Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dreams and Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate sighed as she looked out the window."I'm not good for him,cain. You of all people should know that."She muttered so very dejeted before laughing."You're just nosy. You don't care how much the vampire afected him."She said rolling her eyes a little before rolling her eyes at cain's words."What are you talking about?My babies would be amazing!And pretty."She snickered before looking around the house, smiling slightly as they gathered ryan's things."So its just not a you thing, collecting things?"she said snickering a little as she gathered up the laptop and speech system, before looking at cain."Get some clothes would you?I don't know what would be comfortable or not."She said tilting her head as she nodded towards the bedroom

Cain snorted a little. "just because you are not good for me, does not mean that you are not good for him. trust his instincts if you will not trust your own. a Basilisk only loves those who are worthy of it." he admitted simply with a sniff. "and your babies would be ugly. maybe not as ugly as most. but still ugly." he stated simply before he smirked. "no. Basilisk's, and Phoenix for that matter, adore sparking things." he admitted, poking the crystal chandelier in the kitchen. "we're terrible about gathering, and hoarding... but we are very, very picky about what he collects. Ryan seams to have a crystal and gem obsession." everything in the house mostly WAS fine cut crystal, shimmering glass of various colors, an pretty gem stones, both real and fake. "we normally don't even have to pay for it. all we have to do is go to a rich persons dump, and find anything to our hearts contentment... though the quality of these items suggests he buys himself a gift every week... or every month." he admitted, lifting a gorgeous crystal angel with silver robes off a mantle, examining it very carefully. it wouldn't do to damage one of Ryan's things.

he sighed as he was ordered about, but obediently went to the closet and nearly choked. "AHA! i have FOUND it! the Vampires Influence!" inside where all very posh, smart clothes designed to make a person look their best.... Basilisks rarely cared about such things. they where self serving bastards and normally only ate what they liked, bought what they wanted, worked when they wanted to, and wore what was the most comfortable. the clothes, most of them, in Ryan's closet where not, at all, geared towards comfort. "i KNEW those Poncy Vampires would affect him! did i not tell you!? i TOLD you!" Cain complained to her, glaring at the clothing. "this is Unacceptable! he will borrow MY clothes! i will have Andy bring them!" and with that Cain was on the phone, and Ryan was doomed to spend his weeks abed in nice, comfortable clothing that he would probobly hate... oh well, no one was going to be able to stop Cain anyway.

kate cringed as she looked into the closet, wrinkling her nose. "This is totally riddiculous. That doesn't look comfortable."She whined looking them over. Despite the slacks and shirts she usually wore, she was always comfortable, beause she figured if she had to go through bone cracking excericating pain every week while changing, she had to be comfortable for the rest of her day.

Cain snorted a little. "Vampires don't care in the least bit about comfort. Image is everything to them! it's ridiculous! it's probobly why all of Ryan's trinkets are so organized..." "no, his objects are organized because most of them where given to him from the people he's helped." it was the doctor! "imagine my surprise... at stopping by to feed Ryan's pet, only to find a strange man in the doorway, and all the lights on... i'm very sorry but your man might have a concussion. i thought you where thrives." Octavian admitted, looking amused before he scowled. "and there is nothing wrong with Ryan's clothes! i instilled in him only the BET of fashions!" he complained with a Haughty sniff, Cain hissing. "stupid! fashion doesn't matter! only comfort!" Cain complained. "and what do you know of Basilisks anyway!?" "not much, but i WAS freinds with Artemus. in any case an uncouth scaly bastard like you wouldn't know what to do with a set of unders if they bit you on the ass." "at least I don't smell like ashes and decay!" they glared at each other furiously before laughing and embracing, like the old freinds they where... not that Kate knew that. "seriously though... you didn't really take Andy's head off did you?" "no no. i stopped by Kate's to see Ryan and found out you where in town. i just shadowed into the kitchen." Octavian admitted, Cain snorting a little, looking amused.

Kate startled so badly she started to shift, before back pedaling, raising a hand to cover the longer cainines before shaking her head to recover. "Bloody hell octavian."She grumbled looking annoyed at being startled so badly before shaking her head."you two are going to drive me insane."she grumbled rubbing a hand over her mouth to make sure the fangs were going before sighing."Was ryan doing okay?"she asked worried.

Octavian laughed at her and gently patted Kate on the head. "oh don't worry about hiding your fangs from me. i know what you are, remember?" he teased, smirking a little. "i did help you to escape, remember?" he asked with a small smile. through the combined efforts of Octavian and Cain, she had been able to escape the pack. not that Cain and Octavian knew each other had known Kate. "i wasn't aware you knew Octavian." Cain admitted, looking rather shocked, Octavian waving a hand. "i was around when she was born. i helped her mother give birth." Octavian admitted simply. "Kate doesn't know it, but i was actually named Godfather by her mother. it was horrifying!" Octavian admitted. "at least i didn't have to change Ryan's dirty nappies." Octavian complained with a whine. "i checked up on Kate a few times, just to make sure she was being well taken care of." Cain nodded, looking suspicious.

"and why on earth did you adopt Ryan?" "again, in a fit of absolute idiocy, i was named the brat's godfather. Artemus was insane. honestly, a Vampire raising a Basilisk!? took me five years for me to find the poor guy... the Human's didn't want to give him up. seamed to think that i would be an unsuitable guardian... not that they where wrong..." Octavian muttered. "but at least i wasn't feeding him dead mice and locking him in closets." Cain looked absolutely furious and Octavian shrugged. "Ryan doesn't remember much of the Orphanage. he's subconsciously blocked it." Octavian admitted simply. "and Ryan is fine Kate... maybe a little annoyed at being woken up... but fine."

"I know, but it still seems odd."Kate muttered, the words slurred a little as she talked around her teeth nodding a little."You both did."She looked amused before shrugging."What?REally?Then why the hell did you leave me to deal with the newspapers alone?I could have used help then, and with the pack."She whined before snickering."that is insane, but..."She trailed off growing pale at the idea of what ryan had went through.Biting her lip a little as her teeth returned to normal she sighed softly."Good.But we should go home."She said wanting to make sure for herself that he was fine.

Octavian shrugged a little. "i wasn't around in time to deal with the newspapers.... and werewolves and Vampires do not get along well. they would have ripped me to shreds." Octavian admitted. "it was easier on you to just give you the money to get the hell out of there." Cain shrugged. "i didn't know it was happening." he admitted simply, Octavian lifting an eyebrow at Kate, his head tilted. "let me grab some clothes for Ryan then." Octavian ordered. "he's very annoyed that Cain can't seam to keep his upper half covered." "you are NOT taking him those tight, ugly clothes!" "their Fashionable, and he likes them!" "only because you brainwashed him! i will be getting him better clothes!" and off they where, bickering like children. really, Octavian and Cain where a little too similar in personalities. it was amazing they hadn't tried to kill each other yet. finally they reached an agreement of taking half of Ryan's 'Vamp' clothes and getting some of Cain's clothes and letting Ryan choose which he'd rather wear. Octavian did take the time to get a necklace that was hanging in a place of honor in the house, and then headed off to Ryan to sway the boy to his side of things before Cain could get there.

by the time they'd stopped at Cain's to get 'better' clothing, Ryan was already ready to pound his 'fathers' head in. "Kate! thank GOD your here! make him shut up! PLEASE!" Ryan pleaded, Octavian huffing in annoyance as he scowled at Ryan. "see if i ever help you again!" the Vampire complained, Ryan rolling his eyes. "i'm TRYING to sleep you insufferable windbag! i don't CARE about clothes so long as i get to WEAR some!" he complained, shooting Cain a glare as he said that. "now if someone would be so kind as to help me get into a shirt, or at least cover up under the blankets before my nipples freeze off, i would be much less grouchy!" "you'd be less grouchy with a nap i think." Octavian mused, Ryan making a strangled sounds as his fingers twitched... clearly a resident 'mutt' desired to strangle a certain adopted father.

Kate gave octavian a look, frowning annoyed."Ocatvain!He's supposed to be resting. Don;t bother him."She scowled sitting down on the bed, kissing ryan's cheek as she looked at him amused."Are you so sure you want to be dressed?"She teased before looking at the other two."Out!He's not going to get any sleep while you two are here."She said a soft growl to the words, determined to take care of the man who wanted to be her mate,even if she hadn't totally accepted the idea yet.

Octavian sulked at her and huffed. "but i can't annoy him when he's in full health! he strangles me!" Octavian complained, Ryan growling. "i should have staked you through the heart the last time you stopped by!" Ryan complained, clearly VERY grouchy, his eyes flashing furiously, Octavian simply brushing off the weak powers of the Basilisk mixed breed. Ryan could cause a massive migraine in most people, but against a vampire, it was rather useless. Octavian and Cain did leave, and Ryan sighed in relief. "that damn old man." he complained, still rather pissed off. "complaining about freaking CLOTHES of all things." he growled before smiling at her. "and i would like to be dressed yes... i'm COLD." he complained. "and you took my blankets Kate!" he whined, sulking at her with his pretty lips and his yellow eyes. "could you at least cover me up with some blankets?" he asked hopefully. "...and kill Octavian for me? you know you want to... i know you hate him just as much as i do... go on, you can do it. i'll claim it was self defense!" he promised her, laughter glimmering in his eyes and smirking to show he was joking. "we should probobly neuter Cain too, just to make sure he can't breed."

Katesmiledwincingasshelookedathim,"I'm sorry."She muttered hanging her head as she pulled the blankets back upover him,gently stroking his hair out of his face with amusement, before laying down next to him, nodding slightly."We should. Nochild deserves having himas a father.He's just to annoying."she said, and the smile on her face was teasing. Because while cain annoyed her sometimes, she wanted him to be happy.

he chuckled a little and smiled at her. "it's not your fault. i find it much more amusing to blame everything on Octavian and Cain." he admitted with a nod. "in any case... so long as Cain and Octavian never hook up together, i think we should be fine." he decided. "i know Octavian is bi, i don't know but i have a sinking suspicion that Cain is Gay..." he glanced at her with a raised eyebrow. "... make sure you castrate the both of them... we must never, ever let that happen!" he ordered simply, chuckling as he rested his head on her shoulder and proceeded to use her as a pillow while he dozed, sighing softly. "you still smell amazing." he mumbled happily.

Kate smiled a littleshuddering,"Oh they better not hook up. It would be something cain did."she mutteredwrinklingher nose a little blushing slightly at his words."Well as long as you think so."She said wondering how she was ever going to tell him about this.That evening kate stirred,nuzzling her face against ryan's shoulder,"you hungry?"She muttered her stomach grumbling about the wolf not getting up and eating.

he chuckled softly at her complaint about them and nodded as he drifted off. when she woke he whined but didn't snap as he had at Octavian... grumpy gus was gone. "starved." he admitted sleepily. "can i have something bloody?" he asked hopefully. "cooked meat turns my stomach..." he admitted sluggishly. "and do you think you could send Octavian up? i hurt all over and i don't want to use your blood again... it does funny things to me." he admitted sluggishly, still half asleep... but you could easily hear the pain in his voice.

Kate nodded."I'll go get your steak."She sid getting up, glad that he hadn't thought to much of her blood,but knowing that she was going to go insne keeping it from him. She just didn't know how to get the voices out. Smiling as she headed downstairs, getting his steak before looking for octavian as she held the slightly warmed steak in her hand."Octa?"

he smiled at her and nodded. "thank you." he murmured happily, settling into the blankets again as Octavian looked over at her. he was lounging on the couch, looking as poised ad perfect as ever, reading one of Kate's Law Books. "hum? ah, does Ryan need blood?" "...you've been giving him blood?" Cain asked from his position on the floor as close to the fireplace as he could get without catching fire. "not often. Vampire blood tends to have adverse effects on people. i only do it in emergencies." Octavian admitted, Ryan shaking his head. "he will use my blood then... i don't know what Vampire blood will do to a Basilisk.... i will have to experiment with that." few people knew it, but Cain was actually a geneticist... of a sort. he studied bloodlines, and how different bloods affected one another. he was quite rich in doing so as well, and better yet, it required very, very little work. "is he still grouchy?" Cain asked as they headed up the stairs. "because i'm not going in there if he's going to call me a windbag!"

Kate looked thoughtful wrinkling her nose."Well, it can't be worse then giving him my blood cain."She pointed out to her best friend, snickering as she nudged her best friend."No, he slept, but can we really help it that you really are a windbag?"she teased stepping into the room and sitting on the edge of the bed, "Which do you want first, blood or steak?"

Cain shot her a disgusted look. "i'm not talking about addictive qualities, i'm talking about the actual physical responses. like how after he drank your blood, he basically got stoned. that's a physical reaction." "after he drinks my blood, i have to keep him restrained or he tries to go for the neck of the first person he sees." Octavian admitted simply. "and he avoids sunlight like the plague for a few days after." Octavian admitted simply as he followed them. "you see, Basilisk's are of a different kind of blood drinker, we are actually affected by the kind of blood we drink. the more we drink, the more control we have over the effects, save for certain species, whose blood is highly addictive to us." Cain explained as he walked into the room, Ryan blinking at them. "blood first." he groaned softly, Cain chuckling as he sat next to Ryan. slit his wrist, and held it to the others mouth. Ryan didn't even hesitate. he pulled the wrist tight to his mouth, and started to suck. Cain shivered, his eyes fluttering and Octavian smirked. "it feels good to give blood to a basilisk." he admitted to Kate. "it's like being bitten by a vampire, only not so overwhelming."

"Huh.That's odd enough."She said thinking about it, running her fingers through her hair, before sihing quietly."I don't mean to be addictive."She muttered glaning at cain,feeling out of sorts for being addicting. Afraid that it was her smell and blood that was drawing ryan in."Well, do I have to worry about them hooking up?Cause if it feels good, and isn't overwhelming."She teased snickering as she looked at the two men.

Cain smirked a little at her. "it's only addictive if you drink it Kate." Octavian stated simply. "you smell good to him, simply because you smell good." he assured her, Cain smirking. "oh i would LOVE to 'hook up' with Ryan..." Cain purred, stroking the wounded man's hair before he started to scream. Cain dropped from the bed, ripping his arm away from Ryan, whose eyes where as black as midnight, and where glaring at Cain who was shuddering at the Basilisk venom coursing through his veins. "fuck... fuck that hurts! sorry... sorry Ryan i never meant to accuse you of ever abandoning Kate." Cain stuttered as Ryan snarled, trying to sit up to go after Cain. Ryan snarled again at the apology, but settled back into bed, Cain snickering in amusement at the averted catastrophe. "well... at least i know if he has poison now or not... apparently my blood even affects him... his instincts just went haywire... course, i DID insult his honor." he mused, licking at his bleeding arm, Octavian snorting. "honestly Cain, you should know better." "sorry..." Ryan muttered, blushing furiously. "i.. didn't mean to..." "it's not your fault Ryan. your not used to blood yet." Cain stated with a shrug. "admittedly... i really should have known better."

kate bit her lip as she looked up at octavian, still unsure about how she smelled but okay, she'd not think about it for now. Yelping as ryan jerked away she made the bone crunching, painful pass to instant wolf, growling at cain as she landed on the bed straddling ryan's chest, nudging cain away from him.Despite being such a slight wolf the hair standing up on her back made her seem bigger, and she looked ready to chomp down on cain to get ryan to calm down.

Cain looked stunned as she shifted, and he scrambled away from her. she'd only attacked him once in wolf form, she was the only person who had ever made Cain experience pain, and he wasn't very interested in repeating the experience. Octavian was laughing and Ryan looked about as happy as a man could be! his mate was protecting him! of COURSE it was a cause for Ryan to be happy. "it's ok Kate." Ryan muttered, stroking the fur. "Cain's just an idiot. he didn't mean to say that i wouldn't be faithful to you." he promised her, gently rubbing her ear as he smiled at her, glancing at Octavian who nodded, grabbed Cain by the hair, and dragged the basilisk out, Cain simply complaining about his hair style. "there, all better." Ryan chirped happily. "weren't you going to help me eat my steak?" honestly, Ryan just wanted to see if she'd be naked again, he hoped so.

Kate gave the basilisk another warning growl, huffing as ryan stroked her fur, turning her head to nuzzle her fce against ryan's shoulder. Whining in pleasure as he rubbed her ears she looked at the steak, quirking a ear as if to say she could help him eat it, stretching her neck out to nibble on the edge of the steak before hopping back off the bed and shifting back, staying on her hands and knees as she panted, in pain from the two quick changes, naked and looking beautiful as she stayed where she was, trying to recover.

Ryan chuckled a little as she huffed and smiled at her a little as he was nuzzled, ignoring the pain that caused his broken collar bone. he grimaced as she panted on the ground and carefully, so very carefully lowered his arm to gently stroke her hair. "i'm sorry, i forgot that it hurt you." he muttered softly, blinking at her a little. "will you be alright?" he asked softly, worrying his lip a little as he examined her. "your gorgeous... did you know?" he asked softly, offering her a playful smile.

Kate whined quietly as she raised her head to nuzzle his hand, panting as her sides heaved, breathing heavily through the pain."You forgot?I thought you wanted to study the process."She teased before sighing as she pushed up off the floor, wavering on her feet a little before sinking down onto the bed with him, relaxing slowly as she closed her eyes,for once totally oblvious to being naked."I'll be fine. Give me a few minutes."She muttered before blushing."So you keep telling me, though I'm not so sure."She said looking amused even with her eyes squeezed shut as her body adjusted to being human again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom