Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tainted Waters (Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valerie Alexander
Memeber of the Alexander Clan
Witch - Magical Being

Taking a deep breath Valerie looked down from the cliff she was standing on towards the soft water of the lake. It had been a long time since she had gone swimming. She had developed a slight fear of water ever since her cousin Margret drowned while her family was on vacation. In a way she had always felt as though it was her fault. If she hadn't persuaded Margret into going swimming instead of staying beside her mom, then nothing bad would have happened. Biting her lower lip, Valerie closed her eyes, took a few steps back and jumped.

When she hit the water she felt a small tug of panic in her heart, but she forced herself to stay calm. Relax and Float, she thought to herself. She knew that it was silly that a person with magical abilities was afraid of drowning. But in her eyes there were somethings that magic couldn't and shouldn't fix.

With her arms outstretched she look up at the sky and sighed. The warm sun paired with the slightly chilled water was the perfect realm of relaxation. Closing her eyes once more she started to hum to herself and let her still body drift away.

Travis MacKindley
MacKindley clan
Alchemist
Hair: black
Eyes: deep green
Profession: Alchemist
height: 5 ft 10 in
build: scrawny

Travis strolled leisurely through the woods and up to the edge of a rocky outcropping overlooking a deep pool. He loved taking these swims after long study sessions. He pulled off his shirt and pants, having been wearing his swim trunks underneath, and stretched. He got right up to the edge, not noticing the young girl in the pool below him, and leaped, diving into the pool just a few feet from where Valerie was floating. He swam under the water happily, looking up to realize he wasn't alone. He surfaced, gulping air quickly, and stared in surprise. "Who are you? I didn't think anyone else knew about this place."

"Who are you? I didn't think anyone else knew about this place."

The sound of an unfamiliar voice jolted Valerie out of her original position.She had hoped that no one would come along to interrupt her, but of course she knew the chances of that would prove slim. Opening her eyes she smiled as the voice was now given a face. "If you must know I'm Valerie Alexander". She kept her greeting formal for her parents always told her that an Alexander was to conduct themselves under the highest standards. That doesn't mean I can't have any fun, she thought. Dunking her head quickly under the water she swam her way around the boy then back to the front. "and this place isn't well hidden" she added with a quick giggle. "Now if I may ask who are you"? She raised her eyes brows then muttered a quick hyrdo charm to keep herself afloat as she stopped moving.

Travis laughed. "Yah, well, no one comes out here, so I thought it was pretty out of the way. I'm Travis MacKindley, Ms. Alexander. I don't suppose you'd be one of the Alexander clan?" He asked. Before he got his answer he noticed her cast a hydro charm and grinned. "I suppose that's a yes?"

Valerie smiled; "I have a knack for finding hidden things... then using them for my ow benefit". Valerie giggled at the boys question then quickly checked to make sure she was sill earing her black gemmed pendant."You may take that as a definite yes, however I'm not sure if I've heard of your family."

Travis sighed. Of course she hadn't heard of them. "Yah, well, not many people appreciate the fine art of alchemy. It's usually the wizards and witches who get on the front page." He said with a bit of embarrassment. He was proud of his art but was also pretty resentful that magic got so much more attention.

Sensing Travis' slight discomfort Valerie put a hand on his shoulder and smiled. "Don't worry magic isn't all it's made up to be. It can get quit boring actually". Valerie scanned the area. Her eyes glowed blue when she found the perfect place for them to sit. A large rock on the other side of the which was covered by the right amount of shade. "If you want we can sit over there and talk for a bit... I think I'd actually like to learn more about your....alchemy thing". She smiled again. The amount of kindness she was presenting to Travis felt odd for her. Usually she was so tense and snappy towards strangers until she didn't know what to do with herself.

Travis smiled. "Thanks, that means a lot." He said, looking over at the shady spot she pointed out. "Sure, we could head over there. If you swim there with your own legs and beat me. And no cheating!" He challenged her, getting a headstart with a laugh.

Valerie looked at Travis and giggled. She hated losing but figured that there would be nothing wrong with a bit of friendly sport. Swimming as fast as she could she reached the other side, only to find that Travis had gotten there first. " I let you win" she said as she climbed up on the rock and sat down.

Travis laughed, watching her climb up next to him. "Whatever you say. So, what would you like to know about Alchemy?" He asked, shaking the water from his hair.

Valerie thought for a moment; "Well for starters what in heaven sake is it?" She had a very vague idea, but refused to say in case she was wrong. As a child Valerie's father taught her about all the wonders of the world, however, he briefly touched on alchemy. Valerie watched Travis intently. In the water she wasn't able to "inspect" him as well as she would like but now she noticed that he stood at about 5'10 and was very scrawny. She giggled, in most way he reminded her of the regular common boy she would see back home. She missed her small town and even having the faintest reminder of it brought her joy and sadness. She sighed and her eyes turned a deep purple.

Travis eagerly pulled out a small vial and some beakers of liquids. "I'll demonstrate." He said, pouring a few different chemicals into the vial. In a few moments he stirred the contents and took a whiff. "Here, smell this." He said, holding the vial to her nose. It had a very realistic aroma of fresh daisies and Travis smiled with pride. "It's the mixing of elements to create something new. But it does a lot more than make perfume."

Noodlesoup said:
Travis eagerly pulled out a small vial and some beakers of liquids. "I'll demonstrate." He said, pouring a few different chemicals into the vial. In a few moments he stirred the contents and took a whiff. "Here, smell this." He said, holding the vial to her nose. It had a very realistic aroma of fresh daisies and Travis smiled with pride. "It's the mixing of elements to create something new. But it does a lot more than make perfume."

Valerie smelt that vial and a large smile grew across her face. "That's amazing". In the back of her mind she wanted to say 'so it's like potions mixed with transfiguration' but she kept the comment to herself and allowed Travis to keep his sense of pride. "How long have you been studying"? She asked as she played with Travis' fingers. In all honesty she could have cared less about how long he had been studying alchemy but it would have been impolite to deviate the conversation just because she was bored. Looking up at the sky she noticed that is was getting sunnier by the moment. Oh no you don't she thought. Closing her eyes she inhaled and exhaled slowly until the sky turned a dark black and rumbled with sounds of a storm.

Travis soon took a good look at Valerie and sighed, knowing that look she had all too well. "You're bored with me, aren't you?" He said, putting away his ingredients sadly. He saw the sky turn black and figured a storm must be brewing or something so he didn't pay much attention to it. "I understand. Alchemy isn't all that interesting unless you've spent 12 years of your life honing it's practice just to find out no one really cares."

Valerie looked at the ground. She had hoped that her boredom didn't show but obviously it did. "No it's not that" she replied. "I'm sure it's honestly very interesting. My mind just hasn't been to focus today" and indeed it hadn't. Valerie had spent most of her morning pacing up and down her bedroom with tears in her eyes. She was awaiting a letter from her father in regards to her twin brother Parris. In the letter it was to state the large amount of trouble Parris had once again gotten himself into. Her tears weren't from sadness but from sheer anger and annoyance. She had lectured Parris over and over again about his behavior and at least trying to stray away from dark magic. 'You have so much potential as a wizard" she told him "it's a shame that you waste it on greed and harming others'. Valerie sighed and layed down on the rook. "Maybe I should just go. I don't want to make you feel bad". She smiled then quickly looked away when she felt tears pushing against her eyes.

Travis was about to accept her offer out of sheer embarrassment but noticed her turning away quickly. He curiously leaned closer so he could see her eyes and noticed the tears. "Hey, you ok? You didn't make me feel that bad." He said quickly, unsure as to what he could have done to screw up yet another conversation with a girl.

"I'm fine, honestly". Valerie tried to smile only to find tears streaming down her face. "Ugh"! she exclaimed, with a flick of her wrist her tears were gone but the sadness she felt stayed. Without thinking she embraced Travis in a hug and layed her head on his shoulder. "Have you ever felt like your whole world was crashing down and even though you have all the power in the world... there is nothing you can do to stop it"? She sighed and kissed Travis on the cheek. As of now she wanted comfort and although Travis was technically a stranger; she was willing to forget about her "Proper behavior Saftey rules" for a moment to get that comfort. She smiled, then moved to kiss his lips- without giving him time to respond.

Travis was taken aback by the sudden hug and even more so by her kiss on the cheek. He was about to speak when she muffled him with her lips, his eyes slowly shutting as he kissed her back. He wrapped his arms around her lovingly, not sure what had caused her to act this way but not really caring at this point. Eventually, he managed to break the kiss, though his face remained almost glued to hers as he spoke. "Valerie, we've only just met. Why are you doing this?" He asked, though he didn't really mind her behavior.

For a moment she stared at him in silence while she tried to collect her answer. "Today has been so horrible. and you've been kinder to me than anyone has in a long time and ,,, ". Valerie paused. She could tell she wasn't making much sense, but she decided to kkeep talking anyway. As she did so, she felt her accent pushing through as it always did when she would become emotional. "If I asked you to comfort me.. Would you"? She took his hand in her own and breathed slowly. She felt like a child that had done something wrong and now only wanted to be forgiven.

Travis noticed her change in accent but didn't pay it much mind, instead focusing on her hand in his. He squeezed it gently and nodded. "Of course I would, Valerie." He said, moving ever so slightly closer so he could put a hand on her cheek, trying to comfort her little by little. He had no idea what a witch was capable of but didn't really care enough to be cautious.

Valerie smiled and blushed when Travis' hand rested on her cheek. She felt like a child again- as though she was about to go on some unknown adventure. With bright blue eyes she lifted her rain charm and as the small droplets touched the ground .she pulled Travis close to her. "I like the rain" she said in a small voice. "It makes everything rather romantic" Valerie leaned in to kiss Travis again and she did so she felt their bodies being suspended into the air. "A witches touch" she said when she noticed the confused look on his face.

Travis was glad that she made it rain. It was a very nice touch but he didn't expect for them to start floating in the air. He suddenly got an idea, reaching into his satchel and pulling out two small vials full of a violet liquid. He opened up one and took a swig, emptying the bottle in one go with a grin. "An alchemist's touch." He said, offering the second vial to Valerie. After a moment his face flushed red, his eyes suddenly looking at her with a lust filled gaze.

Valerie looked at the bottle for a moment. She had no idea what was in vial but supposed it couldn't have been harmful if Travis drank one himself, but still she asked; "What's in it"?

"You'll see." He said, winking as his eyes looked to be a bit hazy and he suddenly started feeling up her body more vigorously, lustfully licking his lips as his face still glowed red. "It's a lot of fun, trust me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom