Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Would you want to know how you're going to die?

Do you want to know when and how you're going to die?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No, I wanna be surprised

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
If you could know the exact time and nature of your death, would you want to know?

I'd have to say no. If I new, I'd be all paranoid, and have no fun. If I don't know, I have as much fun as if it could be eny second. Actually, I do live like I could die the next second from now. Awesome.

Well, for me, I think it depends on when it is/how much longer I have. Still, I agree, I'd prefer to be surprised. I don't think I'd be able to fully comprehend "death=time limit" anyway even if I was given a date I could do nothing to alter or change 20 years from now. It's just too much time to feel pressured about anything but anything shorter than 5 years left and I'd be too anxious about it to enjoy the time or be productive anyway. So, not knowing, I don't live like I could die tomorrow but I don't feel like time is wasted either because I'm enjoying myself and doing what I can to be happy and fulfilled moment to moment(even if that fulfillment for today involves filling several hours with watching mindless Youtube videos). It's not fulfillment in the broad sense of "OMG! I did so many good and productive things!" but more in the "I didn't spend hours locked in my house staring at the ceiling and crying about my impending death." sense.

I think the only reason I would want to know was so I could avoid getting murdered in some horrendous way unless it was inevitable. Then I would just off myself like the day before. XD

That's a good strategy! Depending on how terrible the murder was going to be, if it was unavoidable but somewhat quick and painless, I think I'd prefer to let someone else do the deed. Afterall, I might screw it up if I tried because my desire to live would get in the way.

Yeah, I mean, if it was like something seriously painful and just fucked up, I would have no qualms just ending it. I'd rather not turn into an evil spirit because of a violent death.

Then again... it occurs to me, if there was no way to change it and the way you were going to die is by being murdered then suicide wouldn't work because... that's not how you're going to die. 8[

This is hard to think about.

And what happens if you succeed in outsmarting Death? Will he just forget about you? Or will he even make it worse for you the next time?

I guess in the end it is better to just except your fate and let life/death surprise you.

I want it to be a surprise... like the first time a hot chick milked my prostate! LOL

(Yeah.. I said that... this it BMR.. if that offended, get over it.)

No, probably not. I feel like I'd live my whole life thinking "I die in exactly thirteen years, sixty two days and fifteen minutes. I have to prepare.", and never really live my life. But if the opportunity ever came up, I'd probably say yes just for shits and giggles.

No, not at all. I'd be living my day-to-day life counting down the time I die or my mind will be obsessed with avoiding my death rather than actually living. Although, I guess that is one of the larger points of life, trying to avoid dying. Ehehehehe.

Nah. I think I'd like to be surprised when it happens. I hate countdowns to negative things.

I would. I feel like I'd enjoy life like the main character in "Big Fish." Going around taking on challenges going, "This is not the way I die."

Maybe yes.. maybe no. It would depend on how much time is left, and if it's unchangeable.

If it's unchangeable and decades away, I might actually feel better, and do things I might not otherwise do, knowing 'well, this isn't what's going to kill me'. Then again.. the worse outcome of doing anything crazy is just getting badly hurt and living to regret it. >_> So I doubt I'd do anything TOO crazy still. But with a timeline, I might be more inspired to live life more than I do now.

If it's changeable... I'd live up to that point, and then try to alter it and avoid it.

If it's like, a year away and unchangeable, I wouldn't want to know... I would end up never doing anything and just being depressed knowing my time is that short. D:

Ruphhausin said:
I want it to be a surprise... like the first time a hot chick milked my prostate! LOL

(Yeah.. I said that... this it BMR.. if that offended, get over it.)

This just made me LOL. Probably because it's just...a really funny image. XD

Back
Top Bottom