Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sword and The Rose. ((Kolath x Butterfly))

Kolath

Pulsar
Nathan Da'??jeer, duke of Mount Point one of the most powerful members of the court. He understood the inner workings of nearly every group and division inside the kingdom. it made him one of the most valuable people around , it also made him the most dangerous. The kingdom was now in a time of great upheaval. The king had just been killed and though he had a heir the boy was too young to take the throne. Therefore his uncle was assigned as regent, that was nearly three years ago. As things were now there was no way that the regent was going to step aside and allow the rightful heir to take the throne.

Nathan knew all this and so had taken steps years ago to see that the prince would be placed back on the throne when his eighteenth birthday arrived. There was however one other problem that he would have to face. Despite his plans and his carefully constructed double life as, the Black Fox, he had forgotten one thing. He was supposed to be getting married in the next few months.

It wasn'??t just a month ago that his aide de camp had come to him and reminded him about it that he would need to switch back to changed back to his noble life. it could not have come at a worse time his wedding was going to fall in the middle of the most important time for their resistance. There was no way that he could live both lives at once, and assuming that his new bride was anything like the other ladies of court she would turn him in without a second thought just to get ahead. This was going to have to be played very carefully.

Two young ladies, both of the same age, sat within the grand carriage of the Earl of Winston. It's destination was the home of the Duke of Mount Point. It's cargo was precious for one of these two ladies was the Earl's daughter, Terra, the betrothed of his grace the Duke of Mount Point. The other was her handmaiden, Anya.

The first was a rather plain looking girl, even with her red hair. It was a dull red, her green eyes just as dull and well... plain. Her clothing however was grand and fine. The fabric some of the finest that money could buy, vibrant purple in color. A dress fit for the daughter of an earl and the jewels about her neck and wrists were much of the same. But even with them, she was still... plain.

The second girl was very similar. Red hair, green eyes, but while she held the same features as the first in color, this girl was extraordinarily beautiful. Her hair was glowing, shimmer, especially when the sunlight hit it just right. Her eyes just seemed to dazzle, sparkle. Anyone could get lost within them. But as the first girl was plain with beautiful clothing, this girl was in turn beautiful with the ultimate in plain clothing. It was almost a crime for the maiden to be so stunning and be dressed in a servant's garb. Tan, boring, bland.

Both sat in silence as they traveled along the bumpy road. This was possibly the most dangerous part the their journey and the very reason the earl had the two girls take precaution from the start. It was far to important that Terra make it to her husband safely...

"Are you comfortable milady?" asked the young woman... dressed as the earl's daughter.

Terra, dressed as Anya smiled, "Yes, quite. If I had know that your clothing was this comfortable Anya, I would have had you switching places with my more often over the years we have been together."

Anya, dressed as Terra only frowned and wiggled, uncomfortable, "I would have had to deny you milady. I don't think I could have taken your dresses more then this one time. How do you handle such uncomfortable corsets? This is torture I swear."

"Tis the burden of being a noble lady I am afraid. As it being shipped a hundred miles from the only home you have ever know to marry a man you have only meet a handful of times and that was in your childhood." She sighed and glanced out the window. "Perhaps I should let you take my place as the bride Anya. He would not know the difference I am sure."

"But milady, you have spoken so well of his Grace in the past. Were you not good friends in your childhood? Did you not write to one another of the years? And it is said he is a handsome man. A kind man as well."

"Then you would be happy to have him?" Terra smirked a little, amused by how pale Anya suddenly was. "Don't worry. I don't plan on making you marry my betrothed. Once we pass through these woods we will be upon his land and we can change back to our normal selves again. We should be safe from bandits by then..."

Little did either Terra or her double Anya know, they would not reach the end of the woods. Not today.

Nathan had given no orders regarding a carriage passing through the north woods this day. But that also meant he had not told his men to leave it alone. He couldn'??t be everywhere at once, the forest covered nearly six hundred miles, and his group covered three more forests in the kingdom with the backup of many of the local people.

At that same moment Jacob, his second in command, and the only one that knew his secret on this side of his life, waited in one of the trees overlooking the road, waiting for the carriage to pass under him. all around his men were hidden waiting for the right moment. They all knew their jobs and the instant that the carriage passed they all went into action. In moments every guard had a sword to his throat or a crossbow bolt in his chest. It was surprisingly quiet just the dropping of Jacob onto the roof of the carriage made noise.

Soon Jacob slipped off the top and opened the door to the interior. "??Good days my dear ladies I trust you will do us the honor of your presence at dinner tonight."? He smirked surprisingly charmingly with his roughish grin, bright golden locks and crystal clear blue eyes.

Anya and Terra were startled by the sounds outside the carriage. It was Terra that peeked out and saw the rouge's attacking. She quickly shut the blinds and drew close to Anya, "We are being hijacked..."

The poor maid instantly went white. She had not thought that her posing as the noble woman here for Terra's protection would actually come into play. She instantly reached for the small hand crossbow they had stashed in the carriage with them. But Terra's hand went to stop her, "No. It would be best if we did as they asked. For now..." She reached reached under the seat and pulled out two daggers, "Hide this under your skirts. Use it only if you must. Anya."

"Milady, I'm frightened!" she whispered, the fear in the maids voice clear. It was amazing how very calm Terra was during this. She had the composure of a warrior rather then a noble lady.

"You must not call me milady. From this moment, you are Terra. The daughter of the Earl of Winston, betrothed of the Duke of Mount Point and I am you. I am Anya." She knew there was little time left, but she had to finish instructing her friend. She should have thought to do this sooner, but it was too late now. "They will attempt to ransom you. You must convince them that as a sign of good faith they send me as messenger of your captivity. Once I am to safety, only then reveal who you are. They will not be able to ransom you for as much as they would the real earl's daughter and we will be together at the duke's manor in no time. Do you understand?"

Before her friend could answer, the door opened and the game began. Anya, as Terra, was pale as a ghost, and stumbled over her words. The true Terra placed her hand upon her back to support her, answering for her, "You rouge. You have frightened my lady terribly."

"It.... it appears..." Anya stumbled over her words, trying to find them, "It appears we... my handmaiden and I that is, have little choice in the... the matter..."

Soon they stepped from the carriage to see the bandits ransacking the things on their carriage as well as the things from the cart that followed behind with all of Terra's possessions she was taking to her new home. A few of their guards were lying dead upon the ground while the others were off to one side, hands being bound together into a long line and blindfolds over their eyes. Terra and Anya were split apart then. The blonde hair rouge took Terra towards his own horse. Gently he bound her hands and blindfolded her. A gentlemen it seemed her hoisted her up to sit in the saddle before mounting behind her. The ruse was working for he truly seemed to think her a noble woman and treated her as such.

And they clearly thought her the handmaiden as well, for her treatment was less then gentlemanly. They were harsh as they bound her own wrists, tying her blindfold to tight before one of them lifted her up and tossed her up over on of the saddles among a number of items they had stolen from the cart. Like she was some kind of prized game they had just hunted and were taking back to camp to skin, stuff, and hang upon the wall. It was still a while longer before they seemed to pick everything over to their liking before they all set into motion.

Anya with the Jacob upon his horse.
Terra among the loot.
And the surviving men walking along like a chain gang of prisoners.

Going to where, none of them knew.

The group passed through miles and miles of forest taking many different turns and often recovering their path just in case anyone could see past their blindfolds. Finally they came into a large clearing under a ancient tree that towered over all the rest spreading its canopy so wide that it made a large clearing nearly two hundred yards in radius. There were a few hoots and cat calls from the large group of men in the clearing as they saw the noble lady. However they knew never to touch one of her station however the maid was another story. As the group came into the center of the clearing Terra would feel many hands touch her up turned ass or slap it hard and many dirty comments made in her direction.

Nathan was sitting in the small wooden hut that had been set up as his command post that only he and a few select people could enter. He heard the commotion and sighed knowing that one of his hunter groups had come back with a lady. He had tried to get his men to not make such a ruckus but so far had only gotten them to keep their hands to themselves. Standing he checked his mask to make sure it was on right before pulling his hood up. The dark recess of the hood hid all but his mouth and eyes. His hair though no one could see it was a shining blonde with highlights of a deeper red in it. his eyes however were the most shocking feature they were deep blue almost purple and sparkled with hint of gold.

He stepped out walking toward the group seeing Jacob helping the lady of her horse. He wore simple clothes the cloak around him the only elegant thing he had on. Trimmed with a fine gold pattern that seemed to shift and change with the light. The rest of his clothes were simple leather or cotton the sword at his side simple but having a elegance all its own. He noticed the group wasnâ??t around the noble lady but something back a ways. He started to walk back toward the group.

Terra had expected as much if they got into an instance like this. It shouldn't last thought. Anya would have enough sense upon her to demand her "handmaiden" be leave unharmed or she would not cooperate with them. Besides... one or two of those that touched rather then just looked got a nice firm kick. She landed it a few of the times she tried, smirking knowing her success with the matter.

But as the horse she was on came to a stop, she had to face the worst of it. She hadn't anticipated being separated so very far from her friend. So Anya was not there to stop them from having a little fun with her. Still blindfolded and bound, she didn't know what was happening as someone pulled her down, grabbing a handful of her ass and going so far as licking her ear. Disgusting! She attempted to lash out at him, but was quickly passed to another man. She could not see it, but the men had formed a little circle and were each taking a turn feeling her up before throwing her across the circle to another who would stroke her legs and whisper some lude comment into her ear before passing her again. It was a horrible and dizzying experience.

Where was Anya?! She had to stop this! She was the only one that could! When one of the men was as bold as to reach his hand up her skirts and press his whole hand near her womanhood, she panicked and screamed, fighting as they passed her about still. She couldn't hear her friend far across the way calling out for her, even though she was still tied and blindfolded herself. Still hearing her scream, she feared for her. "Anya! What are you doing to her! Anya!! Leave her alone!"

Nathan saw what was going on a moment before she was pushed across to another man that slipped his hand under her skirts. That was too much for him and hearing the screams of both women blinded by red for a moment. There was the hiss of leather on metal and then the crunch of metal passing through bone. As Nathan'??s eyes cleared he was panting hard down on one knee having tripped the girl with her laying across his knee and against his free arm that was wrapped around her shoulders. In his other hand was his sword dripping with blood the hand on the next man in the circle to have her laying on the ground.

His purple eyes looked around the circle as he stuck his sword into the ground. Not one of the men dared meet his eyes. "??You know full well the law about how we treat women here, that applies to all women not just noble ladies." His now free sword hand reached up and untied her blind fold so she could see but his attention was still on the circle of men not noticing that his hood had falling back, showing his redish gold locks coming from under the back of his mask. Finally after all the men had turned to leave he looked down at her smiling softly. "??Are you alright my lady?"

Terra could tell something had changed, even with the blindfold still in place. One moment she was fearful of the next. But when suddenly, she just felt strangely... protected, even though she was still in the arms of one of the rouges. There was something different with the way this one held her. Hearing his words only told her that there was indeed something different. He was someone of authority, commanding them without anyone protesting. It eased her mind greatly that she knew she would not need to worry and longer about wandering hands. If the men were half as intimidated as she was, none would dare go against his word.

At first when the blindfold was removed, she got only an eye full of the sunlight from over head. She flinched a moment, shutting her eyes as quickly as they opened until they adjusted and she opened them again. Opening them and happening to catch herself looking right into his deep eyes with her own deep eyes.

Her breath caught in her throat as her heart skipped a beat within her breast. She didn't see the mask, the cape, or anything else. There was just his eyes. The most interesting color that made her feel like he was looking right into her very soul. Right into her heart. She was unable to say a word in response to his question about her well being. She was just lost in those eyes.

"Let her go!" were the words that broken the moment. It was Anya, who the moment her own blindfold was removed, spotted Terra and went off running, Jacob right behind her but unable to stop her from reaching her friends side. She quickly reached down and snatched Terra from Nathan's hands, pulling her up and holding her protectively at her side, "Are you alright?! Did they hurt you?!" Anya then turned to look down at Nathan and proved that she had very quickly adopted the role of Lady Terra. "How dare you! How dare you and your men treat Anya and I like this! Do you have any idea who you deal with!?"

In the brief moment that he had to look over the woman that just came in screaming at him, he knew several things about her in that instant. As she berated him for his and his men'??s conduct he sighed standing taking his now clean sword and sliding it back into his sheath. "??Yes my lady I do know you are the daughter of the Earl of Winston, Terra I believe, and seeing how protective of her you are I'??m guessing that Anya is your handmaiden and has been so since you were young."? He came over and stood just in front of both of them at his full six foot three inches and looked down at her. "??And for my men's actions I to apologize for it, and you have my word that punishment has already be dealt out. As to how I dare treat you like this, meaning kidnapping you both well it'??s what I do. I am that Black fox after all. You and your handmaiden are my honored guests till your father, or husband to be pays your ransom."?

Even with their hands still bound together, they held to one another. 'Anya' did it more to give 'Terra' confidence, but she was surprised yet pleased to see that Terra was really stepping up to the challenge at hand.

Both were truly shocked. Not only for how he was able to identify them so quickly but also who he revealed himself to be. Well, perhaps not all that surprising. The Black Fox was quite famous through these parts. Some called him the devil himself. Others called him sent from God above. Only those that ever meet him face to face discovered which was the truth. It seemed that Terra and Anya were about to join the ranks of those that knew.

"So..." 'Terra' began, sticking her nose up into the air as she spoke. It was perhaps the best way to portray the earl's daughter as a stuck up blue blood girl. Would want the Black Fox to be rid of her fast and speed up their ransoming and release. "You know who I am. You heard of my passage and sought me out I see. Congratulations your plans to capture the Duke of Mount Point's prize have proven fruitful."

The Black Fox smirked and shook his head, "??You will forgive me my lady but you are not that important, we did not lay a trap for you we merely caught you."? He motioned two of his seconds over, "??now if you will just follow these men to your lodging I'??m sure you will be comfortable enough till someone sends a ransom for you."? He turned on his heel and walked away his cloak fluttering behind him.

The seconds took one arm of each of the girls and started to lead them toward the main lodge but through a side door into another section of it. the rooms were small but comfortable they could not have expected much better had they been captured by a noble men and held for ransom.

Nathan walked into his room and pulled his mask off. Sitting down on the edge of his bed he covered his eyes with his hand. In that instant the eyes of the handmaid came back to him. the feeling that there was a connection made between them was unshakeable. He slowly breathed in and out calming the blood that rushed through his veins. This could be very bad seeing as she was the handmaiden of his bride to be...oh this was a pickle. He laid back on his bed looking up at the ceiling sighing deeply. How was he going to hold his future bride for ransom and ransom her? this was going to be interesting.

The two girls were thrown into their shared room once their wrists were untied. Finally, in private, they could both breath. Terra helped Anya to the bed sitting her down upon it as she whispered to her, "You did beautifully. They truly think I am you. You need to just keep it up."

"Oh dear, milady I don't know if I can," Anya whispered back, "I mean, the Black Fox! They say he is just as clever as a fox! He'll find me out I know he will!"

"Not if we work together on this. If you keep up this act and I work to convince him of it as well, he'll stay fooled. We'll pretend like you are a spoiled little rich girl. Demanding. Infuriating! He'll want you out of here as soon as possible!"

"Oh he'll kill me first."

"He'll never do that for it would only bring the wrath of my father and my betrothed upon him. Now! We must get to work at once! Are you really to bring out the worst of yourself... Terra?"

"How?"

----

A few moments later, after Terra and Anya laid out their plans, Terra (or whom the band of rouges thought to be Terra) came bursting from the hut doorway, Anya following close behind, in a grand show of authority. "I DEMAND to see your leader! At once!" she spoke strongly and commanding to the men standing guard over them. "You take me and my handmaiden to him at once! I will NOT take no for an answer!" She had hardly even given them time to think about it before she added, "Are you deaf? Take us to the Black Fox!"

The guards both drew their swords as the girls came out and Terra started yelling. Jacob was there having just placed the guards and given the rotation assignments. Both the girls were forced back from the door the guards looking very stern. "??He will come and see you when he decides too and not before."? It was Jacob speaking and his voice was not one to match his looks right now.

As they continued to make a ruckus questioning the guards ability to hear, Nathan had heard the yelling and having slipped his mask back on he walked out just as the last statement was made. "??No, my lady but if you keep up all that they soon will be, as will half the camp."?

Terra faded back a little bit as the swords were drawn, but Anya was right there to hold her stead and urge her onward. She was doing a wonderful job so far. They could not intimidate her now.

The Black Fox however intimidated Anya. As he spoke, making himself know it was not Terra that had to support Anya. Ever since he had saved her from his own men, their eyes locking... dear lord her heart raced just thinking of those eyes. And it was because of those eyes that she could not meet them now.

"Well if they would have just listened to my orders in the first place..." Terra commented, her hands on her hips, chin up in the air. "I wish to speak with you. If I am to be held here until who knows when, I have some demands I wish to be met. I am accustomed after all to a certain lifestyle and I will not sink to your level of living just because I am your captive. I want my clothing brought to my quarters as well as clothing for my handmaiden. And I will NOT be cooped up in this stuff little hut either! I demand I be allowed to roam your grounds."

Nathan smirked slightly and stepped forward pushing his guards to the side standing well inside what would be personal space. "??And you my lady will learn what it is to be a captive. You do not demand things you request them. You do not yell at your captors that is a good way to get yourself hurt and we don'??t want that."? His purple eyes narrowed as he stepped even closer. "??I have dealt with many stuck up princesses like you and you will understand that here you are not in command here you are a guest. If you wish to be treated as something else feel free to let me know, but it cannot get better only worse. Do you understand?"? his words held a veiled threat but he had dealt with too many girls like this, he knew just what to say to make them understand their situation.

Anya could see that Terra was getting a little weak, facing down the notorious Black Fox when she was really just a meek little handmaiden under the snobby princess exterior. Not able to handle any more, Terra just gave a great growl of annoyance and turned, rushing back inside her hut.

But Anya stayed. This was her chance. Terra would certainly be confined to her hut all the time. It was for the best they decided. Being a snob would be tiring. But Anya on the other hand... "Please, you must forgive my lady," she started, making sure to get his attention right before he was moving to leave. "This has all been a shock for her. She is usually not THIS tyrannical. Is there no way you can at least make things more comfortable for her? Even just change of clothing from her things. Even just some of my own clothing. There isn't much there but at least she will be more comfortable if we must be confined to these quarters and this quarters alone."

Nathan had turned issuing some orders to the guards and Jacob who jumped right to it. turning to face the speaker he found that it was that girl. His body tingled a little with the sound of her voice he wished that she would look at his. As she made her request known he smiled and gently reached out brushing his hand against her cheek before lifting her chin to look into her eyes. Once again he got lost in them and couldn'??t help but stare for a long time. Finally he broke the spell by saying, "??I already have given orders to the effect that your luggage will be brought here after some of the ladies of the camp go over it to make sure there are no weapons. And you and your mistress will be allowed our to roam freely in the bounds of the camp if you both give me your words that you will not try to escape while you are walking."?

He just had to look in her eyes, didn't he? She was trying to win him over and here he was being charming and winning her over instead. Blast him. Still, she was getting exactly what she wanted so it was worth the moment of... strange and sudden sexual tension. "You have my word, but...." she glanced towards the hut a moment before lowering her voice to a whisper, forcing her to draw closer to him still, "I will not lie to you for I know it would be best to stay in my captures good graces.... I cannot give word for my lady. She acts rationally and may attempt to flee this place."

He nodded sighing, "??Then I am afraid that I will have to have a guard with you when you walk. There are too many wild animals around here that you and your mistress might be hurt."? He smiled again stepping back from her his eyes still locked with hers. "??Take care, beautiful handmaiden I will make sure nothing happens to you or your mistress as long as you obey the rules."? His cloak fluttered and he returned to his privet rooms.

Her face suddenly was red. Almost as red as her hair. That was... what an exit. If that was how he made his departure from a simple conversation with a handmaiden, she could only imagine him when he was in his true element. Robbing a carriage or dueling a nobleman. Oh why was her head so filled with images like that! She had to shake them out, calling after him, "Thank you... Sir Fox," before turning and retreating back into the hut with Terra.

The guards all giggled a little, "Sir Fox huh?" they joked at him.

The Fox slapped the one guard over the top of the head as he walked into his room. It was then what he had just done hit him hard. He couldn'??t believe he had done that. What had come over him? he had just blatantly flirted with the handmaid of his wife to be. He knew that in most arranged marriages there was a lot of infidelity on both sides. However he had been raised to know that such things were wrong and in his relationship with his wife he refused to have anything like that. Yet here he was flirting with the very attractive handmaid of his wife to be. "??Oh this is not good."?

Days passed in the Black Fox's hidden camp. That one time was the only time Anya spoke with the Fox. She learned the very next day that their leader had left the camp on some secret mission. After a little sweet talking, Anya learned he did this often and could be gone for days or even a week before returning. It was the time she needed to earn trust.

While Terra kept most of the time to the hut, Anya in turn took her privilege to walk about the camp for all it was worth. Even with a guard, it was more freedom then she had felt in a long time. Since she wanted to walk about so much, the guards had to take turns watching her. She got to know quite a few of them as well as their families throughout the time the Fox was gone. She learned a lot about him in that time. Well, as much as she could. Everyone hear spoke highly of him and all they had gone for them.

These people were only criminals in the eyes of the unjust and corrupt. She saw first hand they were all just trying to survive in hard times. It made her feel guilty at how she had taken so much for granted in the past. Never again. That was so sure. When she was free, she was going to find a way to send money back to these people. They needed it far more then she did.

A horrible thought crossed her mind then. What if her husband was one of those unjust and corrupt people that lashed out on the poor people? She had not seen his grace in well over a decade. People change. That nice young boy could be a wicked man now. What would she do then?

Her husband was at that time riding back into the woods on his way back from his manor house. He had put on the normal cloak and mask for the Fox and would not be seen till he was back. He had spent his time at the manor filing in Jonas his master of the court that over saw things for him when he was gone. He also wrote out two letters that came from the Black Fox to him, and to the Earl that would demand ransom. Giving another letter to Jonas to be sent a day or two after he left so that it would show up just after the ransom note.

He rode into the camp his cloak flapping out behind him as he came in at a full gallop. Brushing his hood back he slipped of his horse without it slowing much from the full gallop. He tossed the reins to one of the stable boys and heading for his chambers trying his best to avoid the one thing that had never left his mind, his bride to be'??s handmaid.

Much of the little village had been engaged in a friendly little game. They kicked a ball about, while holding a cloth in their hands behind their back to keep them from using their hands. They attempted to get the ball into a little hole in the middle of the playing field or in the opposing teams case prevent the ball from reaching the center. Most of the players of the game this time were the children, though a few of the teenagers and young adults, even one or two of the elders, were playing while the others watched and cheered. Anya was among them.

She was enjoying herself! So many times she had watched this game be played and wanted to join in but could not. She found now that she was a natural at it.

But as word of the Black Fox's return spread, the game paused as a number of the children all ran to greet him before he could reach his tent. Anya stayed back at the playing field, catching her breath along with her guard of the moment, whom she had pulled into the game as well.

The mob of children came running for the Fox and he sighed knowing that he couldnâ??t get out of it. he crossed his arms as the children came closer and speaking in his most intense voice, why still being playful. "??What is this then? The king'??s men come to capture the Fox? Don'??t they know that no one can out fox the Fox."? With that another game began one of the children running after him and him escaping by nothing more than a hair.

It didn'??t last long, it never did. He knew that the children would tire of the game before too long and so he always let them catch him in a few moments but only after making them work for it. Needless to say he and nearly all the kids ended up in the middle of the playing field all of them dog piling on top of him. there were cheers from the kids all quickly getting off of him and pulling him toward the game. "??COME PLAY WITH US!!!"? they were all shouting pulling him right toward Anya.

Back
Top Bottom