Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Orphan (RV And Azure)

Upon arriving at his place she wasn't shock at his home. It reminded her of the home she once had with her parents. Walking in she could see that this was a home met for a family and see how it most have hurt him so to loose his wife. As he walked her through the house she took mental note of what need to be done and what she could do. Seeing the dinning room she mind goes to things she could do and how nice it would be to do dinner once again in a dinning room setting. At the sound of his voice she jerked out of her thoughts and look at him" I'm sorry.. yes I would like to see upstairs now."

Nodding, Marcus was glad she was listening to him as he didn't know she might have plans for the dining room. He let her to it though, leading her upstairs. Down the corridor, he opened each door, the first one being his home office, a computer standing there along with a phone and some file cabinets. "It's rare that I work home, but when I do, I usually don't like to be disturbed." He told her softly, moving along to the next door, pushing it open. It was a bathroom, a shower and bathtub combined by the wall, lots of space and a window to open lightly to make sure it didn't get too steamy. "We'll have to share this, just so you know." He told her as he left it, moving down to the two last doors. He opened one, it was filled with boxes of random stuff. "I was planning to have this emptied out for you to use as bedroom, but it's not completely done. The last room is my bedroom, but we can pull a mattress in here temporarily if you want to?" He suggested. It seemed to have a decent heating inside the room so at least she wouldn't be cold when she slept.

As he shows her upstairs she remembers what he said about his office and the bathroom. Approaching what was to be hear room, Tabitha see all the books but she doesn't mind at all. I just felt nice not having to sleep outside. She walks in and set down her back looking around before turning to face him" would it be okay if I could take a shower now?"

"Sure." Marcus said, replying to her question before thinking it over quickly. "But the only clothes I have you might fit is from my late wife. I've recycled most of it, but there's some I still have." He told her, moving into the room, looking through some of the top boxes first, finding one with her clothes before putting it on the floor. "I don't know if there's any underwear in it, but otherwise we can go get you some tomorrow." He said, opening it and letting her look into it. "I'll leave you to it. And when you're done, we'll find a mattress, I'll wait in my office." He told her with a smile, leaving to sit in his office with a book to read.

She watches him take out his late wife's clothes. When he leaves her alone, she kneels down by the boxes going through the neatly. Fine a pair of sweatpants and shirt only she takes them before heading to the bathroom. Opening the door she closes it and locks it before turning to get her shower going. Getting the water to just where she wanted. Tabitha strips off her clothes putting them neatly in a pile before stepping into the water. She closes her eyes in bliss at the warm water runs down her skin. Picking up a bar of soap she lathers it up and start to wash away months of dirty off her skin and hair. After 45 minutes she turns off the water and steps out to dry herself off. Putting on his wife's clothes and braids her hair. She looks at herself in the mirror, what was once a dirty face what one couldn't how old she was to a very clean young looking girl. She reaches up and touches the two inches scar above her eye brow, reminded her of what her uncle did.

She moves away from the mirror before walking bare footed down the hall to his office knock on the door and waits or his reply.

Marcus spent the entire time listening to the soothing sound of the water from the shower while reading his book. He patiently waited for her until he heard the padding of her bare feet on the floor, then the knock on the door as he put his book down. "Come on in!" He called out softly to her, moving to stand. A gasp escaping his lips as she came in, seeing her in the sweat pants and shirt, her face and arms clean. "You look much better now." He told her softly, moving in front of his desk, leaning lightly back against it.

Tabitha stands there looking at him" thanks , Umm do you have that matress? I can push it into the other room and get it set up" she tells him. She starts to play with her fingers waiting for his answer unsure what to really do now that she took the step to trust him a little and take the job.

"Of course." Marcus said, nodding as he moved past her, a friendly smile on his face as he moved down to his bedroom, opening the door. He came out a short moment later carrying a matress for her. "There, this should do, it might be a bit dusty, but it's good enough." He told her, moving it into the other room, putting it on the ground. "Come, I'll find you a pillow and some blankets." He said, gesturing for her to follow him into his bedroom. The bed there was a double, somewhat large, though not more than two people. One side looked completely untouched though, and there was a small walk in closet in the wall where he went in to find the blankets and pillow for her. Handing it to her as he was done. "There, I hope you sleep well." He told her softly.

Following his step out of the his office. Tabitha watches him get the matress and place it into her room. She walks with him to his bedroom and she gets her the pillow and blankets."thank you.. umm so will i'll be starting tomorrow?" she asks him.

"If you're up for it, you can start tomorrow." Marcus said, turning to look at her with a smile. "If you don't want to start tomorrow, I'll leave you with some money so you can go buy some clothes of your own, both for working but also for relaxing, if you want." He suggested, letting her know it would be okay if she didn't start right off, but got settled in properly first.

She thinks its over" ok I'll start tomorrow.. Um what time do you head to work and come home?" Tabitha wanted to know what time she had to get up to have his breakfast ready and when to have dinner done.

"I leave around 8 am for work, and I should be back around 5 pm." Marcus told her gently, nodding as he stepped towards the door. "I usually get up around 7 am, so if it's ready between that and when I leave, it'd be perfect." He told her softly.

Tabitha nods her understanding and waits for him to leave the room. Once she leave she goes to the door closing it and locking it for safety measure. Setting up an old clock to wake her up in time to make breakfast. Turning toward the matress she start to make up her bed. Once down she lays down and get some sleep, and for once not having to worry. Tabitha wakes up to the soft buzzing of the alarm and moves to turn if off so it doesn't wake him. Moving off the matress she goes to the door unlocking it and making sure way to the kitchen. She walks around the kitchen to get a feel for it and to see where everything was. Not knowing what he likes she goes back to make a simple and fast breakfast. Soon the smell bacon, eggs,toast and strong coffee fills the house.

Marcus went to sleep right after, taking his clothes off down to his boxers before moving into the bed on his side. He fell asleep shortly after, due to the long, tiring day.

Waking up the next day to his alarm clock, it didn't take long before he smelled the food. At first he flinched with a soft gasp, looking around, remembering the day before. He had forgotten for a moment that he'd hired a housekeeper until he realised it again. He sighed as he got up, heading down the hall to the bathroom, getting a quick shower. When he was done and dried off, he moved to get dressed in a clean shirt, the navy blue pants again and a pair of socks before heading downstairs, moving into the kitchen. "It smells heavenly." He told her with a soft smile, sitting down by the table.

Tabitha was just finishing up setting the food on the counter because the dining room wasn't sent up. As she turns with the cups to put on the counter she almost drops them not hearing him enter the kitchen. " th..thank you" she takes him as she tries to hide the face he scared her. " breakfast is done. I wasn't sure what you liked so I just cooked something small" She waves her hand to the counter to show him

Seeing her almost dropping the cups. Marcus felt his breath being held. But as she managed to get them, he smiled, sitting down and seeing the food. "Thanks. It's just what I like to eat." He told her with a smile, accepting one of the cups of coffee, taking a quick sip on it. He then sat about to eat, enjoying the food from the moment he bit into the first bit. Even if she was used to the street, he had to admit, she was a great cook.

She watching him to make sure he liked the food and didn't need anything else before she sat down herself to eat her food. As she was eating to was making a list in her mind on what need to be done today. When she had finish she gotten up and start to clean up the kitchen. " would you like another cup?" she asks him holding up the coffee pot

"Yes please." Marcus said, having finished his food. Letting her get up to clean the kitchen he smiled softly, watching her work around as he enjoyed his second cup of coffee. He made sure to look at the clock every once in a while, making sure he would be able to leave in time for work. Especially since he knew he couldn't be late. Though today he felt refreshed, ready and eager to get to work. He didn't exactly know why but it seemed good with her there to help him with the chores.

She pour him some more coffee then turns back to cleaning up what she had cooked. When Tabitha was done she walks over to the counter and looks at him" Is there anything that really has to be done first?"

Looking up at her as she finishes, Marcus shock his head lightly. "I don't have a set order, I figured if you found your own way around first and slowly got into an order yourself, that would be it." He said, both hands on the cup of coffee, warming them, despite the fact that the room was warm enough. "And if you have any extra time, you're welcome to move the boxes from your room into mine, I'll sort it myself in there." He said, letting her know it would be okay for her to move the stuff in her future room, the quicker it happened, the quicker she could get a real bed in there.

Tabitha nods before going under the kitchen sink seeing the cleaning supplies she seen before and grabbing them. " I going to start cleaning up the living room and dining room then while you finish here" she turns her back to him setting off to do what he hired her to do

"Sounds good." Marcus said, giving her a thumbs up, finishing his coffee before he got up. The clock was a few minutes to 8 am, so he had to get ready as he put the cup over in the sink for her, opening the water to fill it so it wouldn't dry in too quickly before he moved down, seeing her already setting about her business. "I'm leaving for work now, I'll see you later." He told her with a smile, giving her a wave as he went out to get his jacket, shoes and briefcase, leaving a moment later.

She watches him leave for work, leaving her here alone. Tabitha goes about her day cleaning and straightening up the house. After a few hours she had the living room, dining room all down and just finished moving the last box to his room. she goes and turn when she sees a picture on the ground. kneeling down and picking it up she sees him with a beautiful woman looking so happy. Think that this must be his wife she looks around before place the picture on his nights and going down to start on dinner knowing he'll be home soon.

Marcus had a long day at work, it seemed everything there was being dragged out and it took an eternity. He ended up leaving fifteen minutes late, weary and tired, longing to get home and get his feet up as he came home a few minutes later than he'd told her. Seeing the place clean, he smiled, smelling a bit of dinner being cooked already, he moved into the kitchen after getting out of his shoes and jacket, placing his briefcase by the stairs. "Afternoon." He said with a gentle expression on his face, though his weariness and exhaustion was obvious.

She was just finishing cooking when she turns and sees him. Seeing that he most be time she moves to wave him over to the dining room where dinner was laid out and set. " Good evening you look tried" she tells him " dinner is down come eat"

Back
Top Bottom