Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Mystery Island & Its Protector. (MysticSparxman & NightSorceress)

MysticSparxman

Supernova
The sun was shining above an island that not many people knew even existed. There had been rumours about this island, but no-one had ever been able to confirm its existence. Dante was one of these people. He was a pirate and he had taken a crew and his ship, and he had set off in search of the island. Complications set in during the journey in the name of a rather fierce storm. The storm was enough to sink Dante’s ship and Dante just about managed to make it to an island his ship had been passing. Unfortunately, his crew never made it to the island, and unknown to him, the island he had made it to, it happened to be the island he had been looking for.

Dante slowly started to stir after being unconscious for hours on end. Slowly, his eyes opened and he propped himself up on his elbows before he took a look around. ”Where….am…I?” He muttered to himself. It took a second or so for his head to start throbbing, and then he realised that he didn’t even remember how he had gotten to wherever he was. ”Wait a minute….how did I get here?” He rolled over onto his hands and knees before he pushed himself up onto his feet. Once he was on his feet, he turned around and looked out to sea. It was at this point that he realised he was soaking wet, so he knew something must have happened. The only problem was the fact he didn’t know what had happened. He brushed strands of his dark brown hair out of his eyes before he turned away from the beach and started walking. He didn’t know where he was going, but he knew he had to take a look around, so that’s exactly what he decided to do. Dante was just hoping he wouldn’t get himself lost.

She was out for an afternoon swim when the notice the wave kicked up and the sky grew dark. A nasty storm was brewing and she knew she had to get back to her island. She swam swiftly however she was stopped when she noticed from the corner of her eye a figure sinking into the water. She paused a moment but knew she could not let him die.

She swam to him and grabbed him bring to the surface and bringing him back to her island. She was able to drag him safely on to shore but then had to leave him as she was afraid to be seen by him.
No one has ever seen her so she took off running back to her house on the other side of the island

As Dante had started walking, he really did have no idea where he was going. He didn’t know just how deep into the island he was going, and he also didn’t know if there was anyone else on the island with him either. Of course, it didn’t really help that he couldn’t find a single one of his crew members, just like he couldn’t seem to remember how he had gotten onto the island in the first place. Dante kept his hand on his forehead, mainly because of how much his head felt as if it was thumping. He only wished that there was something he was able to take for the pain he was feeling right now, but he knew that there was probably nothing. Not only did he not know where he was, but he also had no idea if there was anyone else who might know where he was. Still, it didn’t stop him from hoping that he might find something sometime soon. What he was hoping to find, he didn’t really know, but he was hoping he might be able to find something at least.

It was around thirty minutes later that Dante eventually managed to find his way around to the other side of the island. Of course, he didn’t really know that he had found his way around to the other side of the island, and he stopped and lightly scratched the top of his head as he looked around. ”Where am I now?” He muttered to himself. He really did have no idea where he was at all. As he took a look around, he was sure that he was able to see something in the distance, so he turned and started to walk towards what he was sure he had seen. The thing he had seen in the distance was a house, but because of how far away he was, he didn’t really know that it was a house. At least he didn’t know it yet.

She sat by the fire place roasting her dinner. Her hand mindlessly braided her very long black hair. As she sat there her mind kept jumping back to the man she left laying on the beach. She couldn't help but be hopeful that he was but also she was a bit afraid. She had never spoken to a man before and wondered what he would be like.

She galanced out the window of her home also watching for him to show up. Her house was a fine house it looked as though it was built by master crafts men. This house was meant to stand against anything and to keep her safe inside

Dante was still clueless as to where he was on the island, but he had already managed to figure out that he had made it to a different part of the island. This in turn did make him wonder just how big the island really was. It also made him wonder if there was anyone else on the island with him. For all he knew, h was probably on the island alone, but he was hoping that he wasn’t on the island alone. After all, he had no idea just how long he was going to be stuck on the island. Hell, he didn’t even know if anyone else knew he was on the island. Sure, there were people who knew he had set sail along with his crew, but they probably didn’t know what had happened since.

Continuing to head in the direction of what he had seen in the distance, it took Dante around ten minutes before he was finally able to make out the fact he had spotted a house. He tilted his head to the side slightly. ”What’s a house doing on an island like this?” He raised an eyebrow before continuing onto the house. He reached the house a few minutes later and stopped just outside the front door. ”Umm….hello….is anyone there?” He called out, not really knowing if he should expect to hear a response or not.

She was checking on the dinner when she heard a mans voice. She looked nervously at the door. Surely she couldn't hid from him, after all he could probably smell the food coming from with the house. She bit her lip and slowly went to the door opening it slowly. "Hello" she said softly and meekly not know what to say or do. Her vibrant purple eyes looked down a bit.

Dante was surprised when he had heard a voice. He honestly didn’t expect to get a response, so he was surprised when he did get one. That look of surprise was still on his face as he saw someone open the door. He tilted his head to the side slightly as he saw the woman who opened the door. The first thing he noticed about her was her vibrant purple eyes. He remained silent for a few moments, but then he lightly scratched the top of his head before letting his hand fall to his side. ”Umm….hello….I was just wondering if you could help me.” He paused for a moment as he tried to think as to what he could say to her. ”Could you tell me where I am.” He rubbed his forehead a little bit, wincing in pain for a moment. He turned his attention back to the woman a second or so later. ”I don’t remember how I got here. All I remember is waking up on the beach of this island.”

"I found you when I was out swimming, there was a storm I would assume it wrecked your ship, I brought you back to the island." She then stood back to allow him into the house. "Come in in have some food cooking over the fire if your hungry, I am Kai."

Dante came to the conclusion that he was going to have to believe the woman as to how he had managed to end up on the island, mainly because he had no memory of it at all. He smiled a little bit as she had stood back to allow him to come into her home. Dante stepped inside her home before looking back to her with a small smile as she had introduced herself to him. ”It’s nice to meet you Kai. My name is Dante…and thanks for bringing me back to the island…I really appreciate it….but where is this island?” He asked in a somewhat curious tone. ”So…are you the only one living on this island?” He asked curiously.

Once he was inside her home she closed the door and then went to the kitchen and got him a glass of water feeling he was probably thirsty. "I am not sure where this island is, and yes I am the only one on this island, that is until you showed up. You are first person I have seen in a very long time."

Dante took a look around inside the house after he had been let inside, and after doing so, he turned the focus of his attention back towards Kai as she handed him a glass of water. Of course, he quickly drank it up, and then he set the glass down. ”Umm….thanks for that.” He smiled a little before thinking on what she had said about not knowing where the island was. This only served to confuse him some more, but at the same time, it raised more questions than it answered. ”If you are not sure where this island is….then how did you come to be on this island yourself? And does that mean that there is no chance of anyone finding us here?” Of course, he was hoping that there would be someone who would be able to find him at some point, but at the same time, he wasn’t going to hold his breath. Still, it didn’t stop him from hoping. ”How long have you been here on this island if I am the first person you have seen in a very long time?”

Kai looked down and bit her lip there was a new sadness on her face. "My father banished me here when I refused to marry who he choose for me, once a year he comes here with enough supplies to allow me to stay yet another year if I don't change my mind and want to go back with him and marry who he says." With that she turned away from and quietly got him so more fresh water.

Dante had a somewhat confused expression on his face as Kai told him how she had come to end up on the island. He sat down in the kitchen as he thought over what she had said. ”Well that’s not really very nice of your father. It should be up to you as to who you marry. That’s not really the type of thing that should be decided for you by your parents…..or anyone’s parents for that matter. Sure, he might be your father, but he doesn’t really have any right to tell you who you should marry.” He sighed a little bit as he shook his head, thinking it over some more. ”It’s nice of him to come here with supplies for you, but still, it’s wrong of him to have banished you here.” He paused for a moment as he had thought on this briefly. ”Wait a minute….where did he banish you from?”

Kai looked surprised when he asked where she was from. She bit her lip and thought it over for a few minutes. "Oh just some small place that no one has ever heard of" she shrugged a bit, "well enough about me tell me about you, where are you from and what were you doing sailing all the way out here."

Dante smiled a little bit and just nodded his head as she had told him how she was from a small place that no-one had ever heard of. That sounded good enough to him, so he saw no reason to doubt what she was saying to him. ”I see. So, what is it like back where you are from?” He asked in that same curious tone of his. He thought about her question soon afterwards, and then he lightly scratched the top of his head. Dante shrugged his shoulders at her questions, as he didn’t really remember too much. ”Umm….I’m not too sure. I remember that I’m from the mainland…..somewhere….but I can’t remember what I was doing sailing all the way out here. I wish I could remember, but I can’t.” He sighed softly to himself.

Kai wrinkled her forehead when he said he could not remember anything. She did not see any bumps on his head but he must have it when he ship was wrecked. Or he could still be in a state of shock. "I am sorry that you do not remember anything, but perhaps in time it will come back to you." She smiled softly at him.

Dante sighed softly to himself as he looked back to Kai after listening to her. He was hoping that she was right. He was hoping that everything would come back to him, because he didn't know what he would do otherwise. He smiled a little bit as he nodded his head. "I hope you're right about that, I really do. I wish I could remember everything, but I just can't for some reason. I'm not sure why, but I did have a major headache when I woke up on the beach. I don't even remember what happened to my ship." He paused for a moment before continuing. "What did happen to my ship?" He asked curiously.

Kai while Dante was talking she moved to the cabinet to get a bowl and then moved to the pot over the fire and she ladled in some stew and brought it to him with a spoon and some bread. "I didn't see any ship when I saw you, it must have been torn apart by that storm."

He sat down in the kitchen as she had moved over to the fire for something. Since he wasn't paying much attention, he didn't really see what she was doing. He only looked back up at her as she had walked back over to him. He smiled a little bit as she gave him a bowl of stew and some bread. "Thank you Kai." He bowed his head a little bit, as he was grateful for the food she had just given him. He looked back up at her again as she told him what she thought had happened to his ship. "Oh no....that's not good. That means I have no way of getting off this island."

"No I am afraid you will have to wait until my father comes with supplies before you are able to get off this island." She looked down a bit "But sadly for you that will not be for another 7 months." She looked at him "but you are welcome to stay in the house with me, it is certainly big enough, and there are 2 extra bedroom you can choose from."

Dante's eyes widened in shock when Kai told him just how long he was going to have to wait for her father to come back to the island with supplies. Sure, he had a feeling he would have to wait for a certain amount of time, but he had no idea that it would be so long. "Seven months?!" The surprise could clearly be heard in his voice as he had said this. "People will think I'm dead." He sighed softly to himself. "My friends....and family." He looked back up to her a second or so later and managed a small smile. "Again....thank you....I really do appreciate all of this....and I'm sorry for being so much trouble. After all, I'm sure you weren't expecting anyone here on this island....wherever it is."

Kai couldn't help but think how nice was going to be to actually have someone to talk to for a time. She had been very lonely these long years alone on the island. However all thoughts where shattered as he stated he had loved ones that were going to miss him. She looked down almost sadden. "You are not being any trouble at all"

Dante didn't really know what it was going to be like to stay with Kai on the island for so long. He knew that he didn't really have a choice in the matter. Even though he knew it was something he was going to have to get his head around, he was sure that he would get used to it eventually. It was just going to take him some time, that was all. Dante tilted his head to the side slightly when he saw the slightly saddened look on Kai's face. "I am glad that I am not being any trouble to you Kai." He paused for a moment before he continued speaking. "So...ummm...would you be able to give me a tour of this island sometime? Just so I can avoid getting lost around here." He smiled.

"It will be nice to have some company for a short time, it has been so long since I had anyone to speak with. However I am sorry you will have to suffer my fate and be trapped on this island as well." She smiled at gently. "I can show you around the island anytime you wish, but I would imagine you are tired now and would much rather rest."

Dante thought on what she had said before he nodded his head in agreement. Even though he knew he was going to be stuck on the island for quite some time, he did think it was better to be stuck on the island with someone rather than being stuck there by himself. Looking back to her, he gave her a slightly reassuring smile before shaking his head. ”You do not have to be sorry Kai. If it weren’t for you, then the chances are likely that I wouldn’t even be here at all. I would probably be laying on the seabed if it weren’t for you, so I must thank you for that. Anyway, I don’t mind spending time here on this island with you. It certainly beats having to stay on this island by myself. I think I would go crazy if I was here by myself, so it makes me wonder how you have managed to cope for so long.” He spoke in a softer tone as he had said this to her, and then the smile on his face widened a little bit. ”It would be great if you could show me around the island. Maybe you could show me tomorrow? I don’t really know what the time is right now…..and I am feeling a little tired. Would you mind showing me where I can lay down?”

Back
Top Bottom