Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Um... Maybe some other time Eric, I don't think I'm ready to see you shift into a giant Tiger... let alone ride on your back. I do actually need to tutor you one of these days when I come over... maybe next time that's what we can do. I have to go... I'm cutting it close as it is." Ruthaleen said softly she gave him a hug, it surprised her too when she did it, and then she basically ran to her house and want inside slamming the door. She was blushing brightly, she was worried he wouldn't like it but she never got anything affectionate from her own parents and he was her friend now and she only hoped he didn't take it the wrong way. Ruth liked Eric as a friend a lot, he was after all the first one to know any of her secrets. He was also handsome and strong and just as messed up as she was! Which was wonderful... at least for their friendship it was wonderful anyways.

he chuckled a little and nodded. "alright, you can teach me math next time you come over." he agreed, smiling, looking startled as he was hugged, giving her a small hug back before she fled, chuckling a little as he shook his head and went back to cleaning up for the Fey, scattering shiny pieces of paper and sparkly string around, hoping that the Fey would find those more amusing than knocking his books off the shelves. he smiled as he ate his own dinner, staring up at the ceiling, sighing a little. "it's going to be another long night..." he complained with a shake of his head as he got ready for bed. in the morning, he was early to school, looking tired and grumpy as he slumped into the chair next to Ruth. "did you know.. that hair can be tied into knots?" he asked, blinking at her. "it can... it took me hours to get all the knots and tangles and bits of glitter and paper out of my hair!" he complained, sighing a little before he grinned at Ruth. "well, at least my life isn't boring. hmm?" he asked with a smirk at the other girl.

"Stop trying to be their friend. Stop giving them ways to torture you. Set out dishes of cream... and that's it. You can always talk out loud... they'll hear you some might like you better then others. It's kind of cute when one of them tried to protect you. Of course... they mostly find your pain funny. At least mine. I think they don't understand why I ignore them all the time." Ruthaleen laughed a little though very quietly, she'd never held a conversation with anyone as long as she did with Eric, and while she was glad to have a friend and to get comfertable. SHe wondered if her life would always feel this lonely, even if her little friends stayed with her, Ruth knew that Eric would leave. Almost everyone in this town left, except for her father and herself.

Ruth sighed softly and looked down at her books for a moment before looking out the window of the school in which she sat right next to. She could see the park from here and she could just make out her grandmother tree over the edge of the other trees. The largest weeping willow in the state and it was her grandmother and she was forbidden to go there. In fact she was forbidden of going almost anywhere in town without letting her father know a week in advance. She wished sometimes she could just go to the park or even to a diner in town and just have a day where she could do what she wanted. But her father would never allow that. SHe was meant to be at home... her father told her it was her duty to stay at home and not interact with the normal people. Stay home and out of everyones lives.

he pouted at her. "but i WANT them to like me!" he whined, sighing a little. "fine... i'll stop giving them ways to torture me." he complained, pouting a little as he shook his head, looking amused. "i doubt they realize their causing you true distress when they play those hundreds of pranks on you." he admitted shaking his head a little. "they seam like the don't understand the difference between a harmless prank... and something a lot less harmless." he admitted shaking his head a little as he watched her, his head tilted a little. "is that the park? the one where your grandmother lives?" he asked, blinking at the Park. "you know... if you want, i could go and tell her?" he asked, blinking at Ruth. "i know you can't go yourself, so if you want, i could go and tell your Grandmother things if you'd like?" he offered, his head tilted a little as he blinked at her, hoping to help her, in some way, any little way that he could. "you know... as strange as it is.. i feel positively normal when i'm with you." he admitted, smiling at her. "you don't seam to find me as strange as i am." he admitted, smiling at her. "i'm glad your in my life." he admitted, smiling at her before turning his attention to the teacher as Class started.

the day dragged on forever to Eric, who had finally snapped at the cheerleader whores who clung to him anytime Ruth wasn't near him. he seamed grouchy as he sat next to Ruth, sulking at her. "why are people so annoying!?.... for that matter, why are cheerleaders such whores? i swear to god if one more person offers to take me 'out back for a tumble'... i'm going to puke!" he complained, scowling at the little brown paper bag that was his lunch. "and they smell weird!" he complained, wrinkling his nose. "they smell like... like bubblegum... and... and grape and cotton candy!" he complained, scowling at the cheerleaders who where practically stalking him. "...sometimes i hate being a were-tiger..." he grumbled. well aware that most of his problems with the humans, was because he was simply... good genes. he was physically pleasing, and had very good genetics, the humans just couldn't help themselves, but it did SO grate on his nerves.

"When I started to develope boys started to become interested. When I kept saying no... well a few times I got attacked... they tried to make me do stuff but the... friends of mine stopped them. I guess they feel enough kinship I guess the word is that they don't like normal men very much. As for the smell, they smell like plastic pom poms and expensive perfume to me. But then I suppose my nose isn't as good as an animals like you. But because of that I've been branded as a freak of nature. No one will ever get close to me." Ruthaleen said softly as she ate her own from home lunch.

"Don't go to my grandmother, if you upset her I don't know what will happen. For all I know she'll kill everything in the park or worse take on a human like form again. Just please don't okay Eric? I appreciate you want to help but I don't need any. I just need a friend." Ruthaleen said softly not even looking up at Eric while she spoke. She looked down at her food and she felt foolish for even talking about this to him.

there was a very dark look in Eric's eyes, and the spoon he was holding in his hand had somehow ended up bent beyond all recognition as a small, furious snarl left his lips. it was low enough, that the other students wouldn't hear him, but it was anything but human, he sounded like a beast about to pounce. "i'm glad that the bastards where stopped." he hissed, his eyes flashing with rage. "i'd hate to have to gut them. wouldn't that be just bad news?" he asked, clearly struggling not to demand who had tried. his fingers clenched and unclenched on the table, fighting his Alpha Nature to go and rip apart every male he found, in the school and out.

he took a deep, deep breath, but nodded. "i won't go and see your Grandmother if you don't want me to." he promised. "maybe someday, we can go together?" he offered, smiling at her. "when things aren't so... bad, for you." he offered, the edge of darkness still burning in the back of his eyes... but he was slowly forcing himself under control and he gently took her hand, smiling at her. "of course i'll be your freind. i'm just worried about you, that's all... i care about you." he admitted, smiling at her. "your happiness makes me happy..." he shook his head. "just promise me, that if anyone starts giving you problems, in school and out... you'll tell me, ok? i want to protect you. i don't want you to get hurt..."

"Eric! Hey look at me... I... I can help you calm down..." Ruthaleen said, she was startled but not scared of the noises he had made, she had heard worse but then again she'd never heard them come out of the mouth or body of a were tiger before either. She put her hand on Eric's cheek and made him look into her eyes. She focused like she had been in his garden the other night. She tried hard to calm him down. What she didn't know was that she was weaving a spell. An illusion and yet reality. She tried to recreate what she had read about what Tigers liked. And so while she was doing that the images of the rainforest started to spin around them in the perifrial of both of their visions. Lush green grass, large plants huse trees vines, faintly the smell of damp earth, a little of stagnant water and living animals and fruits wafted nearby. Almost within hearing was a cocophany of bird songs, the sound of rain falling through the upper layer of leaves and pattering on the lower shrubs.

Ruthaleen started breathing heavier not aware how much energy she was putting into this for him. "I promise Eric, someday we'll go to see my grandmother, but for now I'm safe, no one will hurt me. Not anything more then bullying and now you're here and you'll keep me safe." Ruthaleen said soothingly as she kept her concentration on the images she was projecting. It was getting more real around them and her breathing was getting heavier, she was also started to sweat a little. She didn't notice. She didn't want to see him lose it here in school. The Fey had gotten nervous with him getting mad. They said it was bad. Dangerous, he might kill people. Bad, Chaos, Dangerous they twittered over and over. Obviously Ruth had to have done something they were all asking her to. She was the only one who could do it. She walked in both realms.

Eric growled again as his eyes turned to her, feeling the soft, oh so soft fingers on his cheeks as he blinked at her, rage and fury in his eyes as she wove the spell. he shuddered, feeling the heat pressing against him, and let out a small sigh as he smelled the lush forest, heard the sounds of insects, smelled the stagnant water and the decaying undergrowth and the smell of wet, wet everything. he slowly relaxed completely, his eyes sliding closed as he enjoyed all the amazing sensations all around him, and you could almost see the tiger deep inside of him Yawning and settling down for a nap, relaxing as Eric relaxed, his bright eyes blinking at her as he watched her. "sorry..." he whispered softly. "sorry.. i'm alright now... thanks." he muttered, sounding tired, but content... like a cat with a full belly who was getting pet. "i'm alright now." he promised, catching her hands in his, breaking the spell before anyone else noticed, the sounds of the school returning to them, people whispering all around them as they wondered what the hell was going on.

"i'm not going to lose control.. i promise." Eric muttered to Ruth, shuddering as he recalled how nice the birds had sounded, how sweet the rain had been as it fell on his fur, his sharp ears catching the scent of prey, and bugs... he was going to sleep well for a week with the images to give him sweet dreams. "that was amazing." he breathed, looking sort of stoned as he smiled. "so peaceful...so wild...so...so... FREE." he hissed, his tone filled with delight as he closed his eyes, tilting his head upwards as if to catch the smell of the forest again, huffing as all he smelled was the disgusting scent of man sweat and perfume... and Ruth of course, who always smelled sweet and wonderful. "i didn't... frighten you... did i?" he asked, looking nervous and worried as he studied her.

Ruthaleen giggled softly blushing a little. They were holding hands... he had gotten upset at the idea of her getting hurt. "No you didn't scare me at all Eric. I've heard much more frightening noises. I even had a visit from the bogey man once. But I was growing a small tree from school in my room. My connection or magic if you want to call it kept me safe. Afterall the bogey man, is a celtic mythology of a man who travels through shadows under the bed or in the closet to a childs room who has been bad in some way and he eats them. Strips the flesh off of their bones and eats the marrow out of the bones. He did come and it was terrible, there was a crunching noise and slythering sounds and it was absolutely terrifying, but the tree I was taking care of broke and he never came back. Compaired to him you're kind of like the everyday friends of mine." Ruthaleen said taking her hand out of his with a deeper blush and eating her food again. Though Eric probably saw a pattern in what she ate.

Ruthaleen ate little red meat, perhaps one third of a cup twice a day of protein. Everything else she ate, was green or grown from the ground. She was mostly a vegeterian, probably because she was partially a Fey. She liked fruit the most but she rarely ate anything other then an apple every day. Her father was a complete vegeterian, he ate no meat. Or little to no protein. Her mother ate a fifty fifty amount of meat and vegetables. Much like any other human. Though Ruthaleen saw and noted that Eric ate much more red meat then anything else. But he could apparently eat everything and anything whenever he felt like it. Ruthaleen was still blushing heavily from using her power for Eric and him being so amazed and holding hands. She was glad she could help and she used a napkin to wipe away her sweat. Actualy she felt a little dizzy but she wasn't going to tell Eric that.

Eric relaxed, glad that he hadn't frightened her and he smiled at her a little before shuddering violently. "yeah, i met the Bogeyman once.... he was eating my brother." he admitted with a violent shudder. "i was as glad as i was terrified." he admitted, looking both horrified and amused. "i didn't actually look at it... but i heard the noises." he admitted glancing at her. "you must have been so terrified... i can't imagine you doing anything bad enough to warrant a visit from Bogey." he admitted shaking his head as he watched her eating. "you should eat more..." he complained, frowning a little. "you barley eat enough to keep a bird alive..." he complained as he scarfed down his food, a greasy hamburger today, and french fries. he must have stopped at the local restaurant before coming to school. "are you sure your alright Ruth?" he asked, looking worried as he pressed a hand to her forehead. "your hot... come on, let's get you outside." he ordered, hauling her to her feet and gathering their lunches before bullying her outside.

there was a tree with a picnic table outside, and he settled her there, close to nature. he figured if she was part Dryad, then she needed nature to feel better. and he liked being outside too, the sweet smell of the flowers and the leaves and the dirt and grass made him feel better too. he smiled as he flopped down right into the grass and dirt and wriggled around, getting dirt and grass all over him as he got comfortable and smirked impishly at her from where she was sitting at the picnic table. "i always forget how GOOD it feels to just roll in the grass." he admitted with a small chuckle.

Ruthaleen smiled softly. "I've never really used my... talent I guess it's called. Not on purpose. Not since I got caught. As for why the bogey man was in my room, I had stolen stuff from neighbors and disobeyed my parents to go to my grandmother. It does feel good to be outside, it's peaceful. I'm okay I just need a minute or something to recover I think... I'm just really tired. I think... I either need to proactice or keep ignoring it like I always have been." Ruth said softly, she continued to eat her salad, and her applesauce and other greens. She ate plenty of vegetables but only little meat.

"My family isn't great and my mom ignores my exsistence and my father treats me like a servant. But I'm still in the house and he still buys me what I need. I have my little cousins all around all the time and I have books to keep me occupied. I couldn't image my family actively trying to kill me." Ruth says softly as she half laid on the picnic table. Still sitting, but laying across the picnic table as she ate. She was very tired.

Eric stared at her, startled. "...huh, i never really thought you'd be able to steal something." he admitted, looking very amused. "well, as long as you weren't eaten." he admitted with a small chuckle. "still.. you got to see your grandmother once, right?" he asked, smiling at her a little. "i'm glad that you used your powers... i'm not sure i could have controlled myself for very long..." he admitted rather sheepishly. "besides, you shouldn't ignore your power Ruth... it might shrivel up and die..." he admitted, blinking at her. "you know how that old saying goes, use it, or lose it." he admitted with a smile at her. "and it's true, you might not have a good life, but your not being beaten, so that's a good thing." he admitted, smiling at her. "and i doubt your parents could justify hitting you, right?" he asked, smiling at her as he stared up at the sky.

"i'm rather the opposite i think.." he admitted. "my Family loved me... i was the Little Prince... i could do no wrong, i was perfect... born from the perfect breeding." he admitted, sighing. "no matter how much they loved me... some of them where always trying to hurt, or kill me, so that They could take the 'throne' once my mother was dead." he admitted shaking his head. "take a nap Ruth. i'll wake you for your next class." he promised, smiling at her. "and thank you for stopping me. the last thing anyone needs is for me to lose control... my Tiger is anxious... i'll have to go into the woods soon so He can exercise... he doesn't like being locked up all the time, and i can't really blame him." he admitted, shaking his head. "being in a cage... is just awful."

"I just hope I helped. Your life was hard I wanna make it easier while your here. As for seeing my grandmother... no that's when I was caught by my father. I've never seen my grandmother. Sometimes I talk to trees nearby though, so that maybe they'll pass the message along to her. I don't know if it ever actually works though. It's okay, Eric I don't have to sleep. I'll wait until I get home. Maybe I'll come over to your house, help you figure out how to fairy proof your house. You can try to teach me how to play those video games." Ruth smiles softly she spoke softly and had finished her food soon enough.

Even though she said she didn't need to nap she was caught in every class after lunch falling asleep, and then walked sluggishly home. She cleaned a little and then walked over to Eric's house. She sat near the garden and then laid in the grass looking at the sky waiting for him to get home. She also fell asleep out in the lawn in the backyard waiting for him. She had never used ehr magic like that before and she knew he was right. But she also didn't know how to use her magic. She had no one to teach her and she didn't want to do anything too dangerous and she certainly wasn't going to listen to the Fey.

he blinked at her a little before nodding. "well, i guess that sounds about right." he admitted, smiling a little. "and i imagine it works." he admitted, smiling. "it's said that the Tree's that live around a Dryad, are just as intelligent as any woman." he admitted, smiling a little. "well, alright. if you don't need to sleep i suppose." he mused, chuckling a little as he shook his head. "i don't think there's a way to Fairy Proof my house, but that's alright. they bring excitement to life." he admitted with a small chuckle. "playing Video games on the other hand, i can certainly do. i imagine you'd like Mario Cart... or maybe Harvest moon." he mused. "something non violent. i don't think you'd like my shoot em up games or my RPG games..." he mused, pondering that for a moment before nodding. "we'll do Harvest moon first, those are nice, simple games." he admitted, smiling at her. he was a little worried when she kept falling asleep, and bribed the teachers again, just to make sure that they didn't complain to her parents. it was his fault she was so tired after all.

he smiled as he came across her sleeping in his backyard, and smiled as he let her sleep for an hour before he gently shook her shoulder. "Ruth? you need to wake up now." he murmured softly. "you are going to have to make your parents dinner in about a half an hour." he warned, his head tilted at her. "your going to need time to wake up before that... i made you some hot tea." he told her, settling the cup in her hand, the smell of peppermint wafting from the cup, promising a good boost of caffeine and revitalizing herbs. "did you have a nice nap?" he asked, chuckling a little.

"Mmm sorry... I wonder why I'm sleeping like this... it's never happened to me before. They can have lasagna tonight. Want to come over and help? I make two one formy dad and one for my mom. I could make a larger one for you if you want?" ruth said softly as she sat up rubbing her eyes with one hand. She was ever so tired, though as she sat up she didn't notice all the small buds growing where she had just been laying down. Little either flowers or tree's a few inches high each, she reached for the cup and took a sip. "mmm tastes great, I didn't have you pegged as a tea drinker... I thought you'd go for soda and energy drinks more you know?" Ruth asked yawning, she still looked almost exhausted.

Standing up slowly anyways Ruth stretched and sipped the hot tea it really was good and a big surprise that he had any. "How long was I asleep?" Ruth asked softly curious. She wondered if using her magic would always make her so tired or if she used more she'd just get used to it. She wished she had someone she could talk to about it. But then she did. She could talk to ERic about it whenever she wanted to. She blushed softly, that wasn't a nice thought. Thinking of talking to him only about her and her life. What a horribly conceited thought. But Ruth gave a little Glance at Eric, he was hot. Like... Jock hot only better. Like the guys on the sex novels that you always wish you could have. Only as a teenager, and she didn't read them.

he smiled at her. "you used your powers when you never have before. of course your tired. i was exaughsted the first time i Changed at will." he admitted with a smile as he glanced at all the little sprouts, lifting an eyebrow but saying nothing. he would move them and she'd never know. she wouldn't have to worry about it. "i like Tea." he admitted, smiling a little. "i drink a lot of Coffee too but i don't much like Soda or energy drinks." he admitted shaking his head. "i'm hyper enough as it is." he admitted with a small chuckle. "and you where only asleep an hour, maybe an hour and a half." he proposed her, smiling as he watched her, his head tilted. "i'm sure if you did smaller things with your power, you will build up a tolerance." he teased, smiling at her. "try growing tiny flowers instead of creating entire worlds." he ordered playfully as he stood up. "and i'll be glad to help you with dinner! i don't know how much help i'll be, since i can't cook, but i can chop things." he promised with a small smile.

he stood, helped her to her feat and walked over to her house with her, and as he had explained, he couldn't cook in the least... but he was good at chopping, and he cut the olives and the green peppers and the onions with a practiced precision, his tongue out and his eyes fixed intently on his work, treating it all too seriously for a simple dinner. "here you go! all chopped!" he chirped happily as he watched her boil the noodles and layer the lasagna and slipped the cheese on top. Eric kept stealing nibbles of the cheese, Admitting that he loved all sorts of dairy things. cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, yogurt, he loved them all, and often made a glutton of himself on such things.

Ruthaleen had brought his cup of tea over with her she cleaned it first. The noodles once soft she placed them in the bottem of three pans. They had all been oiled before hand, cheese and meat and vegetable. Ruthaleen used a lot of ingredients, more then the recipe if she used one would have called for. Ruth had been cooking a long time though and most things she made she knew what she was doing. She had made everything, the meat and sauces. She precooked the vegetables she seasoned everything. She tasted nothing while she was cooking. But even though she was doing all this the only time she smiled was at Eric. Soon enough the three pans were in the oven and cooking. White sauce for the vegetables all over, the other two graciously covered in tomatoe sauce.

Ruth washed the surface, the pans she used while cooking. cleaned everything. Erased all evidence of her being in the house, no finger prints, no hair, nothing left behind to show she'd been there at all. "It'll be done in an hour or two. If you want you can come to my room, I kind of don't feel like cleaning the rest of the house." Ruthaleen said with a small rather unhappy smile. He saw her house now, saw how she wasn't there. She wasn't a child, not a daughter at all she was a servant. She lived in a room at the back of the house, it was the only place with anything that was hers. Any pictures of her were hidden in a box in her room. She took him back. There were boxes filled with things. But there was one bookshelf a desk with a chair and a small single bed. Everything was simple and the colors all equally toned greens and browns even tans. No real color to speak of. No personality, everything that spoke of who she was, was in a box.

he enjoyed helping her cook, and watched with fascination as she made the meal, his head tilted with amazement, his mouth watering as he watched the Lasagna cooking. "your amazing." he breathed, watching her clean up with a rather baffled look on his face before realizing what she was doing... she was erasing herself... suddenly, his heart hurt... a lot. he followed her, silently through the house, realizing that she was in none of it, no pictures, o colors... nothing... these people... did not... he swallowed thickly as they stepped into her room and without warning he pulled her into a tight, comforting hug, holding her.

"i'm so sorry Ruth." he whispered, simply holding her. "no matter how bad my life is, yours is so much worse..." he whispered, tears falling from his eyes as he held her, the little drops of pain and sorrow hitting her flesh before he gently released her. "sorry... i'm sorry i just... i hurt for you." he admitted, wiping his eyes. "i hate, how i can't do anything to make your life better... i can't... do anything for you..." he admitted, sitting on the bed as he wiped his eyes again, watching her. "it's alright you know... to hate them..." he admitted softly. "it's alight to be sad... you don't have to hide it all the time... if you cry... i will always comfort you... if you rage, i will always listen." he promised, blinking at her, swallowing thickly. "i don't want you to hurt anymore..."

"I don't. I used to. When I was younger I cried a lot. Now I... I'm just kind of used to it. It's okay Eric, at least I'm taken care of, roof over my head and all that. I'm sorry this hurt you. If it... I mean I would have kept it hidden if I thought it would hurt you. I'm sorry. Maybe... No so why did you come here after all? Why here of all places to leave your family?" Ruthaleen asked handing him some tissue's. She felt bad that he hurt for her. He didn't want her to live here she knew that. But what was she supposed to do move into his house? She was seventeen. He was too, what were they supposed to do? They needed money for living, and she couldn't get a job yet, no one in town would hire her.

Besides she couldn't leave her parents, they couldn't do for themselves. Mother was medicated most of the time, and they had no time for anything other then work. After her they always worked harder then anything else, they stayed together for... Ruth didn't know why actually. She didn't know why her mother didn't just leave her father. This house, or even the town. Ruth didn't know how to do anything, and yet she was always doing everything in the house but never living there. She didn't know how to talk to people however.

he shook his head a little. "i'm sorry... no it's just..." he sighed and shook his head. "you don't deserve this... any of this." he admitted. "and your right, it could be so much worse for you but... i don't know it just..." he shook his head again and took the tissues, using them to wipe his eyes. "i hate to see such... sorrow.. your just... alone... completely alone Ruth..." he complained softly, blinking at her. "your alone and you don't even know... how much it should hurt you, because your so used to it..." he admitted, shaking his head. "and i can't fix that, i don't even dare try because it's your life... and i don't have the right to interfere in it." he admitted before gently taking her hand. "well... i'll help you best i can." he promised. "i'll be your freind... i think that should help you, right?" he asked, offering her a rather timid smile. "as for why i moved here... there isn't another inhuman creature in this entire town... at least, as far as i knew." he admitted. "it was the safest place for me to hide... no one here to turn me in, you know?" he asked, smiling at her. his eyes red and puffy, but he had calmed down again.

"sorry about breaking down like that... us tigers are real... sensitive, i guess." he admitted. "i cried when my brother broke his arm too." he admitted with a small, rather pathetic sounding chuckle. "if you like, i'm pretty good at Handyman things... if you make me dinners, i'll come over and fix anything you need fixing, and help you make the dinners and help you clean and stuff. so you don't have to do it all on your own?" he offered now that he was calm. "then you won't have to spend all your time working." he promised with a small smile. "plus, helping you cook, maybe i can learn a few things." he teased, winking at her a little.

"I can teach you how to cook, that's not a problem Eric, I just don't know how good of an idea it is for you to keep coming over here. I don't know if it would be bad. I'm sorry it's upset you. I'm just so used to doing this all that I didn't even think about it. You don't have to stay here if it makes you uncomfertable. I'll take the food over to your house when it's done if you want to do something over there instead. As for how I live here, I doubt it'll ever change much, maybe once I get a job after highschool I can get my own place to live or something but for now this is my life." Ruthaleen said with a soft sigh. She was sitting at her desk now and she wished she could Sooth Eric a little but she didn't know how to do that.

he smiled at her a little and shook his head. "it will be ok for me." he promised. "but i won't come over if it might get you in trouble with your parents." he promised shaking his head a little. "i know i can't change how you live... but i wish i could make life easier for you." he admitted reaching over and taking her hand. "your my freind... it hurts that i can't make you're life better..." he admitted, staring at her. "...it hurts that you don't even hurt anymore." he admitted, shaking his head a little. "after high-school..." he smiled a little. "i always forget how nice that is..." he admitted. "i never thought i'd live this long." he admitted blinking at her. "if you like... i can put a good word in where i work?" he offered, his head tilted. "it's a weekend job." he admitted. "very good pay."

"I'll find something to work out don't worry Eric. Besides it's only a few more years. With you as my friend, I'm sure the time will go by a lot faster, I'll try to watch out for you okay? Besides the Fey already like you being around. They keep an eye on your house and play in your yard and try to help the vegetables all the time. I know you can't see them but... I can... I just wish I had some real power... Then I could really help you!" Ruthaleen said squeezing Eric's hand tightly in return. She hoped maybe she could somehow figure out a way to help Eric because she was starting to get... a little crush on him truth be true.

he smiled at her a little and he nodded. "i like them here too." he admitted. "i don't feel as lonely, knowing that they're here." he admitted before smiling at her. "you have more power than you think you do." he admitted simply. "in any case, i don't need your powers, or the things you might be able to do for me... you help me just by being here, just by being my freind." he promised, leaning over and brushing a light kiss to her cheek before standing up. "i should go. your parents will be home soon." he muttered, glancing at the clock. the last thing he wanted was for her to get into trouble for him being there. "i'll see you tomorrow, alright? i'll walk you to school."

"Okay... Thanks Eric, for being my friend. I... Thank you I'll bring some of the food over later once they are done eating. Maybe you can show me one of your video games. " Ruthaleen said softly, she really didn't want him to go but he was very clearly uncomfertable in her room and in the house. Truth be told his home next door was much more comfortable then the one she lived in but then again it was likenight and day that house compared to this one. She didn't have to hide over there, and she could actually be out in the house. Not like here where she was always in her room, always behind a door, out of sight and never to be heard. Sometimes she thought she was a slave for her parents.

Ruthaleen smiled softly at Eric before opening her room door and showing him out the back door, she stood barefoot in the grass holding the door. Night time always seemed so calm and peaceful, she was always too afraid of the darkness and what might be in it. What the Fey always whispered about that hid in the darkness, things... creatures Like Eric but Eric was nice and sweet. Still though She stayed in the light of the house and touching the door. "I'm sorry Eric, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, tomorrow will be better." Ruthallen said softly looking down at the grass not wanting to look up at him in case he saw her pink cheeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom