Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forget me Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lara woke up late during the afternoon and walked around the house by herself. She looked around the place and sighed as she saw the food on the fridge. Shaking her head she placed the food on the microwave and let it heat. Turning on the tv news were on and about about the soldier that made it out from the enemy territory by herself and how much of a hero she was. Her photo was shown on the tv making her blush, "Now the damn paparazzi would not leave me alone. Thank God they have no idea where I am" smiling she grabbed the food and ate it.

During the afternoon she slowly began doing exercises with her hurt arm in order to get it back into shape. She continued doing exercises during all day. When Ana would arrive home she would find Lara hanging face down from the ceiling and pushing her body up slowly, "Hello....". She continued to do it even though the doctor clearly stated that she needed to rest. She could not hang in the house all day without doing anything she needed to at least work out.

Anna came home to Lara doing something her doctor would not have approved of. At least she was eating she seemed so anemic in the hospital. "If i called the doctor would he tell me this was part of your recovery plan" Anna asked changing the TV to some music station and letting her hair down. She dropped her laptop case on the kitchen table. She wanted a long hot bath but did not trust Lara to be Left alone. "If you wanted to get out of the house you could have asked" She tired to think if all the fun stuff they had done.

Most of it had Anna kicking and screaming about personnel injury. "You want to go out skating, then maybe a movie on the TV" she asked with a wan smile. She knew Lara did not like anything you had to do inside. But she wanted to do something they could bot enjoy something safe. "Or maybe just go for a walk there is a great park close by" And next fetch she felt so silly. Normally Lara would have been the one making the plans. Eying her between her fingers she could tell that no matter what happened to her she still looked great. Not as great as before but great. "You like the pasta i left you" she asked with a smile.

She shook her head as she continued doing the workouts, "I want to go out but I turned some sort of celebrity, look at the news". She finally dropped on the ground, "The body can take quite a lot more than what the doctors say. Most of them say it because of the pain but somehow I learned to go past that point where I no longer feel the pain of my arm". She smiled as she watched the plate and nodded, "Yeah it was really good". She smirked and walked to the shower, taking out her shirt and pants she placed a bag around the casket and got in the shower.

During the shower flashes went through her mind, she was back at the cell and she was tied to the wall. There was a man hitting her with a whip on her back, she was naked and could feel every whip as if she just received it. She screamed as she fell down to the floor and went on a corner of the shower hugging her knees. Her head seemed to move each time she felt the sting of the whip on her back, she was locked in a repetitive memory.

Anna wrapped the towel around her and began to dry Lara's hair. She hummed a little while she worked. “You don't have to be brave all the time” She helped her get dressed into some warm cloths. The rink was only fifteen minutes away they had gone there often. Lara had once talked about joining the Brooklyn Bombshells a local derby club. But Anna doubted that even the bombshells would have taken a girl as tough as Lara in. “You know I always was jealous of how strong you were, are never letting what other people though hold you back”

She stood up almost by default as she was helped on her feet. "T...That man.... I...I remember p..part of the pain... the whip.... my back.... it hurt so much....". Her body was shaking without control, whatever that memory was clearly it affected her far beyond any nightmare. She walked out of the shower and sat down on the bed, her hands and entire body was shaking. Slowly she began to calm down but obviously she still thought the man with the mask would come through the doors anytime soon. She kept looking at the door as if waiting for him, fearing him.

"You're safe here you know that they wont get you as long as i am here" She was not used to playing the strong one. The responsible, level headed one sure but not the strong one. She could not begin to imagine to the pain she went through. "You are safe here" She pulled the woman tight to her body. Her lover her soul mate she needed her help now more then ever before. There was not much more for her to say "I love you, i love you" She repeated over and over. She wanted to cry more then anything but she had to be strong. She had no idea what would make her feel better. It was hard to admit but they were strangers again. She knew that ice cream and chocolate always mellowed her lows.

She groaned slowly calming down, her eyes closed as she felt the body of the other young woman. "I...I am alright...I just need to have something strong to drink" she smiled looking at her and nodding, "thank you". Slowly she stood up and looked at herself on the mirror, her back wounds displayed proudly as Lara just sighed. "I was....I was on some sort of prison... there was nothing on the room except a small window with bars. They came for me and hanged me from the ceiling... t...then they began to whip my back without mercy... I.... I want to have an Ice cream night... want to go buy some ice cream?".

She nodded there was a small store only a few doors away one that she often used when she was not in the mood for real shopping. The sweets were in a coolers towards the front. They had all the big brands and flavors ,any were new to her as she usually just got coffee. “It sounds horrible” She found a pint of cookie dough and added that to the whip cream, nuts, fudge, and other toppings.
“I just don't know how some people can do that to another human being” She moved to another isle and picked out a dozen movies. Everything from a teen slasher flick to a romantic comedy. She had a great TV her brothers bought her to watch the football games when they came over. She smiled watching Lara to make sure she did not have a relapse in the frozen foods.
She held Lara's hand on the walk back to her apartment how many times had they taken this same walk. “Its loud but its our city” She said walking to one of the overlooks that dotted the hill they lived on. You could see a lot of the city below the houses the cars and people. She squeezed her hand a little tighter before she turned and began once again to walk home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom