Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chaos is a lonely road( communistfluffy and I)

Alicia nodded to Anona's instructions as she looked at her before she went out, "Are you okay?" she asked as she looked back out though she realized that Anona probably wanted her to gather herbs and other nutrients, so she didn't have to worry about Alicia, herself, too much. When this thought crossed her mind, she turned heading out of the cottage heading into the forest a little way as she picked some herbs she recognized and other roots she suspected might help though she wasn't an expert herbalist. When she had a pack full of herbs and other things, she headed back to the cottage walking back in hoping to see she was still there fearing all the things that happened yesterday might affect their ability to travel together despite not going very far since she was attacked. When Alicia entered she called out, "I'm back!" She said hoping Anona would answer her call.

Anona was still out washing to clear her head plus she needed it her body was filthy from traveling so much, she was thinking if Alicia was even fully prepared for travel. She sighed there was a town that was in the foothills that would have more supplies for her new traveling companion. She finished washing and got out of the river, she created a fire on her skin making the water evaporate. She quickly got dressed and went back to the cabin "we need to go through this trading post to get you some better attire for traveling and some additional supplies" she said simply. She grabbed the skins that she had collected they would be good for trading. Anona needed repair for her boots and additional layers for the mountains, she was certain that they would need help to stay warm "you'll end up freezing to death up there and you need real boots ones that come up and protect you. I can't have you passing out or getting injured then I'll have to carry you every where." she said. She was trying to be nice but she wasn't very good at it. She sighed getting things ready to go "we have a lot of ground to cover so we need to get going. There's a river around if you wanted to wash. We don't stay in towns longer than it takes to make some trades and get minor repairs." she said softly.

Alicia nodded as she put down the pack for Anona, "I got a lot of roots and other things I thought would be helpful Anona." She commented as she put her things in a pack next to that so her book wouldn't be stolen, that book held knowledge to keep her at least a worthy member of this partnership. When she finished she made her way out to the stream slowly removing her robes she slowly slid into the stream feeling its cold bite at her body as she twitched some but was just thankful for water to bathe in. When sh got in she gently begun to wash her body and hair taking good care of them. Alicia cared for her body a lot which it often showed when she did bathe and if somebody was watching could see. When she finished her bathing finally she could feel the warm air touch her as she let out a soft moan from the sentivie skin she had. When she entered the cottage which seemed for the last time as her partner was already ready to leave she smiled at her, "Well I am ready to go Anona!" She said with a refreshed tone due to washing the grime away.

Anona watched the girl reenter the small cabin "then we should get going we are already behind with the little side trip we have to take" she said simply, she looked around and grabbed her pack. She stretched a bit and headed for the door, she started walking at fast pace she hoped they would at least be a few miles out of town by the end of the day. She moved as quickly as she could with out risk of leaving Alicia behind.
They were able to reach the town within a few hours, she traded some of the pelts she had collected for some winter gear and she decided to just go with new boots since hers were rather worn out. She bought a thick shirt and cloak to help keep her a bit warmer, she knew she had a lot of work to do but they would be good on supplies it appeared. She waited for the girl to make her trades so that they could get headed out they had quite a bit of ground to cover.

Alicia traded some things that she knew she wouldn't need, with Anona's suggestion she bought some protective winter gear. When she finished she looked at Anona, "Do you want me to change here so it doesn't have to slow us down?" She asked curiously as she had the items in her hand though she was pretty poor as the things she bought were good quality and drained her purse.

Anona looked at what she had purchased "those should do well I would put them on here and sell what you can of your current clothes. they will not serve you well on the road. You should try to travel light it makes for less work and if we need to run you will be able to run faster" she said simply. Anona walked over to a black smith she offered him silver coin in exchange for sharpening her blades she liked to ge them sharpened every chance she got a well maintained weapon would help her to fight better and more efficiently. The black smith looked at the swords and knives he said they didn't need it. She nodded and asked him to do it anyways, she was a bit of a perfectionist when it came to her weapons.

Alicia nodded to her comments about how they should always maintain a lighter load while on the move across the land. After her friend had said this to her she grabbed her things moving to a spot she stripped down to nothing as she began to put on the winter wear taking her robes making sure they were all there as she put them into a pack. When she finally had all of them rounded up she took the pack heading over to a trader that dealt with robes, and other accessories as she traded them for gold.

When she finished with that she went to stock up with food and other things that would matter on their journey ahead, when she noticed her companion making sure her weapons were up to snuff, her eyes wondered all over the equipment that was being modified. "So you are getting things all fixed up Anona?" she asked as she stood by her curiously a smile on her face despite the challenges they were facing when they were to go into the mountains.

Anona nodded "yes I have my weapons sharpened every chance I get, can't have dull blade how affective would that be." she said simply. She took her weapons once they were ready, she took them and put them away "are you ready we have much distance to cover. While we walk if you see anything that is edible grab it, we will need all we can get our hands on" she said softly. She looked over at Alicia giving her a brief smile, she made her way towards the edge of town. She was in a hurry, and she didn't want to waste time they had enemies out there and they would not give them a single moment of peace "you may to go several days with out rest so when you get the chance to sleep you should take it. I would prefer that you not collapse from exhaustion having to carry you will only slow us down." she said bluntly she meant no insult she was just more direct than most about such details and rarely wasted time with getting to her point.

Alicia nodded to her companion as she headed with her to the edge pf town. The only thought on Alicia's mind was making sure that she had enough for the trip ahead while they made their way out of the village she kept constant watch over her supplies. When she had time she would study her magics now having studied her intermediate spells about half way through. As they walked getting closer to the moutainous region Alicia would pick up various items for the trip ahead though with how fast they were traveling she'd ask for just small naps able to handle small amounts of sleep scattered about.

"Hey Anona we are making good time aren't we?" She asked cheerfully as she picked up another root that if mixed with anything else could be a good meal. Alicia was still keeping her eye out for more ingredience that could be helpful when it came to eating and staying alive.

Anona looked back at her "no we are not we need to move faster and we can not stop until we are well into those foothills" she said shaking her head at the girl, she didn't seem to understand. They were being hunted by a cult of humans so they needed to move faster than most humans, they would have to start before the sun even began to rise and rest after the sun had gone down. This meant maybe a few hours of rest each night until they had put some distance between them. She knew what was necessary, and she just wanted to make sure that they did all that was necessary "if you can not handle this perhaps you should have stayed home safe in your temple with your books" she said simply. She picked up the pace they needed to push harder, she wasn't sure how hard this girl could push herself.

Alicia blinked her face turned to a form of frustration, "I may seem like I can't handle it but I have been only taking small naps cause you want to keep traveling. So no I wouldn't learn a thing and I can handle it." Alicia lashed out a little though she didn't even seem that threatening. Alicia just held onto her pack moving a little faster looking at her motioning her to go faster since she wanted that though she didn't understand why they had to move like they were being chased or something.

Alicia just focused on the foot hills Anona had mentioned not seeing if she was keeping up the young maged just pressed forward determined to show she could pull her weight. Though she did look back Anona worried about despite how cold Anona was to her most of the time. Alicia understood it most of the time despite what I looked like. "I know I flew off a bit back there but why the extreme pace? I mean are we being hunted? Also that is another reason why I am studing so I cN help you out in battle so I am not helpless Anona and I know a lot of strong spells too so I can help out now!" She said happily remembering that Anona saved her from a group of disgusting men that were going to do unspeakable things to her.

Anona stopped and turned on her, her eyes flashed she was tired of this girl being so foolish, she grabbed the girl by the throat not tight enough to choke though as she held Alicia up to a tree "I am hunted like a dog constantly. So yes 'we' are being hunted and chased. The extreme pace is so we can put some distance between us and them, so that we can....take a guess why don't you? So we can actually rest. Now unless you want to die I suggest you do what I tell you because it's for a very good reason" she said bluntly and released her. Anona continued walking, she continued to the foothills. She didn't have time to explain things to her right now, she just wanted to keep this girl safe and alive. She tightened her jaw trying to contain her temper, she was having difficulty dealing with her temper, her patience was wearing thin it wasn't anyones fault it was just her nature.

Alicia sat there staring down at her as she explained when she finished Alicia nodded. When she released her Alicia fell to the ground rubbing her neck keeping up behind her so she didn't anger her again. Though that didn't stop her from studing her magics as she didn't want to talk to her at the moment Alicia felt like she hit a nerve to the extreme. When they had reached the foot hills she put her book away as she began to climb as the slopes got higher. "I am sorry Anona... I was just asking." She spoke though it at this time lacked the fire it had before as she just looked at her back as they continued up.

Anona maintained her pace as she moved forward, she found a nook in the trees with two large boulders, she quickly scaled a tree and cut down a few large branches. She jumped down and set them over and around the boulders so it would create a small shelter that would blend in with the scenery. She sighed and created a very small fire inside so the smoke would go out through a small opening in the top "we will rest here for the night" she said. She did not respond to her apology she didn't want to talk about that not for a while at least. She set up a pot over the small fire boiling some water, she tossed some squirrel meat in from the one she had caught while climbing the tree. She went out and grabbed some roots from a nearby system and some wild mushrooms. She tossed them in the soup and stirred it, they would need to consume more food to help them stay warm in the soon to come chill mountain air. She looked around as she waited for it to be ready it would take a bit.

Alicia noticed that Anona didn't really respond to her though it was probably unable to be helped. She just made herself useful and while she was collecting things Alicia had grabbed some other roots her companion might have missed giving them to her for the stew. When she was busy making their meal Alicia did what she did best, she studied out of her magician book that held a lot of secrets waving her hands around as the magic was literally flowing off of them. Despite how things were going between her and Anona she managed to keep her magical abilities quite strong and fluent despite the friction.

When she had finished a couple chapters which covered two of the stronger spells for intermediates she put her book back in its sling as she watched Anona make food. Slowly she put her face in her hands slouching some on her legs as she sat there waiting for the dinner to be prepared for them. Though occasionally her eyes would peer up at the sky as she then would look back down at her companion.

Anona sighed as her companion went silent, she finished making the soup and poured some into a bowl, she handed it to Alicia "you should eat you will need your strength for this" she said softly. She then poured some for herself, she knew they would need to consume more food if they wanted to keep their energy up and to stay warm. She ate her soup and sighed "look it's complicated but if they catch up to us they will kill you. I'm trying to keep you alive...and safe" she said softly. She finished her soup and poured herself another bowl, "you should have a second bowl." she said trying to change the conversation. Anona finished her food and set the bowl down "get some sleep I'll keep my ears alert for anything" she said laying down on the ground falling into a light sleep. She knew they would have several long days ahead of them.

Alicia nodded as she kept her eye on the soup till she heard that Anona was truly trying to keep her safe. It was the first time she even heard a hint of caring toward her from Anona as she had finished her first bowl then she started on her second. "Alright, I'll eat some more, then get some rest. Though even if you haven't opened up I am glad to have a companion that actually wants to keep me alive. The more we sit here and talk, the more I feel that my decision was right to come with you." She said calmly with a soft smile a while later she had finished her second bowl yawning feeling tired just from eating so much she began to set out camp.

Alicia laid out a bed for herself as she watched Anona keep her eyes out, keeping a keen eye on her and the camp. Alicia couldn't help but stare at her companion a bit cause of how she was protecting her it was so...admirable....so...attractive. Those thoughts were going through her head as she laid down closing her eyes falling into an uneasy sleep.

Anona sighed and shook her head at the girl "your decision was still very foolish and will likely get you killed but I have already watched many die who have traveled with me, I wish not to see another. I will try to keep you alive as long as I can" she said softly. It saddened her that she could not even enjoy the company of another with out thinking about how they would soon be buried in the earth, she hated having to think this way but she had such little choice in the matter, she had woken briefly for those words, then went back to sleep. She was so tired, she needed to keep her strength, she doubted this girl could keep the enemy at bey for long. She sighed in her sleep, she felt so weak right now, just having this poor girl with her, she felt that she was vulnerable with this need to protect her. Anona while she did have her violent rage had always valued life, she fought to protect it, and in some odd way she was protecting life when she fought the order. She knew what they wanted her for and she would never allow it, they sought power, and though she had much of it, it was very unstable. She could not be controlled when in a rage, she would kill anything in her path, she had done that once before and to be honest the thought of losing control like that again frightened her.

Alicia had taken the words of Anona into consideration but it didn't matter, she would learn her more powerful magics so she could help protect herself and Anona eventually. This was her journey the path was small and very dangerous but life wasn't achieved doing things in the comfortable path that most take to avoid danger. Alicia knew that despite her nieve feelings which would surface sometimes she knew that eventually she'd have to put herself on the line for somebody else, why not this woman that would do the same for her.

Alicia's sleep was restless due to the horrors that were pursuing them though regardless of her sleep that she had gotten she awoke looking refreshed. While she didn't notice if Anona was awake or not she got up and moved about the camp outskirts picking anything she could find that would be helpful to keeping them alive, though she could sense something around them. Carefully grabbing what she had she moved toward the camp quickly making sure she had one of her quick magics memorized or on tab so she could chant it quickly to launch it at whatever she could sense.

Anona did manage to get some sleep, she had felt that something was getting close to their camp, she got up walking across the make shift camp. She closed her eyes focusing for a moment to expand her senses "we should get moving" she said softly. She grabbed her things getting ready to get moving again "we need to get a move on things here, there is a storm heading towards the mountain if we hurry we could miss the worst of the storm and the ones who seek us will get caught in it" she said softly. She started walking she pulled out two apples and tossed one to Alicia, that would be their breakfast.

She sighed heavily, she suddenly felt a rush as they were getting too close "Alicia get back" she rasped as she started to shift into her full form. She tossed her pack aside, she would have to fight these them it would seem, she rolled her shoulders as she removed everything but her vest and breeches from her form. She let her eyes go completely black, she knew she was getting close to having to fight these people. She could smell them, her breath grew hot as her skin grew paler, her nails began to elongate and harden into claws.

Alicia stepped back as she finally saw the full 'secret' her companion was reluctant to show her. It was fearsome as she stepped back into a tree the powers were approaching on them as she kept her eyes out just if they decided to avoid her and go after Alicia herself for some kind of weakness since Anona has said they have done that in the past. Without warning she began to enchant a wind spell that allowed a gale wind surround her so if any were caught within it they would be torn to shreds. Alicia was constantly reading her book even with their fights she managed to always find time to read.

While she made sure she was safe she made sure that even if Anona seemed extremely dangerous right now she would have her back. Alicia didn't want to cast any magic directly on her companion due to the fact it might even aggravate her to attack Alicia herself, it was safer just to eliminate those that manage to get around her rather feral friend at the moment.

Anona tilted her head to the side cracking her neck as her shoulder blades began to quiver then slowly lift splitting the flesh along the middle of her back, a pair of great black leathery wings began to unfold from beneath them. She cried out in pain and rage, she dropped to her knees as the spinney wings unfolded wrapping around her. She felt the flesh over her arms begin to harden and turn red like a pair of great armored gloves. She smirked as her canines extended and became razor sharp, she stood to her feet as her wings parted to reveal the full transformation, she swung one of her clawed hands towards one of their attackers. She ripped off half of his face killing him instantly, she snarled as she picked up another throwing him like a small toy impaling him on a nearby tree. She cried out, though it was more beast like than human, she felt strange red spikes appear along her spine. She looked around ferociously for her next target, she made eye contact with Alicia.

The others of the group had made an escape, but her mind was in a fog right now, she reached through the magic she'd been using to protect herself. It did little to her godlike flesh, she grabbed the girl by the throat pinning her to the tree, she growled at her, she hesitated as Anona fought to regain control of her own body.

Alicia watched her take out the men in front of them as she stepped around seeing if there was any more. She noticed that they had taken off though she noticed her companion was still in her beast form and it seemed like she was looking right at Alicia, herself! The thought of being torn apart by such a beast made her freeze in her tracks as she just tried to keep her magic up though noticing it was futile despite how much the winds tried her armor like flesh kept it safe.

Alicia grabbed the arm as she felt the claw dig into her flesh as she felt herself being pinned up on a tree feeling the claw like hand slowly closing as she gasped some looking Anona's scary figure right in her black eyes which felt like voids sucking her soul in. The only thoughts were how she was going to be another tally on Anona's accident mark cause of her transformation doing something she was going to regret but some part of Alicia felt that maybe she might make it out alive. Then again it could be the fact that she wanted to live that badly, and hope Anona would regain control of her beast form and turn to normal.

Anona was able to stabilize her grip so it wouldn't tighten further, she was trying so hard to contain herself. She was struggling to keep her hand from tightening and crushing the poor girls throat, she feared killing another person because she lacked control. A part of her was crying out begging herself to stop, she was trying cry out to her to just run and fight off the attack. She needed help to gain control but she had been too afraid to try it, she feared being close to others. She struggled and fought but soon her claw started to regain power, she shook trying to fight it. She was certain Alicia could see the struggle she was going through right now, she was trying to think of things that might help her to regain control.

Anona was crying out mentally, 'Alicia please do something don't just hang there like doll, I'll kill you' she thought, she was figthing but she wasn't sure how much longer she could hold herself back.

Alicia almost felt the emotions flowing form her eyes as her eyes cried out though she used words with them. "Anona...I know you have had trouble with people...that you often some how get them killed but...I feel I am different...and I want to be there to protect you like you protect me....I want...to be closer to you...just give me a chance, give me a chance to prove it and to show you that I will protect you as much as you protect me. That we can survive this enemy you run from together and in the future destroy them together. Please...give me...a chance!" She cried out moving against her beast hand as she gripped her hand with both of her own tightly. Alicia had tears flowing from her eyes as she either thought that she would be able to reach through to her or she'd be dead at this moment as she could feel her grip tighten despite the conflict in the impulses to do it. Alicia let out another cry as she began to full on cry though it was urges and feelings that hoped pierced that shell that now held her close to death, she wanted to touch the soft soul that reside within that was badly hurt from abuse of incidents that have happened.

Back
Top Bottom