Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The thin line between life and death

"Leave him alone Connor."Bell muttered wincing as connor looked at imriel, worried about the two, smiling tiredly even as tears misted her eyes."I will see you tonight."She muttered snuggling down to go to sleep.

Bell smiled sleepily as she stirred, looking towards the window as she woke, running her fingers through her hair as she realized how late it was.Looking aroun for imriel or xerxes, she looked concerned when she didn't see either of them, clibing out of bed she dressed in the wedding gown,since it was the only court apporiate clothing she had, tugging it straight as she headed downstairs to find out where everyone was.

Connor scowled at Imriel but nodded when Bell ordered him to be nice. "anything for you Isabelle." he assured her, smiling at her a little. "just sleep." he ordered gently. when she woke, Imriel was eating breakfast and talking to a Guard who worked for Connor, trusting Connor not to do anything too stupid. when she stepped out of the room, Connor was speaking quietly to an old woman, who was smiling as she spoke quietly. "he is a Strong one... his name is Xerxes... he says he's the King of Demons... draining him of his Power is... difficult." the Woman breathed. "he fights the process at every step, no matter how painful, or pleasurable i make it." the old woman admitted, Connor pondering that before nodding. "do what you can, i don't want Ghosts here... they make my head ache." he ordered before turning to smile at Bell. "ah! Isabelle! your awake! i was starting to get worried... oh my that wont do." he complained, examining her dress. "come, my sisters things should fit you." he admitted. "she's off traveling again, like the Wild heathen she is." he said that with such affection, it was clear he still loved his 'baby sister' very much, though technically she was his adopted daughter. he'd found her when she was ten and he was fifteen, he'd raised her himself, but she never forgot the woods, and vanished often. Ariella was nearly the same age and size that Isabelle was, so her clothing would most certainly fit.

Belle smiled slightly, "Thank you Connor. I am sure Ariella wont mind."She said smiling slightly as she got the clothes out, glad when she changed before looking up at him, worry showing in her eyes."Have...have you seen imriel?"She said catching herself before she asked about xerxes, because she didn't know connor could see him, and fear that she had angered him for marrying imriel despite the ghost's happiness for them, fear he had abandoned her. Swallowing hard as she smiled weakly at connor."Can I have food?The little one seems to take eveything out of me these days."She said smiling a little as she rested a hand on her stomach.

he smiled at her. "Ariella loves you, of course she won't mind... i'm sure that Hawk of hers will let her know your here." he admitted with a small laugh. "and i have actually. he's downstairs talking to my Head Bodygaurd about a position." he admitted. "i suggested he might get bored lounging about all day, and he seamed eager to talk to someone with such knowledge. Iferel has seen War after all. Imreil has been asking for War Stories all morning... i beleive he is trying very hard not to worry about you." he admitted, looking a little amused. "he loves you very much." he admitted simply. "come, we will join him for lunch." he promised her, leading her down to the kitchens where Imriel was poking at his food, Connor's Head guard having abandoned Imriel in favor of his duties. "Bell! how are you feeling? here, sit down, eat something! they have the most interesting foods here... raw fish! can you beleive it?" "Sushi. it was one of my mothers favorites." he admitted with a smile. "it is a Delicacy." he admitted. "would you like to try some? only the best, freshest fish are used for Sushi." he admitted as he collected a plate from the cooks and showed it to them, the delicate little roles wrapped in seaweed, filled with rice. actual pieces of sliced thin fish, and other such delicacies that Imriel found very disturbing. "er... i think i will pass thank you.. i. um, don't like fish..."

"im feeling fine imri."bell said smiling a little as she sat down at the table, leaning over to kiss her husbands cheek,leaning into him with a sigh, closing her eyes even as she wrinkled her nose. Shaking her head she looked a little sick at the thought she swallowed hard."no, im good. I think i would be sick if i tried."she said resting a hand on her stomach before looking up at her cousin," something light would be nice though."

Imriel smiled as he took her hand gently, Connor chuckling a little as he shook his head a little. "well, i shall enjoy it all to myself then." he admitted simply before handing her a plate of sliced fruit, winking at her. "this should suit your delicate belly better." he promised, Imriel chuckling as he nibbled on his own lunch, which had gone cold, not that he cared. he stuffed a piece of pork into his mouth and grinned as he studied her. "did you sleep well?" 'bell... Bell... Help me...' that voice, was Imriel, strained, filled with agony, but he wasn't there, not physically. he was reaching out to her in the only way he could, though their minds.

"i did.ama-"bell stopped tilting her head as she heard the call,turning in wards as she tried to find the man talking to her, turning inwards as she used their child,their link toeach othwer to look for the demon king."xerxes!come to me.by will of the lady and by my command, i summon you""bell snarled the order with her thoughts, the magic thundering between them all. While connor and drake both had a touch of magic, bell burned like a bonefire against their sparks of magic

Connor groaned as he set a hand to his head, grimacing as he felt the thunderous power rolling through the room, Imriel shrieking as a body suddenly appeared on the floor. one he could see. Connor gasped, astonished as he saw the pale, handsome form of the Demon Lord laying on the kitchen floor, Xerxes groaning, clearly in agony as his eyes fluttered open, reaching for Bell. "B..Bell... h..help me..." he groaned, Imriel gasping. "oh my god... that... that's the Ghost isn't it!? the one who keeps setting me on fire!" "you... deserve it." "i do not!" Imriel complained hotly as Xerxes head jerked up to stare at Connor. "you... you can see me?" Xerxes asked, trembling as he realized the agony was slowly fading away, Connor gaping. "Bell.. are.. did YOU bring this Demon here?!" Connor asked, stunned. "don't you know that there are spells against such creatures here? we where trying to kill him!" Connor complained, studying the Demon, who was laying on the floor, too tired to get up, and hurting too much to try. "i am NOT letting a Demon stay in my castle!" Connor complained hotly, examining those long, wickedly sharp claws, and hating the fact that Xeresx was just as pretty as he was.

Bell ignored both husband and cousin as she went to xerxes' side,sitting doen on the the floor, gently stroking his hair,glad that being a nercomancer also offered some healing power to,though she had no idea how she had made this happen."you were killing him?! Why?he followed me, to help, he is the reason i escaped drake in time."she growled looking up at connor, confusion and fear for xerxes showing in her face."we need to get him in bed."

Xerxes blinked at her, trembling as he relaxed into the hand strokes. "he is a Demon! a Creature of Hell!" Connor complained. "i didn't know he had helped you! i just kill the foul beasts!" he complained, Xerxes groaning as he shook his head as Connor scowled, but didn't stop Imriel from helping Xerxes to stand... Connor didn't help, but he didn't stop them as Imriel gently settled Xerxes into Bed who shuddered but relaxed into the soft thing that was the bed. "...you.. made me Alive." he muttered, staring at Bell in shock as he stroked the bedding. "it's... so soft... i can feel things..."

"You shouldn't kill everyone just because you can. You'll end up like drake, destroying everything just so you can have it."She snapped sitting on the bed, gently stroking xerxes' hair, her face pale as she swallowed, "...I didn't mean to."she said looking shocked.

Connor looked so shocked as he stared at her as she snapped at him, Imriel grimacing as she gently took her hand. "it... it's alright, Bell." Connor promised, setting a hand on her shoulder. "i'm sorry... i didn't mean to upset you... it's just... Demon's killed my father..." Xerxes snorted. "Demon's can't kill people Kid... unless we're possessing people, we can't even interact with the living world." he admitted, sounding weak and tired. "and your father wasn't weak willed enough to be possessed." he admitted, Imriel scowling. "i was possessed!" "you where panicked, terrified, and in shock. you couldn't fight me." Imriel muttered. "besides, i don't see why your bitching, i saved your life." Imriel sputtered hatefully. "you... you possessed me!" "i'll set you on fire again." Xerxes growled, an amused smile flitting on his lips. clearly he enjoyed these little 'fights' with Imriel who huffed darkly. "you're going to destroy ALL of my clothes, aren't you!?" "of course, then you have towalk around Naked, and then Bell will never stop blushing." Imriel was startled into laughter by that.

Bell looked between the three men, before blushing at xerxes' words, smacking her hand against his shoulder as she stood, huffing annoyed."I'm going to go get food."She said annoyed before looking at imriel,blushing slightly."Go talk to xerxes, I'm going to go get something real to eat."

Xerxes smiled at her and smiled. "oh! bring me food too! i want to try eating!" he ordered. "bring me that raw fish stuff! Sushi! i want to try that!" he ordered, Imriel grimacing before turning to Bell, looking worried. "you sure? alright, i'll entertain the jackass then." he decided with a sigh as he went back to Xerxes, who was actually sleeping, worn out from his 'birth'. after all, he'd never been alive before. "are you sure he's safe Bell? you can control him, right?" Connor asked, clearly nervous about having a Demon in his house, but as long as he had her promise that he wouldn't be causing problems, he supposed he'd just have to deal with it. he didn't want to upset Bell after all.

Bell nodded a little as se looked up at Connor before loking back towards xerxes, concern showing on her face, "I am. He'll be weak for awhile, and when he does recover, he will be good for protection.He's a demon lord, he'll know when drake's getting closer."She said because she had no doubts that drake would come for her. Her twin would know that she'd go to the only relative she had left alive, connor

Connor only relaxed a little, but he did nod. "so long as he doesn't try to kill anyone i guess..." he complained before offering her a smile. "would you like to have dinner with me tonight? it's been so long since i've seen you, i'd like to talk with you... you know... just, together. like when we where kids." politely excluding Xerxes and Imriel from the dinner, so finely that neither the demon, nor the bodyguard realized it had happened. "i'll have all of your favorites, and we can talk about the time you got me stuck in that barrel." he teased, winking at her.

Bell laughed softly before nodding."I would like tat."She said blushing a little looked amused at the sight of connor's words, gently touching his arms."I'll be down in awhile. I would like to rest and talk with xerxes, I need to make sure I didn't cause him any harm with bringing him to life."She said sounding slightly anxious because it scared her, and the anxiety was making her even more tired and upset.

Connor smiled at her and nodded. "if you need anything for him, tell me and i will be certain to get it for you." he promised, handing her the plate of Sushi that Xerxes had wanted, as well as a few pieces of other things that a demon might enjoy. chocolate and meat and various sliced fruits. Xerxes was certainly going to enjoy his very first meal. by the time she got up there, Xerxes was still asleep, though he woke at the smell of the food, looking baffled. "what is that? my nose is doing something strange... it... it tickles..." "that's called smelling." Imriel teased, looking very amused. "your tongue is going to feel pretty good too here as soon as you try some of this food." "i've always wanted to try tasting." Xerxes admitted, grinning sluggishly, clearly still tired, but his curiosity over living things that he couldn't sleep. he wanted to try eating.

"Thank you connor."Bell said smiling a little as she set the plte on er knees, smiling as she looked down at xerxes.Shifting she handed the plate to imriel for a moment, kissing her husband's cheek as she pulled xerxes' up, letting im lean gainst her as he sat up."Well, we'll let you taste everything."She smiled as she helped him eat a little, resting her forehead against xerxes' head, she shuddered a little, looking content if nervous. It worried her how xerxes was going to react, when he was aware enough to realize that he was alive, and she was married to someone else.Yawning a little she looked up at connor when xerxes was done eating helping him lay back down."You'll stay with him?"She muttered to imriel."I should go see what connor knows bout whts going on at home..."

Xerxes smiled as he was lifted up, giving her a small nuzzle before accepting the food she offered him, making all sorts of noises that should have been in the bedroom, at night, in-between the sheets... they had Imriel blushing furiously, not that Xerxes noticed, he was too focused on the wonderful, amazing sensation of TASTING. he sighed as he was laid back down and he went back to sleep, Imriel offering Bell a smile. "yes, i'll stay with him. go have fun wit Connor, it's been ages since you where able to 'play' with him... just don't get stuck in trees, wallow in mud, or trap him in wooden barrels." he teased, winking at her. remembering horrified tales from the King of his daughters refusal to act a proper lady. Imriel wasn't sure who had been the instigator, but Bell and Connor together had always been causes for trouble.

Bell smiled a little shivering a little as she was nuzzled blushing at the noises. Looking up at imriel she swallowed hard, before laughing softly. "I'll try not to."She said amused t imriel's tesing, because it was true, she wasn't able to act like a lady, which was probably a good thing sine it ws the reason she'd been out of the castle the night of the coup. Wlking downstairs she smiled a little as she straightened her dress stepping into the dining room with a smile, leaning down to kiss connor's cheek before taking her seat."Thank you Connor. Xerxes is sleeping well now.And hopefully this wont cause harm..."She said truly worried about what harm it would cause for xerxes to be alive.

Imriel looked amused and chuckled a little as he kissed her gently, running his fingers through her hair. "it's alright Bell... your safe here. Connor would never let anything happen to you, he always liked you more than he liked Drake." he promised her, chuckling a little as she left. Connor offered her a strained smile and he nodded a little. "it's not a problem Isabelle... but... are you sure it's not going to slaughter us all?" typical fears of a typical man. most people where terrified of Demon's, because of the Christian crusades. not that they got far into the kingdoms, but they had enough time to spread fear and chaos everywhere. "you really care about that Demon, don't you?" he asked, studying her for a long moment, his head tilted. "well, even if he's harmed, we'll do what we can to reverse it, ok?" he asked, smiling at her, kissing her forehead. "now, stop your worrying." he ordered simply. "and eat your dinner."

Connor smiled a little at him,"He wont. At the moment he's to weak to do anything, nd even when he becomes strong again, he wouldn't have saved me to just slughter us all now. If your dead, I have no where safe to go."she said shrugging a little s she started to eat before biting her lip."I do. He is...kind. And he didn't ave to save me, but he did."

Happy Gobble Gobble Day!!!)

Connor sighed, relieved and he nodded a little, smiling at her. "i think, perhaps he might love you." Connor admitted simply. "it's said to happen from time to time." he admitted simply, examining her intently. "you love him too, don't you. just as much as you love Imriel." he mused, his head tilted. "but is it Love, or is it friendship? when did you marry Imriel Isabelle? and why? was it just for safety?" he asked, almost as if he was worried about he beating that her heart was taking. "i never imagined a Demon was capable of saving someone. i thought they only wanted death and destruction." he admitted, shaking his head as the food came. hers with a special extra ingredient that he had added himself. soon, she would be under his control, he had seen the marriage certificate. he could easily have it absolved. and then she would be all his, and they could soon rule the world... he was going to have to do something about that baby in her belly though... but what if it wasn't a baby, but a demon spawn? oh what the great things he could achieve with a demon spawn under his control.

Bell stared down at her plte, eating a bit, glancing up at Connor with anger flaring through her eyes,"You had no right to question if I love Imriel. Or i I love Xerxes. I fled to your lands for safety, for me and imriel's child. I will not be treated like I have done something wrong."she said eating slowly, not relizing what connor had planned.

Back
Top Bottom