Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Harry Potter - OOC Thread

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
This is where those of us involved in the Harry Potter REVAMP group RP can discuss pretty much anything and everything OOC-wise. It is here that the GM will make ANY and ALL announcements (please be watchful for them), it is here that all MAJOR plot discussions will be discussed, it is here that any ideas/suggestions that people have will be put forth, etc etc etc. An active OOC is a good thing since a thriving group RP NEEDS good communication from ALL those involved. Sooo... have fun!

Just letting people know that I've spoken to a couple more people via PMs and we WILL be getting more joining in our fun! WOOT!!! So be on the look out very soon for their interactions here in this subforum!!!

Also, some things I should mention...... if people ever have requests for any IC threads to be made, do feel free to ask about them. If they are approved, just provide me an image for it and I will then post it on up for you. Some potential possibilities here include: Professor's Quarters within the castle. Unlike last time.......... ALL professors will be staying on the castle grounds. If they wish to own a place elsewhere (say like in Hogsdale or on Hoggington Isle or even somewhere else entirely), that's cool, but they'll still have a room in the castle itself. Also, if anyone ends up traveling elsewhere, we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

This brings me to another thing...... Curfew. Now, seeing as this is a university, curfews aren't as strict. We'll say that people are a bit more free to roam the castle at late hours, but when it comes to roaming the grounds, there won't be and it'll be more because of the Haunted Forest than anything (even if it does have that barrier charm for protection). So, on weekdays, we'll say that curfew is midnight and on weekends, unless the students have notified faculty/staff, the curfew is 3am. So, students need to be INSIDE by those times. Once inside, they can do whatever..... of course, it's expected that students will break these rules, lolol! And possibly even some professors, lolol! But if they do, they just have to make sure not to get caught... or get caught by someone who would potentially turn them in. You know.... use discretion, keep this real, don't be ridiculous. :)

Lastly, I wanted to bring up 'times'. In the headers we'll be using, there's a slot that lists 'time'. In there, we will be placing a date along with a rough time of day... such as: morning, afternoon, later afternoon, early evening, night, etc. Those rough times of day along with when a new day starts will be announced by ME and ME alone. I will make those announcements in here. So be sure to keep tabs in here for those announcements along for any other announcements I might make. And I warn that I tend to make a lot of them, LOL! Plus, this is where we all should be discussing our ideas and suggestions for plot twists and such, where we should be letting people know if there's something specific we want to implement with our characters so that people have that heads up. For anything MAJOR, it'll need to be run by me and get approval, but if it'll also need to be brought up with others involved as well. Minor things can just be done without worry or things that just affect your own character, etc. If you are planning a pairing or anything, I suggest sending that person a PM to make sure that they're ok with it... otherwise you can take your chances and let things happen naturally, but just remember when you do that, it might not always go the way you want it to.

Anyway..... I think that's all I have to say at this time. No doubt I'll have more to say at some point down the line. But if anyone has any questions, suggestions, comments, etc. By all means.... have at it. :)

Just letting people know that a new class has been added to the list of classes that can be taken..... Muggle re added to the Defense. So, if people want to add that to the list of classes that your student is taking please feel free to edit your character profiles as needed.

Also, with professors........ as professors are added to the roster, they can notify me which classes they'd like for them to 'teach'. Now, sure, we won't be RPing out the classes formally, but you never know if the person controlling the prof will post an assignment of note int he 'class' thread or if students will need extra help or what have you that might be relevant. So, as such, when those get claimed, I'll be marking them off in the interest thread so that people can keep track and anyone new who joins will know who has what, etc.

Another announcement...... In the 'Interest' thread... I added in info regarding the Headmaster of the university. Be sure to read up on him. You can find it in the section labeled 'start up' in the first post of the thread. :)

Still more announcements.... can you tell that this thing is gearing up for readiness??? :)

Added another class to the list... Muggle Healing, so if people need to update/tweak profiles, please do so. Also, if people are tweaking.... please mention it here in this thread. Thanks!!!!!

Added a few more IC threads as well. There is now a Training Room, WAF Labs (expect to see a blurb about that in Notables in the very near future) and a couple of Professors have their rooms, hehehehe.

So cannot wait for this thing to launch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my own excitement I've even created a couple more characters so I now have my usual 5 going. I knew it would happen, lol. It tends to. XD

EDIT: I tweaked my own characters' class rosters. The only one who did NOT get tweaked in some way was Eleanora.

That's fine by me so long as everyone else RPing along is ok with it. So, if the majority are game, then it's fine. :)

Also............ whether everyone is ready or not, since we are waiting on one person, this group RP will launch on February 1st, which I do believe is this coming Friday. So, do expect for me to start posting for my characters then. If you have characters that are unsorted, PLEASE post in the 'sorting' thread FIRST and get your character sorted before you post anywhere else. Also, DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE HEADERS! Not only will we be using images, but we will be using house crests as well. All the codes are provided for you to use. You just need to copy/paste them.

Thanks! Soooo cannot wait!!! XD

Woohoo! First posts have been made! Be aware of the 'time'. I've made the date "Tuesday, September 5, 2073; Morning". As things progress forward in time, I'll be sure to let everyone know in here in OOC. So be aware of that. Also, in your 'location' sections of your headers..... make sure you update those so that we know where you are in each thread when you post. :)

Ok. I'm sure people have noticed that I'm nudging everyone out of the Great Hall, sorta, and to class. You don't have to get them out instantly. But soon-ish. Also, given that. Do we want the time skip to be lunch time or after classes entirely? I'm game either way.... majority will rule here.

Nope, not too late. That gives us a majority now. Since my vote was an 'either way' vote, though had it been split, I'd have cast a deciding vote. But it looks like I won't need to now. :)

Also..... just a note to everyone...... some characters seem to be ready to move on to AFTER classes while a few are still doing things BEFORE classes. Lets try to keep things semi-sorta-kinda on the same time frame so that we aren't eons ahead and/or behind each other. A little time discrepancy is fine, but we don't want it to be so ridiculous that it makes it impossible for characters to cross paths. Anyway, if this happens, then people either need to catch up or slow down accordingly (and within reason, of course). And you can bet if it does, I'll say something in here as well, especially since final call on the actual time within the RP falls to me as your GM.

i shall get my girl caught up then smiles
okay she is off to class now to skip to after classes
where should i post her next hmmmm.

Hey, wildkat..... both Nikki and Ellie independently wrote notes to everyone and had them sent to the Ravenclaw Dorms informing each other and your character that they were being held up or what have you and would need to change plans for another day. So, if your character went to the dorms, she should've seen their notes. Just letting you know I wrote that for both characters. :)

i am waiting on zach to post in the coven unless he moved and i missed that lol.trying to put my girl someone but so far no luck sigh i hate brain freeze.

Hello everyone! I am still very new to the site and trying to get comfortable here, but I am looking forward to doing some roleplaying! Please excuse my poor articulation when it comes to plot idea. I'm really open to anything!

Plot ideas:
My character a 6th year transfer, and many of the characters are much younger than mine, so I had the idea that perhaps Arienne and a teacher could meet in Hogsdale at a bar or club, and hook up, not realizing that they will be teacher and student for the rest of the year.

Arienne is by no means a virgin, but she is bi-curious as well as pretty vanilla. So maybe some of the more experienced students could give her a lesson in kinky wizard arts?

Heads up to everyone regarding the time within the RP....... we are going to be heading into 'early evening'. So, keep that in mind when filling out your headers for your characters. Since we've all been having them do things in the later afternoon for a while and everyone is pretty much gearing up for dinner or around that time, makes sense to move on. Plus, we need to move forward into the darker hours of the first day back. Yes. hehe. So...... let's move on then, shall we? Yes, we shall. :)

Back
Top Bottom