Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not what it seems(blair/lady)

Jack smiled a little ashegotintothecar,heading for the mansion before he glanced at his friend."What are you thinking about?" "Just how badly my father's going to freak when he sees the news."Zane saidsighingsoftly before getting out of the car as jack parked,swaying a little on his feet, wrapping a arm around kate's shoulders, more to remind alexander that she was his, thenhe needed the helpto walk....at least thats what he told himself.Bracing himself he headed inside, wincing as he realized that not only was his mother waiting for him,his father was to. Bowing his head a little he kissed his mother's forehead, giving her a one armed hug as he leaned against kate to stay balanced."Don't look so worried mother,I'm fine."He reassured smiling at her gently, even if it wasn't his usual self assured own the world smile, more the smile of a sick little boy who just wanted to lay down.

Lily leaned into the kiss her son planted on her head, but her expression she had was not anywhere near happy. She frowned and tugged on his arm, making his sit on the couch. Once he was sitting down and didn't need Kate's help, she glanced over at Jack. "Take the girl upstairs," she said, her tone firm, but worried. She was talking quiet enough so that Alexander wouldn't hear. "Leave her with Jax. I think you should go to work." Lily was a smart woman. Aside from her husband and son, she knew everything there was to this business. She also knew her husband well, and she knew that it was not a good idea for Kate to be in the room when he was angry. Not when her son seemed to have a soft spot for her, whether he liked to admit it or not.

Kate hung her head, but moved toward Jack. She wasn't about to argue; not in the presence of Alexander.

Alexander sat in his usual high back leather armchair, leaning back and drinking a scotch. To anyone who didn't know him, he looked cool as a cucumber. However, that was far from the truth. In fact, he was only drinking because Lily insisted that he tried to calm down before their son came home. That nothing would come of him throwing one of his famous tantrums. And while Alexander was far from a kind man, especially to his wife, and even though he was not a faithful husband, he trusted his wife. After all, if he didn't have some sort of respect for her, he wouldn't have allowed her to give birth to and raise his heirs.

"So what do you have to say about yourself?" Alexander murmured quietly, raising his eyebrows at Zane. He shook his head. "I took that boy into my home. I let him experience the luxuries in life... When he became a cop, I saw the perks. But now it is clear that our little Jack has been playing double agent. And my own son was too stupid to realize it."

Zane sighed closing his eyes as he rested his head back against the couch, for all the world looking like he was going back to sleep even as he listened to jack leave, his frien knowing better then to try and stay not when Zane hadn't protested over his mother's orders.Sighing softly as he seemingly ignored his father as he concentrated on soothing the wicked headache. "I think my head's going to kill me before you can."he said after a moment, the ironic twist of his lips saying he was amused, even if he shouldn't be.

"Jack's not a double agent, he would sooner go to jail then see me screwed over."he said looking amused, because it was ironic that all of them thought he was to stupid to see things. Just because he never said anything, didn't mean that he was stupid to see the lie that had managed to seperate him and jack, the only lie they'd ever told each other.

"Jack's loyal, probably more loyal than he should be."he said wrinkling his nose a little even though he made no move to get up, his body ached, and he knew his friend. Had known for years the secret Jack had nearly gone to jail over, so the fact that jack had never told anyone the truth, made sure that Zane never questioned his loyalty. Not that he was about to tell Alexander why he trusted the man, his own life would be foriet if Alexander ever knew that secret, or at least his father would make him regret not saying anything earlier."Can I go to bed now?I was told I'm supposed to be resting and getting fussed over by my nurse."He said with a perverted smile as he slowly sat up, maing every move to walk ut on his father.

Alexander glared down at his son. "I want Jack no where near this mansion," he snapped, his voice making it clear that his decision was final. "If he is loyal, that he needs to prove it to me, and then maybe I will reconsider out relationship with him. Until then, tell him to get his shit out of my house." With that, he stood up, thrusting his empty glass toward Lily. His eyes looked none to happy with his son, or his adopted son. "And you should remember, Son, I have eyes everywhere." With that, he left the room, his footsteps heavy. Sighing, Lily looked at her son, pulling him in to a hug with tears in her eyes. She knew Jack well enough to know this was a cover up. In fact, she had raised Jack since the moment her eldest son insisted his parents take him in... "Sweetheart, don't fight him right now," she whispered, begging her son to be rational. "Take it easy. They have rescheduled the court date for next week, and your father expects a better performance." She kissed his cheek and stroked his hair back. "I love you and Jax more than anything else in the world... And I know I have failed as a mother. I should have stood up to your father more when you were children. I should have not let him influence you so greatly and let you be children..." Tears were her eyes, and she reached up to wipe them away. It was obvious the she not only blamed herself for her daughter's death, but the awful things that had happened to her sons. "Go rest, Zane," she murmured, standing up. "I'll make you some dinner and send it up later." With that, she patted his cheek like she used to when he was a little boy and left the room.

Zane watched his father leave,swallowing hard.Because it was going to hurt jack badly to be turned out of the only house that he'd ever known. Anger tightened his stomach, making him feel sick even if he knew he couldn't correct it without putting jack in even more danger. Swallowing hard he sighed softly, he looked at his mother, his eyes pained as he hugged her back."I'll fight him later over it.When I can stand up without falling down."He muttered running his fingers through his hair before nodding."Thank you moher."He muttered bristling a little at the silent accusation that it was his fault that he'd performed so badly.And it had been, but not solely his own fault.Sighing softly he smiled at his mother, issing hergently on the cheek."You were fine mother. The best any of us could have had."He muttered because he knew that he could make her feel less guilty about sorsen but not without demanding a high price from him and jack. "Make enough for kate to."He muttered smiling slightly as he was treated like a child before heading upstairs, walking into jax's room, and collapsing onto the bed next to kate, wrapping a arm around her waist cuddling her and trying to excorise the memoriesbefore raising his head to look at his studying brother, even if he was aware the 'studying' man was mostly watching to see how he was."Father's ordered us toget jack's stuff out of the house. Will you pack them up for me, and see that it gets to his apartment?I would,but I don't think I should be driving anywhere."

Jax turned in his desk chair and looked at his brother, then at the small blond he was cuddling. Damn. Where had his rough and gritty brother gone? He never thought he'd see Zane like that with a girl. He'd always assumed he find a women that was good enough to give birth to an heir or two, like their father had done with their mother... Sometimes he wondered if Alexander even loved their mother at all... Sighing, he nodded. "Mom already told me about it," he admitted, "Father lost his temper last night when he saw the news. She was there and knew he was planning on kicking Jack out." She frowned. "You know Mom. She loves Jack like her own. So she risked her ass to go into the bank account and withdraw enough money to get Jack a nicer, furnished apartment until he was able to come back. He'll be well taken care of as long as Father doesn't find out... Most of his stuff is already packed and being sent to his new address."

Kate sighed and looked down at Zane, so taken off guard by his weak demeanor and pale face. "I'll get you back to your room," she offered, and Jax nodded. "That would probably be best," he agreed, standing up and going over to his bar on the other side of the room. He screwed the top off a bottle of brandy and poured it over ice. "Come Monday, you have to be on your A game in court..." He took a sip of his drink, looking worried for his brother more than ever.

Zane sighed a little,feeling to weak and tired to be his usual self. As soon as he was feeling better he'd be back to being a bastard.Looking pained at the idea that their motherhad risked everything once again for jack henodded."I'll get the money back to her. Set it from my bank account. At least I know I'll survive whatever punishment father thinks of if he catches on."he said not decieved by hisfather enough to think that some feelings, his care for his sons would keep alexander from killing her if he discovered her disobeience. Sitting up slowly he nodded smirking slightly."I'm always on my A game,even when I'm posioned. I was winning until I collapsed."He said sulking because it bothered him that he hadn't managed to get the case tossed out before his feet went out from under him."I'll see you tomorrow, Jax."He said nodding a little towards his brother as he crossed the hallway, undressing before collapsing onto the bed with a sigh.

He felt battered and sore, more from the emotional beating that the news had brought up, then the muscle aches and migraine that the meth and coke had given him. "I hate news reporters...damned vultures. They're going to be on my ass from now until I shove a camera in another reporter's face."He said growling annoyed, because it was one of the most repeated story about zane lindstrom to be ever told. That when trailed from sorsen's funeral by a over eager reporter out to make their name,zane had beat the man bloody with his own microphone.

Kate sighed and moved over to his desk, finding some pain medicine and pouring him a glass of water. She took it to him, nodding for him to take it. Normally she wasn't the type to fuss over a guy, but she new this would probably be the best thing she could do at the moment. Not to mention, she was terribly worried, even if she wasn't about to admit it. Sitting on the bed beside him, she reached down and grabbed his hand. It was an innocent move, but it all she knew to do. Outside of the sex they had, she was a little lost when it came to romance. Holding his hand gently, she sat crossed-legged beside where he was laying. "They just want the best story," she murmured, "And you gave them one." She sighed a little and looked down at their linked hands. Never had she thought she'd be feeling such conflicting thoughts about this man, or any man like him. "Your mother seems different from your father," she murmured, thinking about how worried the older woman looked. In fact, she looked incredibly on edge.

Zane looked startle when she held his hand, smiling slightly as he sat up enough to take the medicine before laying back down, shifting enough to lay his head in her lap, closing his eyes as he shifted nuzzling his cheek against her core, smirking a little as he felt the heat of her body against his face, before laying down again,"Well, I'm going to give them another one when I figure out who in the department leaked that story."He growled annoyed, because he could have easily dealt with his own posioning but having the press rehashing sorsen's death in connection to his almost death was to much.

Looking thoughtful he smirked a little, yawning slightly."She's worlds different from my father. She actually like, gives a fuck about her children instead of using them as pawns."He said shrugging a little, having long understood that there was no love between his father and him, just the knowledge of how to use each other.

Kate kicked off her boots, then moved in under the covered beside him. For the first time (besides the hospital) she moved in to his arms without him having to initiate it. She wanted him to hold her, and she wanted to be close enough to him to know he was okay... It scared her to have the feeling. She knew she was starting to care about him on a deeper level, and that was no good for either of them. In fact, it was damn near deadly.

"She seems like a sweet woman," she commented, resting her head on the pillow beside his. Her hand rested on his chest, feeling the thumping of his heart. Swallowing hard, she realized from his words that he did not have an easy life. Not at all. He may be cold and cruel when not sick, but it was because he was raised by a ruthless man who didn't really love him past the fact that Zane would be useful to him. Something about that realization made her stomach knot up... Who was Alexander to treat his sons the way he did? Not just his sons, but his wife. "He's going to make you get rid of me," she whispered, "I can feel it. The way your mom sent me upstairs... She knew something."

Zane loked even more startled as she got under the covers with him smiling slightly, looking pleased with that as he cuddled against her, showing just how sick he was still feeling that he was being soft and ute. "She is. Sometimes.Other times...her anger puts my father to shame."He smiled looking at her, his nose brushing against her cheek as he turned on his side,his legs tangle with hers as he wrapped that long lanky body around her.

"She knew what we all know. That I was drugged on purpose, not accident."He said with a breathy sigh, nuzzling her neck as he closed his eyes. "The most likely people to see me off my game, are the same people that sent jack's report of sorsen's death to the press. The cops he works with.Your father. Of course my father's going to want to get you out of here."He said sighing slightly, "But I wont let him....we might pay a high price for staying but I wont let him kill you."He said sounding like a small child who's favorite toy was being taken away, because alexander had always taken the things zane and jax had cared for away, and the 27 year old was tired of it.Had been getting tired of it for years, but for the first time, he had something he was unwilling to walk away from.

Kate sniffed, trying to hold back the tears of fear that threatened to pour from her eyes. She was scared for herself, but she was scared for him too. If someone was bold enough to try to poison him, what else would they try to do? Scooting closer to him, she let her legs tangle with his and her face press into his chest. She took in a deep breath, letting his scent fill her nose. Never had she had someone comfort her on this level. Not since she was a small child.. "You promise?" she whispered, biting her lip. She was praying; praying that he was not saying this to make her feel better. She hoped that this wasn't something he said to all of his "girls", and that his promises were not empty. "High price?" she asked, tilting her head back to look at him. "Like what?"

"I promise."He muttered pressing a kiss to her hair shifting to hold her,swallowing hard was the world tilted as he settled down into the bed again."You don't want to know. Lets justsay my father will make sure I'll pay for defying him."He muttered, sighing softly, because he didn't want to think about what his father would do. "Go to sleep. I'll feel better in the morning, and then we'll see what we have to do."He said closing his eyes because he was determined to not think about what alexander would do to him, when he refused to let kate go.And he was sooo not onsidering what the news was going to do now that he was in the headlines again. Just when his life was going right."Go to sleep kate."He said a hand tangling in his hair as he went to sleep,to emotionally and physically exhausted to stay up.

Kate nodded and leaned into him, letting her eyes close for a moment. However, her mind was running 90 to nothing. The only thing that kept her from continuing to ask question after question was that fact that she didn't want to keep him awake. She knew how desperate he was for sleep, but still... Sighing, she finally went to sleep.

Jax shut his book and grabbed his keys off the desk. He tried to pretend like everything wasn't bothering him, but it was. Every since he started to pack up Jack's things earlier, he'd been in the dumps... Jogging down the stairs, he took one of the cars out into town, heading for the apartment his mother had paid for Jack to stay in. He needed to make sure he was okay...I mean, he cared about Jack a lot, and it hurt to think he'd been shunned from their family when he didn't have one of his own.

When he got to the apartment, he knocked carefully on the door, running his hand through his hair anxiously. An unopened bottle of scotch was in his left hand, because one if not both of them were going to need it. After all, it was dangerous for Jax to even be coming out here.

Jack opened the door,looking as drunk as he'd ever been.He would have been high, but Zane's close brush had shaken the usually unshakeable cop. Holding the scotch bottle in one hand and a semi automatic in the other he cursed under his breath and thumbed the safety back on."You're lucky I didn't just shoot you through the door."He grumbled having assumed it would have been alexander coming over,either to throw him out of the apartment, or to tell him zane....

"Is zane okay?"He said looking worried about his friend as he downed some more of the scotch, it was quite obvious that the nearly empty bottle had been drank within the last hour or so, instead of jack's usual drinking habit of spreading it out over hours.He usually hated drinking,but being turned out of the house he'd lived in since 5th grade ,even when he did go away for college, had hit him hard.

Collapsing back onto the couchhe sighed,tossing the gun onto the side table, a drunk jack was usually a depressive one. It was probably a good thing jax had shown up, otherwise jack might have been considering suicide, but only zane knew just how close he'd come to doing it before. And that time to,had been alexander's fault. It was amazing just how much emotional damage the elder mobster had done to the men that called him father.

Jax walked in, moving over to sit on the couch next to Jack. He leaned back and popped open his own bottle before taking a large gulp of the scotch. It went down smooth, and within moments, he was starting to feel a pretty decent buzz. Of course, he wasn't quite as wasted as his friend. "I had to come see how you were," he admitted, looking down at the bottle. He swirled the liquid around in it, having a hard time making eye contact with Jack. It was hard for him to see him like that. "Everything is going to get straightened out, you know... We'll figure out who really did it..."

Jack sighed a little as he leaned back against the couch, swirling the liquid around the bottle before downing the rest of it,"Zane already knows. Or at least has a good idea.Not that he'll tell your father."He slurred a little, knowing as well as his friend that if kate's father was desperate enough,he might have given up on getting his daughter back alive, and tried to kill zane. "but it seems approiate to be blamed for this,when I'm already to blame for sorsen."he said sitting up, listing a little as he reached for the other's bottle,leaning against him as he tried to get his fuzzy head to concentrate enough to get the bottle away from jax. Beacuse it was a open family secret, that it was jack's involvement in the bust at zane's dorm that got the youngest lindstrom killed, even if no one but jack and zane knew exactly what had happened, the they were both noteriously closed lipped and violent when asked about it.

Jax swallowed hard at the man's words, his face stoic. When Jack reached for the bottle, he snatched it away and put it on the table, then grabbed Jack by the shoulders. "Jack... No, you've had enough. You're going to kill yourself if you keep drinking like this," he reprimanded, his voice pained. "We will get all of this straightened out, alright? Zane and I would never leave you out here alone like this. You know that." He frowned and reached out to pull the other man into a comforting hug, not evening thinking about it before he did it. All he knew was that he needed to make Jack feel better before he did something that couldn't be fixed... Pulling him in, he rubbed his back. "Come on now. You know that my mother would be beside herself if she knew you were such a wreck."

Jack frowned looking at the man holding him, looking so put out at being denied."One night of drinking like this wont kill me."He said looking relieved as he remembered that he wasn't alone.Despite the fights him and zane had gotten in, there'd only been one real time he'd been alone, and at the moment he was afraid of being alone again."He's busy with kate.He wont care."He muttered shifting, resting his head against the other's,tremblnig ever so softly, because he was such a wreck. Between never dating because no one wanted someone straddling the line between mobster and cop, he felt so very alone."Your mother cares and worries more then she should."He muttered nuzzling the other, so drunk that he forgot that jax didn't know he was bi.

Jax was a little caught off guard with how... comfortable Jack was with him. He certainly wasn't complaining. After all, he'd taken notice in how attractive Jack was for years now, and he'd fantasized a few times about sharing a bed with him. Of course, Jax was also very good about hiding his lifestyle from others, especially his brother. He loved women, but he definitely had a deep attraction for men. Especially men who were built as well as Jack was... "Well, I care," Jax murmured, his arm tightening around his friend as he leaned back into the couch. Leaning down, he let his nose brush along the others cheek, taking in his masculine scent. It was too die for, and considering the amount of alcohol he consumed (not as much as Jack, but plenty) he simply couldn't make himself pull away from the other man.

Jack sighealittle shifting to get comfortable, like zane,the man was lean and compact, not overly tall, but built. Just a tad shorter then jax he sighed, shivering a little as the other nosed his cheek."That tickles."He muttered chuckling a little as jax's nose brushed over the 5 o'clock shadow whiskers. Shifting he tangled his legs around jax's, more comfortable and open drunk, then he was ever sober.Looking up at the man holding him,he blinked large bright blue blood shot eyes as he smiled watery, looking so close to tears it hurt.He was so lonely, even if he knew zane would always be there, it wasn't the same when he thought he'd lose his oldest friend if he knew he was attracted to his younger brother.Studying the other man for a long moment, the drunk leaned in and kissed him hard, drunk enough to not care he was probably ruining a good friendship.He just wanted the other, tonight.He'd deal with the rest later.

Jax was startled by the kiss, jerking back for a moment out of pure surprise. He swallowed hard, looking at the man whom he wanted just as badly... He knew this wasn't good. Not at all. However, he couldn't stop himself. He needed Jack tonight... Leaning down, he roughly kissed Jack back, capturing his lips with his own and moving his hands up the other's body. He moaned into the kiss, tasting the scotch and the masculinity of his friend. "Fuck," he groaned, "I want you. Now." His hands moved away from Jack and began to fumble with his own tie and suit, trying to get his jacket and shirt off as quick as possible. Suddenly, it was very hot in the room...

Jacklaughed,aeeplow masculine chuckle,sounding so amused at the other's clutzness, even as he moved back, undoing his own shirt and jeans with the practiced ease that said he was regularly drunk and getting undressed. Dropping his clothes to the floor he stood in his living room,listing slightly as he looked at jax struggling with his tie, smirking drunkenly."Hmm I think I like you in a tie."He smirked darkly as he reached down, using the tie to pull the other to his feet, heading for the bedroom even as he pulled the rest of jax's clothes off, shoving him towards the bed, pouncing on him as he kissed him hard. To drunk to be his usual seductive pleasant self. Hands roughly running over the other's body, groaning at the heated smooth skin.Jax just felt so nice pressed up against him.

Jax smirked wickedly from the bed, spreading his legs so that Jack could settled between them. He immediately groaned at the feeling of his impressively large cock rubbing against Jack's abs, and he reached up to grab the other by the hair, pulling his head up so that he could lick and suck at his neck. He wanted this man, and he wanted him rough and hard. Something about the way Jack acted equally as dominant told Jax that this was not going to be a simply, top or bottom thing. He wanted both from this man; to dominate and be dominated. "When did you starting having a thing for cock?" Jax asked drunkenly.

Jack growled as his hair was pulled,groaning as jax attacked his neck, shifting, rubbing against the other's thigh as each suck went directly to the equally impressive cock pressing against jax's ass."Always have."He answered equally as drunk, aware enough to reach for the side table,drunkenly searching for thelube,pouring some into his hand,coating his cock as he grabbed the other's legs,pulling himcloser.Just because he was going to be rough and not prepare him,didn't mean he was so far gone that he really wanted to hurt him. Growling softly as he held the other's hips tight in his hands, forcing him to hold still as he thrust into him hard, kissing him harder.Biting down on jax's lip he smirked."And just how long have you wanted me?"He muttered growling as he lowered his head,nuzzling his face against jax's neck as he thrust in and out of him.

Back
Top Bottom