Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Hunt (Nero-Shadow-Wolf & Alice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the bomb exploded sending everything sky high, a fire lit deep within himself...almost as if he had done something worthwhile...or maybe he just wanted to see something explode in such a grand fashion."Y-yeah let's get going Ayla, I can't wait to collect my half of the reward."He said as he strode beside her with a certain happy jive in his step." and hey Ayla...Thanks for helping me on this job I didn't think you'd be up for it considering the line of work I'm in."

She was literally mesmerized by the fireball and had to shake herself, standing she reached for the prone form of the big boss and hefted. The man was huge, she was thankful Nero was here that way she didn't have to do all the grunting and groaning it took to get the bastard back all by herself. "Depends" she grunted dragging the guy a few feet. "What is your like of work?"

Running back through the conversation they had she couldn't quite remember. "Guess I wasn't paying total attention" she said with a sheepish little laugh. He seemed to have the carrying thing under control, so she kept pace walking beside him. "I'm not much of an assassin I prefer this bounty hunting gig, assassin just seems so...." she shrugged at a loss for the word and kept walking. "But... I won't know till I've tried it.. and it might pay well...Alright one job, I'll go on one job with you. If things go well and the money is good you might be getting yourself a new partner"

As she said partner, his ears perked up and he looked back at his companion"Well that would be nice, being an assassin isn't so bad either...pay is good, you get to go to exotic places, and meet new exciting people."He said making the job sound like move of a vacation instead of an actual job.The night air was still as rain continued to pour over the landscape like a sheet over a bed."So was that boss a problem for you?"He inquired with a teasing tone.

"Look at the size of him, and then look at the size of me. If you look closely at his lip you'll realize that part of his bottom lip is missing. He and me got into an argument and we decided that he would be better off without it so I bit it off" she shrugged as she thought about what it would be like to be an assassin. The rain had drenched her through and through, her clothes clung uncomfortably to her body. "We will discuss me being a partner later after we dry off. That sound fair?"

Agreed I'm going to need get some rest after we are done with business because damn am I tired."He said with an exhausted tone. A few hours later, the duo made their way back to town and arrived at the bounty center."Ok here's the place now lets go in and get our money!"As he stepped through the door the air changed from cold and damp to warm and dry, a welcome change of scenery considering the weather outside.

The woman running the bounty center soon had everything under control and the bandit was taken away and the big ol sack of money was split between the two. "Now there's a sight that does me good" she said happily bouncing the sack in her hand. "Come back to the Inn I want to see if I can beg a bath if I pay a little extra, and maybe some good food as well."

She giggled "wolves... but I do have to agree it is really beautiful tonight.... do you ever miss your wife and child being on the road all the time" she asked, it was more then just filler in conversation she was genially curious. If she had a husband and a child she would want to be with them, not that she had ever thought about being married, but she would be totally in love if she did. Shrugging she was grateful when they finally reached the Inn, warmth washed over her as they stepped out of the rain. "God thats good" she said to herself as both went straight up the stairs with a side trip so Ayla could ask for a bath.

Well of course I miss my family, they are the only love in my life."He said as he looked at his companion with a plain face. while Ayla was taking a shower, Nero was in his room writing in his journal about today's event, with only the flickering light of the candle to provide him with any sort of company at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom