Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sanguine Atro [ Nightingale&Jugger]

Nightingale

Super-Earth
Light stood quietly, surrounded by the open air and the tall overbearing presence of the many trees. She could hear the distance howls of the pack. The run had began, and the hunt would soon follow. In this moment, memories flooded every facet of her being, overwhelming every last one of her senses. Reminding her of the pain and sorrow her heart yearned so wildly to forget. Lashes fluttered and golden orbs were revealed to the darkness. Their hue dancing like burning embers, illuminating the darkness before her. Whilst the pack hunted with Richard in her steed, Light awaited the arrival of the one member she had asked to meet her here.

They stood on the sacred ground of the Sauk-Fox reservation. A ground on which no evil could trespass. Though war was forbidden, she yearned to seek out the God who made them, and beg his word to grant her the means to destroy that which aimed to destroy them. There were many creatures that lurked in the night alongside her own. Many of them were natural enemies. She'd crossed paths with vampires, werecats, faeries and even golems and trolls. Her kind however, were different from the normal werewolves most of the new generation believed in. They took the forms of the dark beasts many envision, but each also had a form of a simple wolf with incredible gifts and talents. Light only had one.. as was the nature of the Blood line to the Alpha. Her form was a rare one.. one she did not reveal often.

Nimble fingers moved to brushed tresses of golden curls behind her ears. Straining to listen to any steps coming in the distance as her mind wandered... lingering on the real monsters. The Shadow hunters. Descendants of those who were once angels. They hunted her kind for sport, and eventually planned on making them extinct. They used the souls of the wolf kind to empower themselves, and barter their way into gaining wings of darkness. . .

"Where is he?"

She muttered under her breath, in an unmistakable thick Russian accent. Her patience was thinning..

It wouldn't be his fault. He was caught up with a deer. It happens sometimes! At least...for him it did. He wasn't the best hunter. He was more...tactical than practical when it came to hunting. Where he lacked strength, he made up for with other things...not that he was fully weak and defenseless. When the alpha had called for him to arrive to a certain spot, he wondered why. He did not know why she would call him of all people. He was a simple Gamma wolf, not high in the ranks of the pack and not the lowest like the Omega wolf. He was simply...a wolf there. Walking along the path, he was devouring the remains of a rabbit he had managed to catch on the way there. Nathan soon arrived and threw the carcass aside as he approached his alpha. "Good day to you, Alpha. What did you call me here for?" He frowned and began to panic. "Wait wait! This isn't you kicking me out of the pack is it!? I pull my share of work, even though I have to try harder! I swear!"

"Calm yourself, Nathan."

Her words came cool and crisp. Echoing only to his ears with the powerful tone of the Alpha. To a normal human, she would sound melodic and sultry. To him, it was an obvious tone of force control. Indeed she was aware of his talents, what he lacked and where he excelled. It was her duty to know, and though she was recently new to the position of Alpha the pack revered her as much as they did her Brother.

"I've asked you here to propose to you a task of high concern. You will be given Rank of being my right hand.. my Beta."

Those burning embers landed upon his unkempt appearance and she nearly growled. He appeared to an official calling smeared with the blood of a weak kill. She let it slide.. his appreciate for keen Tactical strategy and willingness to try harder was what she needed him for.

"I need you to protect me, I am leaving the pack in the temporary hands of Richard. I am going to seek out the God Fenrir and I can not do this alone. I have chosen you to accompany me, do you Accept Nathan or shall I make you Omega?"

"When you put it that way, I feel I have no other choice. Accompany you on some long journey thats sure to meet one of our founding gods...or become the lowest of the low within the pack..." He turned around and yelled out 'Omega!', but snickered as he looked back to her. "I kid you my friend...er...Alpha..." He corrected himself and picked up the carcass of the rabbit. He came back and offered her the rest. Most of the meat was still on the corpse. "A gift for you? I hunted it just for you...You know. Since I knew you were to make me Beta..." He was just bullshitting, trying to ease the tension she seemed to be putting on the scene. The air felt too tense because of her high and mighty act. "I am ready to leave whenever you are, Alpha."

Lights shoulders lowered slightly and she released a light sigh. Nathan had been someone she knew well when her brother was Alpha, someone she could relate to, she had been happy when the Oracle had announced Damien the Alpha and not her. She felt inadequate, weak and insecure.

"Forgive me Nathan.."

She breathed out quietly. Turning to face the north. "I don't mean to seem so pushy.. but you really are the only one I can trust to do the job. You know as well as I do the Hunters have someone giving them information, each hunt we lose another member if not two.. I can not stand for it any longer, and it's high time I live up to my Brothers expectations and be the Alpha I was meant to be.. "

She started to walk, glancing back over her shoulder. "We turn here, and move until sunrise.. we're heading into the Mountains, there is an elder of a tribe there who has the first clue to our destination.. If you do not wish to follow, I will not blame you.. and I will not make you Omega."

"You know I wouldn't just leave my alpha behind." He grinned and moved over to her, walking alongside her. "Though...You know that I'm not the most...respectful out of the wolves. And you know what I mean by that. I'll follow you and I'll be loyal...but I can have an attitude and I can be a smartass. I hope you're alright with that, cause I'm not changing it along the way." He laughed and patted her on the back. "Besides...The two of us, alone...on a long journey...Sounds like fun doesn't it? You know what I mean by fun right?" He laughed lightly. "But in all seriousness, Alpha...I am glad that you allowed me to accompany you. You trust me and by knowing this, I can at least serve you wherever you go knowing that."

When he remarked about his little innuendo she growled on instinct and glared at him. "Very funny." She grumbled. It was time to change, she wasn't making the first trek of this journey on foot. Raw power rippled down her flesh and and licked at the world around her like a hungry open flame. In an instant she jolted forward and her form shifted. Bones cracked and reformed, shattering and twisting, contorting beneath her flesh until her place a giant beast stood. Ivory fur glistened in the moonlight, rustling in the gentle breeze. The rising sun tattoo that framed her chest in human form marred her pelt with black. Raven feathers tied into the ruff of her neck and burning embers for eyes glanced back at her Betta. She was waiting.

"Well then...Aren't you just the little show off?" He murmured as he did the same, though his transformation would be much less...impressive. He simply transformed into a blue wolf, about as blue as the moon that night with matching azure eyes. He looked to her and howled lightly as he walked ahead of her. "Come, Alpha! Lets us be off! I'll follow your lead since you should know the way to the village you spoke of!" Nathan said to her before trotting off ahead down the path he assumed she would take, knowing she'd easily be able to catch up to him anyway. "We'd best hurry. Night may be safer for us to travel through the use of stealth. But you know what lurks out in the woods correct? The dark ones...and hunters. Especially hunters at night...Hunting we wolves for our pelts. Let us hurry!"

Light was all too aware of what lurked in the shadows. Desiring her soul and those that followed her. It didn't take long for her to catch up, her stride about twice his. Her size to match. The Alphas of the Ourion pack descended from the Chaotic God Fenrir himself. Their size mere proof of that. Their powers, something else entirely. The white hue of her fur, and the golden ember shine of her eyes represented the element of fire, and thunder that she inherited when her brother was murdered. An event she struggled with, and ached to avenge. "We travel north till sunup, when he arrive we will rest, and once we are rested I will seek council to attain the information we need."

"It sounds like a long and arduous journey...But its better than sitting around and doing nothing except being overpowered by a male elk." He murmured as he could still feel the antler bruises in his sides. He eventually grew tired of his wolf form, and transformed back to his human form. Even in this form, he would be able to keep up with her to some degree. He wasn't the slowest wolf of the pack. "Sun up is in a few hours. We've got to be careful. We may have to rest before then if we don't make it far enough. We should have traveled at night, if you ask me. There would be less chances of us being attacked by dark ones or hunters!"

Back
Top Bottom