Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Archers Flurry (Irvine08 and Raziel99)

Fallyn was barely able to scream as the man was pulled off of her. Bruised and beaten, she had blood dripping from her lip and nose as well as cuts that littered her body just about everywhere else. When she wouldn't willingly comply with the captains demands he was sure to punish her and take it anyway. When the man was finally removed from her she simply closed her eyes and hung her head as she trembled, hanging there by her wrists in the chains.

She could hear the gruesome sounds of her lover beating and pulverizing the man that had taken advantage of her. But she didn't need to see it. Finally her chains fell slack and she lifted her head up to see Alex before her. Immediately she wrapped her arms around him, the heavy shackles around her wrists clanging against one another as she pulled her naked body against him. "Alex..." She mumbled as she started to sob. "I'm sorry..." Her body shook as she buried her face in his chest and tried to curl up against him.

He felt Fallyn wrap herself around him, and his strong arms held her, afraid to move, as though that would make the nightmare worse. “You have nothing to be sorry about.” He said in a soft voice, his eyes closing. He heard noise from behind him, but he didn’t do much about it… yet. He put her down, grabbing the scrap of what was left of her dress, and helping her get at least covered before turning to the door. There were a few men there, armored and with crossbows.

He didn’t hear the words of warning, his eyes were red once more as he slowly walked towards them. They opened fire, but the bolts were mosquito bites to his flesh. He rushed forward, grabbing two men by the helmets, squishing them into skulls with one rough squeeze. The rest ran, but were met with crossbow bolts to the back, thrown by Alex.

He turned to Fallyn, picking her up and carrying her out of the prison. There was very little resistance by now. It wasn’t until they were out of sight of the building that he rushed her back to the estate, at the fastest speed he could go with her being safe.

When she heard the sounds behind him her grip tightened. The woman didn't want to let him go but rulucatantly released him as she was set down and her dress was pulled up over her exposed form. Clutching the fabric over her chest she cowered against the wall as she heard the snaps of the crossbow bolts and the smack of them into her lovers skin.

She didn't open her eyes again until she felt Alexander's arms around her once more. Wrapping her arms around his neck. She buried her face in him, squeezing her eyes shut to everything else. She didn't need to see anything there. Clinging to him she couldn't keep herself from shaking. and even after they arrived back at the estate she still didn't feel safe.

The woman could hear the sound of familiar voices, the archers she had found, the other servants, Alex's brothers... this place was supposed to be her safe place but she was still so scared and terrified. She had come so close to dying after being violated, again. Right now she just wanted to feel clean and safe again.

"You are going to stay with me right?" She asked in a small voice.

Alexander only slowed down as he was reaching for the front door, still carrying her. He heard her small voice and stopped, lowering his head to kiss her shoulder softly. “You’re going to be lucky if I ever leave your presence again.” He said in a soft but low voice, as he headed into his estate, a variable fortress for her protection. He went straight to his rooms, closing and locking the door behind him, before letting her onto her feet.

He went to her clothes, pulling out a simple throwover for her to wear, turning to her and throwing it over his arm. “Go wash up, let it all wash off you. It will help a little.”

She waited until they were in their room to let him go. Glancing around a moment before her eyes settled on him. As he stood before her with a clean dress draped over his arm she took his other hand. Pulling him with her into the washroom, she filled the porcelain tub with hot water, letting the steam swirl into the air.

Fallyn let his hand go so she could pull the tattered dress off. The action revealed her broken flesh. Covered in old scars, dirt, grime, sweat, and blood. Fresh injuries dotted her body in cuts and abrasions where skin was just missing. Revealing it to Alex made her feel weak and useless all over again. Her shoulders shook but she couldn't look at him as the tears started down her face. The woman didn't want to be alone but she wasn't going to beg him to stay if he'd rather be somewhere else.

Slowly she stepped into the hot water and slowly sank down into the bath. She pulled her knees up and wrapped her arms around them as she tried no to cry but it was a useless effort.

Alex felt her fingers grip his hand, with surprising strength. He let her lead him into the washroom, watching as she disrobed. Seeing her freshly wounded body filled him with another wash of undiluted rage, but now he had no targets for it. He pursed his lips, resisting reaching out to brush one fresh cut, before she moved into the tub.

She submerged herself into the tub, and he watched her for a long moment before stepping forward, putting the clothes to the side and kneeling behind her outside the tub, his hands finding her shoulders and slowly rubbing, feeling the knotted muscles there. He leaned forward, kissing her shoulder as his hands slowly worked at the tension there.

She jumped a bit at his first touch. The first contact bringing with it thoughts of the assault, but as she turned her head and looked at him with teary eyes she tried to let herself relax as his hands worked at the tension and strain that knotted up her body.

When his lips landed on her shoulder she squeezed her eyes shut as a sob choked her. Her body tensed as she pulled her knees closer. "I'm so sorry Alex." She mumbled into her knees. "I didn't mean for this... I just..." She had to pause and sniffle for a moment. "The man that taught me, he... I... I killed him. He deserved it but, no one would ever believe a homeless girl like me... So I ran..."

Looking up at him her red eyes found his. "I got so used to being on the run... so good at hiding... I didn't plan on finding a home... I got careless." Her shoulders started to shake again. "I never meant to bring you more trouble. Please don't be angry with me."

“Shh…” It was a soft sound that left his lips as his hands went over her shoulders and arms, rubbing to warm them up as he slowed massaging her muscles. His eyes looked into hers as she turned to face him, and his eyes didn’t leave hers for the longest time. “I knew all of that.” He said in a soft voice. “I could see it, in your mind, what happened. And it wasn’t your fault. Not back then, and not now.”

He reached across her, grabbing the sponge and slowly washing her body for her, a small frown on his face as his mind focused on the small actions. “You brought nothing that I would not accept into this household. Many families will think twice before going against me. Those that don’t are foolish, as you have seen when I came for you.” His finger brushed against a specific cut against her shoulder, a front on his face. “I am merely sorry I could not get there sooner.”

She looked up at him, still trembling. Her mind a blurr as he confessed to being able to see it. There was so much he could do she didn't know about him. But Fallyn was willing and wanted to know it all. She was so grateful he had picked her and let her into his life, let her see his secrets. The woman relaxed a bit as his hands gently ran the sponge over her, washing dirt and blood and traces of those filthy men off of her.

She couldn't hide the wince as his finger traced the cut on her shoulder. but her hand went up and found his, her fingers slipping between his. Turning slightly, the action hurt her aching body but she didn't care, she reached up and wrapped her other arm around Alex's neck. Holding him close she took a few deep calming breaths of his familiar scent. "I love you." She whispered. "Thank you for coming after me."

He could see the turmoil in her brain as she thought over many different things at the same time. He saw snippets about him, but he didn’t trouble himself to look deeper into it. She was injured, hurt, and he had to make sure she was ok. He felt her hand move up to his, and her fingers lacing with his, and he slowly moved closer, feeling her turn towards him.

His free arm wrapped around her to comfort her as she did the same, holding her close, feeling her inhale his scent, seeing how it calmed her mind. “And I love you.” He whispered, his eyes closing as he did his best to clear his mind of any idle thoughts that threatened to spring up. “You are my charge, and my love. There is nothing that could stop me coming for you when you need me. I will always come for you.” He pulled away from her, looking into her eyes as a hand came up to frame her face, his thumb running along her cheek. “Always.”

She closed her eyes and leaned into his hand for a moment before turning her head and kissing his palm. Then she reached to the side and grabbed a soft towel from the stand. As she rose to her feet she wrapped it around herself and stepped out of the tub. Letting the dirty water and memories swirl down the drain.

Drying herself off she grabbed the pullover dress that Alexander had grabbed for her and slipped it on followed by the clean undergarments. Leading the man out into their bedroom she found a brush and started to run it through her hair as she sat down on the bed.

A loud knock on the door caused the woman to jump and nearly scream, her heart in her throat. But she pressed a hand to her chest, closing her eyes as she tried to calm herself.

"Sir?" A servant spoke through the door. "A carrier delivered a letter to you, it appears to be a letter from the king of the neighboring kingdom here. There are rumors of war sir." He was holding the letter in his hands waiting for his boss to open the door and take it.

Alexander watched as she slowly rose from the tub, and made half a motion to help her dry off, but knew she had to do it herself, that it was symbolic of her own cleansing. He watched as she dressed in the clothes he brought in for her. She led him into their room, and he watched her brush her hair, until there was a knock at the door.

He frowned as he heard a messenger on the other side of the door. He stood up an pulled the door open, taking the letter from the servant and reading it over quickly before crumpling it and throwing it to the side. “I’m going to have to be away for the rest of the night, Sivamet. My brothers will take care of you, though, and nothing will happen to you. This will be… taken care of quickly.”

Fallyn jumped to her feet and went to his side. The fear in her eyes was easy to see, she didn't want him to leave, she didn't want to be alone without him. "Alex?" She put a small hand on his arm. "What's going on?" Her eyes flicked back and fourth between the servant and her lover.

"Please, tell me what's going on." She asked of him. A wet strand of hair fell into her eyes as she frowned, her hands shaking slightly.

Alexander frowned as he looked to Fallyn, then to the servant, who he dismissed, then back to Fallyn. “It’s nothing.” He said in a low, calm voice, controlled to hold back the malice that seethed just under the surface. “It’s merely stupid humans thinking higher of themselves. It won’t be an issue, I assure you.”

With a slow but fluid motion, his arms wrapped around her, pulling her towards his body and holding her close. “I’ll take care of it later. It’s hardly a serious matter.” His head leaned down, pressing lightly against her forehead.

Fallyn let him pull her closer and she wrapped her arms around him, seeking the comfort he provided. But she could feel the tension there as well. He was hiding something, holding back something. She frowned and let a small sigh escape from her before she looked up at him. "You say it isn't serious but it is bothering you. I can feel it."

Resting her head on his chest she closed her eyes. "Talk to me. You don't need to keep me in the dark." Her eyes open and found the crumpled up paper on the floor.

“I don’t.” He said softly, closing his eyes for a half moment but noticing her own on the paper. “What I did tonight broke our protection to this world. I have to fix this, one way or another. That means blood.” He sighed, shifting to move her towards the bed. “I didn’t want to drag you into this. But it is of little matter. Either we take care of it, or we just… leave.”

He took a seat, frowning as he blocked the intrusion into his mind from his brothers. “I’ll wait until morning to make my decision.”

Looking up at him she let him move her towards the bed. But when he told her the truth she stiffened, a new fear gripping her. The thought of him leaving only put one thing into her mind. Him leaving her. She had been left behind by so many people, chewed up and spit out so many times... She didn't want to think that he'd leave because of something she'd done, but that's exactly what was going to happen.

"What do you mean... leave?" she asked quietly, hesitating.

He could hear that hesitation and fear in her voice, didn’t even have to look into her mind to see that. “I mean leave.” He said, in a low voice. “We are not of this world, or plane. It seems it is about time to move on to the next. The world is getting weary of our stay here.”

The corner of his lips twitched upward just slightly as he turned to gaze at her. “Of course, with as much interaction you have had with us, we would have to bring you with us. Or make sure you couldn’t spread word of interdimentional beings.”

Her brow creased, a wavy lock of hair falling in her face. "I... I don't understand..." The confusion was obvious on her face. "What do you mean you aren't from here?" She ran a hand up into her hair. "Alex, you aren't making any sense..."

"Take me where.... Where are you going?" She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Opening them she looked up at her lover. "Tell me what is happening. I understand none of this." She sank down to a seat on the bed, her shoulders sagging before she looked up at him. Her mind was a confused mess of odd possibilities of what Alex could have meant and where they could possibly go. What all this could mean for her. She didn't know what to think.

Back
Top Bottom