Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dreams and Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cain lifted an eyebrow. "Kate... Basilisk are not territorial." he stated simply. "in fact, back when there where hundreds of thousands of us, we used to hibernate in massive piles of us." he admitted simply. "Basilisk love being with other Basilisk." "...apparently not when there's Water Nymph blood involved.... sorry. i was half asleep and you scared me..." Ryan admitted, examining Cain intently, jealous of the others ability to look entirely human, as all pure blooded Basilisk could. "you must be Cain?" he asked, a smile twitching at his lips. "i'd get up to shake your hand, but i'm broken." "broken my ass, even if you where only a fourth Basilisk, there's nothing that could hurt..." Cain froze, suddenly taking in the fact that Ryan hadn't moved and his eyes widened. "good Lords Above your really broken!" Cain gasped, stunned beyond belief as Ryan attempted to nod, hissing in pain. "this is what happens when a group of six go after you with baseball bats... metal ones... and then run you over a few times." Ryan admitted, Cain looking impressed as he glanced at Kate. "and your nude in bed with him, because?" "full moon." Ryan answered for her, but Cain nodded as if that answered everything. "ah. well Kate, why don't you get dressed then? it's not like i haven't seen you naked before." "i think she's more reacting to my presence... i'm trying to seduce her." Ryan admitted simply, Cain lifting both eyes in shock. "really? how interesting."

kate snickered a little looing amused at the two's words before standing, taking the blanket with her."It is interesting. And I'm takng this. I don't want to be naked."She muttered blushing looking embarassed as she pushed past Cain before returning in a few minutes dressed nd blushing."Well, now that you've met. Cain, this is ryan, ryan, cain."she said sighing a little."Now, do either of you need anything?"She said ebarassed at falling asleep.

Ryan snorted in amusement when she ran off with his blanket, sulking a little as Cain lifted another eyebrow. "...so you can't use a computer huh?" "oh don't YOU start in on that!" Cain snarled, Ryan laughing at the sulk in Cain's voice. "yes. i require something bloody." Cain stated with a sniff, Ryan snorting again. "anything is fine for me." Ryan assured her. "and tell mister Fancy Pants to buy his own food if he's so hungry." "i don't like you." Cain growled, but moved over to Ryan and covered him with the blanket so the injured Basilisk wouldn't get cold. Cain left Ryan there and followed Kate, his head tilted. "Kate... what in the world are you doing with a broken Basilisk? you know what we get like... when he starts recovering enough to move... he might not be able to help himself... what are you going to do? tie him to the bed?" Cain demanded, looking at her, worried. "you understand what he means when he says he's trying to seduce you, don't you? and for that matter... how the HELL did people get away with beating on a Basilisk!? even if he IS a Mutt!?"

"Well then, I'll beat you bloody, then you can do that."She said rolling her eyes at her best friend looking amused as they walked into the kitchen,starting to gather food for them both"He's a client, and he was miserable at the hospital.Figured if he was here, I could brow beat you into coming and helping me take care of him."She said before smiling slightly as she put cain's steak on a plate."No, that's why I have you to take care of him."She muttered before sighing."They're not. They got arrested."She said shrugging a little

Cain snorted a little and shook his head. "get something bloody for the broken one, the blood will aid his healing." Cain ordered simply studying her intently, his tongue tasting the air. "you LIKE him!" Cain finally hissed, a wicked smirk on his lips. "you LIKE him! you have a CRUSH!" he cackled with laughter, and then shook his head. "i was thinking of moving down here anyway, i can stay for a few weeks to help you take care of the Mutt." he decided simply, taking his bloody steak, and just because he knew she hated it, unhinged his jaw, and swallowed the steak, bone and all. at least he hadn't sucked on it this time and left blood dripping down his chin as he had done the LAST time he was over for dinner. "he will need a bath soon as well, he's starting to stink." Cain admitted simply as he wiped his bloody palm on his pants with a smirk as he examined her, cackling again. "i cannot beleive you like him!"

Kate rolled her eyes as she got ryan a raw steak to, flushing at cain's laughter."Don't!he's going to hear you."she whined like a puppy who wasn't getting their way. "Good. And I have room on my ocuch so you can stay here until you can find a place."she said smiling a little before sighing wincing as he swallowed his steak."You know, I eat my steaks bloody to, but that's to much cain!"She whined heading for the bedroom and handing ryan his plate."Do you need help eating again?"She said smiling as she sat on the edge of the bed

Cain snickered, delighting in Kate's misery, but obeyed her commands. it was rude to torment someone in their own home after all. "i will not be sleeping on the couch." he growled. "you will light your fireplace and i will sleep on a nest of pillows in front of it." he stated with a haughty sniff, pausing as he reached Ryan's doorway, his eyes narrowing as he moved into the room, studying Ryan intently. "...you are in pain." "...huh? no of course not." "you are lying... you are in Agony... i didn't realize what i was feeling until now... your ability to hide your agony is commendable... but you are only doing yourself damage." "i can pretend to not be in pain if i damn well pl...AAAH son of a fucking BITCH don't TOUCH me!" Ryan yelped, gritting his teeth intently. Cain had barley touched the broken Basilisk, a bare stroke and Ryan was gasping in pain. "you will NOT hide your pain from me Mutt!" Cain snarled, Ryan uttering a short whimper, startled by Cain's ferocity, his yellow eyes wide, stunned before he nodded his consent.

"i didn't want Kate to worry..." Cain's body was in Ryan's view, so Ryan wasn't really aware that she was there. "Kate took you in to take proper care of you." "there's nothing that can be done for the pain, YOU should know that!" Ryan complained, his voice filled with agony. "blood will help. my blood will help even more... Kate's blood, should she be willing to offer it, will do the best... it's addicting though, Kate's blood." "i'm not going to drink Kate's blood, Monster i might be called but monster i am not!" "...you are a fool and an idiot." Cain growled. "you are denying parts of yourself because of idiotic notions of the uneducated and the fearful." Ryan examined Cain, clearly not fully understanding that one. "...what?" "your hiding who you are because you want people to like you, Stupid!" Cain yelled, Ryan cringing away from the Dominant Basilisk, Ryan blushing as Kate finally appeared with the steak. "... yes please... it hurts to move my arms..."

Kate smiled a little as she shifted the glass she was holding, setting the plate on her legs she glanced at Cain,"You shouldn't be yelling t my houseguest."She said even though she was glad he had because she knew how to help. Having opened a vien before walking back into the room she held out the glass of juice laced with blood. "Now drink. I put some blood in it, so it will help, but you will drink.."she said glancing at cain,because she didn't know if she was doing this right or not,but wanting to help.

Cain shrugged. "he's being stupid." he stated simply, Ryan growling at the annoying Full Blood, glaring at him with flashing Yellow eyes, Cain laughing in delight. "you can't Stun ME you pathetic Mongrel!" he teased, Ryan huffing before grimacing at the orange juice that was shoved under his nose, giving her a horrified look. "i hate orange juice..." he grumbled, but obediently Drank the juice. it wasn't long before his slitted pupil's had completely overtaken any color in his eyes, a small smile on his lips, looking for all the world like a man high on weed. "...hmm... your blood is more potent on him than i thought it would be..." he admitted looking at the empty glass in her hands. "how much of your blood did you put in there?" he asked, blinking as he carefully removed the blanket from Ryan's limp, prone form. "i should really give him a bath while he's out of it... we can't give him your blood all that often..." he admitted examining Ryan's eyes before nodding, picking the broken Basilisk up and carrying him off to the bathroom to get clean.

he returned to the bedroom once Ryan was clean. Ryan was still out of it, completely stoned on Siren Blood. "he'll probobly be like this for several hours. he can't feel a thing... which is good... because i may have accidentally dropped him." Cain admitted simply, laying Ryan on the bed and grabbing new pants from the overnight bag that Ryan had brought with him from the hospital. Kate had probobly gotten more of a look of Ryan than she really wanted... his toes and feet where normal, but bright green and black scales where crawling up from his ankles to his inner thighs. no wonder he had blushed when he spoke of shedding... he even had a line of scales down his spine, ending in-between the crack of his ass. "he's going to be shedding soon... see how his scales are sort of cloudy?" he asked, making SURE that Kate at least looked at the naked Ryan, who was laying on top of the covers.

Kate blinked looing startled at what ryan's reaction was, tilting her head a little. "No more then coating the bottom of the glass."She said biting her lip, looking worried. Watching him settle ryan back into the bed, she flushed as she looked out the window, blushing a little as she glared at Cain."Cain!stop making me stare at him."She whined before walking out of the room, looking annoyed with her friend. While the woman DID want to see him naked, she wanted to see him when he was feeling better and awake.

Cain snickered a little as Kate 'yelled' at him. he loved being a dick, he really did. he carefully dressed Ryan and headed out after Kate, humming happily. "i think he's never had blood before." Cain admitted simply. "that's why he's reacting so strongly. if all he's ever had is dead animals for his blood intake, he's never developed a resistance to it, the way most Basilisk do. we'll feed him a steady diet of fresh blood, human and Basilisk to build up his tolerance... his pain levels are also not helping, his natural defenses are down because of the pain, making him even more susceptible to the effects of your blood." he smirked. "we're going to have to be VERY careful about him biting you. i don't know if he has any venom or not, but in the state he's in... he might not be able to control it at all. or himself..." he admitted, frowning a little. "how much do you know about him? he acts as if he was raised by humans..." he grumbled, his eyes narrowed. "it's fairly disgusting." he admitted. "he will have to be taught. i can imagine laying in bed all day gets boring... i will arrange lessons." Cain decided, typical of him, he didn't care what Kate or Ryan wanted. what Cain wanted, Cain got, and Cain wanted to... educate Ryan. so willing or not, Ryan would be educated.

"Well, that would explain his reaction."She said looking slightly relieved that she hadn't addicted him. That would be a trauma, and it would forever break the already hesitant werewolf, to see ryan follow her around like a addict. Holding out her still sluggishly bleeding risk she raised a eyebrow.""want a lick since it's going to waste?"She teased before sighing a little. "I don't know a lot. Only that his parents died young, and he was raised in a orphanage, and taken in by a vampire later."She said sighing quietly, before snickering."I'm sure he'd like that."She said amused at his take charge ways.

Cain chuckled a little. "it would take more than just a single try of your blood to get him truly addicted Kate. there wasn't enough blood in there. yes he's probobly greatly enjoying his pain free day, but he won't remember most of it anyway." he admitted simply. "we'll use my blood from now on. Basilisks cannot become addicted to Basilisk blood..." he admitted, pondering that. how terrible would that be? he hissed viciously when Kate offered her arm, and before he could stop himself his hand was on her wrist, gripping tightly enough to leave a bruise, his head coming down before he jerked back to his senses and practically tossed her arm away. "you know better than that dammit! you know what you do to me!" he complained, scowling at her as he shook his head. "an orphanage... yes i imagine his fear of other people's opinions must have stemmed from there." he mused. "does he call himself a monster often?" yes he did actually, it was slipped in so easily that most people didn't really notice... but Cain wasn't most people, and he had noticed. "yes... he certainly needs teaching." he grumbled, handing her a damp cloth to stop the bleeding of her arm.

Kate smiled looking relieved at that before smiling slightly, moaning quietly as cain's mouth closed on her arm, as much addicted to the helplessness as a baslisk could be to the blood. "I know, but I was bleeding anyways."She said scowling slightly before nodding."When he slips up and it just comes out yes."She said shrugging a little. "Well, we'll just teach him then."He said sighing softly as he cleaned her arm.

Cain scowled at her and shook his head a little. "Kate, the last thing i need is to be wanting to go for a vein all the time." he complained. "just... don't offer me anymore alright? i can't contain myself." he admitted simply, frowning a little as he nodded and watched her cleaning his arm. "come on, he's going to be out of it for most of the day, i know you have work to do. why don't you do that, while i go and get my things and look around for a house of my own." he ordered simply. "i'll have Thomas go and get my things i think." he mused to himself, heading outside. it was rather ridiculous really, Cain had two butlers, one that stayed at home in his Manor, and one that went with Cain wherever he went to deal with the 'plebeians', as he called pretty much everyone. so really, Cain was going to have Thomas, the butler in his home, pack his things and send David, his driver, to go get them, and then he was going to send Erin out to find a new place to live. fortunately, Erin, Thomas, and David seamed to find Cain both amusing, and interesting so they never cared in the least the weird things that Cain made them do. in fact, Erin, had once told Kate that he was CERTAIN that Cain was more than a little 'mad hatter'.

KAte rolled her eyes as she headed for her bedroom, intending on working from there."ill see you tonight."she said sighing quietly. That evening she walked into the spare bedroom, smiling when she saw that ryan was awake."How do you feel?"She said smiling as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

Ryan mostly dozed off the blood, and when he woke up as she sat on the bed he looked a little confused before smiling at her. "i feel a lot better... that blood was a kicker... i think i slept all day. i've never felt anything like that before, i didn't know blood could DO that." he admitted, shaking his head as he examined his naked chest. "... i feel clean at least, Cain must have bathed me while i was out..." he muttered, glancing at her. "... is he always... you know.. like that?" no, not always, sometimes he was even worse, and if he really liked you, he did make some attempt at being nice. like he was for Kate and his own 'stooges'. "i don't hurt so bad now at least." he admitted with a nod. "so long as i don't try to move anyway." he admitted, studying her for a long moment. "he doesn't like me much, does he?" Cain didn't like him, but he didn't dislike the broken Basilisk either, mostly Cain was just indifferent about the whole thing, though he WAS annoyed by Ryan's clear inability to act like a proper Basilisk. "and can i ask you for a favor?" Ryan asked suddenly. "all my stuff is at my house... would you mind going there and getting my laptop? i hate sitting here doing nothing all day... it's driving me more than a little Stir Crazy... i have an Audio system set up on my computer, so i won't have to use my hands or arms or anything to use it."

(sorry it took so long, its been a really busy night ><' now I'm just going to lay down and rest. lol)

"Cain's cain, he's usually worse."She chirped before smiling."He doesn't like anyone much, but he's mostly annoyed because you don't know how to act like a basilisk then anything else."She said shrugging a little before running her fingers through her hair looking away from his bare chest, blushing ever so softly."I'll go over with cain so don't worry about me going out by myself."She teased because she knew that while he knew she could take care of herself, basilisks always thought their mates needed more protection

lol poor Lady. XDD life always gets hectic at the same time for you doesn't it? go lay down and have a nice nap^^)

he smirked a little and shook his head. "Father never had much time to teach me, and he wasn't much of a Basilisk himself. Mother had it mostly trained out of him." he admitted simply. "i suppose Cain will teach me how to be a proper Basilisk, whether i want to be or not." he mused, looking rather amused by that thought. he hadn't realized he had been worried about her going out on her own, but he relaxed at the promise of going with Cain and he nodded. "i'd appreciate that, thank you." he muttered, smiling at her as he watched her blushing. "you CAN look you know." he teased, a twitch at his lips showing her that he was struggling to hide his amusement. "i'm not going to get angry at you... we both know that Cain left me 'top bare' on purpose." "indeed i did!" Cain chirped, sounding entirely too smug as he strode into the room, wearing his favorite Haori. "we're going to start your lessons now Mutt! so you'd better pay attention!" Cain chirped as he sat down in a chair, studying Ryan as the broken one rolled his eyes. "why in the world are you calling me a mutt?" "because you are a mutt. you have more than two bloodlines. that means your not a half-blood... just a mutt." Ryan snorted, looking more amused than insulted. "if you say so Peacock." Ryan shot back, making Cain sputter in outrage.

lol it does. And I wish, tried and I'm so tired I can't sleep XDD)

"That's sad.You should be allowed to be what you are."She said her eyes sad, because she knew the truth of her parent's relationship. Her former pack was one of the few that had been female run, at least behind the scenes because her mother had kept her father so enthralled to her that the alpha werewolf hadn't protested anything she had done to hi mor his pack. Flushing a little as she stole a glance at him, she pouted as she realized he was laughing at her. "Cain, stop being annoying."she muttered before looking at cain."No name calling.now. I'm going out, do you want to go with me?"

he chuckled a little. "my mother didn't do it on purpose. it just sort of happened that way." he admitted simply. "the Phoenix in her hated the Basilisk in him, so in order to mate her, he had to change what he was on a fundamental level... it sort of made him a little crazy, not that my mother realized or he cared." he admitted simply, smirking a little as he shook his head. "but i like name calling. it amuses me." he admitted simply, glancing at Cain who paused and then nodded. "yes, i will go with you. i don't like the thought of you going out alone... not until we're certain whoever tried to kill the Mutt has all been caught. if they where going after him personally, they might target you just for helping him." "... i remember the faces of my attackers." "yes, but did you catch all the freinds of your attackers?" Ryan went so pale, that Cain realized he shouldn't have said anything. "calm yourself Ryan. i will be going with her, she is my best..." he paused. "well, she's my ONLY freind really... i would die myself before letting them get to her." Ryan growled, annoyed that someone else had to protect his mate, but he had calmed down and relaxed and he nodded, his eyes fixed on Kate, begging her to be safe.

"Oh. Well that's understandable...sorta."She said frowning a little before standing, looking amused that they were so protective, rolling her eyes as she bent to press a kiss to ryan's forehead."Don't worry. cain's just worrying to much."She said before leaving with cain, glaring at him for upsetting ryan. The wolf in her wanting to please her mate, and it upset her to see him so upset.

Cain looked a little shocked at Ryan, his head cocked to the side. "your Father was Artemus Sinclair... wasn't he?" he asked, looking astonished as Ryan nodded. "yes.. did you know him?" he asked curiously, before he was distracted by the kiss and his worry. Cain grimaced a little at her glare and hesitated. "i'm sorry Kate, i did not mean to upset the boy... he's... much more fragile than i thought him to be. he's nothing like a Basilisk. he has all the body and instincts of one, but his mentality... i beleive his being raised by a combination of human's and a Vampire might have untold psychological effects on his mind..." he admitted, his eyes narrowing a little. "i do not understand.. Artemus Sinclair should have had several years to teach Ryan... the mutt doesn't even know how to properly great another Basilisk for pity's sake!" he complained, sighing a little as he waved David down, the Limo coming to a stop in front of them. "where are we going anyway?" Cain finally asked, blinking at her.

kate winced a little, her shoulders sagging. she knew she was just going to be so bad for ryan, and for some reason, tht stung her heart nd made her want to cry. Sighing a little as she got into the limo she smiled."We're going to ryan's house. He wants his laptop and a few other things."She said before leaning back in her seat thinking."Not if he was so intent on making a phoenix, who was supposed to hte him, like him, that he overlooked his own son's training."She pointed out with a slight sad dsmile.

Cain blinked at her a little. "what's your issue?" he asked, noticing her dejected attitude... surely she didn't know just WHO Artemis Sinclair was!? Ryan was certain that no one but the Basilisk's... and maybe that annoying Vampire Octavius, knew just who Artemus Sinclair was. "hmm Ryan's house... good, a chance to see how much the Vampire has affected him." Cain purred, rubbing his hands together in delight. really though, Cain was just a nosy busy body who wanted a chance to poke around in Ryan's house. "you know... you might as well give it up." Cain stated suddenly as he looked at Kate. "a Basilisk ALWAYS gets what it wants. and Ryan very clearly wants you. trying to fight him, will only delay the inevitable truth of you two getting married and having ugly babies." that wasn't as much of an insult as one would thing, Cain thought ALL babies where ugly. he strode into Ryan's house and nearly staggered before laughing. "i'd say the Basilisk in him is JUST fine!" Ryan's house was completely covered in nicknacks, shiny sparklies, interesting tidbits... Cain's house was exactly the same way... only Ryan's was organized and out of the way, Cain's was like someone had exploded a disco ball all over his house. apparently, the desire to hoard pretty things, was not just a 'quirky Cain' thing. at least it was easy to find his laptop and the speech system that went with it. and Cain took the time to grab Ryan's toothbrush even... wasn't that... sweet of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom