Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Avengers: New Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SithLordOfSnark

Banned
Banished
The recession has hit everyone hard causing lost jobs, money, and any type of stability even the lowest paid worker relied on. No one was immune or above this financial disaster. Not even Tony Stark. Stark Industries stocks plummeted and over night Tony found himself broke. With what little he had left tied up in the remains of his company he had no choice to sell anything he could to try to keep things up and running. In the end it wasn't enough to keep the Avengers going. Without the funds from Tony's charity the Avengers could not continue the work they had done for years on their own. Doing the only thing they had left to do those members who would offered their assistance to the government.

The Government, however, did not want the Avengers assistance. They felt it best to keep the world with one less vigilante team and handle the growing number of super villains and villainous evil teams with military force. They formed their plan and executed it out against a mighty foe ad failed with most of those involved in the attack being killed or captured. Including some of the worlds most powerful weapons. Now in enemy hands. Some now very mad enemy hands.

Just like all those many years ago a call is put out for a group of heroes to come to the rescue to stop what no one warrior could handle on their own. Its time for past mistakes to be fixed and for true heroes to rise and become The New Avengers.

Please request your characters on the OOC.

Nikki had arrived at Magnetic a bit ago. Not due to open up for a few hours it gave her and a few others there time to clean and prep for the evening rush. Her black wavy hair currently tied back in a ponytail as she was cutting fruit for mixers and noshes. Most students just went for beer, however there were a few that wanted mixed and speciality drinks...you know the kind with fruit on the rim or on a skewer. The boss let them listen to music as they all worked. The DJ was busy cleaning lights and the small dance area, and one of the waitresses in back cleaning glasses. The company was plesant, she knew the DJ, Marshall Upland....or as he liked to be called DJ Mash-up, they had a few electronics classes together. He was nice in a geeky, Greg Proops meets DEVO kinda way. Since he was walking about he just let the local radio station play for everyone. Now and then they'd all sing to a song playing to goof around a bit. Though technically closed the front door was unlocked. As for Nikki she was letting her hips and feet move practicing her dancing as she worked, even practicing a bit of slight of hand with the skewered fruit. So far it looked like it would be a good day.

Natosha aka Black widow woke up with a few wounds in her side and cursing . She almost found out what happened to a bunch of shield weapons and agents got off too before her cover was blown and she got the crap nearly beat out of her but she manged to turn the tables in the end . She knew nick and been angry with her but she did not care she manged to come back with an ally Hawkeye . She looked over at the other bed where he lay fighting off yet anther brain washing. She knew he was going to make it thou for after being brain washed by loki he seemed to be harder this time to get controled even when he was under control she still manged to easily win him back. She jumped off the table and went and stood by her friends bed side. They was on the hanger by owned by shield.

Hawkeye lay unconcuses but even so he seemed to be making a break thou . Every time he heard the familiar voice of his friend black widow he would twitch an eye. It was only in a matter of minutes the doctor said before he would wake and they hoped he could give them some vital information .

Steven made his way into the cafeteria area, taking a seat after grabbing a tray of food, glancing in the direction of the doors. He began to eat his food, as he brushed a hand through his hair. "I'm so glad we're not going on a mission right away." He said to himself, as he watched the door, waiting to see if anyone would come in to join him.

Widow watched as Hawkeye woke up but he had no memory to by this time unlike how it was with loki. Widow sighed and said "maybe later it come back to you want to go grab a bite to eat". Hawkeye nodded and the two left for the cafatera. Upon walking in they saw Steven aka caption ameria. They got their food and sat down at the table with him.

When things went south for the avengers Peter kept as much of a low profile as possible. He no longer swung through the streets in broad daylight or if he did he kept it to a minimum. He no longer left his signature webs on the baddies he caught. The Avengers had been disbanded and the government felt they could work on their own. Peter knew better though he knew that the cops couldn't catch some of the more 'special' baddies. He had a lot more time on his hands now and heard some good ravvings about a place called Magnetic. With nothing better to do he walked in slowly looking over the place nodding in approval. He walked in not really in the mood for anything alcoholic besides he had patrol tonight. He took a seat at the bar looking out over the scene taking in the scene it wasn't half bad. Maybe he would come with his friends the next time they visited. "Eh its really not that bad here. The whole neon and tech look is good."

She smiled at him, the stranger wandering in. "Well...nights still young. The real crowd is not due in until about 4. After several lectures are done. What would you like to drink?" she looked at him with a bit more scrutiny "I've seen you about campus...you a student or teacher?" she asked. she mixed him what ever he ordered. then she put a couple of ice cubes in a tall glass. Then pouring in some lime and pineapple juices with a jigger or triple sec in the glass she spritzed some carbonated water into it to mix, the triple sec bottle she spun about entertainingly. She topped it off with a skewer of pineapple chunks and marachino charries. She scooted up on the back part of the bar to do a lean/sit. She then sipped her drink.

"Okay, once again? Why am I doing all this shit? I mean, working my ass of for one-eyed Nick?"
Well, he pays you loads of cash.
And he made sure to erase some of your records.
"I'm a mercenary. It's good when people hear about me."
About that thing from two months ago too?
"Hey, that was purely self-defense!"
And that's why you ended up in Vegas, with hijacked bus and a guy strapped to the roof with grenade shoved up his...
"He drooled on me! And besides. I didn't pull the pin. It was all fun and games"
Yeah, bomb squad had a real laugh about it.
And don't forget about that supposed terrorist attack.
"Oh, come on! You saw the movie. They deserved all this for portraying me like that! That mute thing was supposed to be Merc With a Mouth?"
Sure, sure. But C-4 by mail?
Yeah, you should off them personally.
"Okay, maybe you're right. But Furious Nick doesn't even let me be an official Avenger. I'm just a temporary employee until someone more poster-worthy shows up. That sucks!"
Well... you were considered an enemy of human race once. Remember that alien invasion?
"I did it as a job from Nick. And didn't even get paid for it."
One way or another, you are bad for public relations.
You even kicked the public relations guy in the head.
"He called me "unpredictable maniac". Nobody calls me that."
Everyone calls you that.
"Really? My bad."
You guys done with exposition and recap? Let's cut it short. You are an unofficial member of the team to do the dirty work. That's why you were fighting middle-aged mutant reptiles in the sewers, while rest of the team relax and looks for fun in a club. Now can we enter the scene already?
Deadpool stopped at the cafeteria door. People he passed were looking at him with confused looks. The fact that he spoke his part of inner monologue aloud was just a part of the reason for it.

***​

"Honey, I'm hoooome!"
Cafeteria door opened as Wade Wilson entered the room. Some people stood up in surprise. The one closest moved away from him.
Deadpool was dirty and rather foul-smelling. No wonder, since he spent last hour fighting some weird muties in LA sewers. His red and black costume was cut and tattered in some places, exposing bits of scarred skin, already healed from wounds. He also carried a big sack with something inside. Whatever it was, blood slowly dripped on the floor, marking the way he came here.
"Nick here? I need to be paid for shit. Lots of shit, actually." His eyes checked the room, but Fury was nowhere in sight. So he approached the table where big part of the team was seated.
"Hey there, girls. I need some help here. Someone can lend me a hand?" He dropped bloody sack on the floor and turned around. In the middle of his back, a bit to the side there was a big, nasty-looking knife stuck deep in flesh.
"I can't get a good grip on that thing. I think it got stuck in a rib. Care to help, anyone?"
The wound already regenerated around the blade, so forcing it out could be a bit... messy.

Steven glanced towards Widow and Hawkeye. "Hey Clint. Tasha." He smiled as he heard Azure's beautiful voice and glanced in her direction. "I'm a teacher." He said, not really sure if she was talking to him. He glanced then towards Wade. "ALways the loudmouth, Wilson. I think Fury's in his office." He shrugged his shoulders.

Tasha stood up and said "hey hold on let me get a good whack at that thing". she gripped the knife real hard and pulled it out with a good grunt. She felt blood go onto her hand and she said "no I shall need a bath". she turned and went to wash her hands in the bathroom but before she left she turned to steven and said "hey there Steven". She then left to go wash up.

Clint made no move to even notice the bloody bag or the blood on the floor he instead just turned to steven and said "hey whats up", He then went right back to eating as if Wade Wilson was not even there. Clint was the time to not seem to notice but in fact he did and he did not care too much for Wade the guy was a show off in his book.

Carol Danvers looked up at the name of the place. Magnetic? Sounded almost too much like Magneto, and Ms Marvel had known him all too well... She pushed her dark sunglasses up her nose and stepped inside, glancing around, her eyes hidden. She was dressed in her usual reporter garb; black skirt, stockings, white blouse, jacket and heels. Her blonde hair looked a little unkempt, but at least she could say she wasn't one of the unemployed. Getting there, though. It was no secret that J Jonah Jameson was looking for any excuse to fire her ass off the team for the Bugle. Today, however, she had no story to follow. So, she figured, she might as well indulge in one of her favourite habits.

She walked up to the bar and sat herself down, waiting to be attended upon. She liked her liquor hard and strong and fast-acting. Tony Stark had been a drinking buddy of hers, once. Oh, the Scotch he'd given her! She could be floored in three, maybe four drinks with the stuff he'd shared. But, since he'd been so dicked over, they'd been going out less and less. Lately, she'd felt like she could afford more than he.

She'd talked to NASA again recently, but, after the incident with Captain Marvel, they still wanted nothing to do with her. Even though she might be one of the best damned pilots in the skies, nobody wanted her.

Peter was surprised by the response he got and turned around to talk to the woman behind the bar. She mixed his drink a very light one at that. "You can say a little of both. That might be the easiest way to put it." He smirked he was as much of a teacher at the university as he was a student and not many could say that. "I'm more than sure you’re not a teacher there. If you we're I'd love to have you as my young sexy teacher." He laughed some feeling in the flirty mood today. He was sure the drink would open it up even more. Just then he got a small tingle that went up his spine his spidey-sense wasn't tingling but he had to be just as wary. It was Carol sitting further down and he had mixed emotions about that. They had a momentary thing going but where they were now it was still a little unclear.

It might have been better to duck his head but if she noticed things could have gotten worse for him. Besides he would see her at the Bugle and he’d rather not have to have her eyes glaring at him. With an enhanced sixth sense he would always know. He spoke up trying to invite her dwon with him and his new company. “Carol, sweet cakes over here.” The moment of truth was here though he preferred not to be blasted tonight.

Carol was getting irritated at the lack of service. She had never been a very patient woman, and her lust for her favourite vice was starting to drive her crazy.

At the sound of her name, her head jerked up. She brushed some blonde hair out of her face and her eyes landed on the speaker. Her lips spread into a wide grin. "Well, hey there, Petey." She stood up from the stool, tossed her long hair out of her face and pulled off the shades, sliding up onto the seat beside him and smoothly crossing her legs. "How's it going?" There had been a lot of flirting in the office back and forth, and lately she had started to appreciate any company offered more and more.

She leaned one arm on the bar. Apparently the service here was better. She flashed her dazzling, superheroine smile at the bartender, who wasn't bad looking herself. "Mind if I get a vodka-water-lime, double shot of vodka please?" She looked the woman up and down quickly, appreciatively, then back at Parker. "So, how's Jameson treating his sometimes-favourite photographer?" she asked, somewhat wryly.

"Director Fury, can you let me out here. I have someone I need to talk to." Steven spoke into his comm-link, and glanced at Natasha and Clint. "If anything comes up, call me." He said, as the helicarrier hovered over a rooftop and Steven took a running jump, landing on the roof, glancing around for an exit. "Catch ya on the flipside." He said, as he moved to a door and descended down the stairs.

Natasha looked over at Clint and said "shall we go get a drink this place is boring with no work to do" Clint nodded his head and said "sure but Iam buying its the manly thing to do". Natasha just grinned at Clint knowing full well it was his turn this time to buy drinks. They told Fury to let them out at the Mangntic and he did. So the two walked into the bar.

Moving about quickly Nikki fixed the womans drink. "You got it...Absolut alright?" she said as she poured it in. She even made sure the glass was ice chilled. She figured they would want to talk. She let them, she set aobut checking the taps and kegs. She flicked on a few of the neon signs and steampunk looking gizmos, including a little animated train that circled overhead.

"Are you following me?" Steven glanced at Natasha and Clint, before stepping into Magnetic and glancing around. Spotting Azure, he made his way over towards her and Peter. "I think we need to talk." He said to Azure, as he glanced towards the waitress and ordered a drink.

"I don't care what vodka you use, love. Just as long as it does its job and isn't watered down..." Carol pulled the glass towards her and tossed the straw away, putting the cool glass to her lips and taking a drink. She decided, tonight, to try and make it last, and didn't down the whole thing in one go. She sipped it, looking around as the bar started filling up. "Hm," she noted the arrival of a fellow spy and infiltrator, and looked around at the decor. It wasn't really her thing, the whole steampunk scene. She'd always been more interested in space themes, what with being part Kree and an ex member of the Starjammers. Those were good days, back when people wanted their heroes...

She took another drink and flashed a grin at Peter.

Natasha just grinned and said "what a girl can't get a drink" . She and clint made their way over to the bar but on the other in away from peter and Carol. They looked over at Azure and flagged her down by waving. Tasha loved fruity drinks and one of her favorties was a screwdriver vodka and orange juice. Clint was straight up beer and he loved bud lights.

With his enhanced senses her strut over to him wasn't lost on him. She had always been so graceful most of the heroes were. They accepted their powers and it had become apart of them like second nature. Peter however was a little unique he didn't quite fit in with the norm nd his powers weren't exactly simple. He shivered remembering the countless weird things that occured over the years. Venom, Mutating into a giant spider, fighting his other self. It was all weird.

Carol's words snapped him from the odd flashbacks. "Jamie boy has me on his favorite list at the moment. Although I doubt it'll take long to get back on his bad side. He's still blundering on about the spidey thing. He's barely seen as it is but our so called boss won't let it go." Peter knew she should have picking up his coded message. It was getting harder and harder for 'spider-man' to stay out of the paper. Sooner or later someone was gonna catch him and he'd be a wanted man yet again. He needed some help he was missing the days of the Avengers. It was better than this. Better than hiding in the shadows to do his work, the work the police obviously couldn't handle.

Nikki shrugged a moment "seems we might open early" as she watched several people come in. Quickly she began getting their orders together when a rather good looking blond guy leaned over and asked to speak to her privately. 'Great not even open and I'm getting hit on', she thought. "give me just a moment to get thier drinks...anything for you?" she asked him.
After a few moments she had drinks for all. With that she motioned to the waitress to cover the bar. Her drink in hand she moved over to where the tall blond with some nice abs was beginning to sit. She slid into the bench seat across from him and smiled.

"Knew?.....As far as I know he's still alive and kicking" she was wondering what was going on. She took a sip of her drink "I think I read something about the Avengers in the bugle....it was a Stark project wasn't it?" she was kind of curious. she was wondering what if anything it had to do with her. She also hoped it had nothing to do with Col. Stryker or his cronies.

Carol nodded slowly. "You certainly do have the monopoly on super-hero photos," she said with something of a smirk. She finished her drink and waited for the girl to finish her conversation with who was obviously Captain America. Go figure. He would walk around in his uniform like there was nothing wrong. She refrained from rolling her eyes. She and the Captain had had some issues in the past, and she could be something of a spiteful woman.

She focused her attention back on Peter and leaned one elbow on the bar. "It's too bad Spider-Man has no job, other than webbing petty criminals," she mused, holding eye contact with him intensely. "I miss the good old days, when heroes were in their prime."

"Was. And kinda still is." Steven smiled. "I'm Steven Rodgers, also known as Captain America." He smiled at her. "I'm in charge of the Avengers, only second to Nicholas Fury, and there's a spot on the team, if you're interested."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom