Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Darkest Nights (Yoshie + Darkness Beneath)

Darkness Beneath

Super-Earth
It had been three weeks since it began. His quest against the evil creatures who had began to plague the Kingdom of Arnaeia. The countryside was once a place of life and beauty but you would not know to look at it today. The land had become dark and infertile with little vegetation. It rained often which slowed their pace considerably.

The dark haired youth had left the capital with 12 men, it was the young knights first command and he did not wish to disappoint his King and future father-in-law. Edric was an honourable boy, he was strong and fierce with a blade and held his duty above all else. He impressed his seniors quickly and he had become well respected in court to the point that his lord father had set a marriage arrangement with none other than Princess Selena.

From that moment his heart was in pure bliss. There was no maiden more finer, and no girl more friendly. She always wore a beautiful smile across her pale face. Edric was very grateful and swore he would never let her down. He had saved himself for a girl like her, she was all of his greatest dreams combined.

Before they could be married Edric was given his first command. He had assumed his future Father-in-law wanted to prove his strength by giving him the command, and Edric was eager to show him what he was worth. He had been over-confident some might say. The knight bid his betrothed farewell, and left with his men.

Their quest had seemed simple from the start, kill a hag that was summoning demons and unleashing her wrath across the kingdom. Edric had been foolish, and four of his men died the first night in enemy territory. They faught off the demons and followed them back to their camp, making them pay for each life they took. There were many more demons than they were informed of. It was then that his friend Claude asked him to return to the capital and inform his highness that they needed more men. Edric refused, he would not be humiliated.

He pressed on against the harsh rain and the heavy winds, his blue eyes determined to see this through to the bitter end. They would interrogate demons they captured but few of them ever broke. Eventually after destroying four enemy camps they found their first lead on the hags whereabouts. She resided in a dark fortress several miles east beyond a dead forest. Claude insisted that they return, but the stubborn boy refused and pressed on, with the three soldiers that remained with him.

Darkness, famine, plague, dementia, and rain, this was all that was to remain of the Kingdom of Arnaeia. Where once stood a Proud Kingdom of Wisdom, fortitude, and strength, so prosperous now lies a country divided by war, hunger, and destitute. Her minions had carried out the tasks she sat out at hand with ease, and every head they brought her of her fallen enemies was another notch on her belt. She sat on her black marble throne pleased at her handy work. In front of her floated a crystal ball, tainted black from the stench of death and decay. She looked out upon her Kingdom and sighed, she was pleased.

“Shining, beautiful crystal ball whose darkness makes me smile,

Give me more glooming news, make my day worthwhile…”

The ball rotated slowly, turning with hate and despair. A dark luminous glow emanated from the once crystal lilac colored ball. It showed her minions fighting the Knights militia. She laughed as they blood spilled, making the dark land crimson with blood. From their blood grew man eating plants that hungered for what they were bred from. Her fanged smile faded when she saw three men and a solider were still alive in another part of the map. She watched as they were headed to the fortress in which she resided. Her black fingernails moved her long black hair from her face. She could not make out the faces of the men but knew that their victory would be short lived as they made their way to her palace.

“Shall we kill them Mistress?” One minion said.

“No, my sweet demented servants… I will have this pleasure all my own.” She patted the demon on his head. “I think it is time they meet their Mistress and accept me as their Queen. My rein is near and I will be victorious. Nothing will stand in my way. Arnaeia will be mine, or I will see it crumble beneath my feet.”

"Edric, we must return. We've gained enough knowledge about the enemy, our return will not be a stain on your pride!" Claude said again. He was two years older than Edric but he was just a soldier. Edric had known him his entire life, but he was wrong here.

"It is my first mission in command. We cannot return." Edric said not unkindly. In the distance they could confirm that the fortress was exactly where they believed it to be. It hadn't been too difficult to find. "We'll wait for nightfall."

"Then what?" One of the soldiers asked.

"We will infiltrate the fortress and kill the hag that has started all this." Edric replied. "It will be glorious."

"We don't have the numbers to infiltrate to an effect. Too much has gone wrong already, there is no way this can end well! Edric, please, as your friend I beg you reconsider." Claude spoke.

"It is our duty as soldiers to press on and finish the job we've been assigned, I cannot back down. I am sorry, but this is how it has to be. Don't be scared, we'll be fine. I promise." He smiled brightly, his dark hair tied in a ponytail. His skin was pale, and his eyes blue which showed an innocence that was rare in the army. "We'll make camp here. One look-out at all times and no fire. We must remain unseen and be rested for tonight."

He smiled as one of his soldiers left to be on look out, while the others began to set up their small campsite. He wondered what songs they would sing of his bravery. He couldn't wait to return home to his princess a hero worthy of her hand, he fantasized about that moment as the commoners cheered his name and called him gallant titles. "Edric, the hero in the darkest hours of the darkest nights." He told himself, and he set to help the other two with the camp.

As he was fantasizing he could hear her in his head. Her voice was dark eerie but with a pleasant erotic tone to it. She chuckled in his head.

“You should listen to your friend my Innocent. Look at you merely a boy, what are you doing out here in this dark, evil place? What are you looking for? What are you hoping to accomplish in this endeavor? Money, Fame? Respect? Power? These are comfort words, words that make mortals do things that they would not normally do for any other reason. There is nothing here for you solider… go home, go back to what you are used to. I assure you Innocent you do not want to know the truth about this world. I can see the innocence, the doubt. I feel your pain, your sadness, and your doubts. I will devour them whole. I will not stop until this world is mine! You or no one else will get in my way. By all means if you think you have what it takes to take this Mistress on then by all means be my guess. In fact, I will make it easier and make a path for you to meet me personally. No games mortal, this ends here and now.”

Soon dark flowers started to blossom from the ground in a weird path that lead to her fortress. The demons and minions that would be standing guard to protect their Mistress soon retreated and all that was left was the path.

“Come to me…my darling Edric. Come let curiosity fuel you… let your heart be engulfed in hopelessness and despair.”

The cold soothing voice sent shivers down his spine. It irritated him. Nobody called him a boy, he was a knight now, better than any man. He removed his sword from his sheath. "She's here--". The knight spotted the dark flowers ascend from the ground. The other soldiers looked to him in confusion but then spotted the black trail. "She wants to fight us."

"Edric, it's a trap!"

"Quiet, Claude!" Edric spat. "She taunted me. I will show her I am no easy prey!" He marched softly. "Be a coward if you must, I will fight like my duty demands me."

He stepped forward onto the path. His sword steady in his hand. The Kingdom, the royal family, and his honour all depended on this moment. They follow behind him, as he knew they would, no man likes to be called a coward. His heart beat quickly, but adrenaline flowed through him. He had battle experience, and the support of his friends. The hag would die, there would be no other outcome.

They followed the path and Edric kept his calm while approaching the large dark fortress that seemed to get bigger with every step. Finally he stopped with his sword drawn. "HAG!" He spat loudly. "You say my heart will be engulfed by despair! Yours will meet the end of a blade." Edric roared and turned to his men. "Today we purge our kingdom of her wrath! To victory! To glory! WE WILL ENDURE!" He heard the others draw their steel and roar in unison.

She laughed a good evil maniacal laugh.

“You are a persistent one aren’t you Edric? Even after your colleague informed you it’s a trap here you come… yes my Innocent, come to me, and draw your blade. I taste your fear, I feel your anguish. I find your distress erotic. I want to get off on your anger, I want you to make me cum from your screams of agony!” The ground started to rumble as the gates from her fortress began to open. Screams of the dead could be heard, cries that echoed and pierced the night, the cries of despair and pain. All the while the Mistress cackled a wicked laugh.

“Go my minions attack the men but leave the boy and his friend to me… show them why I am the Mistress of misery. Tell them why I am the Temptress of Temptation, declare to the heavens that I am the Damsel of the Dead and make their screams be heard from hell and back. Wallow in Despair!”

The demons began to erupt from the ground, some undead some from darkness. The troops were in trouble if they moved carelessly. They would recognize some of their dead comrades come to life once again this time the blades that were used to defend them are now drawn against them. Their bones rattled with dirt and dried blood. Some of the recently dead were freshly eroded, blood and dead flesh oozed from their bodies. The smell of the dead and decaying litter the pathway.

“Edric, I want to feast on your fear… come let me taste you!” The gates to her fortress were now open and all that was left was for them to make their move.

Back
Top Bottom