Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Planet Degrasus

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT IS THE 41st millennium. For more than a hundred  centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden  Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the  will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the  might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass  writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of  Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for  whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that  he may never truly die. 

YET EVEN IN his deathless state, the Emperor continues  his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the  daemon‐infested miasma of the warp, the only route  between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican,  the psychic manifestation of the Emperors will. Vast  armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds.  Greatest among his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes,  the Space Marines, bio‐engineered super‐warriors. Their  comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and  countless planetary defense forces, the ever‐vigilant  Inquisition and the tech‐priests of the Adeptus  Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their  multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the  ever‐present threat from aliens, heretics,  mutants ‐ and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one among untold  billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody  regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times.  Forget the power of technology and science, for so much  has been forgotten, never to be re‐learned. Forget the  promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim  dark future there is only war. There is no peace among  the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

RULES:

1. Enter your charcters in this thread.
  2. No OOC.
  3. No one-liners.
  4. No fighting? Please. What part of In the grim dark future there is only war didn't you understand?
  5. Yeah, there's war but there can be romance, too. Just don't slut it up or I may have you arrested on charges of being a Slaaneshi cultist.
  6. No godmodding, although I think that's pretty much common sense.

Now, it's time for a little backstory to this thread.

Planet Degrasus is a small planet that is located in the Segmentum Obscurus of the Imperium of Man. It has climates similar to Earth's. There are 5 continents on Degrasus, with 12 Nation-states on each. On the Northern most continent that the locals call Aggripala, there have been 13 murders in the city of Honulus. The Adeptus Arbites, the enforcers of Imperial law are at a loss to explain the very drawn out and exact procedures in which the murders were carried out. The rooms in which the murders were found were covered in occult symbols and the stench of Chaos was rampant. It has become clear to the Arbites that this is no longer within their jurisdiction. Inquisitor Hudrow Lasengral has been dispatched to the planet by order of Lord Inquisitor Iocanth himself. perhaps between him and his companions, they can destroy the evil that has yet to fully reveal itself.

NOTE TO MODERATORS: Feel free to lock this thread whilst I make a character profile thread.

Addendum: I have finished making a Profile Thread, it has been linked to in rule 1.

The sun rose on the Degrasus as it usually does, and the cities began to wake ans stir with activity. Men headed to the manufactories to begin their manifold tasks, Children on their way to school, Planetary Defense Forces running patrols. Preists of the Ecclesiarchy beginning their sermons of devotion to the Emperor. And a ship coming out of the warp near the planet. This ship carries Hudrow Lasengral, an Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus, and his blank, Jen Jones. The ship is registered as belonging to a wealthy shipping company owner named Derek McRegal. Jen is playing as the wife of this wealthy man. According to the report from the Adeptus Arbites, the heretical cell may already have members working within the planets government, and among its nobles. Lasengral decided a cover was needed to facilitate investigation without attracting undue attention. "Perhaps, if the Emperor wills, we'll find these heretics, burn them and be done with it, so we can go home.", said Hudrow.

Landing at the Honulus starport, Lasengral and Jones disembark, where the hotel that Lasengral booked had sent an air car to take them to their hotel. Knowing to keep the details of the case private, they remain silent for the trip to the hotel, until they reach their suite.

Jen gave him a small smile but said noting. She was the quite sort always on the alert for evil forces trying their dark magic. She was a sight to see her long blonde hair her sparkling blue eyes and the figure alot of mean could die for. Her dress hugged her body well and the color was white bringing out the color of her eyes and skin and hair. She then gets on the air car holding her dress and noticed some of the looks other men paid her and knew she was a very pretty woman a sight to behold. She was a gift to the emperor . When her family found out what she could do they trained her how to control her magic and use for the good of the kingdom then went to the emperor to have her employed there.

She followed Lasemgral off the air car when they got to their suite they be sharing as husband and wife. She would play the part well knowing if she did would be to blow their cover. When the door was closed she bowed her head to her superior officer and said "on the way here there was no dark magic at play but i fear that makes it all the worse for one could stirke out when we least expect it". she then put her clothing away then turned to him saying "would you mind if i go bathe now" it was her way of saying she wanted to be alone for being in a room with a man when she was truley unwed was a feeling she was not used to and fear if she did not go take time to quite her mind she blow their cover.

As they entered the suite, Lasengral took out a miniature auspex and did a quick scan for eavesdropping devices. None were present. Being satisfied, he promptly sat at the table, produced a small pipe and proceeded to smoke some fine herb from Tallarn while gazing out at the city."Chaos is insidious, Jen. By its very nature, Chaos is random and unknowable. That's not to say that a daemon will appear in the suite at any moment, but the taint here is identified as Slaaneshi in type. We can expect that any heretics we encounter will dress in garish colors, indulge in many pleasures of the flesh, and enjoy pain. Feel free to use the shower if you must.", he said to Jen. In truth, while he did find Jen attractive, he knew his duty to the Emperor, to the Ecclesiarchy, and indeed to all of Mankind, was more important, and to that end, has remained mostly chaste. Besides, the case files needed to be reviewed before the Emperor's work could truly begin. "Join me out here when you're done and we can begin looking at what we already know over dinner. It would appear that the Ruinous Powers may be taking hold of the planet." He then proceeded to order up room service and have dinner brought to the suite. Something fresh, like braised traladon steaks with a bottle of some fine amasec, a kind of wine that is produced and sold all throughout the galaxy.

Jen bowed her head to him as she ran into the bathroom. She closed the door behind her and let out a sigh. she hated the fact her heart skipped a beat when she was around him. She was set on this mission cause of her duty was to keep the emperor's men alive and safe while they did their work. She stood and looked in the shower and thought how she longed to be in the arms of some man and to know all will be well but she knew that could never happen. She turned on the shower and took off her dress and dropped it to the floor and stepped inside to wash.

A few minutes later she got out and put on a sliver night gown that also hugged her body. She brushed out her hair and after taking one more look in the marrior took a deep breath then walked out of the bathroom. She walked over to him and sat down across from him saying "alright lets go over this case".

Handing Jen a pict-slate, Lasengral looked at another while swirling a glass of amasec in his hand. He took a sip, then looked again. "The murders all happened within days of each other. There appears to be no pattern, but the Arbites have already uncovered that this is definitely the work of a Slaaneshi Cult. As a little bit of background, in the Warp there exist four dark gods of chaos. Nurgle is the god of rot, disease and despair. Khorne is the god of blood, war, and slaughter. Tzeentch is the god of fate, change and sorcery, and Slaanesh is the god of pleasure, lust, and debauchery. What I see in these pictures is someone and several others taking the time to enjoy this act of sadism. The victims all died smiling, which would suggest that they were tapping into their inner masochists, and taking pleasure from their own mutilation." He proceeds to pour Jen a glass of amasec, and continues, " This also suggest the likelihood that these were not just done for fun, there was a ritualistic intent behind them. Perhaps they are attempting conjure a daemon of the "Prince of Pleasure"? Drinking slowly, he stares again at the cityscape.

Jen looked at all the pictures and nodded her head to all that he had to say. she took a sip of her drink and rubbed her arms looking out the window and said "still this all gives me the creeps and what we are going after is going to be not a easy thing and maybe very dangerous ". she took anther sip and looked him in the eyes and said "good thing iam here to help i do not think one of us could handle this alone". she stood up after she pushed the pictures away and stood looking out the window saying "lets hurry and get this over as fast as we can i hate this people with a passion and what they see fit to do". She could not look at him with for she might cry she cared so much about total strangers it was kinda a weakness for her but at the same time it made her stronger.

He looked at Jen with mild concern, and got up to stretch after having sat for so long. "Are you alright? I can't read your thoughts or sense the presence of your mind, but that doesn't mean I can't see when something's bothering you." He joined her at the window, putting his hand on her shoulder. "What have we got to worry about, anyway? I'm responsible for the destruction of over 20 heretical cults on more worlds than I care to remember. This one is no different from the rest."

Jen filched when she felt his touch but made no move to push his hand away and said "alright if you say so but lets hope its sooner then later before we lose anymore people to this cult". She turned her head to get a good look at him and gave him a warm smile and said "shall we hit the sack and start on this tomorrow the traveling kinda made me tired. She took one look at the place then and notice they only had one bed where was she going to sleep.

"Yes, let's get some sleep." Noticing the suite had but one bed, Hudrow offered it to his "wife", while the suite's couch would have to do for him. Besides, it looked as plush as the bed, so it couldn't be too uncomfortable. "We'll get up later and start gathering information. I have a few trustworthy contacts on this planet that can point us in the right direction." Walking over to the couch, He laid down and drifted to sleep.

Jen smiled and nodded her head. She made her way over to the bed and let out a sigh as she climbed in. She looked over at him sleeping for a bed and in a wisper "thanks for the bed ". she then drifted off to sleep as well.

Awakening the next morning, he saw Jen still sleeping and decided to go brew a pot of stimcaf and make some breakfast before she got up. It gave him time to think about what would be the best place to start looking for clues. The first objective should be to establish the strength of the cult, who's leading it, and what it is trying to accomplish. The second thing that must happen is the uproot of it. If it grows too large, and the entire planet succumbs to Chaos, then the whole planet will have to be condemned and declared Exterminatus by Cyclonic Torpedo. Better to kill the planet than let the entire sub-sector be corrupted. Still, he hoped it wouldn't have to come to that. He has never once had to order the destruction of an entire world, and he wasn't about to start. He hears a ping from his personal data-slate, telling him he has received a message. Looking, the message is from an unknown sender and it reads, "We know who you are and why you have come. We want to help. Meet us in the Cathedral on Congressional Rd., then sit in the third pew from the front. Then, go before the statue of the Emperor. Offer a prayer to Him, and return to your seat. One of our people will talk to you."

Jen woke to the smell of coffee and breakfest. She sat up and said "Hudrow you did not have to make me breakfest thought that was one of the wife's duties". She climbed out of bed playing the part in a friendly manner she was always on the gaurd in case someone was trying to figure out who they where and blow their cover. She went to the bathroom and got dressed for the day wearing a most stunning light blue dress that hugged her body. She put her hair up into a clip and joined him at the table for breakfest. "this looks good and smells good so whats on the agenda for today".

Staring at Jen in her dress, he almost forgot how to speak. Somehow she looked heavenly. Clearing his head, he sat down with breakfast, and said, "Well the first task should be to figure out how strong the Slaaneshi presence is here. That means investigating local brothels and drug dens. Our covers should keep us above scrutiny, but if I need to, I'll show my badge to prove I have the authority to get what I want." Rather loudly, he said, "We'll also have to go visit the Church on Congressional Rd, dear. In a hushed tone, he said "Pack a pistol and be ready if anything goes down. I got a message from some people who say they want to help, but we need to be ready to defend ourselves if it's a trap."

Jen nodded her head and said rather loudly "yes honey we need to pay our respects to the emperor and thank him for all the good blessing that has come to us". she then then lowered her tone and said "I will bring my pistol in my purse and be on the look out for any dark magic at work i will protect you like i was sent here to do". She then took a bite of her breakfest and said "this taste really good". she took a sip of her brandy as well. she had to adimit he was a handsome guy and this whole cover was causing some unwanted feelings to raise up with her but she made no show of it.

Arriving at the Temple of the Emperor, Lasengral and Jen moved to the third pew from the front on the left side, then went to go offer a prayer to the Emperor. <Emperor, hear my prayer. Deliver us from the heretic, the mutant, and the alien. Domine, libra nos.> He peered over as Jen knelt beside him. In the light, shining down from oculus in the ceiling over the statue of the Emperor, she looked almost angelic. Getting up from prayer, he returned to his seat as he had been instructed.

Jen knelt beside him and closed her eyes and said her prayer "Emperor ,hear my prayer keep me safe and bless me as i do your will in live and bless my husband as well as he does your well in life Domine,Libra nos". She stayed there for a minute or two in silent prayer trying to find out if they was walking in a trap but receive nothing. She got up and returned to her seat as did Hudrow had done.

Sergeant Josh closed eyes. He could hear his brother's voices in his head "Sergeant are you sure we can trust them?" He is haunted by that question. The shuttle shutters and the Space Marine Sergeant opens his Icy blue eyes. He was alone his squad taken from him as he was sent on a lone mission to aid on an Inquistion mission. His Chapter Master didn't breif him on much but he was to assist and protect with his life if needed.

The shuttle landed and the massive Space Marine dressed in his blue power armor walks out with a squad of Guardsmen. On the Space Marines hip rested his Chainsword and Bolter pistol. He was a force to be afraid of. Surely those Guardsmen were afraid of the Man before them walking effortlessly into the landing pad with his massive heavy armor. One of the Guardsmen calls out to the Sergeant "Sir, what are your orders? this is a peaceful world? Do...Do we truely need to be here?" Josh turns to face the Squad of 6 Guardsmen "Find the location of our Target and report back to me his location." They all Salute and rush off lazguns in hand.

Rose crept inside of the church with a black clock over her head to hide her face from view. She watched as her targets did as she asked them too. She then went up to the altair and said her own prayer . When she was done she got up and quitly walked back towards the back and sat down right next to Jen and Lasengral saying ";we need to talk meet me out back behind the temple iam here to help ". She hoped they would listen to her and meet her behind the temple. she got up and quickly found her own seat away from them so as not to draw attation to them.

The Sergeant scanned the port and he cleared his throat. He slowly walked along the street. Many people moved away from the Space Marine. The massive armored man drew much awe from the people. "The Emperor had sent his Blessed Son to aid the people" some people were whispering. The Sergeant head them clearly and stood alittle prouder trying to make the people seem alittle safer. His gauntleted hand never left his scabard though. Heretics could lay in wait anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom