Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

**Sorting Thread**

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
All 1st year students and transfer students will need to be sorted into their house for the University. If your student falls under this category and needs to be sorted, please post their sorting here before you post anywhere else so that they have a 'home'.

la66.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
old school ,new school
29ommpw.jpg

Name (Nickname):Stacey Jones
Attire:school robes with a pink cameo tank top with blue jeans and black boots.
House/Year:raven claw 1st year
Wand:6 inches ,cedar,unicorns hair
Tagging:anyone
Time:Tuesday, September 5, 2073; Morning"

Stacey walks in to be sorted for yet anther year of school but this time at a new one. She felt a little nervous. She waited in line as other students had their names called to be sorted and she kept looking at the hat and it bought back memories to her sorting at Hogwarts. She smiled knowing this was not all that new but this hat was different what house would it put her in this time would she go into raven claw again or a new one. Soon it was her turn and she sat under the hat and got sorted into raven claw. she then left for the corridors.
(exit to the corridors)

ehcisz.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name (Nickname): Astrid Shadowstorm
Attire: Generic school uniform and robes.
House/Year: Unsorted/1st year.
Wand: Ivy, Unicorn tail hair, 8 in, swishy.
Tagging: Anyone.
Time: Tuesday September 5, 2073; Morning.

Astrid stood in a corner by herself, her robes clutched tightly in her hands. She was a bit nervous being at the new school--unsure and uncertain how the people would be with a half Veela roaming the halls and castle grounds. She detested what she was, wished she could somehow clean the tainted blood coursing through her veins. Just then she let out a sigh, her hand reaching up to push at her silvery hair that had somehow flowed in front of her all too angelic face. Ugh... she hated it. Loathed it. But it was all she had left... she looked so much like her mother.

Her mother...

Suddenly, Astrid could feel her eyes welling with tears. How she wished she could've told her parents how much she truly loved them. But those moments were gone. Never could she say a word, not another word and never would she receive the tender gestures of unconditional love that they always tried to give her no matter how harshly she tried to push them away for being what she was. It wasn't their fault. She knew that. But... And they were the only ones who truly loved her, the only ones she could count on to see past the Veela blood she detested with a passion.

"Astrid Shadowstorm!"

Astrid blinked, her head turning so that she could see the headmaster gesturing her to come up to the Sorting Hat. She nodded and walked up to the hat, her pale eyes unblinking as she stared at the ratty thing. She swallowed hard as the hat came down upon her head, its thoughts meshing with her own.

A difficult child, a beauty so fair.
In Ravenclaw you stayed,
And spent some time there.

There's more I see
A strong heart to the core.
No. Where you belong now...
That would be...

Gryffindor!

Astrid's eyes went wide and immediately she looked over at the headmaster, her expression showing puzzlement. But the headmaster just smiled at her and gave her a firm pat on the shoulder along with a reassuring nod. Biting down on her lip, she stared at her lap briefly and returned the nod.

"Gryffindor it is then," Astrid whispered, mostly to herself.

(Astrid exits to the Corridors)

kp.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name (Nickname): Arienne/ Arie
Attire: Pale Aqua Robes since she doesn't have house robes yet.
House/Year: Ravenclaw// 6th year
Wand: Birch, Pegasus feather core, 12 inches, springy
Tagging: anyone
Time:Tuesday September 5, 2073; Afternoon

"Sorting has been over for an hour, Miss Nightshade." The headmaster said, not unkindly. "Since this is your first day, we shall overlook your tardiness for now, but it will not be tolerated again." He paused, appraising his new student.

"The sorting hat is waiting for you. I will be waiting outside when you finish." He paused again, his expression unreadable. "Please be sure to obtain proper house robes before you attend your classes. I do love the color, but I'm afraid the other professors won't appreciate it." His eyes twinkled as he exited the Great Hall, leaving Arienne alone.

She walked slowly up to the sorting hat, remembering her first sorting when she was eleven. She'd sat on that stool for an an embarrassingly long time before being sorted. Arienne decided not to sit this time, since she was alone she figured it didn't matter if she sat or stood.

She plunked the hat on her blonde curls. That hat whispered in her mind.

"Let's see here, shall we? You would be a great addition to any house here at the academy." The hat paused, " No, perhaps not Slytherin. I feel someone who is outspoken, fearless and driven, like a true Gryffindor. I feel a longing for learning and knowledge, someone clever and creative, like a Ravenclaw. I like ballet, too, you know! I feel a yearning to help people, yes, you want to make the world a better place like many a Hufflepuff."

Not again! Arienne thought. As a child she'd been more concerned with the spotlight but the hat and seen some similar traits in her, though some of them had developed over time.

"Yes, I know you have changed, " the hat whispered. "Let me ask you, why are you here?"

"Dont you know?" she thought.

"Of course I know, but I want to hear from you."

"To learn" Arienne thought. "To learn to be a healer, and learn complicated potions and to help the sick."

"Well there it is." The hat whispered conspiratorially. "Ravenclaw!"

The only thing Arienne could think as she took of the hat was "Thank Merlin for not putting me in Hufflepuff, though I think I'm still a lioness at heart." But she was still happy.

2ufdr21.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Name (Nickname): Elizabeth Harper (Betsy)
Attire: Generic school uniform and robes.
House/Year: Unsorted/1st year
Wand: Spruce, Dragon heartstring, 8in, springy.
Tagging: Anyone.
Time: Tuesday September 5, 2073; Morning.

Betsy felt her heart racing after her name had been called by the headmaster. It was funny, in that moment she felt just as she had when she was eleven years old and attending primary, that nervousness flooding back along with all the memories. Just then she winced. Such memories... such a time. It had been such a hard time indeed due to her parents constant interfering and pushing and... Her fingers reached down and grabbed at her wrist. She could easily feel the scars there. One in particular. Without thought, she touched her index finger to her thumb and began to slide it along her wrist and up her arm. At that she scowled inwardly before finally letting her arms drop to her sides.

Left, right. Left, right. Betsy's feet suddenly felt like lead as she walked up to where the Sorting Hat was. So much pressure... so much... But at least this time it would be her decision, not her parents. Hers. Taking a deep breath, she reached out for the hat and placed it on her head and sat down. Closing her eyes, she let the hat do its work.

Difficult difficult so much here.
Ambition and desire, that much is clear.
To find yourself, that's what I saw.
Yes, my dear. You are Ravenclaw!

Betsy's eyes flew open and she turned to look over at the headmaster who seemed to be beaming at her. Was there something he knew that she did not? No matter. The decision had been made and... she was happy. Slowly, her lips quirked into a smile and for the first time in a long time she actually felt a bit easier. She just hoped her time at the university would be easier than at primary.

Giving the headmaster a nod, Betsy slid down off the seat and prepared to face the day, her first day at Hogwarts University.

(Betsy exits to the Great Hall)

Back
Top Bottom