Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Darkened Hearts (Orcus/LeBella)

"I've never seen a need to merry." I've had lovers, I still have a few who share my bed at times. It is a simple thing." He remembered he was talking to one of the one god people. "Sorry. A... lady doesn't need to hear such crude conversation. Rest assured I would never force myself on a woman. Ever." He heard something near by. The sound was far too faint for human's to hear. He got the distinct impression there was someone sneaking around.

Cecilia felt her cheeks burn as he talked of lovers and bed sharing and cleared her throat. "I like to think my impression of you is correct Signor...at least you are considerate enough to tell a woman exactly how it is..." She smirked. "I don't think I'll ever marry. Unless someone manages to get me to fall in love with him. Someone who I know will be faithful and kind...and have a love for God that equals a love to me. Mother says I'm crazy for wanting love and to not get my hopes up on that account. You marry for duty she says..." Cecilia sighed and then glanced at him. "Thank you Signor...for looking after me," she said then paused and reached up, kissing his cheek. She had to stand on tiptoe but she managed and then came sliding back to being flat footed.

Cashis wanted to say many things at this point. He wanted to tell her that her mother was right and marriage was all about pretending to be in love for the sake of transferring property. He wanted to tell her that her love for god was rare among her class and that most simply pretended to be pious and were some of the most vial sinners of them all. But... it would be cruel to take her illusions from her. That little splinter of emotion flared as she kissed him. It was enough to distract him from the followers.

Once they left holy ground but were still in shadow a man approached them. He was a strange tanned man wish a braided goatee who carried himself with great arrogance. "One of Casandra's progeny I take it. I hunger. Relinquish your prey." He pointed at Cecilia.

Cashis quickly pushed Cecilia behind him. "You misunderstand. This human is not my prey. She is mine to protect. I cannot let you have her."

"I was not making a request." He was suddenly right in front of them. "I am far older than you. Do as I say. Now."

"You do not understand." Cashis drew his blade. "Her family has influence. You are here because you also have an interest in what is going on here. If she were to be killed, it may spark a conflict that would be felt everywhere under the one god. Do you think you'd ever forgiven for causing such and uproar?"

The man growled like an animal at Cashis, but Cashis roared back. "Your seniority is of little concern to me. If you touch her I will turn your progeny and collections to ash until I have forced you to regret this moment! Now go." There was a stand off now. Both men were ready to fight each other right then and there. But the stranger saw that angering Cashis was not wise, and left without incident.

Cecilia watched the exchange with wide eyes. Human? Prey? What were they speaking of. All these things were confusing. She gasped as they growled like wolves preparing for a fight and swallowed, stepping back from the both of them. She hadn't a clue what was going on as they stared each other down but then the stranger demanding her left. She suddenly felt very weak and looked at Cashis. "What was that about? Did he think...you were going to kill me or something?" she asked breathlessly. She slumbed against the nearest wall, her legs feeling weakened from fear. "Cashis...why was he saying that I was prey and that he was hungry...? And...why were you referring to me as a human...that doesn't make any sense," she said, a hand to her heart as she looked at him in the darkness.

Cashis felt shamed by this. He approached he slowly no wanting to scare her further. "It'll be easier on you if you just act like this whole thing never happened." He held her to his chest and began to move with remarkable speed. It was like they were one with the wind. They were suddenly in Cecelia's chambers once again. "I am so sorry, Senora. That man is dreadful and I will see to it that he is dealt with. I'm also sorry about this." He looked into her eyes as Casandra had. "You will never speak of that moment. Not so long as you live." Cashis couldn't help himself anymore. He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers before vanishing into the night.

Cecilia was shocked when he ran so fast through the night up to her chambers. She closed her eyes as he spoke and then he was kissing her. She couldn't recall after that moment how she'd gotten into her chambers but she was shocked that she felt a surge of warmth come through her as he kissed her. Before she could say anything, he was gone and then she opened her eyes to darkness. As though in a dreamlike state, she undressed and then fell onto the bed, exhausted. Unaware of anything else as she fell asleep.

Cashis was beyond livid. Who did that bastard think he was demanding a human from him. Forget who he thought he was, who was he actually. He had told Casandra about what had happened and even described the bastard. Casandra had clearly known who he was talking about but refused to tell him anything useful.

Cashis left Cecilia alone and drank from a few whores. They were dropping like flies with the sudden influx of vampires. Cashis knew more than a few of the visitors. They were coming from as far away as the India to be here when the Pope died. What ever happened to the humans would happen to them to.

Cashis all but forgot that it was Cecilia's natal day. He had managed to get her a gift. It was a comb from the orient. Pure jade. He was walking (literally walking) to the Mancini villa now as the sun had only just set.

"You are looking far more jovial this day than any other," her eldest brother Giovanni was saying as he danced with her. She glanced at the man and shrugged as she smiled and danced.

"Can't a girl be happy on her birth date?" she countered smiling and dancing with him. Giovanni was 32 and had a wife and several children. As her father's heir, he was a man that was right with the world and a really sweet person. If she were to marry, she would like a husband like Giovanni as he cared for his wife and his children. Her sister-in-law Bianca was a lovely woman and Cecilia had always enjoyed her company. She clapped with everyone else as the song ended and she broke away, laughing and then stole a tart from the table of treats. As everyone went to dance, she decided to take a break and go out to the gardens to be alone for a few moments. She sighed as she came outside and breathed in the fresh air, following along the dimly lit path to the bench at the end of the path under some trees. She had no recollection of the run in with the vampire and only recalled being tired as she left St. Peters with Cashis carrying her home. She heard noise and turned then saw Cashis and smiled.

"Signor Cashis," she greeted, standing and smiling at him in the candle light. "I was not expecting you quite so early," she smiled. "Thank you for carrying me home last night. I was exhausted..." she sighed. She blushed as she recalled the kiss he had given her and realized those thoughts were a bit naughty. She'd never been kissed before but she remembered his lips pressed to hers.

Cashis was delighted to see that Cecilia was by herself and seemed to be happy on her own for a change. He smiled at her as he walked up. "I'm sorry for having been away for so long. I've been very busy." He stepped closer. "I did however find a gift for you." He held the jade brush for her. "It comes from the orient. The most beautiful woman there use them, and the most beautiful woman her should to."

She looked at it wide eyed. She'd never seen anything like it. Slowly, she took the comb. It was beautiful and like a mixture of glass and stone and a pretty green. As he made the comment, Cecilia looked up at him and blushed. "Vanity is a sin you know," she said teasingly. "But it's so lovely. Thank you Signor...It is perhaps one of the best gifts I've ever seen. And you've only been gone for a couple of days. You're a man and you have a life outside looking after me. Thank you," she said then leaned up and kissed his cheek before putting the beautiful brush close to her heart. "I shall definitely use this from now on...Are you going to come inside?" she asked curiously. Thinking of the guests inside.

"No, senora. If your father sees me here he'll think there's trouble. I have nothing to bad to tell him yet." He peeked in. "I don't think it would be a good idea to go to St.Peter's Basilica until after this trouble with the pope is passed. There are many people here who have come from... elsewhere. You must be more careful."

"I'm always careful. The only reason you caught me is because I went through the villa...But very well...I'll just go to St. Peter's during the day if only to make you feel better. I'm sure I could do it in the mornings rather than late at night," she said simply then smiled. "You know...it feels strange...these past few days we've been meeting in secret and I feel like I'm being a terrible daughter. I thought this morning that it must be very risky for women to have lovers if it requires all of this intrigue..." she laughed then heard noises and voices behind her. She sighed. "I better go back inside before I'm missed..." she trailed off and looked at him. "When can I see you again Cashis?" she asked, not calling him Signor and not noticing the mis-step in courtesy.

The crypt. Cashis had no idea where she could possibly go to find him safely. She didn't know where in all of Rome he would be and she'd be safe. "If you wish to see me, I think it would be best if I came to you." He was sad about it but she didn't know about the city like he did. Cashis looked in the direction the sounds were coming from. "If you wish. I could come to see you tonight. After you have retired to your chambers."

((OOC: SO sorry for the delay. My days have been hectic the past couple.))

She smiled. "Of course," she nodded. After all, she didn't plan on doing anything naughty. Though if her father ever found out she'd probably be in far to much trouble. She took a deep breath and then heard one of her brothers. "I should be up rather soon," she said then bit her bottom lip, kissing his cheek once more before rushing toward the voices. "Coming!" she called then ran straight into Cesare. Her brother chuckled. "Come on lovely...your wanted inside. Juan Borgia is here..." he said. She groaned at that. Cesare chuckled and led her inside.

"I'll be ready." Cashis vanished into shadow once Cecilia was gone. He slowly made his way to her chamber where he had another surprise for her. Strawberries from France. He had procured them at a relatively high price for her. He intended to make her happy tonight. He simply enjoyed making her happy.

Back
Top Bottom