Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Music of the Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane rolled his eyes a little. "i'm not an idiot Brandoin." he complained with an annoyed tone to his voice. "for goodness sakes man you think i want to drag more men into this when i don't even want to go!?" he complained, sulking a little as he shook his head. "no thanks." he grumbled as he packed the rest of his stuff, Gwen and Phedra waiting by the door, both of them looking for various reasons. Gwen was worried that Bran was going to fall in love with Phedra. and Gwen was in love with Bran, not to mention she didn't want to give up the luxury that she was so used to. Phedra was worried because she was afraid that the three people she had grown to care very deeply for, was going to die. but they said nothing, and headed out to the stables, where it became very evident... that Phedra didn't know how to ride a horse.

"Sometimes I wonder if you are a idiot."Brandion said sounding amused before sighing as he looked at his friend."Then don't come."he said annoyed with them all, and even more eager ot be away with everything, the grief he felt for this day, both for his wife and for his father, was crippling, and was making him reckless.Smiling softly as he looked at the young girl he sighed."Shane, bring a horse for her.Se can ride with me until she learns."He said climbing up onto the horse settling phedrea in front of him,"You okay?"He muttered

Shane scowled at Brandoin, shaking his head a little. "i'm not leaving you alone! i know that look in your eyes." he growled, Phedra sulking as she crossed her arms and scowled at them all, Gwen giggling a little as she shook her head. "your both insane." she decided as she swung up onto her own horse as gracefully as ever, humming happily as they started through the woods. "...no i'm NOT ok!" Phedra complained. "i'm up on this dreadful thing! that's three times as high as i am tall!" an over exaggeration, but with how terrified of heights as she was, that's what it felt like. "i want DOWN!" Phedra complained, hiding her face in his chest as Gwen chuckled a little. "perhaps we aught to get her a pony instead? their not up so high, and easier to ride anyway." Shane sighed but turned his horse, and the extra mount around and came back with a much smaller Pony for poor Phedra.

Brandoin laughed softly at her exaggeraton, pressing a gentle kiss to phedrea's hair."It's not that bad sweetheart.There, come on we'll get you on the pony."He said smiling a little as he set the girl down onto the ground before helping her onto the pony, settling the reins into her hands.Here.See?That's not so bad is it."

she shook her head. "it is that bad! your torturing me for no reason because your a cruel and evil man!" Shane started to laugh and he grinned at Brandoin. "damn, she really is scared of heights." he mused, Gwen giggling a little. "it's going to be alright Phedra." "no it's not! he's going to DROP me and then i'll fall and BREAK something because this thing is GINORMOUS!" Shane was laughing even harder now, very amused at Phedra's terror as she was carefully settled to the ground and then up onto the pony. she seamed to like that much better, and had her nose in the air for the next several miles, clearly embarrassed about her reaction to being on a horse, but who could blame her with Shane still laughing?

(oh my god Lady XDD Ginormous is actually in the Dictionary! did you know that was a real word!? it's a real word! XDD)

"Hey hey no laughing at me."Brandoin frowned at his friend shiftnig his hold on phedrea to settle her closer to him before sighing softly. Amused but trying very hard to not laugh at the girl, because she was so very scared. Glad that she was happy with the horse she glanced over at shane rolling his eyes,"Shane, stop laughing please. Its not kind."He said swallowing hard because he was trying so hard to be serious and not laugh at the girl

her nose was stuck in the air for miles, and even Gwen couldn't help the occasional giggle, even after Shane had calmed down. but Phedra soon grew bored, and pulled her Violin out, tuned it carefully, and played a jaunty little springtime song while they rode... well, until something spooked her pony and it reared, spilling her onto the ground in a flurry of curses and death wishes for them all. it just wasn't a good day for Phedra, and Gwen shook her head, slipping from her horse. "come on Phedra Love. you and i will walk." she assured the disgruntled musician before attacking Shane for laughing again with a stick, making Phedra laugh as Gwen lashed Shane with both tongue, and branch. "ow! ok! OW! I'm Sorry! OW!"

Brandoin swallowed hard, before going after the pony who'd wndered a few feet away instead of laughin at his friend. Returning with both his horse and the pony he sighed, shaking his head."shane, havent you learned that it is bad to laugh at women?It tends to bite you in the ass."He said though he looked amused and relaxed, so very different from the man who was so very broken his faith in gods didnt exist anymore. Granted he would probably return to being melachony. but for the moment, he was happy, without the stress of being a king at court pressing down onto him.

Sane grimaced as he rubbed where Gwen had been hitting him. "it's not fair! YOU where laughing!" "he wasn't laughing out loud, he was HIDING it you insensitive brute!" Gwen chastised as Phedra giggled and struggled to mount her pony again, her laughing eyes looking up at Shane. "help me! this thing is so fat i can't swing my leg that high!" she complained. clearly watching Shane get beat up in her defense had lightened her mood. once back in the saddle, they set off again, and Phedra actually tried her hands at the reins this time. she'd probobly never make it up to a full sized horse, but with Gwen and Shane both giving her pointers, she'd soon gotten the hang of making her fat little pony turn, back up, and stop.

"He is a insensitive brute."Brandoin said snickering as he watched, so very amused at them. That evening when they made a camp site, the king sighed tiredly as he rubbed his eyes, staring at the flames as he leaned back against the tree behind him, watching the fire. The depression that usually took him in the evenings finding him harder, it was worse when the others were sleeping. Adn with gwen tuced in against his side sleeping, without the distraction, the poor man had nothing to distract him.

Sophia stared up at the stars as she lay in the sleeping bag they had brought for her, glancing at Gwen and Brandoin with a small sigh, feeling a pang of jealousy. she wished she could have a person she could depend on... be with. sure she could go cuddle with Shane, but he annoyed the hell out of her, and even asleep the bastard couldn't lay still. she stared up at the stars, who had been her freinds through most of her life, and closed her eyes a little as she shook her head, wishing she could have someone to hold, and love as well. "i'm lost... and can't be found..." she muttered softly to herself, thinking everyone was asleep. "and Death's the only sound... in the cold, cold winter morn..." it was part of a song... a dark song, and she pulled the covers over her head, and tried to sleep.

Branoin frowned looking concerned at the sound of the singing, shifting his hold to lay gwen down before reall thinking about it he moved to lay down with phedrea, gently wrapping his arms around her,pressing a kiss to her head."you're not alone,sweetheart."He muttered.

Gwen was sleeping too deeply to realize she was being abandoned, but Phedra gasped as she was laid next to, turning to blinking at him. "i thought you where asleep..." she admitted, sounding a little embarrassed as she turned away from him, but didn't try to pull away. "...but i am alone unfortunately..." she admitted with a sigh. "i will always be alone..." she admitted simply. "i am the daughter of a goddess that no one believes in anymore..." she admitted softly. "i was sent to this land to bring back the faith... but instead people attack me, and hate me, and mock me..." she shook her head. "even you. who should beleive the most... has no faith in the gods."

brandoin laid on his back staring at the stars as he thought, pain twisting at his heart."i lost to many people phedrea, to believe that thr gods care for us."he said quietly, because it wasnt that he didnt want to believe, his grief just kept him from believing.

Phedra sat up and glared at him suddenly. "you cannot blame the gods, for people's mistakes Brandoin!... they gave to us Free Will, that we may CHOOSE how to act. there are men that Choose to rape, and pillage, and pilfer, and there are men who choose to try and stop them..." she sighed a little and set her hand on his. "you lost someone very important to you... but so do we all. should you not be glad to have the Gods? They who protect the souls of the good, and the Kind, and give them a place in a paradise where none fear, or hurt, or hunger?" she asked, looking at him. "they give us life, they do not take it away." she laid back down, wiping her eyes. "when a god dies... they get no such luxury... they just... disappear forever..." she admitted softly. "the people you lost, look upon you, and offer you strength... but i have no one but myself and my violin..." she closed her eyes. "and even you will leave me someday."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom