Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

campus of chaos [join, accepting everyone]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Altair chuckled loudly as he startled the poor angel girl. "Stalking? I do like to follow after my conquest and whisper nice little things into their ear. But its not my fault that I might have strolled by when you were bent over with the door open. If you'd like it closed..." He stepped in and closed the door behind him leaning up against it with a wide grin. His tail was back in action flicking left and right and clung to his leg impatiently. He wanted nothing more than to grab her and press her into one of the beds and toy with her. "I guess I left a good impression though if I have you on edge like this. Don't fight the temptation. Besides its not like I'm going to rape you. It's much sweeter when you want it just as much or more. And you my sweet are just divine excuse the pun."

Emma wouldn't admit her unease about Altair closing the door, instead she gave him a look that said, "I didn't mean you could shut it." Again her eyes were caught by his tail's excitement. If she could judge his emotions by his tail he seemed to be feeling very playful. The angel also assumed that made her his play toy. His words almost shocked her. Almost.
If it not for the thoughts already sitting in the back of her head, had he read it perhaps?
Never the less with her pink cheeks she acted appalled and surprised. "What makes you think I'd want any physical contact with a demon like yourself??" Saying this, she stepped up to his cocky attitude. Putting her hands on her hips and taking a few steps towards him. His compliment did flatter her though.

The angel was getting bolder and it was exciting Altair to no end. His spade tipped tail delicately worked its way to locking her room door. He opposed her words toying with her mind. "What makes you think you don't want any physical contact with am amazing Incubus like myself." As she closed the distance so did he not leaving much space between them. "Well if you wanted to kiss me all you had to do was ask." He puckered up leaning in half way.

"Finally!" Blaze muttered to herself as she slunk of out the burning fireplace. She had been waiting for days for someone to light a fire close to campus. Looking around, mountains of books and towering shelves become visible as her eyes adjust to new surroundings.

"Go figure! I ended up in the library!" She has traveled many places, but for some reason, many of her personal portals end up in libraries. Perhaps it's her fire spirit father insisting that she recieve a proper education. This is her first year at school, well, a school for "different" creatures such as herself, as her mother likes to say. Blaze has had a hard time controlling her abilities, and her over protective mother thought it was time to send her away to learn how to properly channel them.

Scooping up her belongings, she quickly searches for an exit door. A few students can be seen with their noses deep in books, some practicing encanations and other spells. A few others can be spotted showing off in a far off corner. Rolling her eyes, she finds an escape route, and walks off into the burning sun towards the dorms.

Urowen held his palm up, concentrating on his skin warming up. One of the skills he had only just recently discovered was this strange flame. It produced very little light for an average fire. It was blood red, and gave off a heat like no other. Soon the very fame flickered in his palm. He can't do much more than make it appear and control it from spreading. But for him, that was enough use for it. This was his only strong clue as to where his father came from. He knew only the strongest demons could summon this deep flame. He stared through the flame as he watched the people walking around the courtyard.

Stepping out into the scorching sunlight, Blaze fumbled for her sunglasses. The harsh light was not enough to bother her, but they hid her fiery blood red eyes from the world. She already felt like a freak of nature. The fact that she was niether whole human or fairy was enough to madden her. She so longed for soft, human touch without bursting another into flames. She also longed for the beautiful wings that her kind grew. To her, she was cursed, and loathed herself for what she truely is.

Quickly making herself across the courtyard, she feels the intense call of the fire, and stops dead in her tracks. A little irritated, she glances around looking for what, or who, was playing with this most sacred element. As she turns, the sudden glow of a blood red flame catches her eye. It takes a moment to realize that it seemed to be floating upon the hand of a student.

Hypnotized by this little light, she stands frozen in the courtyard. Her prior destination forgotten.

All of the students seemed to pass by Urowen without a second glance, the way he preferred it. However there was one that seemed to catch notice of his little act and was now looking at him. The woman seemed like a human, no obvious signs of being mythical. Unlike his own pure white hair and black horns that curved around his head. When he realized that this woman seemed engulfed by his flame, he closed his fingers into a fist, the flame disappearing in a small sizzle against his skin. "Can I help you?" He asked the woman, wondering if she had come to mock his half blood nature, or to gloat about his lack of skill. Whatever her purpose, Urowen was certain he wasn't going to like it.

As the flame diminished into his palm, the call of fire released its grip on her mind. Shaking her head, it becomes apparent that she's already drawn attention to herself. "Stupid fairy powers!" she mumbles under breath.

Taking a moment to regan composure, she realizes that this creature is now staring at her, and doesn't seem too pleased. Sucking in a quick breath, she blurts out "I'm sorry, I was just looking for the dorms. Could you, perhaps, point me in the right direction?" A soft smile spreads across her rosey lips. She had hoped he thought she was only a lost little human, and didn't suspect anything more.

Urowen sighed when she asked him for directions. He felt better that it seemed she wasn't planning on making fun of him, only lost. He stood up and started to walk closer to her, he didn't fully know the campus by memory yet, but he figured he could at least help. Maybe she would at least be able to distract him from his thoughts. He looked around the campus and pointed off in the direction of a building around the main building. "I think it is over there, I am new here as well. I haven't figured out this place too much. Well other than the library and out here." He said, putting on a smile. He learned that the nicer he was to people, the nicer they were to him. Or at least the ones that weren't blatantly hostile with him. The altercation in the library was different.

Relief washed across Blaze's face, glad she hadn't given herself away. As the demonic being rose to his feet, she couldn't help but stare at his features. She felt so small and fragile next to him. As he pointed to a darker looking building, she slapped herself in the forehead, realizing she had already walked past it before. The sunglasses sitting upon her small face slipped off her nose. Quickly, shutting her eyes as to not reveal them, her shades were adjusted back into their proper position.

Once she knew it was safe, her eyes were open and focused on her destination once again. "I guess I need to pay attention when I'm walking. I totally walked past the dorms twice and didn't know it!" She chuckled under her breath "Well, it's a relief to know I'm not the only newbie here. Well, I guess I should let you get back to, uh, whatever it was you were doing. It was good to meet you...umm, I don't think I caught your name." Backing up slowly, she gave him a soft smile.

Urowen didn't notice her eyes, but he did notice that she closed her eyes when hr glasses slipped. He was curious as to why she would do that. "I am sorry, my name is Urowen, and you are?" He asked calmly as she backed away a little. He must have scared her, or maybe she hadn't noticed exactly what he was until now. "Are you sensitive to the light or something?" He asked as he turned to look up to the sky, his hand raised to his forehead to block out the direct light of the sun. "I can help you with that, if you are." He didn't know why he was being so social, something about the way she was drawn to his flame. Maybe she knew more about it, maybe she could help him find out more about who his father was.

Blaze took a few more steps back as Urowen raised his hand. His kind offer to help her with an assumed issue caught her offguard, stopping her once again from retreating to her room. "Sensitive? Ah yes!!" She studdered "Yes my eyes are VERY sensitive to light! In fact, I'm getting a headache from being in the sun too long. Perhaps I should go inside." She was never the best liar, but had hoped this time her acting skills would pass. "Thanks for the offer to help...uh Urowen, but I doubt it can be fixed." She eyed the saftey of the dorms from the corner of her eye, anxious to hide in her room.

Urowen smirked when she doubted his ability to help her from the light. He may not have a large bag of tricks he could do, but he did have he performed very well. He lowered his gaze and looked at her, his arms spread out as wide as he could. He concentrated on the demonic power that was diluted in his blood as he closed his hands in a very loud clap, before opening his hands again. Suddenly a large orb of darkness had reached out from where his hands made contact. As it grew, the darkness engulfed the both of them. It was near impossible to see much through the darkness, only her silhouette could be distinguished against the glow of light outside the orb. "If there is one thing I can do, it is being able to get out of sight, or in your case out of light."

Blaze spun around as the darkness closed in around them. Nothing could be seen, except for a dark shadow standing in Urowen's place. She assumed, well, hoped it was him. Happy to be out of the sunlight, she removed her glasses to see better. Shifting her gaze left and right, admiring the demon's work, she couldn't help but wonder why he'd waste time helping her, or if that was his true intentions. Former run ins with demons hadn't proved to be very pleasant, and she hoped this orb was escapable if things turned wrong.

Eyes fixed on Urowen's shadow, she nodded, not sure if he'd see it. "Well, that is a handy trick. Thanks. My name is Blaze by the way."

"Pleasure to meet you Blaze." He said as he stretched in the darkness, his eyes more attuned to the darkness from years of practice. "This is a great way to just hide or confuse someone who comes after you." He was happy that she seemed to be more ready to stay than run to the campus dorm. He figured now would be a good time to see who she actually was, and why his flame had enticed her so much. "So not to sound so forward, but what are you? Everyone here has some special reason for being here. May it be what they are or what they can do. You however, seem to be just a regular human walking around. So what's your story?"

"Dammit!" Blaze thought. "I haven't even been here for an hour and someone is already being nosey!" Her irritation grew quickly, though she tried to control it. She couldn't afford to have her eyes glowing, or her skin bursting into flame here in this dark bubble with a demonic being. Her skin was already feeling hot due to the added frustrations she's gone through today. If she didn't watch herself, the cat would soon be out of the bag.

Hesitating for a moment, she tried to decide which would be smarter, to make up a quick lie, or the truth. In all honesty, she didn't think anyone would believe the truth anyways? Who ever heard of a fairy that couldn't fly? Or one that was the size of a human afterall. She was a rare breed, a freak of nature in her own eyes. She figured a quick lie wouldn't hurt. If only she could be convincing enough to pull it off. Then maybe she could make her escape.

"Well," she chimed "I'm not entirely sure why I'm here. My mother says it would be good for me. She says I need a deeper education than the norm." Giving a soft chuckle to herself "I can honestly say this school is out of the normal range!"

Urowen couldn't help but chuckle at her more than obvious attempt to skirt around the question. Obviously she was hiding something, he could understand. He decided that it would be useless to try and push for an answer. It wasn't like either of them were going very far, being at the same campus. "Well, what was your first clue about the school? Maybe the angels and demons running around, or the fact that you are talking to someone in a large bit of darkness?" He joked playfully. "I left my mother to come here, wanting to learn more about my father. He kind of just up and left when I was little." He shrugged as he sat down comfortably on the grass.

Urowen's sour attempt at sarcasm was enough to make Blaze scoul. Her eyes flickered with the intense fire of impatience burning inside. It wasn't her plan to be held up by some creature she never planned to befriend, and it irritated her. She only wanted to get to her room and cool down, literally. Without any idea if she would be able to escape this dark bubble, she let out a sigh and decided to join him on the soft grass.

After a moment of letting her irritation pass, she refocused on the brewing conversation, mainly his smart-assed comment. "You mean the angels and demons aren't considered part of normal society? hmm I had no idea. What REALLY gave it away was the sign across the courtyard." She pointed behind him, reffering to the campus's main entrance, where the name of the school could be found, along with it's purpose. She let out a soft laugh, before clearing her throat.

"So, you left your mother huh? Did you do that willingly or did she force you out the door like some dangerous freak who could explore any minute!?" Releazing she may have said to much, the subject changed quickly. "I'm sorry your father left you. I never knew my father either. Apparently he wasn't around much even while my mom was pregnant with me."

"Yeah I guess the sign was a big hint." He shook his head at that before she continued on about her own life. He found it odd that she seemed to sound almost violent when she asked about how he had left. He wondered if it had anything to do with why she had left. "I went on my own. I had enough of the towns people treating my mother so bad simply because I am different. So I figured I would do the best thing for her, and get out of her hair. Besides, I figured I could learn more about my father here." He said, uncertain if he should have told her a much a he had. He didn't normally like discussing his life with people, but this girl hadn't run, hadn't yelled some obscenity and spat on him. It was a strange new feeling, being comfortable. Well more comfortable than normal anyway.

"Oh" she said, feeling a little uncomfortable at her own hostility. It was in her nature, afterall, to be a little hot headed, but Urowen had done nothing to deserve such treatment. It helped to be sitting in the grass. She may be a fire fairy, but even she can't resist the calming effects of soft grass between her toes.

Kicking off her shoes and stretching out in the comfort of the green grass, she closed her eyes and sighed. "That must have been hard. Walking away on your own like that, leaving those behind who love you." She sort of felt sorry for the guy. Sort of.

Urowen shook his head at her comment. "I don't know if you got a good look at me, but I don't exactly fit in well with humans. So I really didn't have many people who cared about me, and I am not even sure if my mother did. I think I reminded her too much of ..." he let his sentence fade off at that. He always felt that when his mother looked at him, she saw his father. That he reminded her of the night that his father took what he wanted and left, leaving a pregnant woman to care for the abomination that was made of that. He decided that maybe it was time to change the conversation away from him.

"So, I noticed you enjoyed my little flame show. Have you ever seen a flame like that before?" Maybe she could tell him where his hellfire came from and he could narrow down who could control it and who could possibly be his father.

Blaze nodded in agreement, knowing exactly what it's like to be shunned by humans. Urowen's story really hit home, and struck a nerve. However, she wasn't angry at him, just at the fact that her own mother looked at her the same way. Memories of her recent past began to flood her mind. Lifting her hand, she slowly glided her fingers across the grassy blades, allowing them to tickle her palm. It felt good to be outside.

The sudden change of subject was enough to snap her out of daydreams, and she froze. She had in fact seen similar flames before. She had a generally good idea what it was, but talking about it would only lead to more questions on where she got the info he saught. Acting casual, she shrugged "Yea I'll admit it was neat to see someone magically create fire out of thin air, but I didn't notice anything unusual about it. Fire is fire right?"

Urowen sighed, "Yeah I guess so." He said in a defeated tone. He knew that his flame wasn't just any other flame, but if she didn't know anything about it, than he wasn't going to push anymore in his questions. Although his original plan had fallen through, he still didn't feel too bad. Blaze seemed nice enough, albeit a few hot edges, and he was enjoying the calm conversation, even if it as covered in the dark.

"Those really are the extent of my skills. This darkness thing that I found out by accident when I was younger. And the flame that i just recently discovered while trying to learn more about, well, more about me." He said as he brought his hands close to his face, discerning them in the darkness and focusing on them. He remembered the first time he had called the flame, the day he got more focused on finding his father.

Blaze shifted her gaze to Urowen, watching him. She could see pain on his face, or utter frustration. It was hard to tell which in the dark. He was deep in thought, which was obvious, but of what she didn't know. Surprisingly enough, she found herself rather comforted by his presence. He seemed unlike any other demon creature she had come across in her travels.

Without thinking, she mirrored him and slowly lifted her hands closer to her own face. It saddened her to know what these dangerous weapons could do. She must have imagined the flame too deeply, because suddenly the same blood red flame Urowen once held was now shining in her own palm.

As she watched the light dance in her hand, it took a moment to remember she wasn't alone. Quickly putting the fire out, she glanced up, hoping it went unnoticed.

It was hard not to see the flames flickering behind his hands, even if they didn't produce the light that would be expected. Very few lights could pierce through the magical darkness, but hell fire was one. "Just fire right?" He teased when he puled his hands down just as she extinguished it. Obviously there was more layers to this woman, and Urowen felt that no matter how hard he would try to find one thing out, there would be even more question to follow.

"Hell fire, the flame of death, blood flame. It has many names and even more properties, one of which is the ability to show even in the darkest of magics. It is hard for most to normally produce it without having some link to fire or hell. How is it that you could do it so easily then?" He needed answers and he knew he was risking her running away. But this chance was too sweet to miss on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom