Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vampires are real? (Hanabusa Aido & LeatrixSage)

It was a cool windy night. A soft breeze fluttered through the trees. Looking out her brothers window Nanali could see a shadowy figure. The window was open as to let the breeze through. Nanali was sure that this figure was here for bad reasons. But still in many ways a little girl Nanali ran and hid in her room. Leaving her brother asleep in his bed. The next thing she could hear was her brother cry as he was killed on the other side of the wall.

Nanali woke with a start. Her clothes were drenched with sweat and her pillow was across the room. In truth Nanali had had a nightmare like that only once before. The day her parents died, Dante, promised to take care of her. She loved her brother, but he was a pain sometimes too. For starters Nanali was never allowed outside after dark. To attempt to assuage her fears Nanali got up and walked down the hall to her brother's room. He always left the door open so Nanali just peeked in. What she saw only scared her more. Without a second glance she cried out in a rather childish fear for her age and ran to her room. She wasn't really childish, but she was a bit more... "frighten-able" than most. "Who was that?" she asked herself aloud.

Selena sniffed hungrily at the cool night air. She had fed plenty all ready, but the blood that was calling so sweetly to her was undeniable. Hunter's blood. Dante had still been such a young hunter the night he and his parents had taken her newborn child away from her. The man had been a fit companion, but only a vampire for a year before they had laid him low. She had escaped, but only barely. She still bore the scar from the silver dagger Dante himself had carried. And now, in the street bellow the window that barred him from her sight, he was sleeping so peacefully.

Such a fool.

It was an easy climb along the side of the stone building and up onto the terrace before his windows. A little work saw a glass pannel removed and then the window unlocked and slid quietly open. Selena licked her lips as she slid one foot forward to touch the soft, supple leather of her boots to the frayed carpet. There was no sound, and obviously no silver hung along the window's edge. Just last night she had been wlecomed into this place a guest and nothing less than silver was going to keep her out.

Once inside, Selena closed the windows and locked them behind herself. She breathed deep, Dante's blood singing to her blood while the scents of others living in the house lingered elsewhere. So bent was she on her revenge, she barely noticed anything but Dante's steady breathing and beating heart. She was nearly on top of the man when a what sounded like a squeeling child broke the night's silence.

Selena lept away from Dante's side, sinking into shadows and going still. Blessedly, he did not wake. Angry with herself for not paying attention, Selena nelt and, instead of killing him, bent over Dante and dropped a few drops of blood into his mouth. It wouldn't kill him, would not change him, but force him to hover between life and death. He'd likely go mad, and the thought appealed greatly.

That simple task done, Selena left Dante's room, catching the scent of a young woman's blood that was so like Dante's that it startled her. She paused, looking back at the hunter, he eyebrows raised in silent question.

Sister? You have a Sister, Dante?

Grinning, Selena decided she would have a look.

Nanali sat with her back to the wall opposite the door. The bedroom window was just a little to her right. Close enough to keep an eye on, but far enough that an intruder would not be able to reach her from there. "Who was that?" she asked herself, "She looked just like..." Nanali gasped in fear as she realised that she forgot to lock her door. She boldted toward it. She went a bit faster than she ment and accedently burst through it. Wether she had rather it happen or not she bumped into someone and fell back. "Sor-" she started before she realized who sh had bumped into. Nanali barely had the sence to scoot back as far as the hall would let her. As much as she wanted to Nanali found she could not take her eyes off this intruder.

(Ill have better ones later, but I thought this might be a fun part for you to jump in...)

Selena breathed deep, filling herself with the young woman's scent. The blood in this girl was the same as in Dante. Cold grey eyes scanned down the girl's body in a quick sweep, coming back to rest on the sharp features that brother and sister shared.

"What are you running from?" she asked with a small smile. "You look as though the devil himself were chasing you." Leaning aside, she glanced into the girls room, taking a quick look before returning her attention to her. "I don't see anything to be afraid of in there. Maybe you should go back to bed. Demons walk at night, you know."

((ooc: sorry it's so short, I can't seem to get a flow going today. o.o))

(Thats ok. its plenty.)
Nanali slowly backed up into the room again. Her whole body was trembling. She didn't even bother with the door this time. It was too close to the one she was trying to get away from. Her back reached the wall and she pressed herself against it hoping it would yield to her. "There's no such thing." she said aloud. It was mostly for her comfort that an argument to what the strange woman before her had said.

She moved her hand toward the window wanting to escape, but not wanting to let the woman out of her sight. To her disapointment she found the window was locked. She inwardly rebuked herself for not allowing herself an escape route.

"You hear me? There's no. . . such. . . Thing. . ." she said again.

"Oh, you don't know?" Selena actually hesitated, staring at the girl with a new interest. "Haven't you ever seen a demon, girl?" She watched her back away. Watched as she moved toward the window and tried to open it.

"It's locked, darling," she grinned as she moved into the room, thoroughly amused. "They lied to you, hid the world from you to keep you safe." The girl was shaking like a leaf, and Selena stopped a few feet away just to be sure she wasn't going to faint. They shielded you, made the world safe, and now that very shield will get you killed because you have no idea how to defend yourself.

"I heard you," Selena grinned, "but demons are very real, my dear. You're talking to one right now. Did you dream of me? Did you see me coming to kill your brother? Did you see me coming to kill you? They say that is how some of you save yourselves. Is that why you went to your brother's room? Or is there a more sordid kind of love between you and he?"

In an instant, Selena was before the girl, bending close to put her lips by her ear, "What did you see, girl?"

Her voice was lost. Nanali couldn't answer if she wanted. She was so afraid now but there was something else. For some absolutly crazy reason she started to blush. ~Why am I blushing?!~ she thought to herself... Her whole being new it was over. She didn't know why, but she knew is the being wanted to hat she would be dead in an instant. Suddenly she didn't care. Her voice came back and her body moved without thought. "You wanna know what I saw?" she said as she pushed herself to the side and away. She ran to the door and looked back only for a moment. "Sorry, but I'm not telling." She burst full speed toward her front door. ~Will I make it?~ she thought to herself, ~And where did all that attitude just come from?

"That's the spirit," Serena murmured as the girl ran. Her little heart as hammering fast, and not just from fear. That sweet scent on the air gave away secrets that girl probably didn't even know herself. Grinning, the vampire turned and flicked the windows unlocked. Pressing them open, she let the night air in, and herself out.

It was small jump, only a couple of stories, and Serena landed lightly, standing slowly with her back to the door just as it opened. She heard the little intake of breath, the skip of a heart beat, and twisted to look back at the young woman.

"I'm curious," she purred, "where will you run to next?"

Nanali Stood rooted to the spot. Part of her wanted to run. The rest to fall to her knees and cry. Her legs bucked from beneath her, but she refused to cry. ~You're not a baby anymore~ she mentally told herself. "Do what you want with me." she said, "I can see there is no escape." She didn't want to be an this beings mercy, but the run took everything she had left. And she knew it. When the being came closer she could feel her face blushing again. ~Again?!~ she thought, ~What is it with this blushing?~

Nanali found she couldn't take her eyes off the ground in front of her. Her whole body began to tremble. "Please," she begged, "Just don't kill me."

"You're so frail," she mused aloud, "a hunter without claws or fangs or even the will to fight." Selena reached out to catch a few strands of the girls hair between her fingers, examining them the way one might a fine jewel. "What a pitty. A kitten without any claws at all. How boring you are." She dropped the girls hair, feeling annoyed for being denied the fight she had been looking for. "I'm not going to kill you," she spat it out, as if insulted. "You get to watch our brother wither away, why would I ever deny you that life lesson?"

Back
Top Bottom