Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In Memory of BlueMoonRoleplay (old site)

Master Raven

Supporter
Supporter
How many of you remember this?
http://bluemoonroleplaying.darkbb.com/

I know I do. I was talking to DA and her and I got to talking about the old Blue moon site listed above. I was wondering if we still have some active old members here in the newest and longest running BMR to date. I was known as "Raven" a mod of the old site. Looking over the site today I've realized how far I've come and matured since BMR became hosted. Though I didn't retain my staff position or my original name I still remember a few great friends I had back there, a few I know are still here, and wouldn't you know it one of them's a mod now. Time flies indeed. Back in 2008 when the old BMR was in it's hay day I remember trying to get into the U.S Army and finishing up getting my Diploma. Hell WoW hadn't even released Wrath of the Lich King yet, and the summer Olympics where held in Bejing, China.

Who were you in the old BMR?

I wasn't even around for the super early glory days, but I oh so recognize a good majority of the names on that member list. It's awesome that so many migrated and stayed active. And it's amazing to see just how far BMR has come as not just a site, but a community. Gotta love this place!!! :)

I can really only say I've been around for one server switch; but BMR is a resilient site, she will not be brought low by something so pitiful as a change of venue.

xD oh god I remember that one! Boy that was fun. And to think the majority of people on that website had migrated from Darker. I just found an old rp of mine. Thanks posting for the tribute!

Cheshire Pup said:
xD oh god I remember that one! Boy that was fun. And to think the majority of people on that website had migrated from Darker. I just found an old rp of mine. Thanks posting for the tribute!

You're Welcome I mean I was looking over it and memories started flooding. it might not have been there long but it was definitely worth every minute there!

Master Raven said:
You're Welcome I mean I was looking over it and memories started flooding. it might not have been there long but it was definitely worth every minute there!

I remember being like D: but we just got things rolling again! :rolleyes: It's fun to look back and see where I was those years ago ^-^

I was a member there for a little while. Can't say I remember much, but looking over my old posts was kind of fun.

I was totally a member then! I remember that site. It killed my eyes at the time, but it was fun to write there. :)

http://bluemoonroleplaying.darkbb.com/t1008-i-want-to-get-this-out-of-the-way-now

This thread directly resulted in Pretty making me staff, and also the 'Supervillain' tag that admin staff still have on the site.

I remember why PVP did so well now. We had a LOT of idiots.

Google Analytics Pageview battle:!

Blue Moon
November 2012: 1.5 million
November 2011: 1.2 million
November 2010: 1 million
November 2009: .9 million

Elliquiy
November 2012: 3.2 million
November 2011: 2.6 million
November 2010: 2.7 million
November 2009: 2.3 million

----

Unique Visitor Battle!

Blue Moon
November 2012: 20 thousand
November 2011: 15 thousand
November 2010: 12 thousand
November 2009: 15 thousand

Elliquiy
November 2012: 35 thousand
November 2011: 32 thousand
November 2010: 34 thousand
November 2009: 19 thousand

----

This isn't Elliquiy or Blue Moon's total human traffic. Some people block analytics, others disable javascript, since I load analytics at the bottom of both sites it sometimes doesn't load, etc.

'unique visitor' counts need a good salt lick. Google has apparently gotten better about handling situations like what caused Blue Moon's spiking, and it's actually kindof creepy. If a website gives you a weekly unique visitor count, a good rule of thumb seems to be divide the number by four. If they give you a monthly count, divide by eight. This should only be considered for data from the past two years, however.

So roughly ~4,500 monthly human beings for Elliquiy and ~2,500 for Blue Moon, up from ~4k and ~1,800 respectively.

I haven't been on this site for the longest time but, i do enjoy role playing here, this site makes everything so easy, and its not hard to search the request forums or anything, i reall enkoy this place and from the looks of it i am not going anywhere for a long time, great job on the site and i'm glad it has been around so long and i hope it stays here for a good while!

Back
Top Bottom