Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Randy and Baby (Uncle Dis and Enos)

He grinned as he took little Randy in his arms and looked her over, taking in her smell, the way she felt, every sound she made.

Little Randy cooed and waved her chubby arms at him, her mismatched eyes blinking at him in confusion and curiosity.

He kissed her forehead, nuzzling her soft hair, and seemingly out of nowhere his smile began to waver. He bit his lip against the rise of forming tears...

Randy blushed and shook his head as a few tears managed to escape despite his best efforts. "I wouldn't ever do that," he said.

"Well, if I'd known you wanted that I'd have done it sooner," said Baby, "Why, wouldn't I let you hold her?"

Randy glanced down at her. "Ionno; it's just... It's a big thing for me," he sniffed. "I never got to hold my first baby."

Randy hesitated before answering, not yet ready to give her all the details. "The other parent and me... dit'n get along so good," he murmured. "I ain't really get to be part of 'is life much, an' now 'e's goin' on fifteen, 'bout ready to be on 'is own."

"That isn't fair! How could she do that to you?" Baby cried, thinking this other parent was a female.

Randy's cheeks were bright green. He couldn't stand the thought of frightening her off, not now. "It's a little complicated," he said quickly. "I don't blame nobody; that's just... the way it turned out. Don't worry 'bout it, OK?"

"Alright," Baby decided not to pry, if he wanted to tell her he would...in due time.

Randy uttered a sigh of relief and turned his attention back to the baby in his arms. He smiled, the distraction having staved off his tears. He looked at her and felt nothing but happiness. She really was beautiful, and she was his. He kissed her head again. "I'll be the best daddy in the world to you, sugar," he said softly. "Just you wait an' see."

The baby wiggled and grabbed at his hair, fascinated by the color. Her little mouth opening as she giggled.

Randy chuckled, grinning out of sheer joy. "Look at you," he mused. "All tiny and cute; you look just like me!" The idea of being a father--and actually being able to help raise his offspring--had him thoroughly excited.

"She does doesn't she?" Baby mused as she gave Little Randy her finger to hold, "Got your eyes,"

"Boy, this was a hell of a surprise," Randy remarked after a moment of silent consideration. Perhaps for a human, unplanned pregnancies were not such a shock. But for a Schickelgruber, whose default function was to withhold germ cells for release only at optimal times, they were a rarity. Of course, this wasn't the first time it had happened. His mind went back to Kurt, whose pregnancy had not technically been any more planned than this one. He'd gotten a strange sense of connection with the man and the release had been involuntary--or at least subconscious, as his focus on the connection itself had kept him from stopping it once the process had begun. That must have been what had happened with Baby... but what did it mean? If he was destined to connect with her on a deeper level than most others that he'd met, he supposed he couldn't object. He was, however, still wary of the whole thing and found himself hoping that it had just been a moment of distraction on his part. Of course. He'd been excited to meet her, felt a bit sorry for her and liked her, and gotten too wrapped up in those feelings to keep them from causing an unwanted physical reaction. What else could it have been? Now that it had happened, though, he was far from displeased with the results. He had a beautiful baby, and it felt right to have them both there with him...

It took Baby some time to get settled in but soon a surprisingly natural routine formed and she found that she had enough free time to herself to job hunt. When her sister offered to babysit little Randy every so often Baby soon found a small job at a local store, one day she got home from work early to find herself alone with Randy VIII.

He'd just finished making responses to clients of his extermination business and went downstairs to make himself something to eat. The house was split into two halves, one being his and the other being rented out to tenants. When Baby had arrived, he'd sent the current tenants packing and moved her in. However, he'd made it clear that she was free to cross the hall to his side of the house whenever she wanted or needed. As soon as he realized that she was home sooner than expected, he went to ask her if she'd be interested in sharing lunch with him.

Back
Top Bottom