Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Save the Princess (imran102 x AradiaDream)

AradiaDream

Planetoid
Kriss had been in a tavern, like most nights if she wasn't traveling from one town to another and had to stop to sleep under some trees for the night. She had simply been sitting, nursing a cup of ale. The candle at her table was out, keeping her face in shadow. Her long raven hair was hidden behind the cap that usually covered her entire face, except her eyes. Her leather clothing was made for her agile movements, but made sure to leave room so that it didn't give hints to her body's form. She was athletic by nature, and her body reflected this. However, like all the women in her family she had been, some would say blessed, she would say cursed, with a well endowed chest. She bound them down as much as she could, which helped. To hide her butt and hips, she simply wore baggier pants, using a leather belt to keep them up. She hid herself well, not wanting to end up like all the other women she knew. In her town they all became wives and worked to do nothing but raise a family, while the men learned skills, trades, and how to fight. It's why she'd ran away to find someone who would be willing to teach her.

Now she went through the country, proving herself by taking on jobs for bounty. Whether it was killing a monster terrorizing a village, or bringing in a criminal to pay for their crimes. She was a jack-of-all-trades. If it made her money, she did it. Which is how she had ended up in this town. She'd heard of a castle not far from here, full of treasures, and a princess. The princess who if rescued and brought to the prince here to marry, would fetch the hero a hefty bounty. Sounded like a perfect job for Kriss. Treasure in the castle, money when she brought the princess back. She'd be set for a long time after this. Go to the capitol city, get a new gal every night, especially some of her usual favorites.

Of course, there was the fact no one had yet to succeed in rescuing the princess, or getting the treasure. Still, that wasn't enough of a threat to turn Kriss away. So after her last drink and a night sleep at the local inn she set out. Even by horse it took her most the morning. Wendy, her horse, was a dark shade of brown with a white line down the middle of her forehead and nose. She was a beautiful horse, and only listened to her. She'd made a bet with a horse tamer that if she could tame her, she could have her. Well, it'd worked.

She stopped Wendy at the edge of the castle's mote. There was a wood and rope bridge leading across to the other side. The mote was one half water, the other half lava, and met in the middle, falling down into a large pit. Yeah, this was going to be fun. She dismounted and tied the reigns to a tree. “Be back soon,” she said, setting down several apples and carrots from the packs on Wendy's back.

Kriss checked her armor, making sure it was set right and ready for combat. It was light armor, but efficient. Gantlets that protected from her fingers up to her elbow. She wore shoulder pieces and a chest piece that doubled at covering her body, along with the light chainmail undershirt. Then her boots were armored to her knees, and thigh armor protected her upper legs. Her sword was sheathed on her back, two knives at her waist, and several other items, including food, flint, two flasks, one with alcohol, the other with water, bandages, and some magic powder and herbs were what she carried on her belt. She had to be ready for anything after all. Now that she was ready, she made her way toward the bridge and began her way across.

I looked at the outside of the window of the tower. How long has it been? Days? Weeks? Months? Yes, that sounds about right. It has been months since that....that monster kidnapped from my home at put me in this tower. I tried getting out of the window, but then its a very high drop. All 50 floors of it. Then again,dying is better than getting violated every night.

I heard the door unlock, and he entered.
"What do you want?" I hissed at him.
"Oh? How rude. You should be well-mannered like all princesses, mi armor." He said.
"Just say what you want already!" I exclaimed.
"Tch, fine. I'm just telling you that another hero is trying to save you." he said.
I widened my eyes. A few months ago this would have been great news, but after seeing so many heroes die for me, I really don't want anyone to die for me anymore. I'm not worth it anymore. Not after getting violated all those times.
He looked pleased at my reaction. " Well, mi armor, be grateful that I don't feel like violating you tonight. I'll let you watch as another pitiful knight tries to save you.....and die." He said. He then left the room.

Kriss started across the rickety bridge, testing each piece of wood before taking another step. Only one broke away under her foot, and after several minutes she was across. She took a moment to remove her helmet and wipe her brow. The heat from the lava below had really made her sweat, but she had at least survived. Now there was the process of getting through the castle. She looked around, until her eyes narrowed on the far tower. She saw something in the window, but couldn't quite make out what. Looks like that was going to be her target. She slid her helmet back into place and moved forward, up the steps toward the doors into the castle.

Slowly, and carefully Kriss made her way up, a little unnerved by the still and quiet. She pushed open the door, making sure not to be in the way of the opening as she did. Which was good, for as soon as the door was open enough a spear shot through. She dodged back and drew her sword. With a quick roll she looked through the doorway and ended up on the other side. The door had been rigged to a ballista. She did a quick peek through the door before jumping in and pressing herself to the wall.

She looked around, trying to find some clue as to what was next. It appeared something had tried to hide away bodies, because there were still blood stains. Which gave her a good idea of where she needed to watch her step. After reaching for a stone she skidded it across the ground. As it hit several loose stones, several large axes and many arrows swept through the large room. Her eyes landed on a shield at the other side. Not that it would do her any good now, but she knew she had to get to it.

About an hour and several rocks later, she'd found the pattern on the ground. She began to make her way over the large room, hoping to whatever god would listen that she'd guessed right. When she was standing on the other side she let out a sigh, though still wasn't going to keep her guard down. Sword at the ready, she went for the shield, testing it to make sure it wasn't trapped. Thankfully it looked like it had just come off of someone, and when she pulled it up, the hand and arm that were still attached said she was right. Once she ripped the arm away, Kriss slipped on the shield herself and slowly made her way toward the stairs, eyes and ears as alert as ever.

Kriss got up the stairs without much trouble, and landed in another room. A sleeping ogre laid on the other side, in front of the next set of stairs. “Oh great,” she whispered, looking at the bones that covered much of the room. Well, it was sleeping, so she may just have a chance. She began her way across the room, making sure to try and not make a sound. She got closer and closer, inching along, shield up and sword ready. When she was close enough she ran with a loud battle cry. The ogre stirred, but it was too late. Her sword came down through the back of his throat, and with a twitch, he was dead before he could even move to get up.

With a triumphant nod Kriss pulled out the sword and headed up the next flight of stairs. Though as she got to this one, the creature inside of this large corridor was awake. A four headed hydra. It spotted her instantly and she had to back down the stairs to keep from getting one of the large mouths clamped around her. She waited for the opportune moment, and when the hydra pulled back, Kriss made a dash for it. She dodged one head, smacking another with the shield which sent her sprawling across the floor. She turned onto her back, just in time to block another mouth from getting her, but it wrapped around the shield. With a quick pull, she ripped the teeth from the hydra's mouth and ran. A loud cry came from the one head, but the others were still after her. With a roll and a few more dodges she was through the door on the other side.

She was now at the bottom of the large tower, the hydra still roaring in the room behind her. She looked through one of the side windows down. It wasn't bad, and if she had to come back this way, she'd be able to get her and the princess to the bottom without having to deal with the hydra, or that first trapped room again. It was now just getting there. From what it looked like, there was a large room on ever floor up to the top. Well, she might as well start the climb.

Each floor, a new trap or monster awaited her. A few times she'd have to stop and rest, just to gather her strength. Yet she kept on, the promise of treasure and a cushy life after driving her up. When she finally got to the forty ninth floor, it was a throne room. Filled with tapestries, paintings, and a red carpet. The art was gruesome, showing sites of women being raped and sacrificed in horrific ways. Creatures, like those she'd fought, having their way with the females. Then her eyes went to the monster on the throne. Must have been the perverted thing that had stolen the princess for himself.

He looked at her, eyes full of hatred. They were red and looked like a goats, it's body was almost man like, but ended in large hooves, which fit the creature's face, which was some mix between a bull and a goat. It's body was large and muscular, it's only clothing a long loincloth. It held a mace that was bigger around than Kriss' own body. Her armor was practically warn, the shield cracked in two places, and her sword almost dulled. Still, she stood her ground and waited as the monster stood. “You are a persistent man!” he growled angrily, standing and picking up the mace.

Kriss stood at the ready, and when he swung the mace she dodged, rolling to one side. Good. He might have been strong, but his movements were slow. Then without warning he charged, shoulder down and Kriss had to quickly bring up her shield, but was still sent flying into the wall behind her, letting out a yell of pain as she felt her back hit stone. The shield had cracked almost completely from the hit, and she looked up just as he began to charge again. She quickly rolled away again, causing him to run himself into the wall with his own yell. Yet within moments he had turned, bringing the mace down toward the female knight. Another dodge and she ran toward the throne. She turned around in time to watch as he hurled the mace toward her. She dropped, and heard as it broke through the throne and crashed into the wall behind, putting a large dent in the stone. She jumped up, taking the time he didn't have his weapon to try and catch him off guard.

Kriss slid her hand out of the shield just as he began his charge. She tossed it like a disk, and he had to try and compensate to dodge, but the large shield banged into his shoulder, causing him to lose balance as she ran toward him. When he finally caught himself, he was in perfect range. Kriss slid to her legs, going under his own, sword raised to slice through him, between his legs and into his stomach. When she was out from under him, she quickly stood and turned, sticking the sword into the creature's back. With a yell that soon died out, the monster fell to the floor, making it shake. Blood began to pool around him as she removed her sword from the now dead thing.

The shield was now broken in three pieces. Well, it had done it's job. Kriss to several moments to relax before heading up to the next floor, blood covered sword still drawn. She pushed open the door to the princess' chamber, still panting softly from the fights down below, but she was ready for practically anything. Except how gorgeous the princess was when she saw the beauty before her.

I closed my eyes when I heard the sound of fighting downstairs. I prayed that the hero didn't die. But that hero was quite impressive, most of the heroes die in the first few floors, this one reached the throne room. He (or she) must be quite strong. But that monster was also quite strong, so I didn't know who would win. After all, I can't exactly see the fight. I didn't anyone to die for me.

I opened my eyes when I heard the sounds of fighting stop. Did the hero won and killed the monster? Did the hero die and the monster won. Did the hero lost and escaped? I was cut from my thought when I heard the door open.I didn't know what to expect, whether its that monster going to tell me the bad news or the hero that's going to save me.

I was both surprised and reliefed when I realised it was a person. Tears coming out of my eyes, I leaped at the person and hugged him/her. "THANK YOU THANKS YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!" I exclaimed with overflowing happiness.

That was something else I had not been expecting. Gratitude, yes, but not the woman wrapping her arms around me. She was a princess after all, and I a simple knight. Well, a bit more than that, but the point was still there. I pushed you back, sword still at the ready. My eyes narrowed, moving the sword between us. True, I'd fought a lot, and had made it to the top of the tower, but I hadn't made it this far without making sure I wasn't going to die every next step. If I trusted you right from the beginning, I could be putting myself in more danger than I would like.

"How do I know you're really the princess?" I asked, voice deep to disguise my gender. Even after all this, I still didn't want my cover blown. Number one, not to give whatever it could be a chance to play off any weaknesses, and two, if you were the princess, keep you from spilling who I was when I brought you back to the prince who'd put out the fliers around the kingdom.

I was startled when the knight pointed his/her sword at me. Why was he doing this? I thought he was going to save me? I than heard the kinght ask me how to be sure that I really am a princess. I sighed. "I don't have anything to prove to you that I am the princess. Those monsters stripped me of my belongings, and I don't have any birthmark or anything." I said. "Actually, I don't think I can even be called a princess anymore. I was raped more times that I can even remember, and a princess is supposed to be a virgin till the day she gets married. I said in shame while shiverring, remembering all those horrid tings those creatures forced me to do. I sincerely hoped that the knight would believe me, because I would rather die then stay in this horrid place.

Kriss bit her lip under the mask covering her face. She'd seen the paintings in the room below and knew exactly what those creatures could have been capable of to someone like you. With a sigh and nod she lowered her sword, touching the point to the ground. She couldn't bare to hurt the girl more if she was telling the truth, and would rather take her word than upset her any more. She reached up and removed her helmet, though the black mask stayed on.

As she set the helmet down she knelt in front of the beautiful woman. "Princess," she began, bowing her head. "Those creatures harmed you in a foul way. It was not your fault, nor your wish to be violated and stripped of your virginity." She knew the feeling, having been taken advantage of herself before she'd finally made the decision to run away from her home village. "You will continue to be the beautiful princess in my mind, even if no one else will believe so." She looked back up, a little tense, but wanting to show that she did trust the other woman in front of her.

Tears threatened to come out of my eyes. After being here for months, I don't think I would ever be accepted as a princess, not after what those creatures did to me. I looked at the knight. Although he/she was no longer wearing a helmet, I could not see his/her face due to the mask. "Thank you...thank you for accepting me...." I said as tears came out of my eyes.

"Please get up....I should be the one that kneels down, not you." I said. "C'mon.....I want to get out of this horrid place. Now." Is said. Then I remembered about something. "Ah, you never told me your name. May I know the name of my hero?" I said while smiling. That was probably the first smile I had in weeks

Kriss stood when she began to cry, not wanting to see that, but when she smiled, it was gorgeous. "Yeah, don't blame you," she said, slipping her helmet back on and sheathing her sword. "My name is Kriss, princess. And may I have the pleasure of your name?" Kriss bowed her head lightly in respect. Just like that, she was back to her calmer self, trying to be a charmer. Part of her wanted to ask for a kiss, but that just wasn't going to do if she was going to keep her disguise.

She also remembered that she had to bypass the hydra. Easy enough, especially with the tapestries in the room below. That also reminded her of the fact that they would be walking through several rooms of dead creatures. She just hoped the other woman was going to be okay seeing such things. If not, she could always blindfold her and guide her out.

"My name's Aoi, sir Kriss." I told Kriss. I followed hero to downstairs, the first time I got out of that room in months. I was quite shocked and happy when I saw the monster that kidnapped me lying in a pool of its own blood, but I've never seen so much blood before. I was horrified at the amount of blood, even if it was this monster's.

"Erm, sorry Kriss, but I can't handle seeing this much blood. Umm, can you blindfold me or something. Sorry for being a burden." I said shamefully. I was trained from childhood to be a perfect princess, not a warrior.

Just as she had suspected. Kriss pulled out some of the bandages from her pack that hadn't been used on her own minor wounds and used it to tie around the princess's eyes. Once it was set she went to tearing down several of the tapestries, tossing them in a bunch over her shoulder before going back to the princess. Once she interlocked their arms, Kriss began leading the two of them down the several stories of the tower.

When they finally got to the bottom level, it sounded as if the Hydra had forgotten all about her. Still, she wasn't about to try and go through the corridor, especially with the princess. "Here, we can take this off now," she said, taking the bandages away from her eyes and sliding them back into their pouch on her belt. She then sat and began to tie the tapestries together. "Can't go back out. I didn't have a chance defeating the Hydra in the other room. Thankfully it's only a few stories down to the ground outside. Once there we can make our way across the mote." Kriss looked up at the princess as she finished tying together the last tapestries. "You're about to be free princess," she said, tying the end of a tapestry to the railings of the stairs and tossing the rest of them out the window.

I was confused when Kriss took off the blindfold although we were not outside yet. Kriss explained that we could not go further, due to a Hydra that Kriss did not defeat. Kriss also explained that they were using some tapesteries to get down. I looked outside the window, and sure enough it was not as high as before.

I smiled. I was about to be free! But I know I won't be safe,not until I get back home. I climbed down the tapestries, and finally reached the ground. Oh, how much I wanted to kiss the ground after staying in a tower for months!

"Thanks, Kriss....I don't know how to repay you." I told Kriss. It was true, I needed to somehow repay him/her.

Kriss climbed down after the princess, making sure the tapestries held. When she hit ground and she was given praise again, she simply shook her head. "You don't need to repay me princess." Though she had been a little disappointed at the lack of treasure in the castle. Still, she had much to look forward to when she got her back. "The prince who wishes you returned is offering an award that will suit me fine."

She lead the way back around to the bridge. Besides, the only thing she could want from the girl she wouldn't dare ask. Especially after the what she'd endured in the tower. "It'll be a couple days ride, but I've already got a room at the Inn, in the nearby town for the night." She'd figured she'd might as well book it in advance. Either she'd show up with the princess, or not. If not, the money wasn't any use to her anyway, and if she did succeed, she had a room for the two of them. "You can clean, and we'll get you some new clothing when we're there."

When they got to the bridge, she held out her hand. "Just hold my hand and step where I step," she said as she began to make their way across the wood bridge.

Back
Top Bottom