Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Corpse Party: Redux (In need of more players)

Contagious_Depravity

Super-Earth

Welcome to the last school you'll ever attend​

Corpse party is based on the Japanese RPG video game by the same name. (Referrals: Game Trailer/Cry's let's play (Gameplay).)* The premise is that an alternative dimension is created that is residual to a place that has suffered a horrific event. The restless spirits of this school have form an accursed realm of chaos and malevolence in what is known as a “close space.” Closed spaces are mirrored versions of the how the real “space” appeared in before the incident had taken place. But closed spaces are accessible to the living via the exercise of a special charm. The “Sachiko” charm to be exact which if done correctly would insure that you and whomever you do it with are going to be friends forever but if you do the charm incorrectly you will cause a massive earthquake to ensue and once it subsides you will find yourself in a closed space.

For the purposes of this role-play the particular close space we will enter is a haunted high school by the name of Kishimura Academy. Kishimura in the living world was a small high school located in the rural mining town of Kishimura and was torn down ten years ago because they were rampant reports of freak accidents, rape, disappearances, sickness, isolated murders, and a massacre. Attendance at the school had plummeted in the following years to the point where the school was deemed one of the worst schools to attend and evidently leading to its immediate closure. When the school was condemned the principle of the school had climbed to the top of the school and jumped killing himself alongside his precious school that he coveted quite dearly.​
Character types:

Students/School related Personnel-
For this role play I want to narrow it down to the possibility of attending three schools.

Sakura Academy -
Sakura Academy is a diverse school that is notably known for its professional and courteous staff, accelerated courses, its intensive focus on college preparation, and its high graduation rate. Students are known to be unable to handle the stress during test time and there have been cases of suicide by the student body because the students cannot deal with the stress of failing mostly as a result from strict parenting. Otherwise the student body has its share of slackers like any other school. Six students of Sakura academy have already found themselves becoming victims of Kishimura after they have conducted the charm at their school late at night.

Kusuragi High school -
Kursuragi High school is Sakura academy’s polar opposite. A hive for some of the derelicts and delinquents of the inner city neighborhood it has been known to be prone to gang violence and constant fighting. Their most brutal gang of course being the all-girl gang called the Vestals-Freaks that are known to recruit transvestites into its ranks and mug and beat older gentlemen by luring them with sexual pursuits. One of finer things about Kursuragi high school that should be noted is their athletics program which is one of the best sports programs in the nation. It is so good that the administration has been notoriously blamed for misappropriated funding that was deviated from all of the other school programs.

Ogasawara girl’s preparatory High school -
Ogasawara High school is an all-girls school that is known for its rather flirtatious reputation and having an abundance of homosexual students. The school has a strict dress code of plaid skirts, knee high sock, collared shirt, bow or tie, and optional blazer. The more popular girls of Ogasawara actually do some alterations to their school uniform by cutting the bottom half of their school shirts to expose their navels or cutting off the sleeves although the administration highly discourages this but they have done very little to prevent it.

Ghost Types:
There are three different ghost types which I will explain briefly.

Blue Flame Ghosts
:
These are calm entities that are prone to being helpful and at times playful. Blue flame ghost can be easily startled or frightened depending on the personality of the person when they were alive.

Red Flame Ghosts:
These are aggressive and violent entities that will take their misery out on the souls of the living. If strong enough these souls are known to possess people in order to manipulate the living.

Black Mist:
Referred to often as the “darkness”; this mist has the ability to take a smoky form of a person, and make anyone who succumbs to its servant. This process is known as the darkening and many people who or one the fringes of death have been recorded to see it before expiring. It is the cause of many of the suicide attempts and murders that happen within the halls of Kishimura Academy.

The Unholy Law of the land:

1. No power playing, godmodding. Ask the user if you want to kill that person’s character.

2. No you can’t kill ghosts. These are regular people. You can try to appease the spirits. Otherwise run.

3. You can play up to three characters per person (Merely suggestions not necessarily in this order. You can create multiples of the same type of character. This is not a strict rule PM me if you want to create a more characters):
- A High school student Or a High school faculty member (2 Faculty members per school).
- A different living person not from the group’s school.
- A ghost. Can be vengeful or good.

4.Be creative and literate. This is supposed to be emotionally traumatic. What is your character thinking? Seeing? Smelling? Hearing? A lot of things are possible. One liners are acceptable but it better be relevant and be your best attempt at proper syntax and grammar (Nah I'm just kidding do your best make it significant so that the other role players can follow along just spell the words to the best of your knowledge like instead of "Da" write "the", No "lik" instead spell "like" etc. ).

5.Of course there can be romance. I expect it. Love can be strength and a weakness in horror right?

6.Be mindful and follow rules of the site.

If I can get people interested I will use this thread as where I post up news and updates to the role play such as clues, etc.

Regarding Comments and The Future:

So now it's up to you anything I should change or reiterate and make stronger? How can I make this work so that you can enjoy it more? Is something not working visually or ascetically? Are there any flaw in my roleplay design and mechanic, etc etc. When I make roleplays for groups I take it very seriously so I'm open to all criticism.

References and Inspiration*:​
Trailer:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfkeahnIzvg[/video]
Gameplay:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyqc6STNPE[/video]

Concept Originally by
White Vixen

RE: Corpse Party: Redux (Not for the faint of heart)

News & Updates​

2013:

[Jan 10]-Nothing yet until I can get people to become interested in this roleplay. That doesn't mean that I don't have anything plan either. I would like to say that this is my attempt to staying true to the video game as best as to my abilities as making a whole new world visually. I do have to say. Coming up with the Japanese names were so difficult to create! I didn't want to sound like another anime-head without any real understanding of the Japanese culture. I didn't want to make everything Sakura or Sasuke or Kazuya for example I may have gotten lazy from time to time though. But overall it was a fun mini project and a challenge. I want to also add this was my first Roleplay on this site and it's good to know that they old skills aren't that rusty.

[Jan 11]- The profile thread and the OCC thread are up for your use. Once everyone has created a character I will open up the roleplaying thread. If you want to wait for NPC's and Pre-mades in case you're stumped on creating a character I will be posting those up either later today or sometime tomorrow. Here are the links to both:

Profile thread

OCC Thread

Can't wait to see you on the other side.

This sound well thought out so count me in I actually want to go crazy and kill people.

I am in if you would accept me :). I love good horror roleplays. I seen the manga of the series which is pretty good.

I am the kind of guy that know when it's time to get moving so I'll post up the character profile thread. Another thing. You guys think we should start over or continue from where we left off?

Back
Top Bottom