Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunter and the Hunted

Tristan looked down at Spencer and offered her a smile, shooting a victorious glare at Falin, who didn't even notice as Tristan pulled her close yo him, letting his jacket, and his hot body keep her warm. Azra smirked at Slate, her head tilted a little. "there is no need to be thanking me." she admitted simply. "but, considering your high status, and who your connected to, your welcome any time... please inform Lady Mab that i have a lot of ingredients that she might find interesting." anything from a Phoenix was interesting for potions, and most people couldn't get their hands on them because Phoenix where so rare. "i need some of the 'other' tears too Azra." Falin admitted suddenly, glancing at Spencer and frowning. "Spencer? are you cold? here..." he shed his own jacket, settled it around her shoulders, and then tucked her back under Tristan's arm, glaring at Tristan whose eyes narrowed violently. "such a pretty voice you have Falin... and such a pretty name... are you sure your not a woman?" "i'm sure, i've fucked enough bitches like you to know the difference." Tristan snarled. "you'd never see me risking MY masculinity like that..." "hmm, and what's more important? pride, or life?... i'd prefer to survive being gutted..." "where you gutted AGAIN!?" Azra demanded, offering Falin a glare, the boy rolling his eyes a little. "no i have not been gutted again... that's only happened four times thank you very much..." he grumbled unhappily. "and not in YEARS!"

"I will be most pleased to let my queen know. She enjoys mucking around with her potions."Slate said amused because it was the only childesh thing that the ancient queen still did. She went absolutely insanely over ecited in her need for new potions. Glancing t the other two he smirked slightly at the sight of spencer huddling against tristan. Well. At least that'd put the man in a good mood. "Thanks Falin"spencer said smiling as she tugged the jacket tighter around her, elbowing tristan in the ribs."Stop being a dick."She said tucking her head against his chest, shivering harder.

"Enough.We are going back inside, to wait out the snow storm, if you would permit us lady arza."Slate said with a winning smile, bowing his head slightly glancing up at the sky."It will not last through the morning.We will leave then."He said wanting to get spencer out of the cold, knowing that despite her ties to the winter court, the girl had more summer issues with the wintery weather, and easily became overly cold

Azra chuckled at how easy it was to make contacts with powerful people when Falin brought guests... sometimes he didn't even know who they where! she doubted this was the case this time, but it was super funny when he brought that princess from Egathoria with him and had NO clue that she was royalty... he wasn't allowed in Egothoria anymore after that random disaster. "i'm a God, i'm always a Dick." Tristan stated, looking smug as he watched Falin trudge back up to the house. "the Snowstorm will be done with in it's own time..." Azra admitted. "you can stay for as long as you need to." Azra promised with a smile. "i'll make some Hot Chocolate." Azra promised. "that will warm up the mortals." she promised, pondering for a moment, frowning. "hmm... that's strange... now that i think of it..." she admitted suddenly, her eyes flicking from Spencer to Falin, the man walking around in a T-shirt, Spencer huddled in two jackets. "...shouldn't this be the other way around?" "shouldn't what be what?" Falin asked, his head tilted a little. "Spencer? come inside, your going to catch a death out here... what's wrong with you?" he demanded of Tristan. "are you such a 'god' that you can't even notice when a girls turning blue!?" he demanded, taking Spencer's hand and taking her inside, settling her into a chair and pressing a hot cup of tea from earlier into her hands. "here, drink and warm up."

"Not always."Slate said laughing a litle with a smile before sighing softly. Looking amused at azra's words,"Not so odd. Spencer is part human after all, and a courtier to both courts."He muttered because it was true, after a fashion.There were other reasons spencer reacted to cold,but that's the only one she knew about. "thanks falin."Spencer muttered sipping the tea, smiling as tristan took off his coat,stealing it before he could offer it, huddling into the soft material, loving the warmth. The man was so very warm even his jacket was warm.

she shook her head a little. "both courts? is that even possible?" she asked, lifting an eyebrow. "it's my understanding that one part usually over rides the other, making a child either summer or winter... i didn't know that a person could have actual ties into both..." Azra admitted, stroking her chin. "i mean, i'm sort of a part of the summer court, power wise, but my mother, was tied to the Winter Realms so i usually do what Lady Mab tells me to do." she admitted grinning. "not that i've ever seen the woman personally... or any of the winter court, usually if someone from the Winter needs something they send these cute little ice birds." Azra admitted with a smirk. "i make them uncomfortable..." he admitted with a small snicker as she watched Tristan and Falin fighting for Spencer's attentions. "aaw, their so cute." Azra stated with a small grin as she watched Falin glaring at Tristan who smirked at the Archer and grabbed a blanket from a closet, settling it carefully over Spencer's legs. "they're like puppies wanting the same bone." Azra chirped smirking because she knew both men could hear her, and as expected, they both offered her very sour glares.

"It is, but only once."Slate's smirk tilted a little, "Circumstances had to be....just right."Slate said shrugging a little looking amused, because Spencer's mother had been who had created both courts, and the woman had done what no other had done, graceed both courts.And past on the mantle of power to her abandoned daughter."The birds are nice aren't they?Spencer babies them until they melt."He said snickering a little.Laughing softly at her comparsion he nodded,"They are. Adorable untrained puppies who just cant get along."He said snickering.

Azra lifted an eyebrow and shook her head. "she's an oddity... i do so love Oddities." Azra admitted with an impish grin. "like Falin... he's such an Oddity." "i heard that! stop calling me an oddity! i'm not a little kid anymore!" Falin complained, glaring at Azra who smirked. "your always going to be a little kid compared to me My Little Oddity." "...someday.. i am going to kill you." Falin growled as he glared furiously at Tristan who was snickering. "you're just jealous that i'm three hundred years old and your barley thirteen." "i'm twenty four you ancient bitch!" Falin snarled, glaring at Azra who shrugged. "thirteen, twenty four.. close enough." Azra stated with a shrug. "i was there for your birth don't forget." Falin rolled his eyes. "then you should have killed me then." Falin stated simply. "and if not then, then when i was ten and you so called 'rediscovered' me." he smirked a little. "and if not then, then when you where buying your way into The Hunters Society... and if not then.."

"yes yes i get it." Azra chirped, waving a hand. "your too entertaining to kill." Falin snorted. "you just like me because i'm your biggest spender." "that too!" Azra admitted with a smirk. "now then Blade God, did you see anything you where interested in?" "all of it." Tristan stated simply, Azra hesitating. "...but... i have over thirty blades..." "and i want... all of them." Tristan stated simply, Falin lifting an eyebrow. "well, they are all magical blades Azra, and he is the Blade God." he smirked, and suddenly it was obvious why he had invited Tristan... "well... come into the back with me and we'll haggle out prices." Azra decided, Tristan shaking his head as he pulled a check book out of his pocket, scribbled out a number and handed it to her, Azra choking before nodding furiously. "i am certainly alright with that number..." she managed to squeak. "i'll just... go get your rooms set up then..."

Spencer laughed shaking her head as she looked up at tristan, "you are such a kid. Have to have everything,blademaster."she teasd before sighing watching azra leave before looking over at falin,"so how is your side? You might want to use some of the tears."she pointed out ahaking her head a little looking bemused because to her, tristan and falin were alike like that so they should get along better than they did

Tristan scowled. "they are all unique, one of a kind... it's amazing the weapons the Fire Starter has... i have to have them all. they are Mine." he grumbled, Falin chuckling a little. he could understand the obsession, he had an enormous collection himself, hidden deep under a lake in a cave that no water could get into. he doubted it was as impressive as the ancient Blade Gods collection, considering he was only twenty four... but it was an impressive collection. "my side will be fine." Falin assured her, smirking a little at Tristan who's eyes narrowed. "i can't reach it very well though... would you put the tears on for me?" he asked, handing her a vial, Tristan baring his teeth in a silent snarl, his fingers twitching as he struggled not to draw a blade in a strangers home as Falin slipped his shirt up to give Spencer a clear path to the wound. he looked far too smug for his own safety, and Tristan played with a blade in his hands, clearly fantasizing about slitting Falin's neck.

"You are so possessive.It's a wonder you ever manage to get laid."Spencer said laughing smiling a little.Leaning forward she gently applied the tears before looking up at tristan."What's wrong?"She said recognizing he was annoyed with something. Buiting her lip, looking worried because she was afraid she'd upset him with her comment.

Slate snickered a little behind his head, swallowing hard before shaking his head laughing."Ah SPenc, don't worry. He's just antsy with being away from home."

Tristan snarled a little as Falin laughed at Spencer's comment and smiled as his wound hissed out of existence, straightening with a grin. "thanks Spencer." he chirped happily, kissing her cheek, ignoring how very dark and dangerous Tristan's face got at that. "yes... i simply... dislike being away from home." Tristan hissed through gritted teeth as Azra came back down. "alright, well i only have two bedrooms, SO, the boys will be in one. and me and Spencer will be in the other." Azra admitted with a small smirk as she watched Falin and Tristan glare at each other. "i have enough beds for everyone too so stop glaring at each other!" she demanded rolling her eyes. "for all the stars in the sky! you two are acting like children!" "... i am a child... at least that's what your always saying." Falin admitted smugly. "i'm hungry Azzy..." "don't call me that!" Azra growled, Falin smirking.

"i'll stop calling you Azzy, when you stop calling me an Oddity." "but you ARE an Oddity!" Azra whined, sulking at him before shaking her head. "anyway, i have something to eat here if any of you are hungry..." she admitted heading into the kitchen area and pulling something that looked like a roast out of the Oven there, where it had clearly been baking at a low temperature for.. all day, probobly. "Falin grab the plates will you?" Azra asked, Falin nodding as he moved over to the cupboards, setting the table for five, Tristan's eyes narrowing a little. "...you and Azra seem... close..." he stated suspiciously Azra smirking a little. "of course we're close, after he was fifteen i practically raised the little bastard.... the Hunters wouldn't let me have him until after he was done with training... he was considered a genius so he 'graduated' with his first kill at fifteen instead of eighteen... they didn't seam to care that it was one of their own teachers, which was strange." she admitted, shrugging her shoulders a little. not much was known about the Hunters, they where considered a myth by most, and the only proof that they existed was the people who where connected to them like Falin and Azra.

Slate looked amused rolling his eyes a little, nudging tristan as they moved to the table."Just think, if you're sharing a room with him, he's not sleeping with spencer."He said smirking a little as he sat down to start to eat."This smells amazing Azra.Thank you." Spencer grinned as she started eatin, listening to the others talk, "Not so strange. After all the person who sees the student the most would be the teacher.If he was not skilled enough to stop him, then he deserved it."Spencer mused, thinking about winter court, and survival of the fittest. Where Spencer was seen as the courtier to her wickedness, with her darwin and niezche were sentimental pansies.A philosphy that a girl who'd been raised on mab's words had taken to heart.

Tristan paused for a moment and then brightened at the realization that Falin wasn't going to get to sleep with Spencer either. he didn't notice the sadistic little smug expression on Falin's face. "a shame... she's very cuddly in bed." Falin whispered softly so that Spencer couldn't hear him. "thought i was going into shock and i was suddenly her own personal teddy bear. very cute... AC!" he jerked as a blade suddenly lodged itself in his shoulder, Tristan shrieking in fury and pain as an Arrow buried itself in his own shoulder and Azra gaped in astonishment as the two men met in the middle of Dinner with a fury that made her cringe... they where so furious, that they forgot weapons, and where rolling on the floor swinging fists.

"...well, i suppose your right." Azra stated as if there weren't two men trying to kill each other right next to her. "if the teacher was killed by a fifteen year old then he wasn't much of a teacher i guess." she admitted, flinging her hand and Falin and Tristan, setting them both aflame, making them shriek and leap away from each other to put the flames out, both of them bleeding on the shoulders, the blade was gone, skittered across the floor, but the Arrow was still lodged in Tristan's shoulder. once the flames where out though, they where screaming at each other, pointing and gesturing in their fury. Azra sighed. "...it's going to be a long night..."

"Trist!"Spencer shrieked looking worried as she bounded between them, fussing over the man's shoulder, using her gift to find the weak spot in the arrow and gently easing the broken arrow out of his shoulder, before glaring at falin."Give me some tears.'She demanded despite the two still yelling at each other.
Slate glared at the men, before standing, "No it wont."He winter knight growled as he raised a hand, smirking as he froze them both.Gently pulling spencer away so she wouldn't get caught in the ice he glared, "Now.You will behave in this kind wman's house, or I will return you both to lady mab, and tell her that you are abusing the hospitiality of one of the summer court."

Falin snarled as he glared at Tristan, the man smirking as he watched Spencer ease the Arrow out of his shoulder. "why the fuck should i give him tears!? he struck me FIRST!" Falin snarled, setting a hand to his damaged shoulder to check how damaged he was, squeaking in shock as he found himself frozen, his eyes wide as Tristan flinched at the thought of being sent to Mab. "i'll behave..." Tristan finally snarled, his eyes narrowed at Falin who snarled back, but didn't struggle against the Ice that was containing him, Azra shaking her head as she placed a drop of Phoenix tears on both of the squabblers shoulders. "jeez Falin, i've never seen you so at odds with someone before." Azra teased, looking amused. "and Blademaster! i expected better of you! your a God for fucks sake, stop acting like a mortal child!" she glared at both of them. "i have half a mind to report you BOTH to Lady Winter AND Lady Summer!" they both flinched and muttered their apologies and they sat down once they had been freed, poking at their dinners. they didn't so much as look at each other the rest of the night, though they kept competing for Spencer's attention until Azra sent them to bed with stern glares, and they both settled into bed, covers over their heads so they wouldn't have to see each other. "good lord..." Azra complained once they where both in bed. "i've seen people fight over something, but that's just ridiculous!" she complained, blinking at Slate. "i know Falin's not normally like that... is Tristan?"

Slate shook his head."No."She frowned looking concerned."Not even when he's trying to get spencer's attention."Slate said frowning in concern because it was true. No matter what lengths the man went to, it wasn't usually like this, just to get spencer to pay attention to him.

In the morning spencer yawned, starting a little as she realized she was snuggled up to someone, opening her eyes a little, frowning as she saw the blade resting on tristan's other side from where she was laying on him, wondering how she'd gotten like this. Had he climbed in bed with her, or had she gotten into bed with him?

Azra shook her head a little. "it's almost like their just enemies naturally..." she grumbled, annoyed. "though, i guess the Sword and the Bow are about as enemy as weapons can get..." she shook her head a little. "it's a nuisance..." she complained. "i know Tristan is a god... but a human shouldn't affect him like this... Falin is annoying, yes, but not THAT annoying..." she shook her head again and went to bed. "well, i'm sure you'll figure it out Winterknight." she teased, smirking a little as she went to bed with Spencer.

in the morning, Tristan was sleeping peacefully, sprawled out on the bed in such a manner that Spencer HAD to lay on him or risk falling off the bed. not that he noticed, he always slept like that. considering the snoring on the other side of the room that was Falin, she had crawled into bed with Tristan... and even stranger, Falin had his arms wrapped around Slate's waist, his head resting on the others chest, and his legs wrapped tightly around Slate's as if he was worried that Slate might try to get away, mumbling into the other man's chest with a disgruntled expression on his face as he slept. "well... isn't this a lovely morning?" Tristan asked, smiling down at Spencer. "did you have a nightmare?" he asked, worried as he gently stroked her hair. "is everything alright?... Slate? why is the red monkey in your bed?"

Slate frowned down at the man snuggled down into the bed with him, raising a hand and absently running his fingers through the man's hair, intent on calming whatever was distressing him."Shhh...its okay."He muttered glancing over at tristan."I don't know. Why's spencer in bed with you?"He said.

Spencer whined a little rubbing her cheek against tristan's shoulder as she stirred, sighing softly as she cuddled closer."I don't know.... I dont remember getting in here with you,."She muttered raising her head to look at him, looking bemused."Did you put me in bed with you?"She asked, wondering if he was playing a trick on her or something.

Falin sighed and relaxed under the man's fingers, muttering again before drifting off into a deeper sleep, Tristan looking highly amused as he looked down at Spencer. "i'm not sure why she's in bed with me..." he admitted simply, shaking his head a little as he smirked at her. "i wish i had the guts to do so." he admitted to her. "but with that Flame haired bitch running around i fear i might have been set aflame..." "i heard that you steal bastard." Azra stated as she opened the door, studying them all. "...no hanky panky under my roof unless i get to join in." she ordered looking amused. "and Spencer... i can guarantee none of the men put you there." she promised. "i'd have known if someone entered my room." "talking... shut up." Falin whined, snuggling a little tighter to Slate, Azra smirking as she waited for it, Falin scowling as he realized he was pressed against something, looking up at Slate with a completely baffled look before shrieking and leaping away from the other, hitting the floor and gracing them all with very colorful, and interesting, curses.

he turned and glared furiously at Tristan who was roaring with laughter, and snarled at him, leaping to his feet and storming out of the room, Tristan's laughter following him as he slammed the bathroom door shut. Tristan yelped as Azra rapped him over the head with a firm knuckle and offered him a sharp glare. "i'll have no more of this shit in MY house young man!" she growled. "antagonize Falin at MY risk!" Tristan actually gulped, cringing under Azra's fierce gaze. the promise of pain, and Slate's previous threats did well to keep the Blademaster under control. "up you get Little Finder." Azra ordered. "your barley dressed."

Slate lauhed softly at the other's words,"You're just bound and determined to make sure everyone hates you aren't you?"slate said looking amused as he looked t the blades master shaking his head as he glanced down at falin, snickering as the man fell off the bed. Spencer frowned looking confused about how she'd managed to get into bed, blushing as she got out of the bed shivering in the cool air as she realized she was indeed wearing only her undies and t-shirt."Okay.I'll see you at breakfast."She said before running out of the room herself embarassed nd not sure what to think about her sudden movement in the bedroom.

Tristan shrugged. "Spencer likes me..." he stated with a smirk. "and you at least, don't hate me." he teased, feeling very comfortable with her laying on him, pouting when Azra made her get up and leave, shaking his head. "so what's with you and..." he sneered. "'Arrow'? getting pretty... chummy there, weren't you?" he asked, looking amused. "are you by any chance attempting to seduce him?" Tristan hoped so, because then maybe Falin would get the hell away from HIS Spencer! by the time Tristan decided to go downstairs Falin had come out freshly showered and shirtless, a towel around his shoulders as he ate a piece of Bacon, pondering something as he palmed his Phone. "i don't like it..." he complained suddenly, Azra pausing. "oh? what don't you like about it? i think it's funnier than all hell..." "..they shouldn't be sending people after me still... i already took out one of their ranks... why are the Hunters sending more people after me?" "whose to say the Hunters are? they don't know your 'Secrete Identity' you know... if you can call it that, they don't know who their going after..." "what's going on?" Tristan demanded, well aware Spencer wouldn't ask, and Slate wouldn't care. "... 'Arrow' has been asked to kill Falin..." Falin admitted with a dark scowl. "The Hunters basically just asked me to kill myself..." Tristan snorted, unable to help but find that amusing and Falin actually grinned a little. it WAS funny. "but it's troubling because i've never had someone put a Hit out on me before... whoever wants Spencer dead... knows they have to get me out of the way first..." he scowled. "someone really wants her dead..."

"He climbed in bed with me.Everyone wants to be in bed with me so no, I am not trying to seduce him."Slate said with all the arrogance born of a man who had never been refused a bed. Smirking when he sat down he laughed softly."Well, you could always say that you are taking the contract.They wont hire someone until they're sure you've failed in killing 'arrow.'"Slate pointed out."But before then, I think we should return to Articus Tor."He sid thinking about the fortress that was mab's home. "Do we hve to?ITs so cold there."Spencer sid shivering a lttle.

Tristan snorted, but didn't dispute that... after all, the first time he'd met Slate had originally been a one night stand that turned into something both less, and more. Tristan never spoke of it, but he had enjoyed that one night of passionate sex, though he liked the friendship he had with Slate much more. he had to admit, if Slate asked... Tristan probobly wouldn't refuse him. "Arrow won't take a contract like this." Falin admitted simply. "i don't hunt humans anymore." he admitted with a shrug. "their too easy, too boring." Tristan scowled. "then why did you go after Spencer? they said she was human..." Falin paused, looking completely baffled, and then utterly confused. "i..." he blinked. "i don't know..." he admitted, looking astonished. "and i am NOT going to Articus Tor! are you NUTS!? i's a HUMAN remember!?" Falin complained. "The Winter Court will rip me apart!" well, he wasn't wrong. Tristan smirked just thinking about it. "Slate will protect you i'm sure." Azra teased, Falin's face lighting up a bright red as he recalled the events of that morning. "i am NOT going to Articus Tor!" he complained, shaking his head. "no! no way!"

Slate looked amused before growning serious, looking thoughtful. It seemed that the man had been bewitched into doing what he had done. That seemed like something to look into."Not even to protect spencer?"Slate asked rising a eyebrow."No.We'll find somewhere else.It's the middle of winter!The winter's at articus tor are like standing in the artic circle!"Spencer protested looking at tristan."tell him there's somewhere else to go."

Falin hesitated now at the mention of protecting Spencer, his eyes narrowing a little. Spencer wasn't fully human,,, but she LOOKED Human... they would try to hurt her... "son of a bitch fine.. i'll go to Articus Tor... it's not like the Cold bothers me at all." he grumbled, Azra smirking a little. "well, you could always go to the Summer Lands..." she teased. "it's only ninety degrees there right ow..." "...we are NEVER stepping foot in your Aunts lands, EVER, again Azra!" AUNT!? good lord, Azra was niece to the Summer Lady... no wonder Tristan and the other winter people found her intimidating. "the last time i went there your people tried to spit roast me!!!" Falin complained, glaring at her as she smirked. "well... they didn't like your father." Falin froze suddenly, his eyes fixed on her and she smirked. "... you knew my father?" "i was there for your birth Falin, don't be an idiot, of course i knew your father. anyway Spencer, i don't think Articus Tor will be too much of a problem for you." she admitted moving over to a closet. "i have a heat spelled Jacket here..." she admitted. "it will keep you nice and toasty, even in negative one hundred degrees." she admitted handing it to Spencer. "here you go."

Back
Top Bottom