastically. "Lyra, you mind doing the singing?" He asks. I nod a little, smiling. "But I haven't seen Felix today. We can't do anything without a lead-guitar... Dante, you think you could do it? You've been carrying around that guitar of yours all day, but you haven't plaid a single tone. Pleeeease?"

((Thank you for being so understanding :D My life is just a little crazy at the moment. It should get sorted out soon though ^^ ))

Even though he hadn’t really spent a lot of time with her, Dante couldn’t help but wonder about Lyra. She seemed like a nice, fun girl, and he did genuinely want to find out more about her. He was confident that he would be able to find out more about her, considering he had a feeling that they would be spending quite a bit of time together. Of course, he only really thought this due to the fact they would be having most of their classes together. Not only that, but he was hoping that she would be the one to show him around the school. Sure, he could attempt to get around the school himself, but Dante didn’t really think he would have been able to do that without getting lost. It was one of the reasons he was grateful he had met her when he did. It wasn’t really the only reason he was grateful that he had met her though. After all, what kind of a person would that make him if he was just grateful for meeting her because she had helped him out a little bit. Not a very nice one, that’s for sure. Luckily, he wasn’t that type of person. Still, he was hoping that he would be able to get to know Lyra better. Just how long it would take for him to get to know her better, he didn’t really know, but it wasn’t as if he was going to be on a time limit. They were going to have classes together, so he was sure that he would be able to try to get to know her better during those classes. He was hoping so anyway.

As soon as they had left their class, Dante had walked with Lyra to their lockers. When they had got there, he took the time to open up his own locker and throw in his biology books, which he hadn’t needed after all. Since he didn’t really know what he was going to need for music, he didn’t bother taking anything else out of his locker. Instead, he locked it up just in time to be dragged off once again by Lyra. He wasn’t too sure where they were headed, but he did get the impression they were headed to their next class. Dante did feel a little relieved as she had told him how their next teacher was probably the friendliest teacher out of them all. However, that did make him wonder which of the teachers wasn’t so friendly. He decided not to think on it too much, as he had come to the conclusion that he would find out whenever he would have that teacher….if he would have that teacher. Dante focused on her once more. ”Hmm, well it’s good to know that our next teacher is really friendly, and not prone to disappearing like our last one. Anyway, I think it would be rude of me to turn down such an invitation to hang around with you for the next couple of days.” There was a small smile on his face as he had said this to her. ”I do appreciate it though, I really do. I would probably still be lost around this place if it wasn’t for you.” He flashed her another smile before the focus of his attention fell on the bullies she had mentioned to him. As he had glanced at the bullies, he had noticed the knuckle duster that one had on his hand. Seeing this caused him to shake his head in disapproval at the bullies as he turned back to Lyra. Dante wasn’t the type of person who liked bullies. He never had, and never would like bullies, mainly because there had been a time when he had been bullied when he had been younger. ”Yeah, well I can’t say I like bullies too much. I won’t be the type of person to start something with them, but at the same time, I’m not the type of person to walk away, should they start something with me.” Shortly after he had said this to her, they had finally made it to their next class.

Soon afterwards, they stepped into their class, and Dante smiled and nodded his head to the teacher who had introduced himself as Juan. Dante looked around the classroom for an empty seat, and he spotted a seat close to the front of the class, second row from the right. Dante sat down and set his bag and guitar case down beside him. After doing so, he leaned back into his seat as Juan had said that they could now start the class. There was a look of surprise on Dante’s face as the teacher had asked if Lyra would mind doing some singing. Dante really had no idea that she was able to sing, and he was just about to ask her how long she had been a singer when he was even more surprised by her question. He wasn’t quite sure what to say in response to her question, and he turned to face her in his seat. He lightly scratched the top of his head, looking up at Lyra before looking down to his guitar case and back to Lyra again. Finally, he responded to what she had asked him. ”Umm…I don’t normally play in front of other people Lyra. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever played in front of anyone else before. I’ve always played on my own.” He paused for a moment before continuing. ”Wait a minute….what happened to your lead guitarist anyway?” He asked in a somewhat curious tone. ”But….I guess I could play for you….since you asked so nicely.” He smiled at her as he reached down to pick up his guitar case off the floor. Setting the guitar case on his desk, he opened it up and pulled out his guitar. As soon as he had pulled out his guitar, he got to his feet and slipped the strap attached to the guitar around his shoulder. Dante turned his attention back towards Lyra soon afterwards. ”So umm…what are we supposed to be playing?” He asked in a curious tone. Dante was still surprised with himself that he had said that he would play for her, but he thought it was only going to be this once anyway, so he didn’t see too much of a problem with saying yes to her.

((You're welcome. ^^ Life can get crazy sometimes, and I'm a patient person anyway, so I don't mind waiting for your replies.))

"Hmm..." I say, not really sure. There was multiple songs I really wanted to try, all though I was more curious about how skilled he was. I was considering a few of the songs we would normally play, but I ended up with wanting to test his skills instead. I start to think through what songs I could test him with. I didn't want to choose something I doubted he could do, but still... If he could, he would be amazing. And if he couldn't, then we could try something easier. I end up with thinking of the songs that Trivium had made. Most of them was pretty long and advanced. And if you put on an extra challenge at the same time, it would tell everything about how good he was. I end up with choosing the song Insurrection. "Anna, you mind helping him on the drums? I taught we could run a small test first if you don't mind Dante. I just want to see what level you're on." Anna gives me a small nod and gets up behind the drums as I open a folder and pull out a paper with a red mark in the left corner. "I want you to play this in twice of the regular speed. Anna already knows how it's supposed to be plaid, so just follow her rhythm if you fall off somewhere." I say as I put down the notes for Insurrection in front of Dante. I take a few steps back. "Anna will start when you're ready... Oh, I almost forgot something-" I walk over to the back and pick up a black speaker for the guitar. I carry it back and plug it in the guitar before I plug in the power-cord as well. "Now you're good to go!" I say, smiling.

I was in a small discussion in my mind at the moment I gave Dante the sheet with the notes for the song. Was the challenge I gave him too hard? I mean, the paper was marked as one of the hardest songs in the folder, but I was fairly confident that he had some serious skills resting in those fingers of his. I really wanted him to nail it so I could beg him into joining in to the band and all, but if he managed to play that one didn't really matter too much. It was literary impossible, even with the help from the rhythm from the drums. But as I said to my mind earlier, I felt confident of that he would manage to play it.

Dante didn’t really know what he had expected to do when Lyra had shown him to the music studio. He didn’t really know what was planned for the class, but he certainly hadn’t expected to play his guitar in class. Sure, he did plan on playing it, but playing it in class wasn’t what he had in mind. He had planned on playing his guitar sometime during his lunch break, but he didn’t really think that he could have said no to her, especially after he thought about how nice she had been to him. After all, it wasn’t as if she had to show him around and help him out. Dante did appreciate the help she had given him, so he thought it would only be fair if he were to help her out this time. However, it did make Dante wonder just what had happened to their lead guitar. Every band should have had a lead guitar, so he couldn’t help but wonder why this one didn’t have one. This was still something he was thinking about as he was handed a piece of paper. Dante took the piece of paper and looked over the piece of paper. He was surprised at the song that she wanted him to play. Dante looked over the notes, and he knew that it wasn’t an easy song to play. He had heard the song, and he may even have played it once or twice before. It also happened to be one of the harder songs that he had played before. Dante studied the notes on the paper as Lyra had spoken. He didn’t respond for a few moments as he was going over the notes, but as soon as he had gone over them, he turned his attention back to her once more. ”This is a tough song Lyra. I never imagined I would have been getting tested in music.” Of course, he was joking with her as he had said this. ”It’s okay if you want to test me. You want to see how good I am.” He glanced down at the notes one more time. ”So, you want me to play this at twice the speed it should be played at?” He watched her as she had retrieved a speaker for his guitar. There was a smile on his face as she plugged his guitar into the speaker, and then he nodded his head to her. ”Thanks.” He said, smiling some more.

Taking one more look at the notes on the paper, Dante nodded his head one more time. He looked back to Lyra for a second and then smiled. ”Okay, this should be fun. I will give it a go anyway.” He smiled once more before he positioned his fingers on his guitar and turning his attention towards Anna for a moment. He gave her a nod of his head to signal the fact he was ready, and as soon as he did, he looked back to the notes on the paper. A second or so later, Dante’s fingers started moving over his guitar strings, and it almost seemed as if they were dancing as he had started to play his guitar to the notes on the paper. Dante also remembered what Lyra had said about playing the song at twice the speed, and that was exactly what he was managing to do. Not only was he managing to play the song at twice the speed, but he was also managing to play it note perfect. Well, apart from the odd note or two. It wasn’t really something that was very noticeable though. It didn’t really take Dante too long to get lost in the music, and he closed his eyes as he continued to play the song. His fingers moving elegantly over the strings as he played along to the song. As he continued to let his fingers move over the strings, it would have become clear that he had been playing his guitar for many, many years.

Back
Top Bottom