Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The thin line between life and death

Connor held up a hand to pacify her. "that is not why i asked." he admitted simply. "i asked because i don't want you to have to be in a marriage not of love." he admitted, blinking at her. "you know how i feel about arranged marriages... and marriages formed out of safety, while necessary sometimes, are not needed in this instance." he assured her. "you have never done anything wrong.. your the strongest, bravest woman i know." he admitted smiling at her. "i just want you to be happy." he admitted softly, watching her eat, the drug would kick in slowly, she would start to feel dizzy, and confused, then she would do anything Connor told her to do. "your my family Bell. i just want whats right for you... that's all."

Bell smiled looking at him, blinkign slowly as the drug started to affect her,pressing a hand to her forehead, shuddering I little, standing up."i...I need to lay down...I don't feel good."She muttered resting a hand on her stomach, trying to feel the child, wondering if she was feeling wrse because the child was a demon lord's.

he smiled back and adopted a concerned look as he rushed over to her. "hold still, i'll carry you up, you don't look well." he admitted, stroking her hair gently before picking her up bridal style, wondering if there was enough Drug in her system to control her yet. "just sleep Love." he ordered softly, kissing her forehead. "i'll take you to your freinds." he promised, actually heading upstairs to Imriel and Xerxes, both who where also drugged from their meals, and sleeping like babies. they would be moved once Bell saw them. but where to put them? did the demon still have powers? the dungeon, or the tower? he would try the tower first, after all, he was a good host. and so, he settled her into the bed and left her to sleep, but when she woke up, she was alone.

When she woke, bell looked around sleepily, trying to figure out what was wrong. Resting a hand on her stomach she tried to tell if her child was okay before standing, looking around as she headed downstairs to find anyone."Connor?"She said knocking on his door, sounding so lost and confused at having no one there when she woke

Connor had checked very carefully to make sure that the baby wouldn't be affected by the drugs he had used. he grinned as he heard her calling out to him and he abandoned his papers and headed upstairs with a new tray of food. "good morning darling." Connor chirped with a smile. "you shouldn't be up. you got very sick last night." he stated calmly, stroking her hair gently, kissing her forehead. "come along now, lets get you back in bed before you collapse, alright?"

"Okay."bell muttered frowning slightly as she let him help her into bed, sitting down as she took the tray of food."wheres imri?"he said he'd be here when I woke."she said looking concerned about her husband and where xerxes was but even drugged she knew better than to ask about the demon connor feared

Connor smiled a little as she settled into bed. "he had to go take care of something. he wanted me to tell you he was sorry, but that he'd be back soon... he went to take care of some of Drake's men, who thought they where being sneaky when they crossed the border." he admitted. "i think they figured if i couldn't see them, i wouldn't know they where here." he admitted. "the... creature, was worried about him getting killed, and went with him." Connor admitted, sounding a little relieved about that. of course, she'd never know he was lying. but it bought him a few days to come up with a proper story, and a reason why she needed to marry him.

Bell frowned looking worried because it hurt that imriel hadn't said goodbye before nodding."Well, that does sound like something they would do, even though xerxes is new to the whole living thing."She said smiling as she laid back in the bed eating."Can we have a doctor visit to?I want to make sure the pregnancy is going well."

Connor smiled a little and nodded. "Imriel was going to wait and tell you goodbye, but the others wouldn't wait for him." he admitted simply. "and i have the Physician coming to look at you today." the man was a personal freind, and wouldn't say a thing about the Belladonna in the woman's system. "now, eat, and rest." Connor ordered, watching her finish her meal, with more Belladonna in it, and smiled as he kissed her forehead. and when the doctor came, the man examined every inch of her belly with strange tools and nodded. "the babe is fine, growing well, strong and healthy. about a month along?" no.. barley a week... the baby was growing faster than a human babe.

Bell looked startled as she rested a hand over her stomach,alredy feeling the gentle curve there before nodding, "About a month."She sid smiling glad her son was okay, even if she was trying not to wonder just what xerxes' had given her as a child. Demon or then human?

the man smiled and nodded, and Connor smiled a little as he watched her, watching the physician leave his head tilted as he blinked at her. "that's not Imriel's baby... is it?" he asked softly. "it's that... Demon's..." he asked, blinking at her, feeling excitement flooding him. a demon baby he could use... a demon baby he could control! "Bell? could i ask you something?... about your Necromancy?" he asked suddenly, sounding curious. "i know you can see and talk to the dead and stuff... but can you raise the undead?" he asked curiously. "i think i might... be able to." he admitted, sounding frightened. "i... there was a dead cat in my room the other day... walking around... i didn't know what to do... so i burned it." he could raise the dead, but he had to be touching them to do it. he wanted to get a gauge on her powers, so he could use her properly.

Bell looked up at him,for a moment frowning, as if she sensed that she shouldn't answer, but she wanted to."No it isn't."She muttered before looking at him startled before nodding a little."I can.I can also force ghosts back to their bodies."She muttered settling back onto her pillows with a sigh.

he smiled, pleased that the drug was working so well. "i don't think that you can count bringing a demon to life as forcing a ghost into a body..." he admitted, looking amused. "they never had a body... i think you just tore him through the lining between life and death." he admitted. but that was very useful too... if he could get her to reproduce that effect. "how far do you have to be to raise the dead?" he asked, his head tilted. "i think i have to touch them... i was touching the dead cat, so i could go and bury it..." he admitted. "what about you?"

"I don't know...its grey magic to bring the dead back."She sid looking up at him, shifting to rest her head on his shoulder,"I want them to come home.Could you get someone to bring them home?"She asked nuzzling his shoulder.

he smiled a little as he nodded. "well, we'll have to find out. if Drake decides to attack, we might need some undead warriors." he admitted. "i don't know if my Armies can handle his on their own." he admitted smiling at her. "i'll send someone to go and get them, but it might take them a few days to get back." he admitted. "they where riding like Hellions. Imriel seamed very driven. i think he's trying to single handedly make sure that Drake never gets his hands on you. he and that.... creature, love you very much." he admitted, examining Bell. "i love you very much too..." he admitted, leaning forward ad catching her lips in his, kissing her gently, well aware that as drugged as she was, it would never occur to her to push him away. "your mine now... you know?" he asked, smiling at her. "mine to protect, and mine to love... forever."

Bell frowned slightly before nodding."Maybe..."She said though she still looked worried bout using such magic. Bell sighed softly as she kissed him back, looking up t him, eyes cloudly and confused."yes...yours..."She mutered.

he smirked a little, pleased that his plan was working and he slid something in front of her. "before you rest my dearest, i need you to sign this. right here. don't worry about reading it, it's just a peace treaty between you and my kingdom." it was a cancellation of her marriage, but she didn't need to know that. "mine." he murmured happily, kidding her forehead, smiling as he settled a hand on her belly. "we will raise our child well." he promised her. in her confused state, he doubted she remembered who the father really was anyway. as long as he laid claim to the babe now, later on, it would be easier to take it away from her.

"Oh.Well, since I am the rightful lady of Margolan, I can do this."She said smiling softly as she signed it before looking up at him, her hnds resting over his.Yes, we will. Our pretty pretty son."She muttered stroking her stomach with a smile.

he chuckled a little and nodded. "it's a boy?" he asked, overjoyed as he smiled at her. so very pleased that she was believing everything that came out of his mouth. "we're going to be married soon." he admitted, smiling at her. "what kind of wedding would you like?" he asked softly. "a big one? a small one? in a church? on the grounds here?" he asked, willing to let her have all the fun of planning a wedding. "it will be a wonderful thing... to have you as my wife." he purred, kissing her again. "now sleep. we don't want you stressing about anything. and you still look a little pale." he murmured, stroking her hair, hoping that she would simply forget all about Imriel and Xerxes, who he would soon be able to control as well. he wasn't sure of Xerxes could be affected by the drugs, but since neither of them where eating the food they where given, well. they'd get hungry enough eventually.

Bell smiled a little, nodding."It is."She muttered before laying back as he told her to sleep smiling gently."A small one....I don't need anything big.But...I would like Imri to be best man...he's my best friend..."She muttered frowning a little, as if...she was fighting the drug, trying to remember.

he smiled a little at her. "yes, a small one it is. and of course Imriel can be your best man! he's my best soldier you know." he admitted, smiling a little. "i was thinking of having my sister walk you down the isle, wouldn't that be fun? you know i think she and Imriel might be interested in each other." he lied, winking at her. "he blushes every time he sees her, it's really very cute." he admitted with a small laugh. "we'll have to get you a wedding dress." he admitted, smiling at her. "would you like to have an original made, or go and buy one from the Dress Shoppe?"

"That would be nice. He needs someone to be with him."She said, though a small frown darkened her face, as if sensing something wrong with that.Before smiling wider."oh just buy one.It would be simplier that wy."

he chuckled a little as he smiled at her. "he does need someone." he agreed. "and you make it so hard to spoil you! very well, i'll have someone go down to the Shoppe and get some dresses for you to look at." he promised with a small chuckle as he kissed her slowly, passionately. "mmm i'm feeling positively horny, thinking about you in your pretty white wedding dress." he mumbled, smiling at her. "but you should rest." he murmured, stroking her hair. "i'll go and see if Imriel will be your best man, you need your rest." he stated before kissing her deeply again and leaving, all too eager to claim his bride, but first, he had to deal with Imriel and the Demon King. he was tired of waiting for them to eat. they would be drugged, even if he had to tie them down and administer it right into their bloodstream.

Bell smiled as she settled into the bed,snuggling down into the blankets as she rested, her powers searching for imriel or xerxes, as if the mind buried under the drugs knew something was wrong, was searching for what she needed to free herself.

Imriel had no powers to respond to her, and by the time she found him, he was as drugged out as she was, more so. Connor didn't want Imriel ruining things, so he was nearly catatonic with the amount of Belladonna in his system. Xerxes was sluggish, dopey as his powers caught hers, wrapping around it like a friendly hug, feeling confused, and a little scared, as if he wasn't sure what was going on. the Belladonna affected him too it seamed, but not nearly as well as it worked on Bell or Imriel. Xerxes was still aware that something wasn't right, actively aware, and he was trying to figure it out. his power slid along her, an wrapped around her belly, firm lips pressing against her belly, as if he was there, before he vanished into sleep.

Back
Top Bottom