Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dreams and Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
he smiled a little and stroked her hair a little. "i was curious about ways i might be able to ease the pain of the transformation, yes." he admitted simply. "granted, it might not work on emergency shifts... but the ones where you have no choice but to shift, like on the full moon?" he asked that part, uncertain if that was fact, or fiction, and then continued. "i have a few idea's on how to ease the pain, but it really depends on a werewolf's ability to accept medicine." he admitted with a smile as he stroked her hair again. "well, i'll just have to keep telling you until you do beleive it." he decided with a small chuckle as he examined her. "i'd offer you some of my blood... but i fear it would kill you." he teased playfully, chuckling as he kissed her forehead. "you go ahead and take a nap. i'm going to eat my steak to the best of my ability, and then do the same." he decided, unhinging his jaw was rather painful, but he managed to eat his steak and then put his jaw back into place.

"i do. Always full moon, and at least once a week."She muttered yawning as she snuggled down into the bed,"Well, thats good.No killing me."She muttered falling asleep, forgettng she was naked.When she woke she sat up in the bed, looking thoughtful as she stared down at her bare body, shifting to get out of the bed carefully, not wanting to wake up ryan, or have the two come figure out why she was in here naked.

when she woke, Ryan was indeed asleep, but it was too late to hide her nudity, Cain and Octavian where both in the doorway, smirking at her. "how NAUGHTY Kate! molesting an unconscious man!" Octavian teased, his eyes glittering with terrible, terrible amusement. "in any case, we just thought you should know that Ryan's attackers finally have a court date." Cain stated, ignoring her nudity, though you could tell he was struggling not to laugh. "the Judge had a Bailiff drop this off for you." in his hands was a manilla envelope so full, it was almost a dictionary thick. Ryan jerked, snorted, and then groaned as his eyes fluttered open and he scowled at the two men in his room. "if you say one damn word... i am getting out of this bed... and eating you alive." Ryan growled, Octa and Cain glancing at each other before fleeing. Ryan just snickered happily. "aaah it's good to have the annoyances fearing me... are you aware that your naked Kate?"

"I wasn't molesting him!"Kate whined blushing hard, glaring at the two men as she took the envelope, starting to read it as if she was indeed not naked, intent on ignoring the two men.Snickering as the other two fled she nodded a little llooking at ryan, flushing as she held the folder in front of her."I am.And I'm going to go get dressed."She said fleeing the room before walking back into the room a few minutes later after she dressed, looking at him with a slight smile."We have a court date."she said smiling at him.

the two men smirked at her, practically laughing at her denial and Ryan had to chuckle at the blush staining her cheeks. "you know, you didn't have to get dressed." he teased, smiling as he carefully, so very carefully sat up. "Cain's blood does some amazing things... my bones are still broken, but the rest of the damage seams to be gone." he admitted as he studied her. "or that might just be my own healing abilities, i don't know... i've never been hurt like this before." he admitted with a shake of his head. "when's the court date? we're going to be able to wring them up and drown em, right?" he asked, looking nervous. "there weren't many witnesses to the crime, just me and a neighbor, and she only saw the car running me over..."

Kate smiled looking at him,"Good. I'll mix some of my blood in with cain's, it should boost your healing even faster, weres are known for healing well.Since we tend to be physical people."She shrugged before nodding, leaning down to iss his forehead."Don't worry Ryan, i'll going to personally toss the rule book at them and make sure they don't breath another free breath of air for the rest of their lives."

he smiled a little and nodded. "i don't know that anything can boost the healing of bones, but it's worth a shot." he agreed, shaking his head a little before he smiled at her, hope, glee, and joy shining in his eyes at her next words. "when you toss the book, make sure it hits them where it hurts the most." he ordered gleefully as he carefully shifted about the bed, assessing how much he could move, what hurt and what didn't before nodding. "as long as we have a wheelchair, i should be alright to get to court." he decided happily. "both my legs are broken so i won't be able to walk, or lift myself, but Octavian's picked me up before, it shouldn't be too hard..." he squirmed again and picked at the scales on his arm. "and of course, now i'm shedding... dammit."

"Well, we can always try."She said looking amused at the look on his face, gently stroking his hair out of his face as he shifted, "i will.Don't worry."She muttered before sighing softly, "i'll get the boys to get a wheelchair.And I'll get cain to come up and help with the scales.He'll be able to help you better then me."She said looking worried about him.

he chuckled a little and smiled at her. "thanks Kate... for taking me in." he muttered softly. "i've never felt so..." he paused, thinking hard. "safe, before." he admitted. "and that's saying something, considering i'm pretty helpless right now." he admitted with a small little grin. "now then, get Cain up here? i'm itching terribly." he complained, wrinkling his nose. "and i can't exert the force i need to peel the dead scales off." he admitted. "shedding is a bitch... makes me wonder how Cain deals with it... i suppose it's not any worse than having the chicken pocks..." he mused, shaking his head a little as he smirked at her. "...can i have a kiss?"

Kate smiled a little."It's not so bad. I've missed having someone around, and to protect."She said smiling at him before laughing as she blushed."What?A kiss?"She said sitting donw on the edge of the bed, flushing darker as she fidgetted with the edge of his blanket, not about to admit a embarassing truth as she looked at him, before leaning over to kiss him gently.

he smiled a little and nodded. "i like being protected." he admitted with a small chuckle as she went bright red. he sighed happily as their lips met, and the less damaged arm reached up, cupping the back of her head to guide her, kissing her deep, passionately, letting her feel every little bit of lust, and love he felt for her. then he was pulling back, looking oh, so satisfied and he smiled at her. "that was wonderful." he murmured happily. "you taste just as good as you smell." he murred happily, flashing her that playful smirk of his as Cain came up to complain that Octa was bothering him. before Kate had a chance to really react to anything, Ryan was complaining about shedding, and Cain was carrying the half basilisk into the bath to help him shed.

Kate flushed as she clumbsily kissed him back before smiling as she looked at him. "Hmm good."She muttered embarassed and worried about being siren and werewolf, afraid of what she would do to him, before laughing as cain left with ryan. Crawling into the bed to wait for them to return, the girl curled up on the bed like she was a puppy, making herself comfortable to wait.

he chuckled a little and smiled happily at her. and when Cain carried Ryan back out, the dull scales where gleaming and vibrant once more, even his long nails where shining, as if he'd just had a manicure. he also looked much, much more content as Cain carefully laid him back on the bed. "thanks Cain... although... those jokes where in really bad taste." Cain barked his laughter as he fled from Ryan's annoyance and the halfling snorted and rolled his eyes before smirking at Kate. "i fear for humanity." he admitted simply before leaning down, as best as he could, and brushed a kiss against her temple. "now then. when is this court date?"

Kate stirred lookign amused, and happy."You look happier."She said before growling at her best friend."You can't make fun of him!cainnn!"She growled lookng annoyed before looking down at ryan, shivering as he brushed a kiss against her skin,"Two days. I should get some work done..."She muttered stretching not wanting to get up

Ryan smirked a little. "i'm not itching, of course i'm happier." he admitted before going bright red as Cain whispered something in his ear. "son of a bitch Cain! those jokes are in BAD TASTE!" Ryan complained, struggling to control his blush as Cain fled from Kate with a bright, chipper, maniacal laugh as Rya groaned. "i should have made Octavian do it." he groaned, shaking his head a little. "fucking Cain..." he smiled at her a little, his head tilted. "make Cain or Octa get the work, i'll get my computer, and we can work in bed." he suggested, his head tilted curiously at her. "hows that sound?"

"What did he say?"She said looking curious at the man's blush before getting up,"I'll get it. Then we''ll rest.We both need it."She looked amused as she headed downstairs, punching cain in the shoulder as she found him."What did you tell him?And help me get everything I need so we can work."

he shook his head. "nothing... he said nothing!" Ryan muttered, blushing even harder as she left, Cain snickering as he rubbed his shoulder. "i told him his size was impressive and that he had a cute bum. i made a few sexual innuendo's involving you... i think he just about ripped my throat out for that one." Cain admitted with another snicker. "the words 'trouser snake' might have been mentioned." "that is the worst pun, i have ever heard." Octavian complained, rolling his eyes as he drank a cup of coffee and read a newspaper. Cain just laughed and gathered everything she needed, Octavian offering a hand and helping them get everything up the stairs. Ryan was sitting up proper, and was utterly delighted to see his computer, and with help it was soon set up and he was working on a project that he claimed was for work.

Kate sputtered,"Cain that's horrible!"She whined blushing as she got everything settling back in the bed with ryan,but more watching him work on his project then doing any of her own work.The man was seriously distracting her from what she should be doing."What are you working on?"She muttered resting her head on his shoulder.

Cain just cackled at her and left her alone with Ryan, who was muttering as softly as he could so he wouldn't bother Kate. "i'm working." he teased, flashing her an amused little grin. "i'm mostly researching." he admitted, turning the computer so she could see. on the page where several pictures of various cross breeds and pure bloods. "you see, every creature has it's own unique set of healing abilities, weaknesses, and strengths... for example, i am immune to poison, but i can't hardly move if it drops below thirty degrees." he admitted. "a werewolf can heal almost instantly, but is severely allergic to aconite, also known as wolfsbane, and some are very allergic to silver. the more we understand about a species, the more we can help them when their hurt, or sick. knowing about the cross bred creatures helps too. for example, me. no one knows how to help me, because a Basilisk isn't supposed to be able to get hurt. i'm dding my notes about myself, and a little bit what i learned from Cain, and you, into my notes."

Kate looked bemused, before pointing to the entry on a werewolf,"That's not true. While you can try and get a spellcaster to work a shapeshifting magic on you, it wont change you. Not really. You wont get the benefits we have with being wolves. You have to be bitten."She muttered shifting uncomfortably when she saw the entry on fae, a painful look in her eyes as she looked awy from him, "Well, at least you being hurt is going to help someone sometime."

he blinked at her comment and then quickly added Kate's words to it, pondering that. "ah, the Fey." he muttered. "the Fey are one of the most dangerous creatures to have in a hospital." he admitted, looking amused. "especially if their bleeding." he admitted with a small little nod. "we had one a year ago, bleeding all over the place... we had werewolves following behind her, licking up the blood and a Vampire nearly tore it's arms out of it's sockets trying to get to her." he admitted skipping past the fey and moving on to the mermaid. "mermaids are almost as dangerous, particularly if they decide your worthy of a good drowning. i don't know how many people come in a week, because they got too close to the Lagoon and insulted one of the Mer." he shook his head and continued on. "ah! Satyr's... never offer a Satyr a good time... they look cute and cuddly, but they can go for DAYS! one woman came in with a cracked pelvis, and she was still grinning from the sex...."

"Most definately one of the most dangerous. Wolves find it even harder to resist, because they tend to want to mate with the fae,which is worse since they are so violently insuclar, that they hardly ever mate with other speices, they get violent in their reactions to fae."she muttered before laughing at the rest of his descriptions, sitting up and flipping on the tv, needing a break from work, paling slightly when she saw the news, looking worried as she turned up the news reel about her father who was up for appeal ,and how the pack was determined to keep him in jail. Not realizing she was making pained little whimpers in the back of her throat.

he nodded a little. "the Fey are dangerous to many creatures, that's because they are not from the same realms as us. they are of the 'heavenly' species. like the Angels and the Unicorns." he admitted with a nod. "they are also fairly rare and are even harder to study than wolves are." he complained with a sulk before looking at the TV, his head tilted before he glanced at her. "...part of your pack?" he asked softly, setting his hand on hers. "it will be alright, you have me, and Cain, and Octavian now... we're your pack. a pack that you deserve. we might not be wolves, but we're more loyal than any of those." he promised her, pulling her, very carefully into a hug and watching the TV. "i don't understand why the Wolf pack would want to keep their alpha in prison though..." he muttered, a frown on his face. "this stinks of foul play..."

"Don't sulk, it makes you want to jump you."She teased nuzzling him a little before shuddering. Nodding slightly as he pulled her into a hug, carefully bearing her face into his chest, swallowing hard, relaxing as she realized she did indeed have a pack. "They want to leave him there because they're punishing him for killing their kept fae. She was selling her blood, and controlling the alpha. He never knew who he mated with. When she died...things blew up in the packs face, and ruined alot of carefully laid plans."She muttered.

he snorted at her comment and then snarled at her explanation at why they where leaving him in prison. "that's right, i remember now... he was that wolf who was seduced by the power hungry Siren. he never should have gone to prison in the first place, it was a clear case of self defense and 'Song' induced madness." he growled, his eyes narrowed as he studied the TV screen. "and selling the blood of a Siren is against the law. it's like selling cocaine..." he hissed in rage and looked down at Kate. "i have a Lawyer freind down in that area... ok well, it's Octavian's freind... if you want me to, i can have said person go and work on your Ex Alpha's behest? no one would ever know you where involved of course, we can't have you going back to a sick pack like that. but it would be good to get the old Alpha freed, and get him some help... someone's whose under the full power of a Siren too long, tends to go a little mad. frankly, the pack is lucky that they themselves didn't get killed for their actions against their Alpha, mad or not."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom