Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Calling All Chefs: Oatmeal Recipes

So in my pursuit to live better, I have put together a diet plan that is less of a diet and more of a nutrition plan. I'm not overly interested in losing a bunch of weight, but I do have a growing concern that over the past two years or so, I have let myself become far too careless with what I put in my stomach. That said, my nutrition plan is geared toward making sure that I get the vitamins and minerals that a healthy body needs instead of a gross excess of salt and sugar. Sounds simple enough, right? It kinda is, but I have hit one hitch.

Most of the balanced breakfasts that I have put together include a bowl of whole-gain oatmeal and I have no recipes in my theoretical cookbook for oatmeal. My question is this, Blue Moon:

How do you like your oatmeal? Could any of you make any suggestions on relatively healthy oatmeal recipes that I could give a try? I have no food-related allergies so don't hold back.

I'm rather simple with oatmeal. Mine is a little fattening. But hey, beats a lot of things.

I either put dark chocolate chips and dried cranberries in my oatmeal, or white chocolate chips with raspberries.

You could always try adding diced apples (or peaches?) and cinnamon. This is a common pre-packaged flavor, but it is a rendition on a way people commonly like it.

I also put oatmeal in my yogurt to thicken it up a little and make it more filling.

The texture I eat my oatmeal at is similar to the texture of a thick pudding.

I like adding raisins (both your standard black along with the golden) as well as some brown sugar and milk to mine. You don't need much brown sugar since it tends to sweeten it quite a bit with just a touch. But you can just add that to taste and add as much of the raisins as you like and the milk (and I use skim) is more for texture.

Those all sound like good ideas, though I have never been much of a chocolate person. Still, I wonder if I could melt some peanut butter and milk chocolate into my oatmeal... Now I will have to try this. I also found a recipe for cheesecake oatmeal using two tablespoons of softened cream cheese and one tablespoon of any fruit preserve. I bet that is pretty good too. Thank you, ladies, for a couple of ways to make my mornings a little more flavorful.

Back
Top Bottom