Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

<(^v-v^)> & <(^---^)> Damning The Heavens & Submissive Fallen

Shampoo Kuonji

Meteorite
Namine sat at her usual spot in the Flagpole Cafe. Her slim figure and lightly tanned complexion caught most eyes at first, but soon all eyes returned to themselves. She had hazel eyes and light brown hair that flowed smoothly to the small of her back. And at 5'8" she was proud of her appearance. She wasn't stuck up about it though. If anything she was shy around others.

As she sat in one of the flag-decored chairs she opened a book she had been reading for some time. It had many creatures of myth and legend. those were her favorite kind of books. And like every other time, as she read he couldfeel someone watching her. She ignored it as best she could, but that didn't stop a bit of pink from showing in her cheeks.

The young looking woman watched Namine reading, as she had for the last couple of days now. The modest clothes she wore hid the ample curves of Aradia's body so she would draw as little attention as possible. Aradia wasn't usually one to be shy, but there was something about Namine that made her unable to simply approach her. As Aradia pretended to read a book of her own, she let her long, red, curly hair to fall around her face. She wasn't sure of that was really all that inconspicuous or not, but it was the best she could really do. Being out in the daytime was dangerous enough, after all. She was stuck in her normal form and nowhere near as strong as when the sun went down. Being a vampire certainly did have its disadvantages. Fortunately, it seemed no one was around that would want her dead. She was fairly familiar with most of the hunters in the area, but you just never know who might be one.

She sighed softly as she kept stealing glances at Namine, blankly turning pages having never actually read any of the words on the page. She wasn't even sure of the title of the book. It was something she had picked up on the way to this cafe. It had one of those covers that you'd commonly see on a trashy romance novel. A woman in a long dress with so much cleavage showing you had to wonder where her nipples were, and an overly muscular man with long, flowing hair in a lustful embrace. Aradia's bright green eyes flicked from the pages to Namine's lightly tanned legs, causing her to lightly bite her lower lip. What was it about this girl that made her so nervous?

Namine was starting to feel a bit edgy. she was used to being looked at but this person seemed to be persisting. She looked around trying to figure out who it was. No-one was looking her way, so she shook her head and tried to go back to her reading. However she couldn't focus. Someone was watching her. Not just staring, but watching. She hoped the feeling would go away or the person would do something. after what seemed like an age she was able to truly start reading again. her mind back on the book she temporarily forgot about the feeling.

Aradia bit her lip, careful not to show her fangs at all. Why did she feel so nervous? It didn't make any sense to her at all why she felt this way about anyone, let alone someone she'd never even met or talked to. At that thought, she almost wanted to smack her own forehead. Just talk to her, stupid. Is it really that hard? You've had hundreds of years to learn to talk to someone and instead you spend locked away or hunting. Fuck, you're really stupid. Just talk to her! Despite her mental berating/pep talk, Aradia still did not move an inch from the chair she sat in. So she just sat there, stealing glances at her the whole time she was there.

Namine was begining to get bored again, so she closed her book and stood to stretch a bit. She looked at her watch. ~Wow, two hours already.~ Namine went up to the counter and ordered a soda before going to sit back down. as she did, she noticed a strange girl that was sitting not to far from her. This girl was also reading... She suddenly realized that she was staring at the girl and turned back to her book blushing a bit. ~Just my luck.~ she thought to herself, ~I find someone who could be a friend and I lose my nerve to talk to them.~ She couldn't help looking at the girl again, but this time she tried to hide it.

Aradia watched as Namine walked to the counter, her hips swaying lightly. Aradia took a few moments of staring blankly at her book, coincidentally as Namine stared at her. Had she been aware of the eyes upon her, Aradia might have felt spurred on to approach the girl. Namine was alone though, so she shouldn't be that difficult to approach, right? As much as Aradia thought that, she couldn't shake her feeling of nervousness. Still, she had promised herself that today she would talk to Namine. As Aradia stood from her chair, her heart started beating rapidly. Slowly approaching the table where Namine sat, she said over and over in her head Just say hi, see how it goes. After what seemed like a whole minute, when it was really only a few seconds, Aradia waved nervously and said "Hey. You alone here often?" She immediately wanted to hide her own face in embarrassment. Well that sounded stupid

Namine was caught off guard. She just stared at the girl for a moment before she realized she was asked a question. "Well, yes, I suppose." she said, "But why on earth dould you ask?" Her heart began to race. ~Is she the one that's been watching me?~ she thought to herself, ~And why does she make me feel like this... nervous.~

Aradia winced internally as she was questioned as to the nature of her inquiry. She hadn't thought that far ahead, and she had no idea what to actually say as tho why she asked. She had to think fast, though. Give a reason. Any reason. "Ummm.. I was just asking cause I think I've seen you around here before, usually reading a book. I was just wondering... what it is you're reading. I know it's weird to approach a stranger about books, but I'm always looking for something new to read, you know?" She hoped that her excuse sounded convincing, even though she was almost dead positive that it was not.

Back
Top Bottom