Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Lonesome Mistress (Ren and Tenn)

She followed him looking at the information her sister had sent him. Resting her head on his shoulder for a moment before lifting it again. "According to Pamilla. We can actually change things out if there's something you like better." She explained. Though what was in it she liked. "So if you're not particularly inclined to Ocra or we can't find it, We can use any type of green that is simmilar."

Smiling lightly over to her as she rested her head on his shoulder, he gave a little nod after she spoke. "We should be able to find that around here, I'm sure; it's a busy area, so they're always bound to have a fair bit of stuff to choose from," he assured, glancing a little around the local grocery store once they reached it, somewhat small and simple but still with a fair selection. "We can probably just grab stuff for the gumbo while we're here, the stuff left back at the cabin already should be able to last us a little while. Unless you'd prefer to stock up a bit more while we are here, of course," he suggested with a little shrug.

She considered that, Camron didn't have a list, well she didn't spend a particularly long time inside of grocery stores. she got drinks and that was normally about it. "I don't keep groceries so that'll be you're job." She told him blandly. Looking at Ren for a second. "About all I buy is drinks... considering I can't cook very well." She observed.

"Right... well, fair enough, then," he submitted with a little grin and small shrug. "That's no problem for me, it's something I've done a lot anyway," he admitted, planning a few meals in his head as he picked up whatever was needed for the gumbo along with another few small things he was thinking of that he figured he might need along with what else was presently available in the cabin. "This should have us set for the next two weeks or so, and we can come out to get some more stuff somewhere around then," he suggested. "In the meantime, we can check out and head back to the cabin to make that gumbo."

She nodded as she smiled faintly watching the man as he walked around, she followed holding onto his hand. Carrying the basket while he picked things out. "Sounds like a plan." She agreed lightly as she smiled faintly. "He seemed particularly easy in a grocerys tore, where she seemed particularly out of place. Or at least felt that way. She nodded. "Lets go make gumbo."

Chuckling lightly, he gave a little nod, carrying most of what they'd gotten at the store himself in one hand while his other held one of her hands gently, leaving nearly unbroken contact through the better part of the day; something he relatively associated with dating as they were, but more so for the fact that he enjoyed it. The closeness, the actual care... it was different for him, suffice it to say, and certainly not in a bad way considering his naturally friendly nature. "Alright... can only assume we'll have to boil the shrimp and shellfish, but you're the one with the instructions, so what shall we do first?" he asked cheerfully when they got back to the cabin, setting some of the groceries in their place and leaving what they'd need for the gumbo to the side.

She pulled the phone out and began going through the instructions. "Looks like... we need to dice all the veggies. Shell and Devien the fish and then..." she shifted moving to the next part of the message. "throw all the tomatos...and other liquids into the pot letting it ome to a boil... then... the fish goes in." She told him. "Followed by the vegitables in an hour." She then put the phone down. "Season to taste, and then let simmer for 24 hours."

"Hm... nothing too complicated, then," he said, scratching slightly at the back of his head. The only matter to him was which parts he'd take care of, and which he could leave to her. Failing that, he simply decided to ask. "Any parts in particular that you'd like to do, or do ya just want to do them together and have me help ya a bit with them?" he asked, taking a little time meanwhile to separate everything out to take care of shortly enough.

Cam looked at the man for a moment as she stood looking at the pile of things. "Lets just... do it together." She responded after a moment. "Put me incharge of the stove and we wont get Gumbo we'll get... black char." She said flushing slightly. OH she was a bad cook and she knew it which was a good. First step right? admitting you have a problem? So she couldnt' cook. But she could chop things up, and help get them together. She even knew how to devein shrimp.

Chuckling lightly, he gave a little nod. "Well in that case, I guess we should get started," he said, collecting a few suitable knives where they were available in the kitchen area and offering one to her, beginning to set to work on the vegetables to start and a few things to start boiling at a decent temperature before everything else. It didn't even seem to take all that long to him, though naturally he made sure to help her with whatever she might have needed or not entirely known what to do; such was the benefit of some years of cooking various things as a useful 'pet.'

Cam worked beside him, chopping up the okra and smiled as she drumped them into the pot as she went, letting him handlee the actual cooking part before she cracked shells off the various sea creatures and got the veins out. Systematically. Then she threw the little curled shrimp and the various other foods in it. While he cooked she shifted behind him, sliding her arms around his waist watching over his shoulder as he delt with the pot.

He blinked and smiled lightly as she wrapped her arms around him from behind, stroking his free hand gently over the back of one of her hands since he only really needed one hand to manage the pot that held the gumbo. "Pretty much done save for having to simmer for a while... not bad at all for our first time cooking something together, all things considered, right?" he offered with a light grin. "And... we should have time to watch the sunset while this sits, for that matter," he suggested, leaving the utensils to the side on a spare plate that could be cleaned later.

she laughed softly. "All I did was chop things up." She pointed out though that wasn't bad. Considering that When you got right down to it Cam didn't even do that much at home. "No, not bad at all." She agreed watching. Content at the moment. At least something seemed to be going well while she was on vacation.

"Perhaps, but you'd be surprised how many people can't do that much," he offered, chuckling lightly. "As for heating stuff up, just gotta know what temperature, how long, how often to tend to it... nothing too complicated," he added with a slight shrug, turning steadily to face her while remaining in her arms, his own wrapping lightly around her. "Already have this at the right temperature and it shouldn't require much tending to, so c'mon, let's not miss the sunset," he spoke, grinning somewhat playfully and leaning down a little to scoop her easily up into his arms, placing a soft kiss on her lips before walking them out to their lounges on the porch, setting her gently down on hers before taking his own and keeping his arm wrapped around her waist.

Cam squeeked when he picked her up clinging to the fur. Kissing him in return. When it broke she turned to open the door letting them out onto the porch. As she was set into the Lounge she smiled at him stretching some. "You're far to sweet for your own good I think."

"Could be, considering I haven't been able to stick around anyone for very long at a time," he considered with a slight shrug, before smiling softly over to her, resting his tail lightly back over her legs. "But it's gotten me this close to you, so I think it's starting to pay off," he offered, stroking his hand ever so gently over her hip and part of her side and leaning his head a little against her shoulder, nuzzling slightly against it. "Not that I can seem to help it anyway, it's just how I am naturally," he chuckled.

Cam smiled faintly as the man leaned against her and sh epet the tail. stroked it lightly. "yes it has." She agreed wondering exactly what was going to happen in the long run. But for now, This was very nice. For now, the future was a vague idea. as she stroked the tail enjoying the fur under her hand. "I wonder if that is a facet of the human DNA or the Animal. Are Red pandas particularly sweet?"

He murred contently as her hand stroked along his tail, shifting it a bit further to her touch and flicking the tip over to stroke gently up and down a bit further along her arm. "Hm... not sure. I don't really know much of anything about them, to be honest. They might very well be, considering nobody's been able to change this nature of mine yet, and I'm not by the slightest means the most common of furs," he suggested, giving a slight shrug as he moved a little further to nuzzle slightly into her neck, watching the sun slowly set in the meantime. "Who knows, maybe we'll eventually come across one and be able to find out," he suggested, chuckling lightly.

She tilted her head out of his way enjoying the sensation. Listening to him talk as she pet the tail, fingers working through the Fur. "Maybe." She agreed. "you might be able to get a job at the Zoo in New York. Though I'm not sure how appealing that actually seems." She admitted as she sighed softly watching the world get darker systematically. This was nice. Lazy, simple nice.

"May not be the best job in the world, but... as I've heard people say, a job's a job. Besides, I doubt the animals would mind me too much, if it came to it," he suggested with a little grin. He could only guess for now, but... well, it was something to try, at least, even if it was only so much. "It'd mainly just be something to get me a bit further by so I can at least take care of any of my own costs, anyway," he added with a slight shrug, enjoying the closeness and gentle touch even as the sun faded away past the horizon, leaving just the stars and moon in the fairly clear sky. "Just something to worry about later, anyway... for now, there's the rest of this vacation to enjoy," he spoke, contently nuzzling a bit further against her neck.

She laughed softly, he was so easy to simply dismiss the information of the future for the vaction. "This is true." She agreed one hand lifting to scratch slightly under the man's chin, the fur was short, smooth, Apparently well taken care of as she closed her eyes simply enjoying. "I'm not terribly good about not worrying about things."

He blinked slightly at her next touch and contently murred a bit more deeply, nuzzling further into her neck and tilting his head a little further against her touch to his chin. His eyes closing contently, he gave the slightest nod as she spoke, not wanting to disturb her touch to that spot. "So I've kinda noticed, but... like I'd said, maybe opposites really do attract," he suggested, chuckling lightly. "You've seen a decent bit of what I can manage in general, so just... count on me to be reliable and find something workable for now. How about that?" he offered.

She nodded a bit herself. "Works for me." She agreed as she shifted slightly sighing some. "This is nice." She said softly. She wasn't particularly sure what to do honestly. She shifted slightly petting the tail more, and she kept scratching the underside of his jaw, seemed he was particularly cat-like. The same spots seemed to feel good to him as to the purring machines her sister owned. It was cute.

"Yeah... can't really argue with that," he agreed. "I'm sure it'll be nice even for you spending more nights like this, just... relaxing without any real care, not having to worry about a thing," he offered, letting out a slight yawn after a little while. "May be about time to head in for sleep now, though... no clue how long we've even been resting here like this," he said, chuckling lightly. Time indeed flew, not that he could really be expected to mind; he was rather enjoying the dating and, effectively, freedom.

She nodded. "Sounds like a good idea." She said softly as she shifted to sit up. Getting up from the lounge. He had been very good for her it seemed. Even if she hadn't wanted one. She smiled faintly as she put her hands behind her back. "See you in the morning." She said lightly kissing him lightly this time before she headed in stretching her arms out and sighed some. Opening her door and paused for a second, before deciding inviting the panda in was a bit soon. She'd wait a little before moving that far. Speed might also be one of her problems she decided. "Sleep well, Ren." She added before walking in and closed the door.

((Want to hop forward a week or so?))

Back
Top Bottom