Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Summer at Camp (freckled_beauty and Josu_T)

Jill finished her announcements and dismissed the group to their individual task or cabins since it was getting to be dark.
"Thank you for the wonderful meal Kelsey." Jill said with a yawn. "Genesis darling help hi clean up then get to bed." She said with a nod and smiled at them both. Genesis looked up from her half eaten dessert and nodded "Goodnight." She said to her aunt.

"Kelsey this really is a delicious." She said taking another bite of the dessert.

Kelsey listened to the rest of the announcements as he ate his dessert. Looking around he was happy to see people enjoying it. As they were all dismissed he stayed seated and finished his food. He was one of the few left as Jill thanked him. He was glad she seemed happier. He knew the situation wasn't ideal. Fortunately he had apparently lessened the worries by being a good cook. He said goodnight to Jill as she left and then turned to Genesis. "I'm glad you like it. I figured it would be something nice for the first night." He got settled and waited patiently for her to finish her dessert. A couple of other staff approached to introduce themselves to both of them since both he and Genesis were new. He smiled and greeted them learning their names and their jobs. He'd need to meet a lot of people within the next few days and he hoped he remembered names.

When both he and Genesis were done with their desserts he got up. "Well, I guess it is time to clean up. It is fine for tonight, but hopefully some other people will do the cleaning after meals if we are the ones cooking all day. I know that once campers arrive there are set people who do cleaning, but I'm not sure about the next couple of weeks before campers are here." He shrugged, then went to the kitchen so they could start on the dishes. Someone else was dealing with the plates, cutlery, and glasses. That meant the two of them only needed to take care of the things they had used to prepare the meal. A couple of large sinks in the kitchen area were clearly meant for that job and some convenient instructions on the wall gave some good suggestions of just what to do. Not that Kelsey needed instructions to know how to wash dishes. Something he'd done plenty of times.

Back
Top Bottom