Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Aegroto Dum Anima Est, Spes Est. [ Rosewater Mermaid x muscularguy4F ]

RE: Aegroto Dum Anima Est, Spes Est.

There was no sense of guilt in his being. He was kind and protective, but he was also vengeful and a true Viking. What he had done was part of the Viking way and he would not apologise for that. Just as he did not expect any Roman to apologise for how he was taken, enslaved and forced to row their ships from land to land at the end of a whip.

But there was sadness and the realisation of her fear and sorrow. He did not want her to be scared of him, he had never tried to rule by fear, only respect. Even his treatment of Thyra was not about creating fear. She had crossed him and for that she had to be punished. Even the shield maiden could respect that.

The priestess however, was different; like no other woman he had ever taken on a raid. She had shared his bed, not just in the proverbial sense but quite literally. He had defended her honour as much as he had his and now her sadness brought him the same feeling.

"I had no intention of hurting or scaring you little one" he send, once again reaching out to her face, this time though he kept his hand there. His touch was gentle, comforting and his thumb deftly wiped away the last of her tears. "My ways are just my ways. They are obviously very different to yours. But they are not a sign of hatred."

He paused, just looking into her eyes for a moment. "You have seen I am capable of tenderness and care. Let me show you just how much"

With that he lifted her chin and leant down to her beautiful face, planting a light kiss on her lips

Her heart thumped faster than the beating wings of a song thrush. The caress of just his finger tips tickled her skin, causing her cheeks to flourish in a pink hues. She felt his warmth, literal and figurative, wash over her as more of his rough hand came into contact with her young, fresh face. She fluttered her lashes, as her distaste for him wained for a moment. During those few seconds, he leaned in, just as she looked up to him with those big, round, sad eyes.

Her silken hair slid off her shoulders as he tilted her chin upwards, kissing her dewy lips sweetly. Closing her eyes she relished in this gentle, kind, and intimate kiss. It was her first ever. She had never received a kiss like that. The ones from before were so hard and worthless. It was vastly different from the ones she received from her relatives. Without a thought, she found herself wanting to see just exactly how tender he could be.

Was this kiss to be a kiss of... love?

Castalia felt a tear trickle down her cheek once more. She wasn't sure if it was from sadness or happiness, as she felt so very confused by him. Who exactly was this man? Part of her wants to see him dead, and the other wishes to believe whatever deception he was plotting. She began to tremble all over, unsure of what to do or say. But when he broke the kiss, she took his hand into his and whispered softly, "My lord, if you continue this, I will surely grow greedy."

He feared what she meant by her greed. He feared she would want more than he could give her. He did not want to hurt her for he had seen her cry and felt how that made him feel. He did not want her to cry again.
He frowned inwardly. All these feelings were so foreign to him. Why did he care? What was wrong with him? Or was it something about her?
Why was he even contemplating these thoughts? He could not give her what her greed may make her want, so worrying about it would be futility. Better to give her what he could than nothing at all

He could see Castalia waiting for a response so eagerly and he gave her a wry smile

"I cannot marry, little one. I know this to be true, that to marry would be against the wishes of the Gods. And I have no wish to upset them and experience their wrath again. "

He leant in, closer to her neck. "But I can give you care and affection like you have never felt. Like you will never experience. " His lips grazed against the skin of her neck. His warmth breath too ran down her neck. "Would that satisfy your greed?"

Back
Top Bottom