Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chaos is a lonely road( communistfluffy and I)

Anona stood at the edge of a cliff her long dark brown curly hair blowing gently in the wind a few strands blew in front of her crystalline blue eyes with a bit gold around the center. Her lean muscular figure was shown with her fitted brown leather corset with three thick leather straps around her waist and one on each shoulder, her breasts seemed to puff out a bit out of the top, her black fitted breeches, and a pair of brown leather knee high boots. She wore brown gloves over her hands to hide some of the scars. She had two large straps that crisscrossed on her back holding two short swords.
She sighed heavily and jumped down the cliff letting her giant red leathery wings spring from under her shoulder blades. She floated gently down to the ground. She reabsorbed her wings and walked forward she saw about eight men standing around, she knew who they were and she knew where they came from. She ran up behind one gently and quietly slicing his throat with a dagger, she then snuck up behind the next and repeated this one managed to alert the others. As they charged at her, she sheathed her dagger and reached back grabbing her short swords, she smirked as her eyes turned jet black, she swung slicing two in half and ran jumping off the side of one tree punching on in the face knocking him out, and stabbing one in the chest and threw him across the meadow like a small toy. "anyone else wanna play?" she said as blood splatters covered her arms. The other two ran past her to grab the unconscious member and ran off.
She smiled and closed her eyes for a moment as she sheathed her swords, when she reopened her eyes they were back to their normal color, she started walking till she found a river, she started trying to wash the blood off, she scrubbed until it was all gone then washed her face a bit to help herself relax and calm down. She didn't like having to do this but it was either kill or be captured and used for horrors beyond her imagining. She hated what she had to do but it was just that she didn't have much choice.

Alicia walked down the path from left a certain village that had her master that was teaching her magics, she was learning more destructive magics at the time, he had sent her with a book on a lot of basic spells eventually learning the more complex, and deadly spells that lay at the back of the tome. Her eyes were searching over the words as she softly chanting them to herself as she moved her hands in a way that showed pure magic flow from them in the form of a small river of flame.

The obvious look was that she was doing a flame spell though she was making sure she was controlling the output so she didn't start a forest fire. Though she was quite the curious girl she was about 19 so she was young and very curious. Though that stemmed from her curiosity was knowledge which was learning it quickly to master it. She was quite the fast learner and her master was impressed with how fast she had learned, this however set her different form her peers as she felt like she was more important. That only related to magicians but to anybody else she didn't really feel that way but she was strong willed so she wouldn't be bullied. While doing a chant to make sure she was doing it well she noticed a scene it made her blink in curiosity as she noticed a woman nearly dispatch eight men. However the last remaining men grabbed their friends and fled past her not even looking at her assets that were pretty pronounced. I wonder what was going on over there...

The thought kept flowing around her head like the magic she adored as she studied, when she caught figure she followed this figure to the river as she began to clean herself up after the large battle. The cautious mage put her hand up to her mouth and coughed some hoping she would get her attention, "I ...know ...it isn't my business but I want to know why you assaulted those men back there. I mean they were just standing there and you attacked them outright..." She asked curiously though ended with a statement as she closed her book having it at her side as she kept eye on the girl hoping she wouldn't attack Alicia felt that she wouldn't survive an encounter with a woman this powerful and dangerous.

Anona turned on her eyeing her carefully, she brushed passed the girl walking away acting like she wasn't even there for a moment until she spoke "It is none of your concern now run along little girl and play with your book" she said coldly, she kept walking. She prepared herself in case this girl tried to attack her. She sighed heavily as looked around trying to figure out which direction she should head, then she looked down as she felt a slice pain through her abdomen, she reached down gently touching the area, when she removed her hand it was covered in blood. Her blood, she must have been cut by one of the men while she was attacking them. She had not even noticed which didn't surprise her when she was partially shifted she could easily be injured with out even noticing. She was only safe during a full shift, she suddenly started to feel light headed, she grabbed her fore head as she slowed her pace a bit, she leaned against a tree trying to brace herself, she soon blacked out and fell to the ground. She was tired and hungry and then on top of all that now she was injured. She hated to feel so vulnerable, but right now she didn't have much choice anymore.
That night she woke up in a bed, her attire was gone except for her breeches and some bandages wrapped tightly around her abdomen, she must have passed out was her best guess. She slowly started to sit up cringing a bit in pain she must have still been healing. She sat up fully resting on the edge of the bed. She started to stand trying to get dressed so she could get moving again. She soon found her swords heating them with her palm, she removed the bandages, she took a deep breath and pressed the heated blade to wound, she tightened her jaw as it cauterized the wound. This would make traveling and healing much easier and faster. She walked over grabbing a cloth and some water trying to cool the wound. She got dressed and was getting ready to leave.

Alicia looked at her as she frowned holding her hand on her mouth a little, the woman was obviously very much a loner but something about her intrigued Alicia, though what happened next made her gasp. The girl blacked out as she frowned going to her she did have some healing magic on hand but she had noticed the woman's wound and it would only help so much. I should be on my way to the next village to learn more, but this woman needs my help. She thought to herself as she healed it to the best of her ability which was allowing her to lift her putting her piggy back on her.

She slowly made way to her village she had left before as she put her book on a harness to keep it from falling as she made her way back. When she arrived she took her to the inn getting local somebody that knew herbs though it was a small village and they didn't have the best instant healing ingrediants. Alicia's magic was not strong enough to heal, she only managed a half heal as she hoped the other woman which had greeted them then began to work in the inn. Alicia had waited outside just practicing her magic calmly as the woman worked finally finished a while later telling Alicia that the woman needed to rest for the rest of the night and even into the next day till the wound was healed all the way. Alicia nodded to the woman as she walked off with her herbs Alicia poked her head into the room noticing she was sleeping calmly now as she went back to practicing waiting for her to wake up.

When she heard a noise she stood up looking in as she noticed the girl heal the wound forcibly, slowly she entered the room "I couldn't leave you on the road like that...", Alicia commented as she had once put her book on its harness as she talked to the very cold girl that stood in front of her. "It is true that I may be young but I am capable, you would have been in trouble laying on the road like that so I brought you back to my village to heal and get better.", She explained more despite how cold the woman was to her earlier she was going to be nice and figure this woman out.

Anona turned to her "I would have been fine I would have healed" she said simply, she had never been very good at thank you, and she certainly didn't like accepting help. She walked past her "I need to get going" she said grabbing the rest of her stuff, she started adjusting her clothing and putting on the rest of her gear, on her way out she grabbed a dark green cloak putting it on. She started walking much faster now trying to get things moving. She started making her way out of the village. She looked around trying to get her bearing as to where she was and which direction she needed to go. She started heading towards the mountains she found it easier to travel in rough terrain it made it harder to follow and track her and on top of that who and what she was made it easier for her to defend herself. She started to pick up speed again she couldn't really run yet until she had a bit more recovery time but she could still move pretty good.
Anona made it a few miles outside of town and started making camp for the night, she made a fire and set a few other things including traps soon she had caught a couple rabbits, she started skinning and putting them on a spit, she set them over the fire for them to cook. She sat there checking the meat waiting for it to finish cooking, her stomach growled a bit in protest. Soon the smaller of the two was cooked, she took it out of the fire and started to eat the meat enjoying the flavor. She loved rabbit meat she would have to say of the meats she had eaten on the road it was her favorite. She sighed as she ate she felt bad being so rude to that poor girl but it wasn't entirely her fault she had no choice really in her situation.

Alicia blinked as she watched the woman get ready then head out from the village. It seemed like she was trying to escape something or get a head start on something that was trying to get away. The more that she thought about it the more Alicia wanted to keep up with her, though without the girl knowing which she was famous for she followed her a distance away as she noticed she was going to head through the mountainous region which she wondered why not take the paths instead of climbing the high mountainous region.

Alicia had watched her place traps, though she did with great care knowing this girl would kill her if she got surprised so she waited till she noticed her settling down at her camp. Slowly she made to the edge as she looked at her, "I can sense magical energies coming from people, yours is the strangest..." She commented out of the blue knowing she had the girl's attention she coughed again, "What is it that you are either seeking or seeking away from? You seem to be carrying a lot on you..and I want to find out. I have set out regardless to learn and grow as a mage. I suspect if I try to travel with you I'll learn even more than just if I travel the paths on the lower region. I don't know but something about you makes me believe I'll get stronger a lot faster and learn more." She threw that out there though it seemed like she was trying to get the woman to recruit her but she was honestly interested in the woman, not only was the woman mysterious personality wise she was also very attractive. Alicia held a dark secret that her master would forbade while she studied; that was her bisexuality she normally found women more attractive though occasional man was nice she would prefer women.

The woman she thought she saved was very attractive, but she wasn't just attractive in looks but in mental, as well as spiritual wise. This girl screamed her attention and she wanted to be along for the ride despite what dangers would lie ahead for her.

Anona stood up setting down her meal looking over at the girl "you should be careful wandering out here at night you never know what kind of creatures there are out her." she said walking towards her slowly. She knew this girl wasn't just going to walk away and leave her be so it would seem she would have no choice. Anona circled her eyeing her carefully she wasn't sure if she would be friend or foe but she was not anxious to find out. "why I do things is none of your concern and traveling with me will only bring your life to a swift end instead of bringing you more knowledge as you seek. Go back to the village paths and your books they are much a healthier alternative. Besides didn't they tell truly powerful magic takes time and patience" she said simply. She walked back over to her food sitting down and taking a large bite.
Anona didn't much care for company anymore, she preferred to travel alone she didn't have to worry about others keeping up, she didn't have to worry about finding extra supplies, and she didn't have to worry about keeping medicine around since her body healed faster on its own. She did miss having the small talk around a fire at night but the price was to great for a little conversation. "you should stay tonight but in the morning we will go our separate ways" she said softly and held out the other rabbit as she heard another trap go off. She made her way to the trap found and a squirrel in it. She made quick of this one and placed it over the fire for cooking she ate as much as she could whenever she found plenty so she could build up a bit of strength for the times where there would be none.
She eyed the girl from across the fire, she was attractive, young and naive but attractive none the less. She did wonder what drew this girl to her why would anyone be drawn in by some one that would more than likely get them killed.

Alicia blinked watching her as she listened to her explain that she needed to leave and head back to her village that she got out of her conversation. Though Alicia felt that this girl wasn't giving her any credit as a magician to be strong in her magical abilities. "I know you probably have a dark past, but there is something that I think I could learn, you are somebody I feel that has a dark past and is tough so I thought that you'd be the best to learn from. I mean yes magic takes time and patience but I am not going to learn from just walking from village to village like my master applies. I suspect that even him he went with somebody or people that had very exciting adventures...Also I have learned that death or the thought of death is something that can truly bring out knowledge." She explained as she did catch her eyeing closely, it made the young magician blush some though she tried to cover it up as she looked at the food.

"I know you probably intended for you, but do you think I could have a little?", She asked softly knowing that she was basically just asking for food that she had caught but Alicia didn't eat at all as she hoped well for the woman while waiting her eyes fixated on her again, "Through all of this you haven't told me your name, what is it? My name is Alicia by the way." Alicia explained but she didn't mention that she might be a high ranking member's daughter till she knew the woman wouldn't harm her, and it seemed like this woman was also interested in her as well though Alicia wouldn't put any action till she knew more.

Anona handed her a rabbit "eat this you'll need the strength to get home tomorrow and as for my name...it's not important" she said simply. She took another large bite of her rabbit, she got up walking around looking for plants that had roots that would be useful as far as nutrition. She needed to collect some, she soon found one digging a bit in the ground holding her food in her mouth as she searched for thick sections she cut a few loose stuffing them in her bag that she kept strapped around her waist. She stood up taking another large bite and started looking for more such roots "you have much to learn before you would ready for any kind of adventure. And you should choose who you travel with more wisely." she said simply.
She finished collecting roots for food and sat back down, the squirrel was almost done, she turned it slightly. She couldn't help but to think of how she was going to survive in these parts it was going to get cold very soon she could tell. She cleaned the skins and set them to the side perhaps some extra fur would come in handy, she would find something to do with them soon after she had a bit more.
She looked over the girl "hows the rabbit? and the first thing you should learn before you try to travel again are things to eat when food is scarce it's useful" she said softly. She saw the fire getting weak she waved her hand breaking a nearby log into three pieces and then moving them into the fire letting it grow strong again. "besides you are by no means prepared for traveling" she said simply.

Alicia found this girl's attitude quite cold to the touch but she didn't stop as her master could say was that she was very stubborn to the core. "Well, my master didn't just throw me to the wolves mind you..I know that there will be times I will need to eat at certain times and when to travel at others. Also who I choose to travel with will test who I am as a person...I mean that is why I practice magic, which is to protect myself and learn about its deeper mysteries." She continued to talk as she ate the rabbit timidly though it was good she ate almost like she still was at the dinner table.

When the girl asked about how the rabbit was she looked up at her nodding, "Though I am not used to eating it off of a stick it is very good. Like I said...my master didn't just send me out on my own in the dark without some good advice and teaching." She continued to insist on staying with the girl despite her being very walled off from Alicia. The idea is that Alicia found her very interesting and possibly a better way to achieve her magics than if she did find a group that was a little more on the normal side these days, it was often the ones that were the more eccentric were more likely to give her better experience out in the world.

Anona nodded "well you should finish eating and get some sleep because you are going home first thing tomorrow" she said simply, she finished eating her rabbit and tossed the remains into the woods and grabbed the cooked squirrel and started to eat some more. She got up looking for some more food supplies that she could take with her that would at least stay good for a few days in her pack, she found a tree with some apples she took four of them stuffing them in her bag. She walked back over to the camp and sat on the ground against a tree she rested her head back and went to sleep she was quite tired and would need a goodnights sleep in order to travel as much as she was about to. She sighed in her sleep twitching a bit she was dreaming about some of the past and what all she had been through. She woke just before sunrise and she looked over seeing Alicia asleep, she got up and quietly started to walk away from the campsite trying get away with out risking the girl catching up with her.

Alicia watched her eat more, though she could only eat the one animal as she yawned. Slowly she made herself a small bed quickly falling asleep hoping to be up with the girl to travel with her cause she wasn't going to let it go. As she felt the touch of sun she also heard a sound, she thought it was just the girl getting ready to go but it was a loud crack as she snapped awake. Her eyes scanning the area around her to catch eye of five men that had stumbled upon their campsite, they a mixture of being drunk as well as just being disgruntled as they noticed Alicia.

Alicia tried to chant a spell but one of the men came by and knocked her so hard across the fact it knocked her out as she lay helpless to the 5 men that now were looking at each other enjoying how she looked to them. They conversed about what to do with the fair magician as some even began to undo their breeches getting ready to have a fun time in the morning what they had been searching for since they left some tavern from a village somewhere to the north. The noise of the men was far reaching as some were drunk laughing about how they caught a bitch off guard and how she was going to pay for it, but in the mean time give them a 'pay off'.

Anona heard the men and knew what was going on she started to continue on her way and stopped "god damnit" she cursed under her breath she pulled out her short swords she ran back to the site, she sliced on in half and another she took his head off. One that had started to remove his breeches she stabbed right through the abdomen. She snapped the neck of another and cut the legs off the final guy and removed his manhood. She grabbed Alicia and threw her over her shoulder and carried her far away up into the foot hills, she found an old abandoned cottage. She broke down the door fixing a bed and resting Alicia down on it, she soon started to make a fire and some tea. Then all she had to do was wait for the girl to wake up, she felt bad for leaving her in a way that she would be at risk. She sighed rubbing her temples as she sat by the fire waiting calmly. She would have little choice but to take this girl with her a risk she had not wanted to take but now she had little choice. She poured some tea into a cup sipping on it.

Alicia had a dream as the men were there though they got what they wanted at least in her mind, she had a nightmare and struggled for a bit as she finally relaxed. After a while she blinked softly, her eyes fluttering still as she held her head a little from the quick throb of pain from the smack as she noticed she was in a cottage. Then there was the girl to her side waiting for her to wake up while sipping some tea she assumed. Alicia's face blushed deep as she hadn't been saved by a girl before, the men often did that role which were too happy to oblige as well as get into her under garments.

"Uh-uhm...thank you..." She stammered out a response to the girl that sat next to her obviously annoyed Alicia blushed though she frowned a little being an inconvenience to her though a thought shot throug her head, if the girl stayed with her it wouldn't have happened so her attitude quickly changed. Alicia sat up even more rubbing her head again after another quick dash of throbbing pain welled up inside of her head some more though it left as much as it came. "How long have you..been here? When did we get here?" She asked another question as she groaned softly from just being knocked out though while awaiting a question from her heroine she looked around the cottage, it seem pretty simple and the fire was nice though she suspected the girl wanted something to drink while she waited for her to wake up. Her eyes then darted everywhere when she looked around for her book! It was the most important thing to her as it had most of her knowledge she was currently learning, when she looked quickly she noticed it on the end table near the bed which made her heave a sigh.

Anona sighed and poured Alicia a cup of tea "shut up and drink this it will help your head and perhaps next time you wander off with a stranger you'll consider what could happen to you." she said softly. She got up and brought the tea over to her "you were attacked nothing happened the men are all dead I ran into the foothills and brought you here. You've been out for half a day so you need to relax. I'll see if I can catch us some food." she said simply. She went out and a short while later she came back with a couple rabbits that were ready to cook. She placed them over the fire "we are going to eat a heavy meal sleep and leave in the morning you are coming with me since I obviously can't leave you behind or you'll end up dead somewhere." she said simply, she finished her tea and poured herself another cup "and to answer a previous question my name is Anona." she said simply.

Alicia took the cup of tea and sipped it wincing at the heat and the taste. It wasn't something that was brewed out of the fact it was supposed to taste good however she did get saved so it didn't matter. When Anona talked to her, the words she spoke stung her soul but she didn't care she would prove to this woman that she could help out even if she got into trouble and needed help. "Alright, Anona I'll just be here...recovering..." Alicia didn't speak much as she was quite vulnerable at the moment due to what just happened. When she finished the cup she sat it down watching her head out to find food as she laid back picking her book up and studied it trying to focus off of the whole ordeal that just happened to her.

Anona sat there sipping her tea and turned the rabbits over she didn't want to burn them "I shouldn't have left you there by yourself.....I'm sorry" she said softly. She was not good at apologies but she could tell her words had hurt the poor girl she had already been through enough for one day. Anona looked away just starring at the flames she started to zone out making the flames into a variety of different shapes. She watched the shapes slowly form then disintegrate this calmed her, she needed that often for she had a terrible temper that's why few that crossed her lived long. "I hope you like changing locations every single day since that will be your new life" she said simply.

"I choose...to go with you...so I think that traveling is apart of the deal..", She commented as she sipped more of the tea that she told was supposed to help her as she looked over, "Why are you so resistant to people following you? I mean you can protect anybody and I don't think that they'd just die on you or something. I mean maybe you got abandoned by a ton of people or something.." She threw out a wild accusation as she finally put the glass down.

While she waited for her companion to respond she took the little book and did slightly more complex magics that often created shapes like that in the fire place though she didn't do any strong ones fear of burning down the cottage.

Anona got up ripping the book out of her hands "you don't know what you are talking about." she said firmly and tossed the book across the room turning her back on the girl "I started out with three friends traveling with me when I left home." she slowly turned facing the girl her eyes completely black. "the man Rusk that was in my group he got caught in the cross fire I thought he was dead then I found out he faked his death to join my enemy and I killed him with my bare hands out of anger when I lost control. Arina she was a real sweety she was a sage you are a lot like her...She was murdered just moments before I could there to rescue her. She died in my arms she slowly bled to death in the street." she sighed angrily "then there was Tai she was a very dear friend, my enemy got inside her head and drove her insane until she threw herself off a cliff impaling herself on a tree. So do not pretend even for a second that you know what the hell I'm thinking and what I feel and have dealt with." she said angrily baring down on the poor ignorant girl. She walked out of the cottage slamming the door behind her and walked away, she took her sword and swung it taking down several large trees, she was so angry until she fell down to her knees panting.

Alicia pushed up against the wall as she just listened to how her friends were killed, it made her lower lip quiver but the quivering was due to how her eyes were. Alicia only saw Anona like this when she was about to kill somebody or was in battle. The fact she had pushed her to this point over conversation due to the fact that she assumed something small in her mind was astounding. Though instead of feeling sense of rejection and wanting to leave her mind was even more compelled to help out. Alicia couldn't help that she was a girl that wanted to help the world while becoming stronger in her magics...

When she noticed her leave as well as the noise of several trees falling she slowly got out of the bed, heading over to her book picking it up putting it away. When she looked at the door she opened it walking outside though she followed the destruction she didn't go to close to the girl that could be in a raging grief at the moment. "I-I...am sorry, I didn't mean to be so rude in my judgement on how you thought...I...just wanted to know why you were so cold, though I think I know now why you are. I didn't know that your companions were killed in different manners all very gruesome to behold...I-I am sorry." She explained lightly but she didn't move nor could she look up at Anona which she had angered, which caused her to do this large amount of destruction.

Anona threw her sword into the stump of a nearby tree, she was so angry right now and in so much pain she did not like to talk about what had happened to her friends she had never even dealt with the pain, she had just burried it inside it was too painful for her to deal with. She turned to look at the girl "you should never speak about things you do not know nor could even begin to understand." she said softly she closed her eyes for a long moment and when she reopened them her eyes were back to normal she hated losing control like that but that nerve was a big trigger for her. "you should go home I will get you killed" she said simply and brushed past Alicia heading back inside the cabin, she made her way to the fire again tossing some more wood on the fire, she tried to clear her head. She got up making some tea and poured some, she just wanted to calm herself some so she didn't accidentally kill this girl. She stuck her hand in the fire pulling some of the flames out in the palm of her hand, she sighed playing with the flames trying to burry her feelings again she didn't want to feel anything right now.

Alicia nodded only to hear the girl try to push her away though Alicia had waded too far in to just let this whole thing go. When Anona had gotten enough of a distance she followed her back to the cabin as she slowly opened the door to watching her play with fire. Though she didn't say anything she went and sat back down on the bed after closing the door looking at her, she didn't say much due to the fact she was going to let Anona calm herself and hopefully feel better. Alicia only wanted her companion to feel better despite the obvious threat she had said to her while they were outside. Alicia was so concerned with how Anona was doing she didn't even take out her book she studied very diligently on despite Anona throwing it across the room.

Anona remained focused on the flames for a long moment the closed her hand letting them die, she walked over to the far corner away from Alicia, she layed down pulling a blanket over her and went to sleep, she slept deeply for the most except she was dreaming about all the horrible thing she had seen since she had left home. She knew she could never go back it wasn't safe for her or her sort of family that lived there. She saw all the faces of the people she had killed though she had never had a choice she'd had to kill them. She had only ever killed in self defense except one person Rusk she had just killed because she was so furious that he had betrayed her, after that she had lost everything and felt like she could never trust again, she had to lose him twice. She wanted so badly to be able to trust and be close to some one again but it was too painful and risky for her. She often felt like she wasn't even human again, she was only part human but she could feel the human side slowly drifting away. She had so much spinning around in her head that she couldn't hardly clear her head. She slept peacefully it seemed from the outside but on the inside it was complete and utter turmoil.

Alicia watched her still unable to fully comprehend the lecture she got. The feelings were jumbled up noticing her passed out she looks down at the sheets but ignoring the call for sleep she opened her book. She had already masted simple magics for flame which was flare and so on. By the time she had passed out she had already worked into the intermediate spells. Alicia had a small dream it was her achieving her goal but something happened. It felt like a dagger had pierced her back as she stood on stage accepting something that acknowledged her as a true Mage. While she fell off the stage slowly suddenly she snapped awake, it was already sunrise and she looked to Anona not sure she would be there. While she felt around for her book she looked on the floor as she had knocked it off during her nightmare she was having as she let out a large yawn, "Morning.." she said sleepily while she got out of bed wanting to take a shower sighing some standing near the window.

Anona looked over at the girl she had been up for a couple hours "if you are to travel with me you should collect some roots for nutrition we are heading to the mountains there won't be much up there food wise so you need to collect some supplies so you won't starve to death. We have about a day before we start to get high enough to make things difficult. You have till then to collect." she said handing her an apple and a cup of tea. In her own way this was a kind of peace offering for yesterday. She got up drinking her own tea walking out to a stream to wash up a bit, she looked around a bit to see if she saw anything they could take with them, she found some wild mushrooms and picked them, they would be fine to eat not particularly tasty but she could make a soup out of it if she dried them, she stuffed them in her bag. She could go days with out food or sleep but she wasn't so certain about her companion. She would do her best to keep the girl healthy and alive. She found some plants nearby she could use to season the mushrooms to help with the taste a bit. She sighed removing her clothing and stepping into the stream manipulating the water to form a stream swirling around her body and then up to her head running down.

Back
Top Bottom