Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dreams and Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It was song induced maddness."she was quiet for a momet before sighing."He loved her though. Truly and deeply, its how he finally saw through the song. Because a fae can't hold someone who's actully in love."She bit her lip avoiding his eyes before nodding slightly."I can't go myself, the pack would turn on me for it, but it would be good to get him out of there. If he ccan't get his pack back, he can find somewhere else."She said her voice sad, because she had fought so very hard to keep her father out of jail, and it'd blown up in her face. Only cain-and octavian's intervention had stopped the new alpha from killing her, or worse, keeping her as a mate.

he nodded a little. "she didn't love him though... did she?" he asked softly, looking worried. "if he truly loved her... he's really going to need some serious therapy..." he muttered with a shake of his head. "i'll have Octavia get in contact with his freind." he agreed offering her a smile as the news turned to something more happy... kittens! "...the news scares me sometimes. it really does. honestly, whats the point of showing us a pile of fluffy kittens?" he asked, wrinkling his nose. "all it does is make me want to barf." he admitted, shaking his head as he turned his attention back to his project, muttering as he considered the page he was on. Dragons. cousin to the basilisk and nearly as invulnerable. he even had a page for himself in there, Basilisk, Phoenix, Water Nymph. very sluggish in the cold, could breath underwater, can kill with sight if a person is already dying, can sing away pain, no healing tears, severely allergic to milk, immune to all forms of poison and medicine. he had even added that running him over with a car COULD in fact, leave him badly damaged. it was almost funny watching him scowl at the rendered picture of himself.

"No, she didn't. And he has it, I could at least do that before I had to leave."She sighed softly bowing her head in shame, because it destroyed her heart tht she hadnt been able to protect her father more,even if she had only been a child herself. Laughing when the kittens came on she nodded,"Theyre cute."She said snickering as she leaned against his shoulder, more interested in his work then her own.

he nodded a little and kissed her forehead, offering her a small smile. "your a very good person. i hope you know that." he muttered softly as he turned his attention back to his project. "i hate cats." he complained unhappily. "had a cat once... knocked all my pretty things over, shattered all my pretty glass things..." Cain also complained like that about anyone who touched his.... collection. must have been a basilisk thing. he sighed as he updated his newest information, mostly about himself, and leaned back into the pile of pillows, his eyes narrowed at the ceiling. "Kate?... how did Cain know my fathers name?" he asked, it was sudden, he hadn't thought about it before but now... it rather bothered him that he hadn't noticed before.

KAte smiled laughing a little,"aww poor ryan."She teased nuzzlign him a little before sighing softly."I don't know.But we'll ask him later."

A few days later kate smiled a little as she looked at her best friend, frowning hard at him, "Cain, I know you've been avoiding telling Ryan, but you ARE going to tell me now. Why do you know who his father is?"

Cain hesitated, looking a little nervous. he'd never been able to outright lie, or deny Kate anything and finally he sighed. "fine... but... you won't like it..." he muttered. "i didn't want to tell you, because you'd go stupid and try to convince everyone your not right for him, when clearly your the only person who thinks so." he complained, motioning her to join him at the kitchen table. "everyone says that the King of Snakes is the Basilisk... well, even the Basilisk's have their Emperor." he admitted. "the Emperor Basilisk, is the most ancient line of Basilisk, ever known." he admitted. "the Ancient line can date back to the Dino ages!" Cain admitted, pouring himself a firm shot of strong whiskey and knocking it back all too happily. "you see... the last known Emperor was Artemis Mesa.... Ryan's father... Ryan is the Emperor of the Basilisks. the leader... the guy in charge... and he doesn't even know how to properly greet another Basilisk..." he shook his head. "he doesn't even know. the Throne has been unclaimed for... for almost fifty years! Artemis abandoned the Throne, and left the council of the Basilisk in ruins for some girl." Cain complained, shaking his head. "a PHOENIX girl no less! filthy fire birds..." he grumbled unhappily as he took another shot of whiskey.

(so i juust realized it was my post lol)

Kate frowned looking annoyed,"even if i wont like it, tell me."she said her voice growly as she glared at her best friend before paling a little as she considered what he was saying.so...so what does this mean for ryan?"she asked sounding anxious, trying to not do exactly what he said she would and argue that that just proved that she wasnt good for ryan. She wasnt. She knew it, and no matter how much cain argued, he had to know it was true. This just proved it.

Cain hesitated a little and then. "it means that Ryan will have to be taught. he is the only member of his bloodline left." he admitted simply. "the rest of the Basilisk will try to manipulate, control, or kill him... so for now, he has to remain a secrete. he'll have to have Heirs. multiple children at the least... many will try to make him breed only with pure blooded Basilisk... several will claim him soft for choosing you as a Mate. but with the right training, he will rule the Basilisk, and his word will be Law, and none will refute his right to you." Cain admitted, running a shaking hand through his hair. "...we all thought he was dead, you know..." he admitted softly. "we thought that Artemis died without an Heir..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom