Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Princess.. Er.. Prince. (WishXDon't)

The mocking phrase made Ewan grit his teeth, eyes narrowing at the other man. What, did Reese expect flowers or something? Did he expect him to lay the world at his feet? To give him everything he could ever want and desire? To be gentle with him? The very thought of it all made Ewan himself scoff, only finding those thoughts ridiculous. Who would ever be happy with a so called happily ever after? Ewan only found enjoyment in being himself, especially around the person he was going to bed with. If Reese was looking for some white knight then he probably should of read the fine print before he had allowed himself to be signed up for this.

At the question he rolled his eyes, pushing Reese up and back onto his feet before he too stood. Walking over he grabbed his boots and yanked them on, not even sparing Reese a glance as he started for the door. "That was breakfast, Reese. Or were you not paying attention to the bowl on the table." He gave a wave of his hand, grabbing the door and yanking it open before he finally looked back at the man to wait for him. "Of course it is. Been set since six this morning. Just because i don't like waking up early does not mean that the rest of the city doesn't' wake up when it should. Or do you believe that we won just because our border is better protected than yours?" He smirked, referring to the many raids his army had done on their kingdom. "i just always find something better to do than go to sleep, like say. Bedding a beautiful princess."

That was breakfast? Reese turned to look at the bowl in shock. That was a pathetic breakfast, if you asked him. Ewan continued on, opening the door for them in favour of leaving the room. Reese picked up an apple, sucked in a quick breath and followed the man out, putting on his best princess face with a complaint to go along with it. "That certainly isn't what I'm used to," Riley quickly informed him. There was a clear difference from the man who had exited the room and the 'woman' speaking now. But only Ewan would know. She kept her mouth shut after that, only opening it to bite into the apple in her hand.

Riley caught up to the space beside Ewan and looked towards him. "Where is your doctor?" she asked before taking another bite. That was the only place she could think that her nurse might have been. After all, the two of them should have been working together towards the move. She still had no idea where they were exactly going. She had asked about seeing the market but Ewan didn't give a sign that they were going other than slipping into his boots. Once again, Riley was just going along for the ride.

Ewan rolled his eyes, looking more than peeved at the words as Reese stepped out and he closed the door behind them. As it stood he already didn't like this side of the man, that on comment sending him into frustration. Of course, Reese could do the same but it was as if he was more frustrated that Reese couldn't be himself than the fact that Reese was actually acting like a woman. Turning on his heels he started down the hall, wanting to at least catch up on some of his duties before they headed off towards the market. At the question his eyes darted to Riley, slowing down slightly as he thought it over. "In his over, probably. Where he should be. I'm certain that he is researching what ever he needs to try and understand everything." He frowned slightly, stopping completely as he looked harder at Reese. "Will you make up your mind. One second you want to go to the market the next your asking about the doctor. Where do you want to go Riley?" Yes, he was becoming quiet fed up with her and they had only been standing next to each other for a short amount of time.

Ewan had half a mind to turn around and drag Reese back to the room, just to keep him from having to act like this. Like some prim and proper princess that wouldn't hurt a fly but he knew better. Knew that tongue could lash at him at any second. Knew Reese was holding back so that he could pull off his princess persona. But it was only making him want to tie the asshole down and beat him until he started acting like Reese again. Maybe that was exactly what he would do. Truly tie Reese up. From head to toe. if only to hear him get pissed off again.

"Medicine," Riley reminded him, taking another bite of the apple as he stared him down. That was one of the more important things he needed to get before he could start the day. But then, as if cued ky the heavens, an older, grey haired woman stepped around the corner, letting out a relieved sigh before approaching the couple.

"The you are," she greeted warmly, pausing to show proper respect to the royals in the form of a bow. Her grey eyes turned back to the smaller male before she held out a cup for him. "It was a challenge getting to know where your room was. Most of the people didn't seem to want to tell me without explaining the whole situation." She watched as Riley drank the clear liquid from the cup and shivered at the taste. She smiled and took a chance to look at the prince, refusing to meet his eyes. "Your highness." She bowed again. "I hope you're feeling well today. People are already waiting for you two out in the town. Word was sent up when your cook returned with the dinner order. It seems that you two are quite a hig deal."

Reese laughed hesitantly. Great, more people. "Well it's not every day there's a royal wedding, right? They're probably just excited to see us again." Most of the children who may have wanted to see the pair were most likely in bed when the two went out for their evening ride. Reese could have expected such a thing to happen that morning, no matter how much he wanted to avoid it.

The woman nodded again and took the cup from him with gentle hands. "I wish you both the best today," she added with another bow. "Enjoy yourselves." And with that, she bussled off back down the hall to return to the what Reese could only guess would be the medical ward. The princess let out a soft hum before biting into the fruit, narrowing his eyes down the hall.

He softly hummed before turning to look at Reese again, removing the glare in his eyes. "She has wonderful timing," he pointed out. "Shall we then? I'm quite interested in what your marketplace has available."

Right. Her medicine. That would be a necessary now that they were together. Frowning he slowed down, intent on actually taking a turn down a different hall when a woman came out from around the corner. Silently Ewan watched her approach, hand moving out to grab Reese's arm to pull him behind him before the woman spoke. Aw, so this must of been Reese's nurse. Pulling in a breath he put his hand back to his side, watching as Reese gulped down the medicine and then shuddered. He could only imagine how disgusting that must of tasted. Though if he had been in Riley's position he would of cared either way. If it helped in any way at all he would of been all for it.

Ewan gave a nod of his own when the nurse bowed to him, arm's coming up to fold across his chest as he waited. By the time the two of them had finished their conversation Ewan's patience had run out, a dark huff leaving his lips when Riley finally turned to him again. "What, don't you have a market place of your own, Riley? Or is your kingdom so poor even your citizen's can't bother with it." He snapped the words out before he turned on his heels and started down the hall he had been about to turn down. Dammit, it was like Reese brought this horrible side out of him. Making him lash out even when the man hadn't done anything wrong.

"Come along, Riley. Wouldn't want your adoring fans to feel like your ignoring them." He gave a wave of his hand as he walked, not even bothering to look behind him to make sure that Reese was following. Really, at this point, he didn't care. If Reese stopped then at least he would have a reason not to go to the marketplace. It was always full of people and seeing as the kingdom knew they would be making outings for the next few days it was going to be even more packed. Everyone wanted a glimpse of the newly wed couple, especially this new princess from the kingdom they had been waging war with.

The glare returned almost as soon as Ewan finished insulting his wife's home again. "We do," she said, trying her best not to hiss in case someone else was down another hall and could hear them. "You happen to have other items that you never cared to trade with us." If the two kingdoms came to each other in hopes of trading, perhaps things could have gone better. instead, one was dominating the other on the battlefield, leaving Reese's country with just want they needed to survive and even then, most of the merchants were scraping by. It was the harsh truth, and certainly one Reese never wanted to admit to Ewan, but the man had hit the nail on the head in a way.

Riley followed along behind the man with the horrible looming feeling that he was forcing the other prince into something he really didn't want to do. The woman did though; she wanted to see the city she would be temporarily living in and what they had to offer now that a peace agreement had been reached. There was absolutely nothing that said the pair's new kingdom couldn't trade with both of the countries to get the most out of their effort. After all, the ties could come in handy later on. But if Ewan really didn't want to go, he didn't have to. Reese wasn't ready to spend an entire day in the room with him. Not when he was itching to get out and do something with his day. It was bad enough that he would have to sit in a meeting with his mother-in-law. He wasn't going to allow his morning to be taken up inside either.

"You could always stay behind," Riley suggested, joining Ewan at his side, just far enough away to stay out of his reach. She had to get her thought out before Ewan decided to lash out in anger. "I know you'd hate to do that, and it wouldn't be the best option, but if this is really torture for you, by all means, stay behind."

Ewan couldn't refrain from rolling his eyes at Riley, running a hand through his hair as if to sooth himself. "War, Riley. Or did you forget that?" He stopped so he could turn to her, finally noticing how far away she was from him. Just out of arms length. "My mother wanted to own your kingdom. Why would we trade with yours if we wanted your land? It would make no sense. Here's some food and other things o but hey, we are going to go over there and kill all your fathers and brothers and sons. That's okay right?" He scoffed, giving a shake of his head as he started forward again. That is until Riley spoke up again about him not needing to go to the market. Was this woman for real? Did she truly think it was okay for her to go out into the public eye by herself?

"And what kind of image would that create, Riley? Or did you not think about what it would do to have them see you out there by yourself? It would make me look like a fool. As if i don't care about you. We must make a united front if they are going to follow behind us to the joined kingdom." It was as if Riley wasn't seeing the whole picture, and she probably wasn't. "I understand that you don't know my people yet but if you haven't noticed so far, they aren't very trusting. If you were a citizen would you follow behind a king and a queen that didn't seem to agree on anything and was divided or would you follow the king and queen that was. That stood tall and proud. Was a united front so their people could stand proudly behind them. Even for something as small as this. We will go together."

Once again, the man was acting as if Reese was stupid. It was the exact opposite; he remembered the details of the war very well and remembered almost every day that had passed during that time. But if they were willing to trade earlier in their kingdom's relationship, there may have been no war and everything would have been far better than it was. Perhaps even the women in his family would have been alive. It was slim, but without the stress of a battle waging, there was a chance...

There wasn't a good chance for Reese to think of what was going on around him, being dragged from his thoughts within seconds by the man in front of him. His eyes settled on Ewan's own, holding his own gaze while the man spoke to him. The image? Well it certainly wouldn't be one that he would want others to see, that was for sure. To let people think that Ewan was going to let his wife wander alone? That wasn't safe for her, male or not. As the man spoke, Riley couldn't help but notice a hint of expression; of perhaps even passion, behind his words. He was serious about what he was saying and for all the right reasons. She couldn't help but respect that and even admire it. Just a bit.

Dragging in a deep breath, the 'woman' nodded. She couldn't agree with everything he had said since they met but she had to agree with this fact. Going out in public alone would only hurt her and their reputation. But at the same time, she wasn't going to let him hover over her for the rest of Reese's life.

"Fine," Riley agreed, placing a hand on her hip, looking over the man's expression before tracing his body language. "Then let's go. Fresh air is important before I have to see your mother."

"Fresh air isn't the only important thing you may need before seeing my mother." He huffed the words darkly, judging the distance between him and Riley for a moment before he took a giant stride towards her closing the distance. Reaching up he grasped her chin before she could yank away from him, frowning darkly as he stared at her face. "I do not like the difference in you between in my room and outside it." His eyes searched Riley's own, giving a tug to force Riley even closer. He was still upset about Reese's change, his attitude obvious as he snorted softly before giving Reese a push. It was hard, meant to force him to stumble back into the wall and Ewan quietly followed him, forcing the other man to keep backing up until his back hit the wall. Slowly he flattened his palm against the wall beside Reese's head, grabbing the back of the man's head with the other. A gentle pull forward and his lips were pressed firmly against Riley's. His teeth scraped dangerously against Riley's lips, threatening to bite as he pressed himself more firmly against all of Riley's soft curves. There was only one thing he wanted in this moment, one thing that he wished to see. Reese.

Breaking the kiss his fingers tightened in Riley's hair, using it to keep the man firmly in place as his lips moved across Riley's jaw to his neck. "If you do not tell me to stop soon someone will come upon us shortly." He chuckled the words softly, pressing himself all the more firmly against Reese's body. His lips had finally found a spot to rest, nibbling gently on the curve of Reese's neck to raise a soft red mark. No woman in his own court would dare push him away, Ewan knew this. Knew that if he wished it he could fuck Riley right where they stood because he was prince, because it was his wish. Of course Gossip would quickly spread of the act but Ewan didn't care. It would only solidify their relationship to the people but if Riley refused him, allowed Reese to peak out even for a moment.. Satisfaction slipped from him at the mere thought. Knowledge that he could break Riley's calm facade. It would be icing on the cake.

'The only important thing?' That didn't give Reese a good feeling. In fact, that worried the man deep down. There was no fighting from him as Ewan closed the gap, followed quickly by stumbling back, quickly hitting the wall that stood behind him. Yet again, Reese was cursing his small form and the disease that had caught him all those years ago. Without it, things would end up going that much better, not to mention his whole life would have been easier. But now he was pinned to the wall with a man at his throat, kissing and doing as he pleased to him without giving a second for him to think of properly react. As the man threatened to harm him yet again, Riley brought her hand to Ewan's arm, digging her nails into his shirt and against his skin. Wither he liked it or not, he was going to get Reese. There was no way he was going to allow this sort of thing to happen in a public hallway; prince or not. With his other free hand, he pressed it against his husband's chest and pushed, straightening his arm as much as he could to get his point across, even if he couldn't push him away as easily as he would hope.

"Then why don't you stop," the man hissed through his teeth. "Hm? I'd really like to get outside this morning." Ewan had already disturbed his morning routine. This was the least he could do, or so Reese thought. If everything would go as he wished, he would have been outside by now, with Ewan, browsing the market with the man by his side. That was all too easy and far too normal for their relationship though and Reese knew he wasn't going to get such a thing from this sort of relationship... whatever kind they had.

Thrusting his finger into the man's chest, Reese continued to push him away. "You have me every night," he pointed out. "Give me mid-day." Mornings were written out if Ewan was known for sleeping late. Reese would probably pick up on that pattern after a few days. The middle of the day was the next best time.

Ah, there he was. Right where he wanted him. So Riley was nothing more than a mask he could wear from time to time. The genuine person was Reese. Ewan didn't even try to stop Reese as he was pushed away, allowing the space between them to appear again though he let his frustration be known on his face. His eyebrows rose in silent surprise when a finger as pressed into his chest and Reese started to make demands, a smirk curling up the edges of Ewan's lips. Now he was demanding things of him. This was the person he was married to. Not that prim and proper mask Reese used to hide himself. Ewan liked the real Reese, not the fake Riley. "Demanding things now are we?" There was a soft amused chuckle in his voice, hand reaching up to grasp Reese's wrist and yank his arm down so that his finger was no longer pressed to his chest. "Okay, i give. But that mean's you obey me no matter what it is i want of you at night. I'll give you mid-day. I'll even give you morning but at night you give me your full submission. Agreed?" He smirked, dropping Reese's hand as he stepped back and turned. "Good." He didn't even wait for Reese to respond to him, taking the answer from his lips without him even saying anything. "Then to the market it is."

A smirk had firmly planted itself on Ewan's lips as he made his way down the hall, rather pleased with this new arrangement. It was nothing more than he already was forced to do, give in to the orders being given around him. Though Reese didn't know that. Didn't know that Ewan usually had to bend over backwards for his parents without a single complaint. It wouldn't be any different with his wife. But at night, once he was back in his own chambers he could do what ever he wanted and he was already inventing new ways to keep Reese from waking up at the crack of dawn. Ways that would exhaust him into maybe even sleeping through mid-day. There was already so many different things he could do to Reese. The very thought of them made the smirk deepen. "Come along, Princess. Or you will miss the best items at the market. They are usually snatched up rather quickly."

Demanding? He wasn't... okay, yes he was. He'd give Ewan that one. The man didn't have a chance to respond and instead followed behind Ewan once he slid away from him. Reese had the day, Ewan had the night. That was how it was going to go down even if Reese hadn't suggested it, right? He was glad he spoke up in that case, just so he could make sure he had some time to do what he wanted. As the two walked through the halls, Reese couldn't help but think about the man in front of him. He wanted him obedient yet fighting; a woman yet a man; left overs of his own kingdom yet exactly what Ewan was used to at his own home. This whole thing was almost uncomfortable for him to think about. Once they travelled further into the castle and found more public and servants, Riley caught up with Ewan, linking arms just in time for several of the knights to pass through the halls towards what would most likely be a meeting of some sort. Riley's eyes dropped for a short moment as the men passed, only to rise again just in time to give the commander a small, polite nod. Coming out even further into the main hall brought Riley closer to her husband, hugging his arm tighter just as any proper princess would. She followed beside him out to the market only to be instantly wowed by the amount of product that was laid out in front of her.

It was just like the stories Reese had been told of their own market before the war. It was far larger than he remembered his own to ever be. Blown away was a simple, almost under-rated term to what her true feelings were about it all.

Reese had a way of surprising Ewan, that was for sure and it was no more evident than when the man snatched his arm and held onto it. For a moment he wasn't sure what to do, wide eyes looking at Reese before he pulled in a slow breath and looked forward again. It was what a normal princess would do, clutching to her husband but he knew that wasn't the real person, the person that would yell at him just as quickly as he had snatched his arm. Ewan gave no mind to the servants or the knights, not even the commander, instead keeping his eyes forward as if they weren't there. It wasn't like him to say anything to them in the first place though the surprise was obvious on the commanders face when Riley acknowledged him. A second later and the man was gone, replaced by the splendors not to far from the castle's back door. Being in the middle of the city had it's advantages. The market was one of them. It was held in the back courtyard during the morning, just inside the castle's own walls. If there was a siege, or an attack the market would be safe and the people would be able to freely trade with each other still. His father had demanded it.

Looking down at Riley Ewan couldn't help the soft laugh that came from his lips, a real laugh this time. "From what i've been told your own kingdom's market isn't even half the size of this one. But with such a large city there was a need for it's size. Every corner of the city converges here and that being so every corner has it's own blacksmiths and the likes. Here they come to set up and show their goods to everyone. Of course they keep their own shops running and this stand running. It gives them a chance to sell to other parts of the city that they normally wouldn't be able to sell to, seeing as it's hard to get to every corner of the city every day." As he spoke he led Riley down the steps, ignoring the bows that came their way. Guards were set up all over the market, covering every square inch of it with their eyes. They would be safe, hopefully.

Slowly he took her to the first vendor, a woman selling blankets. "What do you want to look at?" He glanced to Riley for a second before he looked down at the blankets, frowning slightly at them before he reached down and touched one of silk. "We can look at what ever you want."

Having a market place inside of the palace walls was never something his father had thought of. The idea of it was almost as if they would be restricting access to it simply by having it so close to the home of the country's rulers. Many people didn't want to come inside simply because they were intimidated by who could be watching out their windows. The city was protected by a large wall, strong enough to keep out any intruders and unwanted guests, which was enough to protect his people. The public square was an ideal location for such a place; open enough for the public yet close enough for the royal to visit when they wanted to get out of the palace walls. To be this close to the castle wasn't giving Reese the feeling he wanted. His eyes narrowed slightly to no one in particular as the looming eyes washed over him, realizing there was no escape from the gaze of the royal family. Even if he was somewhere with Ewan, he was betting there would be a guard around them, monitoring their behaviour; everywhere but Ewan's private bedroom. And there, he belonged to the man.

The cross look didn't stay for very long as they began to approach the market. Riley had to behave herself around the villagers. He released his husband's arm, choosing to give him a bit of space now that they were outside, but still stuck to his side, scanning around the area and the shops nearby. Ewan was focusing on silk... Reese had enough of that from his own kingdom to last a life time. And it was better quality he was betting. After all, his lands were known for their weaving. He didn't spare the shop keeper a second glance, instead favouring a weapon smith a few stands down. Jewellery was nice but Riley was never one to wear ornate decorations and he wasn't ready to start now. Even if Ewan decided to shower him in jewels and gold, it would be rare for the princess to put a piece on if it wasn't for some grand occasion.

But weapons was something he could enjoy, no matter what the gender he was playing at that moment. Being a nation in war, Riley was given the basic training with a blade and bow, which he practised every once in a while. Archery was a favourite of his but he knew his way around a sword just as well as the next royal. In fact, Riley had defeated a prince or two in a sparing match in the past, much to their embarrassment. It wasn't often that they went against her but even when they weren't holding back, she had a horrible habit of knocking them on their asses. There was a reason why her father decided she couldn't challenge others any more. Against someone like Ewan, there would be some trouble, but as soon as the cockier prince's dropped their guards, it was easy to take them down.

The bladesmith's work was something to be admired from even that distance. While he waited for Ewan to finish what he was looking at, the princess kept her eyes on what was laying out on the table in front of the stand. Raising onto his toes, Riley eyed a beautiful Damascus steel dagger sitting out, tied to the table to keep people from stealing them as they ran past. Ornate worked on a blade; not so much on his neck. He could admire jewels and decoration on the handle and scabbard for a weapon far more than a necklace or something of that sort. "There," he commented, gesturing down the path slightly once he got Ewan's attention again. "I want to look there."

Ewan looked up from the silk he was staring at when Riley said there, glancing in the direction that was gestured in and smirking slightly. O, so his new wife had a thing for blades? Anyone else would probably think how odd but Ewan himself couldn't help himself but think how fitting. Reese was a man he could see wielding a blade, even with all that long hair. Full armor, hair braided back, sword in hand. Ewan would find him formidable on a battle field. Thankfully he would never have to face him. His own selfishness would want to take him back as spoils of war. Take him hostage, bring him home and do whatever he wanted to him. The thought made a smile slip onto Ewan's lips as he took Riley's hand and headed over to the booth that Riley wanted to go to. When they reached it his smile fell, glancing at the weapons on the table. His own sword was made from stronger material than most of this, having it hand crafted by the best in their country and maybe he'd do the same for Reese. Give him a sword made for a man of his caliber, even if he didn't take it with him. At least he would have something in case he actually needed it.

Ewan stayed silent as he allowed Riley to look at what was in front of him, trying to figure out what kind of knife would look best for Reese in his head. His thoughts however were distracted by a hand on his shoulder, causing him to start slightly and turn glaring eyes at the man beside him. The commander from before stood there, looking rather disgruntled. Sky blue eyes slipped from Ewan to Reese and then back again before he spoke. "Your highness. There has been a disturbance in the lower courtyard. We've tried many times but the man just won't back down. I was hoping you might be able to help but if you have other obligations.." His eyes drifted to Riley again before Ewan gave a small wave of his hand. "It's okay. I will come." Turning he looked to Riley, frowning darkly. "The commander will stay with you. Things like this happens often." He gave a slight shrug, looking to the commander once again. "Stay with her until i return." He gave the man a look before he headed off towards the lower court yard. The doctor may of told him not to do anything but he wasn't going to just let something like this slide, especially in the market. Such a large city needed it's people watched constantly. A constant watch meant less crime and any disturbance had to be dealt with quickly.

Riley crossed towards the stand with the man, smiling lightly as his eyes danced over what was displayed before him. Mostly daggers and smaller blades, nothing fit for a proper battle, but a perfect glimpse into what the man was capable of doing. Luckily for the weaponsmith, he had decided to come into the market that morning instead of sending his wife and son. When the royals approached his table, he quickly turned his attention towards the pair of them before focusing on anyone else; and of course the others didn't mind. They were part of the royal family after all. Paying attention to their needs is what the city was there for. Reese was talking to the shop owner on the same level, impressing the man to no end. Until the commander approached the pair.

Reese turned slightly to listen to the commander, raising his eyebrows. There were fights in the market? If someone wouldn't listen to the guards, was it really wise to pull the prince into the mess? Certainly not after Ewan had hurt himself the night before in another fight. This wasn't going to end well. But Reese could say nothing to keep the man there and instead, he was pushed into the captain's command in a situation that he didn't think would be the only time. Riley saw the look from Ewan and kept his mouth shut, humming softly in displeasure as he watched him leave the space. Once Ewan had wandered into the crowd towards the problem, Reese turned his attention towards the commander, almost expecting the man to introduce himself. It was a habit in his home land to do such a thing, but he never had the chance to speak to someone else here, let alone deal with introductions.

The commander wasted no time in small talk, stepping up to the stand and leaning against the edge. "If your worried about the prince don't be. This small scrabble is nothing compared to the feats i've witnessed him do." He waved his hand as if dismissing the notion all together. "The only reason we even got an advantage on your kingdom was because of him. He rallied the troops and marched them straight into the heart of your kingdom. You can think the shift in advantage to him." He nodded in the direction that Ewan had quickly walked off into. Those blue eyes slowly looked Riley over, lips pressing firmly together as he folded his arm's across his chest. "I've never seen him loose a fight. Even broken and bleeding he's like a tiger when truly unleashed." The words brought a smirk to the aging man, head thunking against the wood as he leaned against it. "You know, everyone's guessing how long it will take before you try and run back home. This isn't a place for soft edged woman to walk into. And you look like if someone walked over and pushed you'd fall flat on your back." Hand snapping out he shoved at Riley's shoulder, forcing her to stumble back slightly.

A second later he caught her arm, keeping her from truly falling over. "Don't worry, i'll watch your back." The man smirked, obviously happy that he had been able to at least do something to the princess of their rival nation. Even now that they were combining there was still a line between the two kingdoms. Merging them was going to be hard, especially after years of being at war with them. Turning the commander looked down at the table, frowning darkly at what he saw. "looking for something, your highness?" His eyebrow lifted, the softest smirk on his lips as if amused that Riley would even be interested in daggers and small blades.

The commander's tone didn't sit well with Riley and she made it known by the cross look on her face. When she was pushed, she did stumble slightly bit caught herself just before the commander had a chance. When he reached out, Reese grabbed his wrist, pushing it backwards towards his arm, forcing it into a position that, if he desired, he could break it with another form push. His eyes narrowed and he slid closer, making sure the man could hear his words clearly despite his softer tone. "You do not have my permission to touch me," he stated clearly. "Nor Ewan's. I ask that if my life is jot in danger, you keep your hands to yourself." And by ask, he meant demand. No princess would want A knight grabbing at her without her permission and a commander was no different. Besides, Ewan wouldn'r want to hear about the two touching. Riley released his hand, dropped her own and turned back to the blades.

"Your weapons are different than ours," she explained as if nothing had happened between the two of them. "In out court, we use rapiers more than longswords. And you would never see a bastard in our halls." It simple wasn't their style. Large, powerful blades weren't what they were after; the more agile the better was their thought. Mind over brawn... All of it added together made it quite easy for Ewan to, as was just pointed out, charge straight into the city and take what he wanted. In the field of battle, the mindset was quite different, but never having gone up against an enemy such as his men didn't help them try to figure out what to do against a powerful enemy. Assassins were known to come from Reese's land, in fact they hired many of them out to other lands, but they weren't the same as knights.

"I'm just seeing what may be available."

The man growled darkly when he was released, gritting his teeth as he stepped back again as Riley addressed the blacksmith. "Filthy northern Bitch." He muttered the words under his breath as he glared away from the stand and Riley alike. The words were just barely loud enough for Riley herself to hear and for the blacksmith not to, wanting just her to hear them. They weren't nice words and obviously the commander believed that he would be able to get away with it. However he was keeping a respectable distance from her now, keeping his eyes on the crowd instead of her. Atleast he was doing what the prince had wanted him to do, to watch over his wife.

It was another thirty minutes before Ewan made his way back, a new scratch on his cheek bone but obviously nothing else damaged. Reaching Riley and the commander he threw a man at the commanders feet, huffing darkly as he glared down at him. "Take this man to the prison's and have him locked up. I won't have assholes like him on my land, let alone allow anyone to think they can raise a sword against any guard, let alone me." The commander gave a bow, reaching down to grab the man who was tied up. Ewan looked relatively alright, except for the hitch in his breath and the scratch on his cheek that was still bleeding slightly. The wound on his side had opened up as he had tried to restrain the bastard and anyone who knew him well enough would see the pain in those brilliant green eyes. However he refused to leave just because of that and instead moved over beside Riley, wrapping an arm around her waist to tug her against his injured side. "Find anything that you would like?"

Despite the commander's words, Reese continued the conversation with the shop owner, using his knowledge of weapons to his advantage in this case. They both had a good conversation and by the end of it, the blacksmith had figured out what Riley was used to and began to plan out a new weapon to sell to the public. When the prince returned, Riley turned to look at him, watching as the rebellious, new prisoner was taken away as ordered. Now that the commander was gone, Reese had a chance to drop his guard. The man may have been there to protect him but after his small shove, Reese didn't feel as protected as he should have. Ewan had been hit and just by his body language, he could tell his wound had opened up, despite what the doctor told him to watch out for. This man was going to be stressful to live with...

Riley slowed his movements so that when he touched his husband's side, it wouldn't hurt as much, or so he hoped. His eyes lingered over Ewan from his position against him for a short minute before he turned away to look back at the stand ahead of them. "Looking," Riley told him with a smile. "Nothing today. But thee smith has agreed to bring something by tomorrow that I may be interested in." With a small nod of his head, the weaponsmith nodded in return and turned away to the next customer, leaving the royals back in their own conversation. Riley made a small gesture to start forward, taking it slow to allow Ewan to set the pace of their trip. "Your commander is quite rude though," she added as they were walking, making sure to keep the conversation between the two of them. "I don't enjoy being addressed as a bitch by others." While he couldn't stop Ewan from calling him such a thing in their bedroom, out in public, things like that had to stop before others began to pick up on the habit.

Ewan gave a nod, glancing down at the wears before him when it sank in. "Tomorrow?" That meant he was going to have to get up early again, didn't it? The prince had to bite back a groan, containing the eye roll as he gave a small sigh. It wasn't like he could allow Riley to show up here alone and he wasn't going to trust any one in the guard with her longer than twenty minutes. At the gesture Ewan started to move, keeping a tight hold on Riley as they started away from the stand and towards the middle of the market. At her next words though he hesitated slightly, feet faltering for a moment before a slow smirk slipped onto his lips and he leaned his head down further. "Did you call him out on it?" It was a simple question really. If Riley had said something about it the commander probably would have backed down but if Riley hadn't it would be as if Riley herself had given the commander permission to call him such things.

"Our wedding hasn't changed much more than the fact that your my wife around here. If you want them to respect you as their Queen your going to have to command that respect. Maybe where you come from, the man protects his wife but here our woman have a back bone. They fight along side our men. Bleed along with them. Yell and scream. Call him an asshole back and he'll back down. Like a child who's being reprimanded." If Riley had expected Ewan to protect him from things like this he was wrong. Riley needed to learn how to stand up for himself if all he was going to do was stand behind Ewan. "Your their princess. And will very soon be their Queen. Don't allow such little things to annoy you. Now if he touches you punch him in the fucking face." He snipped the words off at the end, lifting his head from where it had been beside Riley's as he had spoken quietly to her. His eyes landed on the middle of the market, smiling slightly at the sight. It was a bustle of motion, everyone moving around the meat stands as people called out prices and the things. "How about fish for dinner? And we can grab some sandwich meat for lunch."

Riley scoffed as they walked, giving her own roll of her eyes as they walked along the street. Throw a tantrum? Really, that's how they dealt with their problems? "I try to be a bit more mature than a small child," she commented. "But obviously it works for you so perhaps I really should change my ways." Her words were lightly lined with perfectly placed sarcasm, such that only a master would be able to properly wield and dish out in polite company. Reese nor Riley wanted to have to deal with people that way, but if that's what Ewan was going to suggest, then maybe it was the 'proper' way in their country. Either way, if the commander dared to address her as anything other than 'your highness', there would be hell to pay. Certainly if such a thing was allowed. "But I did call him out on it. Or I pointed it out to him. No screaming or making a scene but I made sure to tell him not to do it again."

About that time, they came into the middle of the busy market. Reese slowed down long enough to take a good look at the stands around them. He was wondering where the food had been and he was quickly answered. This was a perfect and extremely logical place to put it. Central to everything and open to the most public of streets. The scents of what Reese was familiar with began to flood back into his senses. Food of all sorts, most of which he was used to. Roasted pork, fresh beef, smoked fish... it was beautiful. Reese's mouth was beginning to water at the idea of eating. He nodded in agreement and narrowed his eyes towards a stand he recognized. It was a small shop from his country, no doubt moved to the larger city in exchange for their freedom. And from what Reese saw, it was doing quite well. There was a large crowd in front of it, beginning to push to get up to the counter in time before everything ran out. The couple behind the counter were grinning ear to ear, more than willing to help their customers.

"There," Reese pointed out, thrusting a finger out at the familiar stand. "We should eat from there."

Ewan gritted his teeth, eyes narrowing in Riley's direction. "You know exactly what i meant, Riley. Don't take his shit and he'll give you respect." He almost snarled the words at him, trying to keep his voice low as he spoke. Though his full attention went to the meat market in front of them as they reached it, the smells making his mouth water and his stomach grumble. When Riley pointed at a stand he had never seen before he frowned, glancing in Riley's direction before he rolled his eyes. He didn't even have to guess where the stand had come from, especially with that twinkle he had seen on Riley's face. It was from his home country, probably came over during the wedding. Frowning darkly he went silent, ignoring the constant throb in his side from where his wound had opened. Subconsciously he pulled Riley tighter against it, the pressure making it feel at least slightly better. Well, he supposed he had told him that he could have the mornings and as long as Riley went along with their agreement tonight he wasn't going to break this part of the agreement.

"Okay." He didn't sound so sure about it but he started forwards anyways, ignoring the people as he made his way through the crowd and towards the stand. As they approached everyone moved to the side, giving them passage to head to the front of the line. When they reached it Ewan paused, frown deepening at the rich odds spices that filled the air. They were odd and Ewan couldn't help but reel back slightly. Trying new food items wasn't something he usually did, he was a very picky eater. Slowly he looked at what was in front of them, glancing at Riley a second later. "What do you want? i'll get whatever your having." His nose curled up slightly but he said nothing against it, keeping his own preferences to himself as he watched Riley.

Riley didn't seem to mind, or care, about Ewan's displeased look. If he wanted something else, there were plenty of shops for him to choose from and they could visit afterwards. But he asked Riley what he wanted and the man had picked. There was no possible way he could argue against that fact. Reese was going to take advantage of that. They were greeted first in the common tongue of the countries, followed quickly by their own shared language with a low bow of their heads. The shop owner's smile grew now that the princess had arrived. This was what he was hoping for. Reese didn't need to look at the menu to know what was cooking; he knew just by the smells wafting from the cookers inside. "Kebab," he request. "It doesn't matter which kind, but make the other for his highness." The woman behind the counter nodded and jumped into action, preparing both a beef and lamb kebab, laid out on a pita with two separate sauces and a rice-like pasta placed over top of it all. The man quickly wrapped up the pitas and passed them along to their princess with a proud smile.

"I hope you enjoy them," the man said, his eyes sparkling with pride. It was clear he was confidant in his work, despite all the other stands set up around him with more familiar food. People were already lining up for a meal and a chance to see the princess. It would take a while for the woman to not be crowded. After all, it wasn't every day there was a new princess in the city. Or anyone of a status such as hers.

Riley took the bundle with a smile and passed the second onto Ewan. "Thank you. We will." She nodded and turned back to Ewan, taking the place at his injured side. It was better that his wife stay there than some stranger coming up, bumping into him and forcing him into a rage. So, as natural as he could, Reese took the spot back and took a bite into the pita. It tasted just as it did at home. The lamb was juicy, cooked perfectly and more importantly, filling. It was making up for him skipping breakfast. "Is there something you're looking for?" he asked once he swallowed his bite. He doubted it, but he had already dragged Ewan outside. He might as well ask if he was after anything.

Ewan was still glaring at his own pita when Riley asked him if he was looking for something, glancing over at her before he looked around. Was there something he wanted to look for? Yes. Did he want to do it right then? No. There was still so many things to decide for the new castle that just thinking about it made Ewan's head hurt. Like blankets for their bed and furniture. Of course they had some one come and decorate but.. joining two styles together would mean he would have to find someone from Riley's kingdom to come and help. He himself wasn't to certain about that. It wasn't like he had ever seen Riley's room, let alone any room in Riley's castle. "No not right now." He glanced at the thing in his hand again, watching Riley take a bite before he very tentatively took a bite of it himself. Instantly soft flavors filled his mouth, so unusual from the hard and spice of his own country. For a moment he just chewed, nose scrunched as he chewed and then swallowed. "What the hell is this?" His eyes darted to Riley before he took another bite, obvious enjoying it better the second time around than the first. That didn't mean he was going to let Riley know that. Hell, that would be trouble. But at least he knew where he could go to get their new cook trained for Riley's tastes as well.

After a moment he wrapped his free arm around Riley's waste and turned her, slowly making his way away from the meat market and down another part of it. "And you? Are you looking for something specific?" His eyes landed on a stall not far from them, a master craftsman working on sanding a great oak chair. For a moment he watched him, seeming rather intrigued before he looked to Reese again. "You get the days, remember?"

Back
Top Bottom